Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Grinning Goblin posted:

I thought about doing some LP of Skyrim in which I just go to loverslab and download everything I can, but uhh... I really don't want to spend several hours tinkering through menus and trying to figure out how often I want to get raped, enslaved, then sold to some person who will rape me, and then get raped in combat, or just randomly get raped by foxes and chickens because some weirdo made a mod to animate that stuff, then have the potential to just get randomly raped by whatever person who might be walking by.

You know, I think those people at that site might have some issues.

So basically, you're actually admitting you DON'T want to play Fatal: Skyrim Edition.

I think this is what trully separates us from :nexus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Coolguye posted:

if you're lucky. had a girlfriend a year and change back that got a real taste for rough stuff after I indulged her once. it was still something that she would totally cop to being just a fantasy and understanding that she never wanted it to happen for real but when she got her blood up that was how she wanted to ride it out

I really never had a verbalization for how uncomfortable it was until I saw the mr. meeseeks episode on Rick and Morty. the iconic "it's getting WEIRRRRD" line rather succinctly summed it up in both attitude and wording.

See also the Dance With Rogues mod we discussed earlier. It's almost nonstop rape and sexual exploitation of the PC, and the author of the mod is a woman. A woman who really, sincerely gets off on that stuff.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Cythereal posted:

See also the Dance With Rogues mod we discussed earlier. It's almost nonstop rape and sexual exploitation of the PC, and the author of the mod is a woman. A woman who really, sincerely gets off on that stuff.

you are the weirdest librarian. you should be an SA historian for all the random stuff you remember.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Cythereal is a great catalog of D&D game modding drama.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I likewise have a female best friend who gets off pretty much exclusively on rape fantasies. She's not stupid, she'd never want it to happen to anyone for real, but in fantasy, oh yeah.

You really can't apply logic to fetishes, but that doesn't mean they go away when you realize they're not logical.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

And that's why the 'Slab exists.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kavak posted:

Cythereal is a great catalog of D&D game modding drama.

Only Baldur's Gate stuff, really, plus a nodding acquaintance with some of the Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 stuff since many of the same people were involved. I contributed one BG2 NPC mod who still makes me cringe to this day, and one BG1 NPC mod later - her BG2 (including Throne of Bhaal) stuff is about 80% complete but I've never gotten around to finishing it.

If nothing else, it's taught me to respect a lot of the mods in this thread on a technical basis. NPC mods especially are genuinely a lot of work if they have extensive features, and in the BG2 modding community at least some of the most technically brilliant modders who could do all sorts of incredible things with the hyper-unfriendly Infinity Engine also tended to be among the most broken people in the community.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Cythereal posted:

If nothing else, it's taught me to respect a lot of the mods in this thread on a technical basis. NPC mods especially are genuinely a lot of work if they have extensive features, and in the BG2 modding community at least some of the most technically brilliant modders who could do all sorts of incredible things with the hyper-unfriendly Infinity Engine also tended to be among the most broken people in the community.

This seems to pan out with all games, or at least Skyrim.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Humans have a really loving weird, complicated relationship with power and self-determination that sometimes manifests in a desire to surrender control (and responsibility) now and again, or a desire to exert control and express aggression without feeling remorseful for it. Occasionally that manifests specifically in rape fantasies, which has been a known phenomenon for a long time. It's squicky to a lot of us for fairly apparent reasons, but it's not really doing any harm if a couple likes to roleplay a goofy barbarian ravishment or something from time to time.

The point at which it objectively goes from "urgh I don't feel especially comfortable thinking about this but I'm willing to live and let live" to "what the genuine gently caress is wrong with you" is probably somewhere between "your rear end hurt." and that soul gem pregnancy mod

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well fetishes and fantasies are cool and all, but I'd genuinely be kind of afraid of somebody who had sexual fantasies about eating or killing other people and there are plenty of mods to that effect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Angry Diplomat posted:

Humans have a really loving weird, complicated relationship with power and self-determination that sometimes manifests in a desire to surrender control (and responsibility) now and again, or a desire to exert control and express aggression without feeling remorseful for it. Occasionally that manifests specifically in rape fantasies, which has been a known phenomenon for a long time. It's squicky to a lot of us for fairly apparent reasons, but it's not really doing any harm if a couple likes to roleplay a goofy barbarian ravishment or something from time to time.

The point at which it objectively goes from "urgh I don't feel especially comfortable thinking about this but I'm willing to live and let live" to "what the genuine gently caress is wrong with you" is probably somewhere between "your rear end hurt." and that soul gem pregnancy mod

Using a soul gem as a surrogate strikes me as a thin line between 'This is awesome!' and backstory for a monster in Darkest Dungeon.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Unless I'm thinking of a different mod, it isn't the soul gem getting pregnant...

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Bieeardo posted:

Unless I'm thinking of a different mod, it isn't the soul gem getting pregnant...

Sounds like a job for the paid modders:

PREGNANT SOUL GEMS - gems can be "impregnated" by <creepy specific method>, higher probability using "virgin"(empty) gems vs. full ones, probability depends on size; pregnant gems, if not used for enchanting, can produce <random scaled number> of smaller soul gems after <period of time> or <special creepy spell> can induce, with possibility of <even creepier failures>. Enchanting using a pregnant gem will result in <truly hosed-up poo poo>.

<bonus point for audio cues: impregnation, labor/birth, baby noises, screaming>

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

PREGNANT SOUL GEMS - gems can be "impregnated" by <creepy specific method>, higher probability using "virgin"(empty) gems vs. full ones, probability depends on size; pregnant gems, if not used for enchanting, can produce <random scaled number> of smaller soul gems after <period of time> or <special creepy spell> can induce, with possibility of <even creepier failures>. Enchanting using a pregnant gem will result in <truly hosed-up poo poo>.

It's okay, Zamboni, just come away from the edge now. There is nothing down there but dicknipples and sexualized super mutants, and you don't want to take that last step - you have people that care about you :stare:.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Bethesda is going to delete the Creation Club the moment those start getting proposed for it.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I guarantee this exists in some format in the Stephen universe fandom.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Cythereal posted:

Only Baldur's Gate stuff, really, plus a nodding acquaintance with some of the Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 stuff since many of the same people were involved. I contributed one BG2 NPC mod who still makes me cringe to this day, and one BG1 NPC mod later - her BG2 (including Throne of Bhaal) stuff is about 80% complete but I've never gotten around to finishing it.

What's the weirdest BG mod you ever encountered?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

What's the weirdest BG mod you ever encountered?

Easy answer is the Imoen Romance, but honestly a mod based around incest with optional rape and suggestions of pedophilia is pretty tame by this thread's standards.

There was the Worgas mod, a one-note joke NPC from Throne of Bhaal that someone made into a mod companion.

The character I think was supposed to be an anthropomorphic raccoon that I never cared enough to look into.

Banana was at least explicitly intended as a joke mod.

Anything by Lava del'Vortel tended to be really strange.

But weirdest? Honestly, my pick would be Aurora's Shoes. It adds a shoe store to Athkatla. That's it, just a shoe store (until ToB). Harmless, yet odd and in a way quite different from the usual dross of :wtc: NPC mods.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Apparently you are not the only one.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Plus it isn't even canon any more!

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

I call dibs on sound engineer!

Use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PE404JP01g, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neaM-JORye4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLh5uWWKYs as the basic design documents, add in some horrible screaming and squelching noises, make sure to add the ~ghostly reverb~ and 50s horror movie SFX and you have a solid soundscape. Doom 3 really had a solid set of deeply hosed up noises you could trivially extract as ogg files.

Competitive Abyss Watching, I gaze into you, you gaze back into me, and together we drift ever further from God's Light

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's okay, Zamboni, just come away from the edge now. There is nothing down there but dicknipples and sexualized super mutants, and you don't want to take that last step - you have people that care about you :stare:.

Sexy Dicknipple Supermutants, with the dicknipple girth and length scaled based on the level of the enemy, and the turgidity based on the alert status. Bonus companion mod, comes with Dicknipple posing pouch armor.

Methylethylaldehyde fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 13, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I got Cannabis Skyrim on the personality test:

quote:

I think people can be stoners without actually smoking weed. They're like puppy dogs--sweet, overly earnest, just want to have a good time, and maybe a little oblivious but not in a bad way. The kind of person who's too nice to make your giant open world game overtly horny... but you'd get a kick out of adding weed. The description for the mod Cannabis Skyrim states, "Beware: This mod adds Cannabis related content," which is probably the cutest thing I have read today. Good looking out, Cannabis Skyrim. I never would have known.

Anyway:

King Vidiot posted:

Well fetishes and fantasies are cool and all, but I'd genuinely be kind of afraid of somebody who had sexual fantasies about eating or killing other people and there are plenty of mods to that effect.

I read somewhere that such fantasies are extensions of BDSM-related thoughts, but yeah, it is extremely weird at the very least.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
crotch mounted broadsider for power armor when

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

King Vidiot posted:

My ex-boyfriend was like that. He was actually really sweet as long as I kept it very clear that he was not to expose me to any of that poo poo, up until the point where he decided that he wanted to fulfill his puke/poo poo fetishes by intentionally giving both of us food poisoning.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Grinning Goblin posted:

I thought about doing some LP of Skyrim in which I just go to loverslab and download everything I can, but uhh... I really don't want to spend several hours tinkering through menus and trying to figure out how often I want to get raped, enslaved, then sold to some person who will rape me, and then get raped in combat, or just randomly get raped by foxes and chickens because some weirdo made a mod to animate that stuff, then have the potential to just get randomly raped by whatever person who might be walking by.

You know, I think those people at that site might have some issues.

I took a quick look at the 'Slab after PC Gamer did it's article about it. It's all just really dark, creepy, joyless stuff like that. Maybe this is a sign that I have some major brain problems, but if you're going to mod sex stuff into a video game, you should at least have some humor about it. There's a Skyrim mod that lets you craft bikini armor, and one of the types you can craft is made of dragon-bone. That kind of thing is something that I look at and I feel like the concept is bridging into parody (albeit maybe not intentionally). If you think of it in the context of the game, you slay this huge, mythical beast, and collect its bones to craft something. However, instead of using them to make some powerful sword or enchanted relic, you use them to make exotic swimwear. It's ridiculous, but it's in such a way that I can't help but find it amusing.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Penis helms is a legit amazing mod, and I stand by that.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

I took a quick look at the 'Slab after PC Gamer did it's article about it. It's all just really dark, creepy, joyless stuff like that. Maybe this is a sign that I have some major brain problems, but if you're going to mod sex stuff into a video game, you should at least have some humor about it. There's a Skyrim mod that lets you craft bikini armor, and one of the types you can craft is made of dragon-bone. That kind of thing is something that I look at and I feel like the concept is bridging into parody (albeit maybe not intentionally). If you think of it in the context of the game, you slay this huge, mythical beast, and collect its bones to craft something. However, instead of using them to make some powerful sword or enchanted relic, you use them to make exotic swimwear. It's ridiculous, but it's in such a way that I can't help but find it amusing.

Yeah, I was floating the idea around for a while because most of the weird slab stuff was almost a bit silly and was falling into Poe's Law territory and I just figured that Slab was the teenage edgelord's version of that and expecting just stuff like giants with a scat fetish or just some random inflation stuff, possibly a Sonic the Hedgehog tie in somewhere, but nope. It was pretty centered around violent rape and/or sex slavery with some guy writing his HP Lovecraft rape fanfics or whatever. Kudos to the dude who tried to give everything in the game an accurate penis though.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Grinning Goblin posted:

expecting just stuff like giants with a scat fetish or just some random inflation stuff, possibly a Sonic the Hedgehog tie in somewhere, but nope.

Too vanilla, that would end up on the Nexus. Confusingly there seems to be slightly -less- pedophilia than the Nexus and its bevy of child bride followers.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Byzantine posted:

Penis helms is a legit amazing mod, and I stand by that.

I prefer the Cock Coif mod personally.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Sinestro posted:

My ex-boyfriend was like that. He was actually really sweet as long as I kept it very clear that he was not to expose me to any of that poo poo, up until the point where he decided that he wanted to fulfill his puke/poo poo fetishes by intentionally giving both of us food poisoning.

Jesus Christ :stare:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Light Gun Man posted:

Someone watched Beowulf, shameful

That one took me a minute.

Cythereal posted:

Easy answer is the Imoen Romance, but honestly a mod based around incest with optional rape and suggestions of pedophilia is pretty tame by this thread's standards.

My favorite part of that one was the choices of things you could say always following the same format. It was something like 1. Sweet 2. Creepy 3. RAPE every time.

Sinestro posted:

This is NOT the Sinestro villain origin story I remember.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Sinestro posted:

I just want to take a moment to congratulate you on that "ex" being in there, because holy poo poo

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sinestro posted:

:piss:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Midnight Voyager posted:

My favorite part of that one was the choices of things you could say always following the same format. It was something like 1. Sweet 2. Creepy 3. RAPE every time.

That format didn't bother me. It was a common thing in BG2 NPC modding to write different potential "voices" for the PC, painting in broad strokes different personalities for the PC and ways for them to respond. I used the same concept when writing Darian - generally the PC's responses were 1. Diplomatic/understanding 2. suspicious/hostile 3. flirtatious/messing with him.

Really not dissimilar from the emoticon wheel Bioware's ended up adopting.

But yes, having been one of the original proofreaders for the Imoen Romance before I had any idea of the mod's reputation (I was expecting it to go "She's not really your sister, you know - Bhaal hosed a chinchilla so I don't think genetics are involved), I know just how deep that rabbit hole went. On the face of it, it's without question the most hosed up mod I ever saw for Baldur's Gate, but at the same time a mod centered around incest and very explicit, very graphic sex and lots of it with dialogue options for rape every other dialogue branch is kind of passe by this thread's standards.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
In these troubled times, let us take solace in our heroes.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sinestro posted:

:eyepop:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, you know what K-L-E-0 needs?

ROBONIPPLES

Feminize Assaultrons

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Less amusing than mods that just give them tits but keep the mono-eye head

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Sinestro posted:

At what point do all the alarms going off in your rational mind just become background music to a relationship? Gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Sinestro posted:

just how desperate where you? there is more to life than sex :stare: