Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Professor Shark posted:

Why are we not treating Worlds Apart like a deep, dark, family secret?

Mario Lanza sure seems to like it. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like Lanza but he likes weird things and makes a point of saying that he doesn't watch for game but for wacky and weird comedic moments. And One World certainly had memorable weirdos if nothing else.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The first funny 115 was great, but it got too popular and Lanza got too high on himself. It's one of those things where he clearly has no idea why the first funny 115 was actually funny. The second and third have a couple of gems, but for the most part it's overly-wordy drivel mixed with incorrect opinions.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think its high comedy or anything but its really easy to digest one article at a time and has a nice nostalgia kickback to it. It makes you remember stuff you forgot and inspires you to rewatch a season. That's fun. Even when its 10,000 words and you kinda just want the joke to be over.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think its high comedy or anything but its really easy to digest one article at a time and has a nice nostalgia kickback to it. It makes you remember stuff you forgot and inspires you to rewatch a season. That's fun. Even when its 10,000 words and you kinda just want the joke to be over.

This is mainly why I get it, but he tries to write with super Oatmeal-y hyperbole without realizing that the Oatmeal is also not funny

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
the CGI Brett thing will never not be funny, though.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I enjoy that there is a website that painstakingly dissects funny moments in survivor stretching back to 2000. Where else can I go to get a kick out of obscure moments which gives me renewed energy to watch Africa or Amazon? : p

Seriously though, I love watching vintage survivor because its survivor + nostalgic haircuts.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's what I like about it. And the way its formatted you can literally just load it up, look at all the images, and go "Oh, hey! I remember you!", click on it, laugh, and go rewatch something. Its just a nice little side thing to have for 30 something seasons of the show.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
He did spend way too many articles on Shambo though.

On the other hand, he nicely dissected how Russell utterly failed st the game. Twice.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Curiosity check here how many players are goons? I know cochran and mike from one world were goons before playing and yau man was one after, but anyone else that we know of?

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf

TMMadman posted:

Previously on....

Survivor!

edit - I like it when someone does that to mark the start of a new episode, so people don't spoil themselves.

This is from 7 pages back, but I just want to say I appreciate when people do this. I'm away from home for 6 weeks at a time so I have a lot of catching up when I get back and I like to read along in the thread. These markers are very helpful.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ready for this finale.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Coach is an asshat.

https://twitter.com/the_real_coach/status/867514378651787265

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh shi its the final already!
There is not enough Survivor in the world. I can see myself getting heavily involved with regionals in my later years.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if Varner is gonna show his face at the reunion

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

jivjov posted:

I wonder if Varner is gonna show his face at the reunion

You mean talk? Because he's there and getting photos with everyone.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Ahh, I don't follow a lot of the behind the scenes stuff (or really any Survivor people on Twitter), so I didn't know he was there

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I get that. I just think there's less hate about the situation than you might think.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Zesty posted:

I get that. I just think there's less hate about the situation than you might think.

Man lost his job after that episode aired; I wondered if there was some bad blood

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
See you guys after west coast airs.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Currently on....

....SURVIVOR!

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

:siren: Previously... on SURVIVOR! :siren:

Oh poo poo, it's Finale Night?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm honestly not excited for this finale and I don't want to deal with that topic during the reunion.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Troyzan: is here, i guess.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mentioning Cirie never winning immunity... can't wait for her to win one.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

Troyzan: is here, i guess.

"quietly" playing from the bottom

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You don't need someone to lean on Tai, you need to blindside the poo poo out of whoever you want gone by playing the idol while getting the rest of the votes.

edit - Like seriously, I don't understand the logic of wanting to share the knowledge of the idols when you've successfully (presumably) kept them secret until the final 6. You literally can't go home until the final 4 at that point and that's pretty much the end game anyway.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 25, 2017

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

There is no logic, Tai is not a thinker.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

man voting out michaela puts brad in such a good position

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TMMadman posted:

You don't need someone to lean on Tai, you need to blindside the poo poo out of whoever you want gone by playing the idol while getting the rest of the votes.

edit - Like seriously, I don't understand the logic of wanting to share the knowledge of the idols when you've successfully (presumably) kept them secret until the final 6. You literally can't go home until the final 4 at that point and that's pretty much the end game anyway.

hopefully he at least retains them and tells people he'll play the idols on them for leverage (and then doesn't)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is brad the outright favourite to win rn?????

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

hopefully he at least retains them and tells people he'll play the idols on them for leverage (and then doesn't)

But isn't the last time he can play them at 5?

I didn't think you could use the HIIs at the final 4.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

These people hosed up voting out Andrea when Culpepper was vulnerable.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TMMadman posted:

But isn't the last time he can play them at 5?

I didn't think you could use the HIIs at the final 4.

I mean 'retain' as in just keep them in his own possession and say he'll play it on somebody else. Then play it on himself instead after the votes have been cast :getin:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

gently caress. This was a poor week to miss 20 minutes of.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

gently caress. This was a poor week to miss 20 minutes of.

Signup for a trial of Hulu livetv, watch from the beginning. You'll catchup through breaks and the first 5 mins being recap.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

I mean 'retain' as in just keep them in his own possession and say he'll play it on somebody else. Then play it on himself instead after the votes have been cast :getin:

Oh well I guess that would work, but I'd probably just want to keep them a secret. Especially because nobody would expect you to have 2 in a row.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:frogsiren: ONE WORLD ON DVD AND BLU-RAY :frogsiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Pinterest Mom posted:

is brad the outright favourite to win rn?????

If it was a Tai Brad Troy F3 maybe, otherwise I'd say the other 3 can beat him

• Locked thread