Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I hate UGA infinitely more than ND and FSU slightly more than UGA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I dislike Bama more but one more title won't change anything.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Sash! posted:

I don't even possess the capacity to give a poo poo. Might as well be which of the two identical twins is going to be prom queen.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
That one game where UGA fans were like 3/4 of Notre Dame's stadium was pretty hilarious

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

For some reason I really had the memory of Calzada extending plays outside the pocket but I just revisited the box score and there certainly wasn't any rushing happening there. That's the only A&M game I watched this year, but I somehow created a memory of him being fairly mobile, even injured in the Bama game.

Welp.

Well, it was probably this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7mlz59-KCo&t=140s

which happened after a Bama lineman had crashed into his leg on the previous TD pass (at the beginning of the video)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Also just gonna crosspost this from the NFL hot seat thread:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve rooted for UGA precisely once in 33 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Sugar_Bowl

Ah yes, the pinnacle of the Richt era, where because it was Richt, UGA still played with their food for 60 minutes and flatly refused to dominate an overmatched opponent. Noles started something called "Fabian Walker" at QB, visibly didn't give a poo poo about the game, and UGA still only gradually pulled away for the win. Shockley looked good though.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Who is Bryce Young's backup? I may as well become familiar with the name now for when I am mumbling it over and over again into unconsciousness tonight.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Farking Bastage posted:

Who is Bryce Young's backup? I may as well become familiar with the name now for when I am mumbling it over and over again into unconsciousness tonight.

Jimmer Romney (no relation)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Jimmer Romney (no relation)

I wanted this to be true. Paul Tyson or Jalen Milroe would be the actual backup from what I can tell?

But they do for real have on the roster:

Stone Hollenbach and Braxton Barker.

Also Bama has another Devonta Smith I noticed (freshman DB).

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I don't enjoy the idea of yet another Alabama title, but I hate Georgia and hate the idea of Will Muschamp getting a ring while we're still paying his rear end for ruining our program even more. RTR.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
There’s really no reason to feel strongly about any subsequent Alabama titles. Their fans can’t get any more haughty, the rest of the sport doesn’t get any more owned. If the prospect of their opponent in a given year losing offers you potential comedy or catharsis, there’s no reason you shouldn’t follow your heart and root for that outcome.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the Cowboys have won three rings in my life and Texas has a title so gently caress it Brady/Bama forever

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

This game tonight after all the discussion of what UGA adjusted or what did Bama do, IMO its very simple.

It's all about the Bama O line. If they keep Young clean like they did in the SECCG, Bama will roll. If UGA remembers how to collapse a pocket like they did all year Georgia should pull it out. That o line played out of its mind in the SECCG, if I'm UGA just get back to being aggressive and I think it'll be winnable.

As a Vols fan ugh, no outcome is good, but I guess go feel good Georgia for all the knees Neyland has claimed?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

Ah yes, the pinnacle of the Richt era, where because it was Richt, UGA still played with their food for 60 minutes and flatly refused to dominate an overmatched opponent. Noles started something called "Fabian Walker" at QB, visibly didn't give a poo poo about the game, and UGA still only gradually pulled away for the win. Shockley looked good though.

Walker ended up winning a D2 national title at Valdosta State the year after. Off the strength of that, the Bucs let him hang around camp for a bit in 2005.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
sorry yall, I put money on bama, so UGA gonna win.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I don't care who wins this game but I am still going to watch it. The football season gasping for its last breath. The earth is gay.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Scarf posted:

sorry yall, I put money on bama, so UGA gonna win.

I put money on UGA so guess it’s an immovable object vs unstoppable force situation

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bama's gonna kick our rear end. :(

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I dislike Bama more but one more title won't change anything.

It's like watching the Jordan bulls on their second threepeat. Oh wow, they're beating the supersonics. Ok. whatever

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

It's like watching the Jordan bulls on their second threepeat. Oh wow, they're beating the supersonics. Ok. whatever

UGA as Kemp/Payton Era Sonics is a pretty good pull, alas

(Jazz would also work)

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 11, 2022

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Why didn't ESPN hire Ed O for their sideline coverage of this? He beat both these guys.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

D.N. Nation posted:

Bama's gonna kick our rear end. :(

I am Spartacus! (all of FBS stands up)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Why didn't ESPN hire Ed O for their sideline coverage of this? He beat both these guys.

He’s too busy railing some stacked blonde in the Destin Margaritaville bathroom.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Tuscaloosa’s top dating site is Ancestry.com” is a very good sign

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Silly Burrito posted:

Couldn’t staff up enough people to handle the subtitle creation.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s too busy railing some stacked blonde in the Destin Margaritaville bathroom.

Warbird posted:

Couldn’t staff up enough people to handle the subtitle creation.

:laugh:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

We doing a GDT or what?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

We already have the bowl thread, so why not there?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987996

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Works for me. We can make an off-season thread later tonight.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The SEC's values will finally be tested now that one of its members has been accused of wrongdoing for the first time.
https://twitter.com/redux_lint/status/1480643531060518922
I say expel them, or force them to not have that stupid-rear end basketball court anymore.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1480663575148384260?s=20

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Seaniqua posted:

I don't care who wins this game but I am still going to watch it. The football season gasping for its last breath. The earth is gay.

:hmmyes:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Bob's Burger movie? Please tell me that this is going to be a streaming thing....because this is embarrassing and stupid otherwise.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Every single ESPN pre-game person picked Georgia for some reason, which makes me feel way more confident Alabama's gonna beat the poo poo outta them

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JT Jag posted:

Every single ESPN pre-game person picked Georgia for some reason, which makes me feel way more confident Alabama's gonna beat the poo poo outta them

Alabama is surely the scrappy underdog.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The SEC's values will finally be tested now that one of its members has been accused of wrongdoing for the first time.
https://twitter.com/redux_lint/status/1480643531060518922
I say expel them, or force them to not have that stupid-rear end basketball court anymore.

These places charged six figures for a bachelor's degree twenty years ago. God only knows what it is now. gently caress 'em.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Georgia is a bunch of chokers but this Alabama team is the worst I've ever seen with the 4th best qb of their last 4 years and they just cannot win this title no matter how good Saban is

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Can both teams lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
is someone gonna make a seperate thread or is it in here

either way gently caress alabama