Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!

GREAT GAME GUYS!

Thanks very much for running it, Rarity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GG town, esp Keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

GG town, esp Keane

I give you a lot of respect on your claim, it gave me a lot of pause, and, more importantly, it was a gutsy move that made the game much more engaging. Great playing with you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have no clue how anyone thought I would actually put a role like that in this game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Oh hey, we won.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Hey, I'm off work now. Should I explain why Punt is scum now?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yesssss

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CommaToes posted:

Yes, please.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

CommaToes posted:

Yes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Keane...

im sorry

Thanks Rarity!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well at least I got my last call right

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Well, you see, he flipped Mastermind, Brotherhood.

That and I figured bowmore wasn't scum after reading Rarity's post before the edit. :hehe:

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
j/k Rarity.

Thanks for running the game and thanks all for putting up with me. I have a lot to learn in order to actually contribute.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I should've claimed Miller after capps. I also had a cool Bishop claim that Tremendous Taste and I were working up, but alas.

merk scum doc posted:

I think I have to claim Miller. I'm going to get investigated night 1.

Hey, I don't know poo poo about X-Men. Could any of our fakeclaims be Millers?

I'm going to claim Miller I think.

A late day 1 claim would be believed I think. I think I'll get investigated tonight if I don't make it

We could just roll the dice on it, but I'm the most likely Cop target

Would Xavier be the Cop?

I'll try to find the Cop then instead of just claiming Miller

:(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Great job town! I'm so glad you guys saw that since I didn't. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thanks for playing, everyone! This was a really entertaining game to mod!

Setup Doc
Brotherhood-Doc

Game MVP has to be Keane who was the first to solve the game and managed not to second guess himself out of it. I also think Punt played really well for his first scum game, he mostly got caught cause of things his scum buddies had done. Overall there were a bunch of different plays going on and that made it really fun to watch.

I had two goals with this game:

1. Learn to balance a game with a SK
2. Learn how to write flavour with an ongoing story while not giving anything away

I think the first one went ok. I was really sad when Hurt died and in hindsight I'd have given him a 1-shot BP cause he got boned when playing a really decent game. As for the second, I think there were a couple of moments where I cut off potential avenues of escape for people but on the whole I think it was solid.

I hope everyone had a good time, I'm going to give it a little time and then come back with my next game soon. It's already setup and ready to go, it's going to be about the 60s run of the Fantastic Four. Hurray!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It was fun, thanks Rarity

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Check out our cool fakeclaim that we didn't get to use:

"Bishop fakeclaim:
Sent back in time to kill X-Men and Brotherhood members who destroy the world":
1. Marvel Girl;
2. Prof X;
3. Magneto; and
4. Bolivar Trask / Sentinels

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CommaToes posted:

Well, you see, he flipped Mastermind, Brotherhood.

That and I figured bowmore wasn't scum after reading Rarity's post before the edit. :hehe:

Dammit, I was wondering if I missed something critical. What had she said? :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Can we see the PM's hurt sent you?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh also, great game Rarity. This is my favorite of the handful of Mafias I've done. Pre-signing for FF. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

FEEDBACK FROM LAST KILL FROM OTHER SENTINELS: GOOD JOB DUMBASS KILLING THE LAMEST MUTANT EVER. WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY THE BOY WHO HAS BIRD WINGS NEXT. THAT LOOKS LIKE A REAL CHALLENGE HA HA HA.

THIS UNIT WILL SHOW THEM. THIS UNIT WILL SHOW THEM ALL.

CONTEMPLATING VARIABLES.

UNDERSTANDING INFLUENCE.

STOPPING FOR A MOMENT AT THE GINCHY GO-GO TO CHECK OUT ALL THE SHE-SENTINELS.

IT HAS BEEN DECIDED.

TARGET HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.

ELIMINATE MR. CAPPS.

quote:

SENTINEL HAS FOUND THAT IT DOES NOT KNOW ENTIRELY WHERE IT IS.

REBOOTING MEMORY OF LAST NIGHT. . . REBOOTING.... REBOOTING...

MEMORY RETRIEVAL FAILURE. SENTINEL SCANNING SURROUNDING AREA LOOKING FOR A CLUE. WHAT IS THIS.

WHY IS SENTINEL IN A HUMAN BATHTUB FULL OF FROZEN H20?? LAST THING SENTINEL REMEMBERS IS SEEING THAT HOT LADY SENTINEL AND OFFERING TO BUY LADY SENTINEL SOME OIL.

WHAT IS THIS? WHY IS THERE A NOTE ON THE SENTINEL'S CHEST? "GO TO THE HOSPITAL. YOU ARE MISSING YOUR CYBER KIDNEYS"

SENTINEL IS SO ANGRY. SENTINEL WILL INSTEAD KILL BYERS. THEN SENTINEL WILL GO TO THE HOSPITAL.

quote:

I CONTEMPLATE ALL THE THINGS OF LIFE. THE SENTINEL-DOCTORS TELL ME I DO NOT HAVE LONG TO LIVE. IT TAKES MONTHS TO RECRAFT THE ORGANS HARVESTED FROM ME AND I NEED MY OIL FILTERED. RIGHT NOW THEY HAVE ME HOOKED UP TO A MACHINE WHERE MUTANTS FILTER OUT MY OIL BUT IT'S SO MUCH EFFORT.

RECENTLY SENTINEL HAS BEGUN TO QUESTION HIS INTERNAL PROGRAMMING. WAS SENTINEL'S LIFE WORTH IT IN THE END?

WE ARE CREATED TO DESTROY MUTANTS, BUT WHAT DO WE REALLY ACCOMPLISH IN THE END? WHERE IS THE SENTINEL ART? WHO MAKES THE SENTINEL MOVIES? WHAT SENTINEL POETRY HAVE WE LEFT DANCING UPON THE EARTH AFTER OUR TRAGIC LIFETIME IS DONE?

SENTINEL SITS HERE AND WATCHES THE OIL RUN THROUGH THE TUBES IN THE MUTANTS STOMACH AND DECIDES TO PUNCH THE MUTANT A LITTLE BIT. THAT FELT GOOD. OH YEAH. I REMEMBER. SENTINEL IS HERE TO HURT MUTANTS. SENTINEL WILL LIVE.

SENTINEL WILL ATTEMPT TO KILL FARBROR.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hey Bowmore?

What the gently caress, man? Not cool. Not. Cool.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

Hey Bowmore?

What the gently caress, man? Not cool. Not. Cool.
Sorry!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Punt was scum MVP for sure, I had TT figured after his claim, but I thought DGK was his partner in crime.

Keane, you were right, both scum and SK targeted me the night I was killed. I'm pretty happy with how I played that game; I figured out merk was scum, which I never can tell on, and I sucked up both kills the night I died which as vanilla is like being a bodyguard in my book. Agree with Rarity, Keane was far and away the town MVP.

Rarity, thanks for running and your flavor write-ups were amazing!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can someone add this game to the wiki please?

* [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654437 X-Men: The Strangest Super-Heroes Of All!] - Town victory. Hosted by Rarity.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay we win!

I helped by being alive Day 1!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh hey, we won. :D

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Rarity you forgot the good one.

I was super bummed because I was going to kill Taste the night before I died. I wasn't buying his Bulletproof and it was between him and Farbror. Sentinel was so close to being Town MVP. (I was also going to kill Merk but he got lynched. How dare he steal my Opop kill)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Met: he's not an sk or is he?

There was a lot of talk about nightkilling me in scum doc.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hey met sorry if I was a jerk to you this game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Apologize to me? I was being antagonistic for fun this game. No worries.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Endgame Met was really good, please post like that~

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Eh. Early game is dull. Early game as vanilla townie is worse.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I wanted to kill you and bowmore so so so badly. Like, I want to say I don't understand the strategy of being unhelpful and antagonizing town, but both of you made it to the end, so...

Good job? ;)

Sorry for making you flip out at me, Bowmore. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Reading another finished scum doc just makes me jealous I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Some day!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Sorry for making you flip out at me, Bowmore. :)
not entirely your fault!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Okay.

##unvote
##vote Punt

Hahaha I knew as soon as I left that was a dumb post to make. Thanks rarity it was a great game I had a lot of fun, good job towns, I felt quite bad about some of the stuff I said especially a lot of the faux-outrage I directed at bowmore, sorry dude, and I'm a tad embarrassed by my now ironically pre-mature gloating in the scumdoc.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Puntification posted:

Hahaha I knew as soon as I left that was a dumb post to make. Thanks rarity it was a great game I had a lot of fun, good job towns, I felt quite bad about some of the stuff I said especially a lot of the faux-outrage I directed at bowmore, sorry dude, and I'm a tad embarrassed by my now ironically pre-mature gloating in the scumdoc.
that's just mafia though, you didn't get personal so it's all good

I feel bad for calling King Burgundy a oval office though because I like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

No worries.

Man, I love the new avatar. I need a dancing Groot one in the same style. :)

• Locked thread