Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Also Cube part of the voted neither Josef or Maug crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

If you buy that I'm town and that I correctly identified Iggy as a limb, and that all scum must be limbs, cube is definitely not scum

by extension neither are salad or hum

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am going to see saw x today, i am excited

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

MockingQuantum posted:

If you buy that I'm town and that I correctly identified Iggy as a limb, and that all scum must be limbs, cube is definitely not scum

by extension neither are salad or hum

Would you list your investigations and their results again? Hard to keep up with things when the game takes long breaks

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
illu do you have a shot of your vig?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
idk it's hard to stay up to date on everything going on. people wanted to vote beet and hum but the reasons are long forgotten, like a tamagotchi at the bottom of a lake

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

saladscooper posted:

illu do you have a shot of your vig?

Yes its infinite shot, once per day

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Illusionis posted:

Yes its infinite shot, once per day

shoot scum imo

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I will be shooting somebody today and either winning or dying

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

saladscooper posted:

shoot scum imo

Who dat

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Illusionis posted:

How is Myc towny, better spill that mason poo poo then cause all they have in thread is scummy as gently caress.

Hold on mycelia, please. I’d like to see their results if they ever receive them.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I am cursed to be scumread :sigh:

I'll post what I have/what I gave masonry chat. I won't be mad if I get shot, tbh it'll confirm my info and then town can hopefully work with that.

My role is "die fixer". Every morning, Keats willing, I receive four names. Each has a 25% chance of being scum. That isn't additive, i.e., there isn't a guaranteed scum among the four. These results started d2.

D2: Opop, Pmom, Humalong, MQ
D3: ANarc, Hambeet, Humalong, MQ
D4: Taste, Pmom, Illusionis, Toalpaz

Hence my going along with Hambeet, my multiple gambling refs, and my attempt to get Shadow and Jarvis (who were specifically called out in my role PM) to visit me. Anyone with an ability that involves a dice roll will, on visiting me, have the lowest result for that die removed (without being informed as such).

My ritual allows me to kill the Stalker if I roll a 20 on a d20 as a day action. For one Stress token I can remove the lowest number on that d20 (it is currently a d19, I got spooked by the haunting.)

I am really bad at percentage maths, so I hope y'all can do more with this than me. I've pinged Keats in my confessional, so I'd appreciate being left alive long enough to report back on that.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Illusionis posted:

Would you list your investigations and their results again? Hard to keep up with things when the game takes long breaks

sure. And as a reminder, when I track I get one player my target visited, their stress at the end of the night, and their flavor name

If either of my targets are a limb, all of my info on both targets is wrong (but notably, not random)

N1:
Cube -- targeted no one, 0 stress, Friendly
Salad -- no one, 0, Quark

N2
Opop -- targeted opop, 0 stress, Patrick
Iggy -- no one, 1, Fitz
(we know Iggy was a limb so this info is wrong)

N3
Cube -- no one, 3, Friday
Meen -- Cube, 3, Freak
(again, iggy was a limb so this is wrong)

N4
MQ -- visited MQ, (stress), computer
Hum -- visited (someone), (stress), has a flavor name that starts with J

Redacting some of last night's results since I don't wanna give away how much current stress hum and I have in case it's useful info for scum, same with who hum visited (if anyone)

I suppose I could just give away his flavor name too but I'm confident it's right

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
mycelia's power seems more useful the less limbs there are

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

mycelia posted:

D2: Opop, Pmom, Humalong, MQ
D3: ANarc, Hambeet, Humalong, MQ
D4: Taste, Pmom, Illusionis, Toalpaz

At the beginning of D4 there were 3 limbs severed and 19 people alive. So depending on how many scum there actually are, the math changes. If there are 6 scum in total, that means out of the 19, there is a 25% chance to roll one of three specific names and a 75% chance to roll one of sixteen specific names. If there are 7 scum, that number changes to four and fifteen, if there are 5 it's two and seventeen, so on and so forth.

I'm most suspicious of pmom's name coming up twice, but again this is random chance so there's no way to tell. For all we know it could be Hum.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

saladscooper posted:

mycelia's power seems more useful the less limbs there are

maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works but as I read it I'm not sure it's useful at all, lol

Here's four names, there's a 25% chance one of them might be scum, but also none of them might be? it sounds like an eccocop that doesn't actually tell you anything

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

MockingQuantum posted:

maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works but as I read it I'm not sure it's useful at all, lol

Here's four names, there's a 25% chance one of them might be scum, but also none of them might be? it sounds like an eccocop that doesn't actually tell you anything

i think it's like, every name rolls a d4 and if it lands on 1 it then rolls to see which scum appears, but if it lands on 2/3/4 it then rolls to see which town appears

it's a wild ability is what i'm saying

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Humalong had an interesting, plausible interpretation in masonchat that made the ability "not useless" and "possibly really powerful."

Basically take each "slot" of results, and before the game seed 3 town names and 1 scum name in there.

Each night, for each slot, roll a d4 and report that person. That gives each slot a 25% chance of scum, always. It allows for dupes over multiple days. And it ensures that there are no dupes within the same day.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

yeah I think without knowing the exact mechanics it feels like a pretty pointless area of speculation to me, assuming you buy that it's not all made up anyway (I'm undecided on myc in general)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

sure. And as a reminder, when I track I get one player my target visited, their stress at the end of the night, and their flavor name

If either of my targets are a limb, all of my info on both targets is wrong (but notably, not random)

N1:

N2
Iggy -- no one, 1, Fitz

N3
Meen -- Cube, 3, Freak

N4

Redacting some of last night's results since I don't wanna give away how much current stress hum and I have in case it's useful info for scum, same with who hum visited (if anyone)

I suppose I could just give away his flavor name too but I'm confident it's right

You can reveal my stress. Scum cannot kill me by giving me stress as part of my haunted mechanic. I Can confirm the rest of that, though. My name starts with a J and I visited someone last night (they know who they are).

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

yeah I think without knowing the exact mechanics it feels like a pretty pointless area of speculation to me, assuming you buy that it's not all made up anyway (I'm undecided on myc in general)

It only becomes powerful once we have at least 4 names from each group. Assuming this isn’t all fabricated, of course. As is the best we have is 3 names for one group. The ideal situation would be getting some names of already flipped scum and being able to verify people as town, but I’d be suspicious at that point for the same possibility it’s all made up.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

saladscooper posted:

I'm most suspicious of pmom's name coming up twice, but again this is random chance so there's no way to tell. For all we know it could be Hum.

fwiw if you trust that my results clear you as town, they also clear hum as town (assuming it's true that all scum must be limbs)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my favorite saw character is amanda, what is yours

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is a question to whole thread

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

You can reveal my stress. Scum cannot kill me by giving me stress as part of my haunted mechanic. I Can confirm the rest of that, though. My name starts with a J and I visited someone last night (they know who they are).

fair nuff, hum has 7 stress, which I assume means he doesn't die at 5 stress like the rest of us, which lines up with what he says here. I was holding it back in part because it seemed very strange, lol. but my results on me were all correct and they wouldn't have been if he was a limb anyway

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

I like the little tricycle puppet guy, I think his name is jigjag

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

zigzag? Jibberjabber. whatever.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Snooze Cruise posted:

I like Lawrence, but Amanda's pretty good too!

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Oh yeah, it's living players only, which is both useful (smaller sample size) and not useful (no confirmed flips available).

If there's other info people want lmk, I still have 3 questions. I am pretty close to bedtime here, but I'll check in a few times before I actually sleep.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

fair nuff, hum has 7 stress, which I assume means he doesn't die at 5 stress like the rest of us, which lines up with what he says here. I was holding it back in part because it seemed very strange, lol. but my results on me were all correct and they wouldn't have been if he was a limb anyway

Oh weird, you get your results before everything is processed I guess. I’m back down to 4 stress now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay well I think I know why taste keeps wanting to push the vote on me. I “watched” them last night and was told my target is from a fictional universe.

Taste must think I want to kill fictional characters (I don’t, I’m not a bounty hunter), or has a condition that involves killing me, specifically, because he’s been on me since I revealed my role.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Snooze Cruise posted:

Applebees

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also I got a banana counter last night which makes this

t a s t e posted:

I’m going to give every single one of you fruit at this rate

make sense, I think

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MockingQuantum posted:

N1:

N2
Iggy -- no one, 1, Fitz

N3
Meen -- Cube, 3, Freak

N4

And n2 you targeted opop but got me instead

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I forget half of this game already

Who are all the dead scum?

Maugrim
Josef
Meen

Was there a fourth?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

And n2 you targeted opop but got me instead

yes indeed, I forgot to add that in the summary. my guess is that the part of my ability that specifies that my info will be wrong but not random might suggest that the info I get is wrong for my targets, but possibly still valid for another player, or something along those lines. I don't think I have any way to confirm that, or that it's worth thinking too hard about, lol

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

I forget half of this game already

Who are all the dead scum?

Maugrim
Josef
Meen

Was there a fourth?

Phantommuzzles was scum too, so yeah we've killed four

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Sleepy time here. No word from Keats :shrug: See y'all in the morning!

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Welp looks like I missed a part of my PM and I'm actually out of shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Illusionis posted:

Welp looks like I missed a part of my PM and I'm actually out of shots

oh. well then.

guess we have to be a proactive town today