Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Jarf posted:

Does anybody have any advice on managing UI mods btw? Is there a defacto mod?
I will inevitably gently caress my game via UI mods.
UIO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Inco posted:

I'm trying to get TTW to work following the step-project guide, but the version of FOMM explodes whenever I do just about anything. I've found other people who've had the same issue, but no fix for it.

Also, the mods that are in the step-project guide are the ones that are confirmed to work, yeah? Stuff that changes a lot of things that can gently caress with either game? Do mods like the quest mods, radio expanders, or poo poo like the glowsticks or flashlight break it?

You need FOMM ver. 0.14.11.12 or it'll bleed from the ears.

If it's a NV mod, you're likely pretty safe. If it's a FO3 mod, you'll have to look for a TTW version.

Your M may, of course, V.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
alternatively, mod organizer

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Yeah, I was looking at the guide and skimmed over the part where it said that you might need to do some learning to get the hang of Mod Organizer, and assumed I'd have to have some experience cleaning mods up. Then I read it again and noticed it's just 'experience using Mod Organizer', so now I'm using MO.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

So does there not exist a decent monster variation mod that just does palette swaps and size variation for FNV? Monster Mod just adds a bunch of random new monsters that I'm not a fan of. There's VVV but looks like it isn't very well done.

Anything that is slipping my googlefu?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

NickPancakes posted:

So does there not exist a decent monster variation mod that just does palette swaps and size variation for FNV? Monster Mod just adds a bunch of random new monsters that I'm not a fan of. There's VVV but looks like it isn't very well done.

Anything that is slipping my googlefu?

not really, but if you just want more stuff to shoot, try Increased Wasteland Spawns.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Jarf posted:

Yeah Darn UI.

What are you using that adds that grenade indicator? (And, I assume, a way to use grenades without switching away from the gun.)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
probably Project Nevada, it adds that feature. It's a little weird because of how the grenade hotkey has to work on the script end, but it's really nice to be able to fling a plasma grenade on demand.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

m2pt5 posted:

What are you using that adds that grenade indicator? (And, I assume, a way to use grenades without switching away from the gun.)

Project Nevada.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Did anyone ever make a mod that made The Kings use actual Elvis music?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gyshall posted:

How about one that makes them use The Red Elvises music?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Dunno, but I'd be on board with that if it was this Elvis.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Well this happened

The scenic night skies over Vegas, so serene:

Welcome to Jupiter, Veronica.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

How about one that makes them use The Red Elvises music?

If their music was public domain, I'd find a way to have their poo poo blast through freeside 24/7.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

m2pt5 posted:

It's a part of project nevada. It does provide that functionality but I don't actually use it cos xbox controller :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Winson_Paine posted:

Well this happened

The scenic night skies over Vegas, so serene:

Welcome to Jupiter, Veronica.

are you using Realistic Wasteland Lighting? That's happened to me when I was using that.

I turned it off when it made Freeside/North Vegas/et al blindingly white for some reason

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Never install lighting/weather(unless they don't subtract lighting) mods for video games because modders have really bizarre ideas of what playable lighting conditions are. There are very few mods that don't also make you install some kind of super high powered night vision mod just to compensate and allow you to actually SEE.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Speaking of which is there a mod that just removes the color filter and nothing else? Preferable compatible with TTW. I swear each one I find that looks promising screws with nights like that.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Zeron posted:

Never install lighting/weather(unless they don't subtract lighting) mods for video games because modders have really bizarre ideas of what playable lighting conditions are. There are very few mods that don't also make you install some kind of super high powered night vision mod just to compensate and allow you to actually SEE.

Maybe but Realistic Wasteland Lighting is good, the Enhanced version is much better.

Nevada skies and others have issues with Freeside Open/The Strip Open. Also if you're using LOOT, make sure to create a rule to make Realistic Wasteland Lighting load just before Bashed Patch, 0.esp.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

CFox posted:

Speaking of which is there a mod that just removes the color filter and nothing else? Preferable compatible with TTW. I swear each one I find that looks promising screws with nights like that.

Generally loving around with your ENB/SweetFX settings can do that also. Most recent and last playthrough represented. Note that ENB/SweetFX will display differently based on which wasteland you are in due to that very same color filter you mentioned.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

CFox posted:

Try Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhanced, the night time module is optional.

Alternatively, ENB can disable the color filter for either wasteland out of the box (use original post processing = false in the INI)

Speaking of ENB - has anyone had success with ENB/ENBboost and reShade together?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can I get a few more impressions for TTW? Fallout 3 keeps crashing on startup no matter what I do and it seems like my only option is TTW if I want to explore DC again.

I just want to know about general stability, any weirdness, major bugs, and if I'm going to be dealing with any problems when I throw more mods on top of it.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can I get a few more impressions for TTW? Fallout 3 keeps crashing on startup no matter what I do and it seems like my only option is TTW if I want to explore DC again.

I just want to know about general stability, any weirdness, major bugs, and if I'm going to be dealing with any problems when I throw more mods on top of it.

I found the version of TTW I played like 2 years ago to be more stable than even an unmodded install of FO3. My biggest complaint was the loading time to fire up the game, since it has to read through two games(with all DLCs) worth of BSA archives. Someone else can chime in if anything they've introduced since then ramped up the buggyness, but the only gripes I recall hearing lately were with the building used to travel between DC and the Mojave.

Just remember that any mods you throw on top of it will need to be for NV or specifically for TTW... random poo poo from the FO3 nexus might not work.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CFox posted:

I like using the Imaginator: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39619

It adds an apparel item that gives you a menu to add tints, contrast, saturation, etc. Just up the blue/cyan a few ticks and everything starts looking normal.
Also has a nice depth of field setting and some lighting options to choose from.

e. also plays nice with any other lighting mod I've used.

CATTASTIC fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 15, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

CFox posted:

I think Fellout just removes the filter, or there's a version of Fellout which just pulls the filter.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Psion posted:

I think Fellout just removes the filter, or there's a version of Fellout which just pulls the filter.

Fellout definitely has a version that just removes the filter. Personally, i find most lighting/weather mods to be okay, but can and will conflict with other poo poo extremely easily. As for it being dark, it kind of SHOULD be dark. People are used to having headlights or streetlights everywhere, such serious light pollution you can't see the stars. It's nice having the night be loving dark, it makes it feel like there aren't a lot of people or infrastructure or anything left. Nightvision or NVSE flashlight is recommended, or maybe not trying to go exploring every corner of the wasteland at midnight.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

Fellout definitely has a version that just removes the filter. Personally, i find most lighting/weather mods to be okay, but can and will conflict with other poo poo extremely easily. As for it being dark, it kind of SHOULD be dark. People are used to having headlights or streetlights everywhere, such serious light pollution you can't see the stars. It's nice having the night be loving dark, it makes it feel like there aren't a lot of people or infrastructure or anything left. Nightvision or NVSE flashlight is recommended, or maybe not trying to go exploring every corner of the wasteland at midnight.

because when i play video games, i want to sit and wait for about 30 seconds the second it turns 6 o'clock in-game

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
Speaking as someone who has been outside at night, it is in fact possible to see outside at night.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I feel that you're asking too much of the Nexus community.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Having grown up where light pollution isn't so much of a thing, no, the nights in most of the weather mods only make sense if there's heavy cloud cover on a moonless night.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Well, little did I know that the little bit of FNVEdit work I did for myself just a while ago would be so relevant to the argument at hand. I present to you FelloutNV: (slightly) Brighter Nights:

Not incredibly bright, and not nearly as bright as vanilla, but you can make your way around. I haven't had a terribly long time to test this, so please let me know if it breaks anything. All I did was A. Brighten a few of the night settings and B. Clean the mod, because Fellout contained a shitload of Identical to Master cell entries. Seriously, cleaning the mod removed about 60kb from the filesize.

Anyhow, grab it here.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Is there any way to disable just the slidey bits of the PN visor overlays? I like the overlay's themselves but the constant sliding around gets on my nerves.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Alouicious posted:

because when i play video games, i want to sit and wait for about 30 seconds the second it turns 6 o'clock in-game

wtf is wrong with your game that waiting eight hours takes thirty seconds

poo poo takes less time than the fuckin loadin screen

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:sigh:

I installed someone's list of recommended mods through the FMM, and now the game won't launch.

I can feel my life force leaving me again.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Modding 101:
Don't blindly install someone's list of recommended mods. Decide for yourself what you to add/remove/change in your game.
Unless you really know what you're doing, install mods one at the time and test if everything works in between. It will make it easier to track down the problem when something goes wrong.
Read the readme's and/or description pages of mods. No really. Do this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Raygereio posted:

Modding 101:
Don't blindly install someone's list of recommended mods. Decide for yourself what you to add/remove/change in your game.
Unless you really know what you're doing, install mods one at the time and test if everything works in between. It will make it easier to track down the problem when something goes wrong.

All right....

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Raygereio posted:

Modding 101:

Install the biggest and most sweeping first in most cases too. Adding a rifle or some stormtrooper armor is no big, but poo poo like Project Nevada and the texture packs are gonna crawl all over every fuckin thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

wtf is wrong with your game that waiting eight hours takes thirty seconds

poo poo takes less time than the fuckin loadin screen

okay ten seconds you loving worthless sperg, the point is making nights "realistically dark" is not actually fun or aides gameplay at all

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Alouicious posted:

okay ten seconds you loving worthless sperg, the point is making nights "realistically dark" is not actually fun or aides gameplay at all

You can turn on the night vision and everything is green, it is like you never stopped playing FO3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
So I've managed to get the game running basically perfectly with very little fuss, but I've got a little bit of an issue. I'm getting some weird poo poo with the water textures (and some other textures) in the game being visible over top of everything else.

Best guess I have is that it's ENB278 interfering with the Enhanced Shaders, the shaders having been written for 263. I can't seem to find 263, just 278. The other option is that it's ENB not playing nice with the 4GB binary. I followed the settings in the second OP, and double checked them, and they're all good. Any help?

edit: Either it's one of those two, or NMC is losing its poo poo.

edit 2: Also this happened when I looked up. Also from the entrance of Megaton, where the previous shot was taken.

edit: Found the problem. ENB doesn't play well with the game's own anti-aliasing, so I disabled it and the problem's gone.

Inco fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 16, 2015