Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kild posted:

Perhaps you should read the actual thing. Pakistan isn't on the list of dangerous countries.

pretty sure that if you're pakistani, you maybe don't take the risk of leaving the US rn, so he might not do Kyiv or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Kild posted:

Perhaps you should read the actual thing. Pakistan isn't on the list of dangerous countries.

Rebel forces loyal to trump took hostages from countries that weren't on the list.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
and the thread title is relevant again, yeehaw!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
why is troll warlord's new set's hair blonde instead of blue

do they just have a repository of wig models that they throw on heroes getting chinese sets

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Given the odds that KeyArena may be redeveloped this year, all these colliding events may be what pushes 'em over the border to Vancouver.

And before you say "no loving way they move because two guys" the current impasse sunsets in three months and then who knows. They may add more restrictions.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 31, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Given the odds that KeyArena may be redeveloped this year, all these colliding events may be what pushes 'em over the border to Vancouver.

And before you say "no loving way they move because two guys" the current impasse sunsets in three months and then who knows. They may add more restrictions.

It's not getting any redevelopment until next year at the earliest.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i also imagine they would just go to one of the many other venues in the seattle/bellevue area

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Wont they have to book the venue in the next 2-3 months anyway? If not sooner

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Tweak posted:

i also imagine they would just go to one of the many other venues in the seattle/bellevue area

There isn't anything really KeyArena sized that is indoors around here except maybe Xfinity Arena in Everett. Showare is tiny and the other stadiums in Seattle are tiny except maybe Hec Ed.

I dunno if Rogers Arena in Vancouver would be willing to melt their ice and cancel a week of Canucks preseason just for DOTA.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

The CenturyLink event center once hosted some e-sports event a few years ago

edit: huh I guess I underestimated the size of Key Arena and over estimated the size of those podunk arenas in Everett & Kent. Guess that's why we need to start that SODO Basketball/Hockey arena!

Tweak fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 31, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Isn't the ban only for like 90 days? Technically it would expire before TI.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Tweak posted:

The CenturyLink event center once hosted some e-sports event a few years ago

Yeah, WaMu hosted the HotS College Championships last year. Not quite the same thing, and also SoDo is garbo compared to Seattle Center.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I'd be interested to see how a large swath of nerds handles SODO, however

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Zurreco posted:

There isn't anything really KeyArena sized that is indoors around here except maybe Xfinity Arena in Everett. Showare is tiny and the other stadiums in Seattle are tiny except maybe Hec Ed.

I dunno if Rogers Arena in Vancouver would be willing to melt their ice and cancel a week of Canucks preseason just for DOTA.
Hold it in the Seahawks' stadium. Surely it won't rain that week in Seattle. :getin:

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

IcePhoenix posted:

lol

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

IcePhoenix posted:

This is cute.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

Unless the administration likes it, in which case they could expand it to be longer or include a larger swathe of people.

Kilano
Feb 25, 2006
If Pakistan get's added it's going to make things awkward for #MAGA Arteezy and Sumail

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

Unless the administration likes it, in which case they could expand it to be longer or include a larger swathe of people.

So then...yes? Obviously they might expand it but that wasn't the question.

Incoherence posted:

Hold it in the Seahawks' stadium. Surely it won't rain that week in Seattle. :getin:

Seattle is super nice in the summer, there's a pretty good chance it won't.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
when will president trump ban china?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

So then...yes? Obviously they might expand it but that wasn't the question.

The point is that Valve really shouldn't assume that the ban will only last the original 90 days when deciding on a venue for this event.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

It would probably make it more difficult for them to fully staff the event with Valve employees as well if it was in another country (as close as Vancouver is).

edit: I guess also any employee with a green card to a no-no country wouldn't risk leaving the US for it, either.

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

Sumail can marry Universe and w33 can marry Sunsfan. Kuro is out of luck though :(

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

jeef posted:

Sumail can marry Universe and w33 can marry Sunsfan. Kuro is out of luck though :(

Funny enough, that still wouldn't get around the ban.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Maybe NADota can get Trump to ban Chinese sports visas so NA will get less embarrassed at TI

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
When was the last time EU won a ti? 🤔🤔🤔

NEVER

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Drunk Canuck posted:

Maybe NADota can get Trump to ban Chinese sports visas so NA will get less embarrassed at TI

What? NA won TI5 and got 2nd and 3rd at TI6.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

NEVER

TI3...

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
No need to ban China though it's an odd numbered year folks.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

NEVER

Craptacular makes better posts

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Is it out of style to bring up the wave of third-dipping eu teams that got lolled out of na tryouts

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Taffer posted:

Craptacular makes better posts

whoa lets nbot say things we cant take back

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Kilano posted:

If Pakistan get's added it's going to make things awkward for #MAGA Arteezy and Sumail

Or Jordan for Miracle- if Liquid ever qualifies for anything again

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

Or Jordan for Miracle- if Liquid ever qualifies for anything again

Liquid has Kuro (Iran) Miracle (Jordan) and GH (Lebanon) who can be in trouble.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

So is Gabe the good kind of fat white billionaire, or the bad kind?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
the west coast kind

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

(so the good kind)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
to be fair

alliance sucks

got some chores tonight posted:

the west coast kind

the knife kind

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Kild posted:

What? NA won TI5 and got 2nd and 3rd at TI6.

Wow yeah NA dota lost on the big stage, that was pretty good last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm never going to forget the look on Fly's face when TNC last picked Huskar (the most obvious Huskar pick in the world) and then they proceeded to lose. Goddamn it was amazing

• Locked thread