Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't think anyone on the show is motivated enough or enough of a nerd themselves to pull out some of the references Mick made last time he was on. He kept randomly bringing up Damien Wayne, which is a really loving weird and specific thing for someone to include if it was made up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Did someone mention that they thought the Mick interview was scripted? I know people who sound exactly like this dude, so if it is scripted, it's drat well done.

EDIT: Not sure if it was here or Reddit.

I could see that, then again the weird verbal tics he has seem pretty genuine. He sorta skips ahead to a sound from the next word and then rewinds.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

This is lovely. Long live Tradio.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

This amazing. I never knew what happened to people like this after high school.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

This amazing. I never knew what happened to people like this after high school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ5iwGApwLM

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Also his voice is how I picture everyone on this forum when they go into detail about like game of thrones, anything involving an -ism or basically any forum in here dedicated to a specific topic.

I need more Mick the Nerd

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Also his voice is how I picture everyone on this forum when they go into detail about like game of thrones, anything involving an -ism or basically any forum in here dedicated to a specific topic.

I need more Mick the Nerd

I'm REALLY hoping that Howard extends for at least another year or two.

EDIT: Really can't get enough of Jeff vs ETM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHEy2XwJ4Uo

JEFF (with regards to ETM's reasoning for not taking gay roles is because of 'the fans'): "It shouldn't preclude you from becoming a thespian... your lack of eloquence."

Sucks that Jeff is boring now.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 10, 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'd never seen a profile of the little monster before. He wasn't just going grey, he was losing his hair entirely.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone got fav interviews to post? I love when vincent gallo was in. The guy has a persona that really lends well to being interviewed by Howard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYgllrSDl5I

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Yoshimickster

Asspie Mick only tweets in Haikus. GIVE ME MORE ASSPIE MICK!!!

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Spergy right down to the tweeting style :spergin:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Mickee Robinson ‏@Yoshimickster 20 Dec 2012

Charlie horse this morn,
hurt like a motherfucker.
It is the season.

Mickee Robinson ‏@Yoshimickster Aug 12

Bee landed on hand,
it sat there for a small spell.
It was quite scary.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Already taken down my Sirius XM.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Mick the Nerd is great, but Howard's Bruce Jenner musical was transcendent.

"Wwwwwhhhhyyyyyyyyy do I still have my penis, do dah dee dah do do dah."

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

This was pretty good. Reminded me of when he was doing Spider-Man the musical every day

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Irish Joe posted:

When Howard does that stuff it's amazing. It's when I remember why I pay for sirius still.

Also the Sal "MY COCK IS GONE!" drops have had me rolling for a while.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytz-MsRORW8

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Viper_3000 posted:

When Howard does that stuff it's amazing. It's when I remember why I pay for sirius still.

Also the Sal "MY COCK IS GONE!" drops have had me rolling for a while.

I love the mash up of Sal's MY COCK IS GONE with the song "Bang a Gong (Get It On)"' by T. Rex. I wish they'd put that on Itunes haha

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Artie's Ed Tourian impression. That is all.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Artie as Ed Tourian: Have you ever called anyone a friend of the family

Al Roker: ....

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Did Robin ever catch poo poo for making fun of Ronnie and Scott for going to racing school?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDhEYc1TrIs

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This has to be the hardest I've ever heard Robin laugh, whoa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQXVExnNHEY

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The best Robin laugh is definitely this one. She legit pisses Howard off with it, it's some phenomenal stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2LjyQiJsUA

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

The best Robin laugh is definitely this one. She legit pisses Howard off with it, it's some phenomenal stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2LjyQiJsUA

That IS great, since it pisses Howard off, but I think she's laughing way harder at ETM in the other clip. Like she just can't stop, it's crazy.

EDIT: And my favourite clip of Artie losing it (second best would be the Mike Walker fart)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJNc4DT3tZ0

EDIT 2: better clip

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 12, 2015

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I was listening to the jada pinkett smith interview and Robin told her a story about how she was hanging out with some guys and they all saw Magic Mike and loved it. She mentioned Jimmy Kimmel and some others. I'm pretty sure she told this same story to someone from Pitch Perfect a few weeks ago too... can anyone back me up?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mick the Nerd is great and they really should replace Hanzi with him.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Mick the Nerd is great and they really should replace Hanzi with him.

The frightening thing is that I 100% agree with a bunch of his spergy opinions. :neckbeard:

Not all of them, though.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Squashy Nipples posted:

The frightening thing is that I 100% agree with a bunch of his spergy opinions. :neckbeard:

I definitely shared a lot of his opinions when I was his age. Like, I totally would've been the guy to power through all ten billion episodes of the original Doctor Who before watching the remake, and would've waited until the book series was complete before watching Game of Thrones.

(thankfully I grew the gently caress out of it)

Vakal
May 11, 2008
In some ways I find Mick more upsetting to listen to than human trainwrecks like Bigfoot and High-pitch since I'm a big enough nerd that I could totally see sinking to that level of disconnection from reality.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

See, I find him almost too normal to be wack pack. Like yeah, he's a big loving weirdo, but he's also got aspergers and I've known people with that poo poo in real life who are weirder than he is. He's the type of guy that seems to me like if he got put on some basic medications, went to a guy to help with his voice, and just stopped trying to hit on women and instead just talk to them like a normal person, would be considered quirky at best. He seems to know enough about gardening just from his few "gardening tip" segments that he could probably even hold down a real job as a gardener. I can't say the same thing about someone like Hanzi or Bigfoot. Even when they were talking about the conspiracy theory stuff with Mick it sounded less like he was going "yes, I believe in the reptillians" and more "life is kind of boring, so on some level I think that would be cool because it would be exciting." I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in addition to the aspergers, or as a symptom of it even, he had some kind of social anxiety that causes him to freeze up and do his stuttering thing when he gets nervous. He's like, right next door to being a normal, if eccentric and nerdy, dude.

And also unlike most of the wack packers he seems to be a genuinely really nice and sincere guy who's, at least at this point, not just trying to get free poo poo while calling in and acting like an rear end in a top hat.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This rose is a symbol of the fact that it symbolizes that my heart is pure like the gold on the rose.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I was sleepy when I wrote the message.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I just had a total "I can't get out of the car moment" like I used to have all the time when I was a regular listener.

I honestly completely forgot the results and order of the IQ test contest ETM was in. I truly could not remember if he was last or not and I sat in the parking lot for 10 minutes while Howard slowrolled the answer for the loser Bobo with an 87 what a moron - Although I should have known he was last when he said he had gel in his toupee

I was loving dying with excitement.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I still to this day will not understand why he re-signed for another 5 years in 2010. Harrible.

Can anyone point out some funny stuff that came out of the past 5 that is close to the gold of the terrestrial/Artie on Sirius era?
Off the top of my head (and mind you, I stopped listening in 2011):

* Ronnie's sex tips
* KC and Darlene the tranny
* Sour Shoes sitting in/blowing a load in his pants
* ETM's "ten commandments"

What's yours? This includes interviews as well.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kylej posted:

This rose is a symbol of the fact that it symbolizes that my heart is pure like the gold on the rose.

The whole Kendra saga was amazing. I really hope something terrible happens to Kendra, what kind of person leads a disabled virgin midget?

I wonder if any copies of Douggie the loving Puggie were ever printed.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

"Are you Eric's girlfriend?"

"I am a GIIIIIIIIRL, and I'm his FRIEND. I am his GIRL-FRIEND."

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuck you. I really wish Howard had jumped on that bullshit. Thats some middle school rear end bullshit.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

GenoCanSing posted:

"Are you Eric's girlfriend?"

"I am a GIIIIIIIIRL, and I'm his FRIEND. I am his GIRL-FRIEND."

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuck you. I really wish Howard had jumped on that bullshit. Thats some middle school rear end bullshit.

Is it really so much to try and get a real loving job somewhere rather than manipulate a midget so you can get another couple of guys to watch you flash your tits on a website? gently caress.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Don't forget she showed up at one of Artie's gigs. She was angling to try to get famous somehow, and it was all Johnny's idea. There is basically a 99% chance she was just some skank Johnny Jr. was banging, and they floated this idea to her.

Johnny is the shittiest friend ever.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Johnny and Howard were the only people who ever did him right but you can't expect infinite charity. Howard got good radio and Johnny got plugs. In exchange Eric got famous, got laid, acted, met his heroes, and in all likelihood had a vastly superior end to his life than anything he could have dreamed of without those two getting involved.

Johnny gets annoying but he was much more of a net positive in Eric's life than anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, it's kind of weird to think of the fact that, had he not called in upset over Howard's comments towards Kelly Clarkson, Eric would just be some nobody, instead of being the famous angry nobody that we all know.