Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Remember that CDPR is not involved with the Witcher show so what you've come to know and love as far as character and monster designs will be thrown out the window.

I thought I read that the dude who directed the intro cutscenes for the games is involved, or directing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

All of them

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Arms starts in 2 1/2 hours?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Nephzinho posted:

4 1/2

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Nephzinho posted:

+2 more hours (8 EST)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

One day I will learn time zones. Today is not that day.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I literally won't be able to play a single loving hour of the test fire, gently caress everything

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

chaleski posted:

I literally won't be able to play a single loving hour of the test fire, gently caress everything

A Farewell to ARMS then? :downsrim:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Rexroom posted:

A friendly reminder of this weekend's exhibition of ARMS.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Meridian posted:

I thought I read that the dude who directed the intro cutscenes for the games is involved, or directing.

Tomek Baginski, he did all the intro cinematics. He was never part of CDPR however. My statement still stands.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mario Kart's stunlock based gameplay is starting to sour on me again. How's Fast Racing RMX?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Mario Kart's stunlock based gameplay is starting to sour on me again. How's Fast Racing RMX?

Rubber Banding: The Game

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Are You Ready? Now Let's Take Up

AAARRRRMMMMMSSSSS!

In about three hours.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's okay and a fantastic looking game but it doesn't hold my interest nearly as long as a real F-Zero. I'm not a huge fan of the color mechanic in particular.

I hope the Arms beta lets you use traditional controls since I won't be near a TV for any of the time slots.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
So is Puyo Puyo Tetris as cool and charming as it looks?

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's okay and a fantastic looking game but it doesn't hold my interest nearly as long as a real F-Zero. I'm not a huge fan of the color mechanic in particular.

There have been a bunch of futuristic, super fast, anti-grav racing games recently and a number are all decent but all lack something special that Wipeout and F-Zero have.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I bought sf2 but ima return it. It's bad

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Yodzilla posted:

So is Puyo Puyo Tetris as cool and charming as it looks?

yes

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

yes

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Imagined posted:

Rubber Banding: The Game

:barf:

Assisting other humans, I can understand, but gently caress letting the AI do it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm pretty sure they are complaining about getting stunlocked by shells and poo poo online, not the rubberbanding.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

tap my mountain posted:

I'm pretty sure they are complaining about getting stunlocked by shells and poo poo online, not the rubberbanding.

drat they added shells to Fast RMX now?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Oh man I thought I missed the arms demo. I'm gonna be good and drunk for it though

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

:barf:

Assisting other humans, I can understand, but gently caress letting the AI do it.

People in this thread were saying that the AI can go faster than world record human times.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

Yeah. Shells, boomerangs, bananas, bombs, lightning... Mario Kart's weapons basically have one trick, to stop you. And after awhile, having your momentum constantly shut down gets old.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah. Shells, boomerangs, bananas, bombs, lightning... Mario Kart's weapons basically have one trick, to stop you. And after awhile, having your momentum constantly shut down gets old.

Well there's also mushrooms, ghosts, stars, and bullet bills, designed to make you go fast or protect you. And the main use of a green shell or banana is as a shield.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Imagined posted:

People in this thread were saying that the AI can go faster than world record human times.

That's why I hated the campaign in the NFS Underground games; didn't matter what you did, the AI was always faster when it wanted to be.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

How come? I was planning to get it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well there's also mushrooms, ghosts, stars, and bullet bills, designed to make you go fast or protect you. And the main use of a green shell or banana is as a shield.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mario Kart, but there's a point where I can't stand the drive-get stopped-drive-get stopped-drive-get stopped rhythm anymore.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

That's why I hated the campaign in the NFS Underground games; didn't matter what you did, the AI was always faster when it wanted to be.

It was fun for 2 player split screen shenanigans before MK8 was released. Now it has no purpose.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That golf game looks legit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Imagined posted:

Yes but enough about the Mario Kart AI.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Gang, I should get home in time to play maybe 20 minutes of ARMS unless traffic is bad. Pray for me. Namaste.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lol if you don't spend your whole time in Mario kart so far in first that you only fear blue shells

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Frankston posted:

How come? I was planning to get it.

Its actually fine, just $15 fine not $loving 40 fine

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Like a lot of games, it has a lot of obtuse systems that you can gently caress around with if you want to min/max, but you can easily play the game and never really worry about it. That'd be like saying Pokemon is obtuse because the systems behind it are bizarre and EV/IV perfect breeding is a bizarre hellhole.

I would argue that Monster Hunter is not very good at introducing you to those systems and emphasizing what you need to pay attention to as a normie vs someone who is going to minmax the endgame.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's $60AUD ($45USD) in Australia :laffo:

Like I'd def grab it on the cheap during a sale, but jesus gently caress guys it's just SF2.
Just grab the SNES ROM for it and go nuts.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If you really want to go that route, then you can go download FightCade and a MAME ROM of arguably the best version of SF2 (Super Turbo) and play it online for free. I can just plug in my TE2 stick and play it with no problems!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This is the second or perhaps third time Whatley bought a game without being sure he wanted it and said he wants to return it afterward while complaining about price.

See you next week for the same series of posts

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

More money and effort was spent on the Ryu in Smash Bros. DLC than was put into this title.

Sakurai even called Shimomura up and said "HEY! We need a remix of Ryu's theme." and she was on that poo poo.

Jesus Christ, you might be right.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I bought Disgaea 5 because I'm a disgusting human. I'm guessing I should not use all the bonus content (at least at the start) because the characters are overpowered as gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ciaphas posted:

I haven't tried or likely will ever try tabletop mode. Used to prefer handheld, but then once someone in here informed me the headphone jack still works while docked I plugged the dock into my monitor and have mostly played that way with the grip controller

I use a cheap HDMI-to-VGA+analog audio adapter because my TV had run out of HDMI ports, it works quite well

• Locked thread