Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like Melisandre a lot.
Her actress is not a natural red head though so it doesn't really work in regards to the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Contra Calculus posted:

Oh hey, wait! What do people think of Melissandre? This is important for my 'GURM-readers and HBO show-watchers hate ginger women for some reason' theory since she is literally the reddest head.

She's clearly a dye job and not even a very gingery dye job. My wife had that color once and it was called redwood or maroon or something. In the last episode in the darkness of the cave it was essentially not red at all.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Contra Calculus posted:

Oh hey, wait! What do people think of Melissandre? This is important for my 'GURM-readers and HBO show-watchers hate ginger women for some reason' theory since she is literally the reddest head.

All the wigs on the show are so bad that nobody actually believes she is a real redhead, so they don't hate her like the trueborn gingers.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

rypakal posted:

The best thing about our degenerate subhuman mongrel DNA is that it could be in you right now, lurking, waiting for its chance.

How dare you say such a hurtful thing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
She posts the weirdest poo poo on Vine.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

How dare you say such a hurtful thing.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Ginger R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

God, you have no idea how much I wish all gingers were left beneath the ocean in a dead city, dead and dreaming for eternity.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

God, you have no idea how much I wish all gingers were left beneath the ocean in a dead city, dead and dreaming for eternity.

Except Christina Hendricks, I hope?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

I always wonder how many non-redhead wives used to get murdered when they popped out a ginger with their non-redhead husbands. loving subversive genes. They creep.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phew, I'm not a ginger*! :woop:

*Very fake, very bright red, anyone was confused

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I once dyed my hair red. The bottle said "fire engine red", but it just made me look like a Weasley, with that oily pasta sauce orange tint to it. :smith:

I'm just too goddamn blond.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Joramun posted:

Except Christina Hendricks, I hope?

She's classified as a type III personal floatation device so that hardly seems feasible.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Joramun posted:

Every GoT viewer will still be weeping buckets over the RW episode, not because of Robb or Catelyn dying, but because of Grey Wind. It'll be like Marley & Me and nobody will be able to keep their cheeks dry.

Yep.

The direwolves to me are the best damned statement about classism in the series. Particularly so in the TV show. When Lady is killed, everybody is super bummed. But does anyone actually give a poo poo about Micah? I certainly didn't.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

Yep.

The direwolves to me are the best damned statement about classism in the series. Particularly so in the TV show. When Lady is killed, everybody is super bummed. But does anyone actually give a poo poo about Micah? I certainly didn't.

Mycah was a fat ginger. Case closed.

e. also I guess arya gave a poo poo idk

Trabandiumium fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 10, 2013

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

^ Arya's too young to know better.

The Hound really is the best wish fulfillment character. He kills the redhead kid, tells Joffrey to gently caress off, and just fucks everyone up in general. He also creeps on little girls, too, for the Gurmier segment of the audience.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
NPR this morning said that one of the fastest trending names for newborns is Arya. That seems extremely risky considering there are at least 2 gigantic books to go from the author of the loving pear shaped man.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

My newborns are named after these books as well: Nuncle and Barristan-Myrcella. They're twins, but not of the incestuous kind. (Yet. They're only babes, so who knows what the future will bring.)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

NPR this morning said that one of the fastest trending names for newborns is Arya. That seems extremely risky considering there are at least 2 gigantic books to go from the author of the loving pear shaped man.

She'll be running the best little whorehouse in Braavos by the time she's 14. :ohdear:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Arya seems to me like the name a white supremacist would give to his daughter.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Joramun posted:

Wait, so Rarity is:

• a lesbian
  • a redhead
  • computer and internet savvy
  • jolly and complaisant, with the occasional streak of power-hungry megalomania

Willow Rosenberg account spotted.
I thought Rarity was a dude.
I don't know nothin' no mores. :smith:

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

El Hefe posted:

Arya seems to me like the name a white supremacist would give to his daughter.

Arya N. Stark

Stark... stark white.. aryan.. :tinfoil:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Ofc. Sex Robot BPD posted:

I thought Rarity was a dude.
I don't know nothin' no mores. :smith:

I can't stop laughing at poor Rarity's curse.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Wait, there are actual women willingly reading this thread?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Contra Calculus posted:

There was a distinctly feminine voice reading a Game of Bones excerpt but it was pretty clear she'd been drugged.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

whowhatwhere posted:

I can't stop laughing at poor Rarity's curse.

How many times do I have to compare myself to Daenerys for people to get it?! :argh:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

You know, if I had to name a child after any character from a fantasy novel, I think it'd be something which could pass as a normal name. Like when people name their son Samwise. "Sam" is pretty normal, no one ever has to know you're named after the fat, stupid hobbit. Even Stannis works, because it can be shortened to Stan!

I would probably go with Hari, however.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Contra Calculus posted:

The preferred nomenclature is goonettes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

You know, if I had to name a child after any character from a fantasy novel, I think it'd be something which could pass as a normal name. Like when people name their son Samwise. "Sam" is pretty normal, no one ever has to know you're named after the fat, stupid hobbit. Even Stannis works, because it can be shortened to Stan!

I would probably go with Hari, however.

Arya is actually a name people use in real life sometimes (and a pretty nice one actually) so it's not as crazy as if it was Sansa

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

"Aria" is fine, it's a type of music. "Arya" just says "I like Game of Thrones!" in a much less pathetic way than "Danaerys"

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Rarity posted:

How many times do I have to compare myself to Daenerys for people to get it?! :argh:

Wait, so the TVIV thread is Essos in this analogy? No wonder I never go there.

I guess that makes DMP King Robert Baratheon and me Mad King Aerys.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 10, 2013

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

There's like 4, they're probably all total freaks.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

IRQ posted:

Meanwhile, all of us guys here are all super normal and genteel. It's an odd dichotomy.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
My children are named Madoka, Haruhi, and Simon the Driller

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's going to be funny when Arya ends up assassinating whoever ends up being the main 'heroes' of the series, dooming everyone to wintry death. I mean, what did you expect from a loving assassin? Besides, it would add some fun irony.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

IRQ posted:

Probably.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Maybe they're zoologists come to study us in our natural environment.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Goreld posted:

It's going to be funny when Arya ends up assassinating whoever ends up being the main 'heroes' of the series, dooming everyone to wintry death. I mean, what did you expect from a loving assassin? Besides, it would add some fun irony.

But the Gurm enjoys deconstructing tropes, so maybe she ends up not assassinating anything at all?

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Joramun posted:

My newborns are named after these books as well: Nuncle and Barristan-Myrcella. They're twins, but not of the incestuous kind. (Yet. They're only babes, so who knows what the future will bring.)

Is Barristan-Myrcella a girl or a boy?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

bigmcgaffney posted:

My children are named Madoka, Haruhi, and Simon the Driller

I hope you pronounce Simon in the correct Japanese way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

Maybe they're zoologists come to study us in our natural environment.

Scintillating Depravity: The mating and breeding habits of a prime specimen A GLISTENING HODOR in captivity. An empirical study by Rarity H. Jones, Ph.D., forthcoming in Nature.

General Bort posted:

Is Barristan-Myrcella a girl or a boy?

It's both and neither at the same time.