Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Lakitu7 posted:

Sorry, I meant to say 2 has a bigger discount. 1 isn't part of the daily-- just the regular autumn sale.

From everything I've read 2 is a huge dissapointment. I bet 1 won't be a daily since 2 is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zackarotto posted:

The Payday 2 DLC that came out like half a month ago is 75% off with all the others. It and the Hotline Miami DLC were excluded from the last 75% off sale. I wonder if it's a mistake.

They were 65% off yesterday, so I'm guessing it's intended.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

triplexpac posted:

FYI two Pinball FX tables are randomly on sale for roughly $1: Plants vs Zombies and Captain America

Are either of them good?
Captain America is really good, one of my favorite tables. Plants vs Zombies is on the goofy side and it's ok but nothing really special.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Palpek posted:

Captain America is really good, one of my favorite tables. Plants vs Zombies is on the goofy side and it's ok but nothing really special.

Thanks! I'll grab Cap for sure then.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Are the Nazi Zombie Army games any good? And should I go with 1 or 2?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Haha a furry adventure game from 1994 released when there weren't any furries yet: http://store.steampowered.com/app/257260/

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Wolfenstein is a very good game but I was actually really turned off by the fairly grim storyline. I'm usually fine with dark poo poo but it all felt a bit too real for me. Personal taste though.

Don't buy Kingdoms of Amalur. It's a MMO singleplayer game and you can occasionally get glitched to hell and have no enemies attack you ever for the rest of the game. It sucks, don't buy it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Might want to check this out first
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

triplexpac posted:

Wow, you missed it by a minute. Humble Weekly just went up, it's Pinball FX2: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
BTA is worth it, at $6 you get like 14 pinball tables.

;efb

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Palpek posted:

Haha a furry adventure game from 1994 released when there weren't any furries yet: http://store.steampowered.com/app/257260/

Much like Thundercats, a bold vision of a near future of "furries".

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Holy drat, people should get on this.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So is evil Within actually as bad as people are saying? Seems weird to have such a huge discount only a couple months after release.

Evil Within isn't bad, it just doesn't really know what it wants to be. It flips randomly between Siren style stealth to gore gore fest to crazy shootouts to Silent Hill style world corruption. The problem is that, unlike Resident Evil 4 that did the same, Evil Within plays everything straight. As a result, without that touch of camp things feel just mis-matched. It's a hodgepodge of good horror ideas all thrown together without a lot of thought put in to a cohesive vision. I finished it and I think it would be worth playing through, but it's about the same amount of disappointment to me as Resident Evil 5 was after RE4.

Lakitu7 posted:

Am I wrong or was the goon consensus that Lords of Shadow 1 is way better than 2? Somehow 1 isn't included in the daily and is actually more expensive. Mirror of Fate looks interesting but is it pointless to play if you haven't played either of the games it's in-between?

Lords of Shadow 1 is quite good and one of the prettiest games of that console generation. Lords of Shadow 2 is fairly bad, and Mirror of Fate is supposedly terrible.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Terminally Bored posted:

Wow, you missed it by a minute. Humble Weekly just went up, it's Pinball FX2: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
BTA is worth it, at $6 you get like 14 pinball tables.

;efb

Yeah my loving luck haha. Ah well I grabbed the bundle, a great deal for sure!

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Yeah my loving luck haha. Ah well I grabbed the bundle, a great deal for sure!

Then again the table was already discounted and you can gift the spare one to someone. Add me on Steam, btw. Let's compare scores.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zbychomowca/

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Palpek posted:

I heard this was a decent point and click actually.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I've been eying the Guardians of the Galaxy table for a little while. Is that any good?

Also, my mind can't process steam sale pages as well as it used to. It feels like everything's getting customized for me and I just want to know, "What are the good deals, dammit!" I think I'm just getting old.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

odiv posted:

I've been eying the Guardians of the Galaxy table for a little while. Is that any good?

It's pretty fun. Similar to Captain America in its design. A bit busy but that's an issue with all Zen tables, really.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

odiv posted:

Also, my mind can't process steam sale pages as well as it used to. It feels like everything's getting customized for me and I just want to know, "What are the good deals, dammit!" I think I'm just getting old.
Nah, the new Steam UI is just bad and definitely not made for sales.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

odiv posted:

https://steamdb.info/sales/

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

CommissarMega posted:

Not yet, having too much fun driving the xeno scum off Armageddon (VON STRAAAHD :argh:).

...can I give myself a Titan to start with? Because I want a Titan. I'll play every mission on my lonesome if I have to, so long as I can do it in a Titan.

You can place Titans (3 different kinds) in the editor -- I got as far as that last night -- popping some titans and Shoota Boyz on a map. But I didn't play the scenario, although I'm guessing you can play the titan if you can place it. I'm going to investigate further tonight.

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

I had some fun with Kingdoms of Amalur, at least! The combat feels great - it's sort of skill-based, very varied and really flashy, the environments are vibrant, and the game overall feels really solid and polished. Eventually I got bored of the quests and stopped playing, but I still played 15 hours of it and might get back into it just for the gameplay. I'd say it's definitely worth 5€.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Terminally Bored posted:

Then again the table was already discounted and you can gift the spare one to someone. Add me on Steam, btw. Let's compare scores.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zbychomowca/

Looks like we're already friends! I posted my profile once and got tons of requests so it's hard to keep track.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kajek1017

I needs friends to see how lovely I am at pinball, or all games really.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Floridiot posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kajek1017

I needs friends to see how lovely I am at pinball, or all games really.

Get in this group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pingoons

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Not gonna lie, kinda disappointed at the new Steam gifting rules. I'd like to buy a copy of Civ: BE for a friend and gift it to him on actual Christmas, but the 30-day wait means I'd have to wait until Christmas is over. :/

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Pirate Jet posted:

Not gonna lie, kinda disappointed at the new Steam gifting rules. I'd like to buy a copy of Civ: BE for a friend and gift it to him on actual Christmas, but the 30-day wait means I'd have to wait until Christmas is over. :/
You CAN gift it to him. You just can't do it via the trading window for a month. You can still just select it in your inventory and send as a gift.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

The 30 day wait is for TRADING games in the inventory.

You can gift whenever.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kulkasha posted:

Anybody like Endless Space? Thinking about getting it now that it's :10bux:

Do you like 4X or civ5? If yes to both deffo get it now or cheaper. I got about 25 hours of fun out of it and in not super big into either.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I have Zen Pinball on my iPad and love it. Is it THAT much better on the PC?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

I have Zen Pinball on my iPad and love it. Is it THAT much better on the PC?

Nudging is way better on gamepad and all the textures are hires. That's about it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Palpek posted:

You CAN gift it to him. You just can't do it via the trading window for a month. You can still just select it in your inventory and send as a gift.

...Oh.

gently caress me sideways, then.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
So I'm going to get Mordor now that it's on as a daily. How's the DLC for it? I'm debating grabbing the season pass as well.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I played Skyrim on the 360 and have been wanting to get back into it now that I have a gaming PC despite being a pretty casual gamer. Is 40% off pretty much the best at can expect?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

TraderStav posted:

I played Skyrim on the 360 and have been wanting to get back into it now that I have a gaming PC despite being a pretty casual gamer. Is 40% off pretty much the best at can expect?

Skryim has a 115% chance of being a daily sale.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

kazil posted:

Skryim has a 115% chance of being a daily sale.

Is this not one though? This sale is confusing me with the layout.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
I held off on Wasteland 2 in hopes of a price cut and now it's $30 but I want to see if it goes down even more. Ughhhhhhh waiting for the last day of the sale is going to suck

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

TraderStav posted:

It's four dollars at GMG. Not really sure you can get it cheaper than that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

TraderStav posted:

No it is not a daily.

https://steamdb.info/sales/ is really helpful for people struggling with the new layout.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

TraderStav posted:

If it's one of the tiles on the main page it's a daily deal. You can also go to the store page for the game and it will tell you whether it's a daily deal or just part of the autumn sale by the add to cart button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Palpek posted:

Haha a furry adventure game from 1994 released when there weren't any furries yet
if only that was true

• Locked thread