Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Some Numbers posted:

To be fair, if Pattern Analysis is what we think it is, that's pretty insane.

That's the defensive Weapons Guidance isn't it?

I'm 99% sure it is that, and it's very solid, but still only affects 3 loving ships, one of which already has a good use for the slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thespaceinvader posted:

That's the defensive Weapons Guidance isn't it?

I'm 99% sure it is that, and it's very solid, but still only affects 3 loving ships, one of which already has a good use for the slot.

No, it's the one that people suspect will be "when executing a red maneuver, receive your stress token after the Perform Action step."

Tech upgrade.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Some Numbers posted:

To be fair, if Pattern Analysis is what we think it is, that's pretty insane.

What is that

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
T-65s still gettin' the shaft. :smith:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

No, it's the one that people suspect will be "when executing a red maneuver, receive your stress token after the Perform Action step."

Tech upgrade.

Sensor Cluster is the defensive weapons guidance?

Pattern Analysis does seem like it's going to be very useful if that is what it is, but again, tech slot. Only 3 ships, one of which already has Comm Relay.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Pattern Analysis plus Targeting Astromech has the potential to be hilarious with T-70s but not useful with almost everything else.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

Sensor Cluster is the defensive weapons guidance?

Pattern Analysis does seem like it's going to be very useful if that is what it is, but again, tech slot. Only 3 ships, one of which already has Comm Relay.

It will basically turn any T-70 into a pseudo-Ello Atsy.

Though FOs pulling S-Loops and taking stress later could also be good.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, Ello will loving hate that upgrade just because it makes him close to pointless.

And yeah, /fos might get some utility, but I suspect Comm Relay is still going to be more useful for the action economy overall.

/fos do have ludicrous dials though, so they could get some crazy unpredictability.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ello's still better, since he doesn't take stress from T-Rolls at all, but yeah, it seriously downgrades his pilot ability.

I still like Juke/Comm Relay on /fos, but maybe the /sfs will have some use for stressing after actions. Assuming they have Sloops.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Ello's still better, since he doesn't take stress from T-Rolls at all, but yeah, it seriously downgrades his pilot ability.

I still like Juke/Comm Relay on /fos, but maybe the /sfs will have some use for stressing after actions. Assuming they have Sloops.

I'm assuming they will have some reds and probably fairly lovely greens so this might well be useful.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate posted:

Predator and Tail Gunner vs Dengar and....PtL? I dunno, I think it's got a place. What does Kath run as an EPT normally?

[url]https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!117:27,-1,-1,178,-1,108:-1:3:;116:170,-1,24,173,17,128:1:25:U.126&sn=Boba%2BKath[/url]

That's the firespray list I'm running right now.

It gets around Kath's relative fragility with a combination of Engine and Intertial Dampeners at PS9. Can't shoot what's not in arc, right?

Still, like any Firespray, she melts to focus fire. Firesprays don't have the health to survive big attacks and don't have the dial or actions to avoid them. I really wish the Firespray had the mobility of the Aggressor.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

PS: The Gate we still need to play our league game. Come at me bro!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ConfusedUs posted:

[url]https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!117:27,-1,-1,178,-1,108:-1:3:;116:170,-1,24,173,17,128:1:25:U.126&sn=Boba%2BKath[/url]

That's the firespray list I'm running right now.

It gets around Kath's relative fragility with a combination of Engine and Intertial Dampeners at PS9. Can't shoot what's not in arc, right?

Still, like any Firespray, she melts to focus fire. Firesprays don't have the health to survive big attacks and don't have the dial or actions to avoid them. I really wish the Firespray had the mobility of the Aggressor.

Yeah, tail gunner sounds like a good time on a firespray but you run into the problem that they really, really need that crew slot for a dice mod (K4, Dengar, etc)

Engine Upgrade on firesprays with rear arcs is a hoot, but it really loses its punch without dice mods. You could swap VI for PTL, but then you lose all the boost advantage against higher PS pilots.
So with Kath and tail gunner you'd probably want to be boosting to manipulate the rear arc, but would also want a TL or focus to help with rerolls. PTL gets you that, but then you're stuck with the ship's crappy greens and moving at PS7.

I can't really see a path where it's GREAT, but paired with another ~50 point big ship like Dengar or party bus might make it pretty useful.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The answer to that problem is Mindlink.

I'm only half joking.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tekopo posted:

The answer to that problem is Mindlink.

I'm only half joking.

OK now I want to try a Kath/Zuckuss/N'Dru mindlink list

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

General Battuta and I are doing our league game now, GOONS BEING GOONS, lljk.

Someone watch us.

EDIT: The good general is currently reenacting The Three Stooges with all his dial cards.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 11, 2016

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Don't remember where I saw it, but what do y'all think of this crit seeking mess of a list?
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!193:12,144,73:34:2:;71:12,22,73:34:2:&sn=Marksmanship%20dual%20Trips

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau posted:

You know what's really obnoxious?

This list:

Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) (35)
Marksmanship (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
TIE/D (0)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)
Predator (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
TIE/D (0)

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (16)
Mara Jade (3)
TIE Shuttle (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

There are a ton of tiny variations - Vessery, Ryad, Predator vs Marksmanship, Intelligence Agent on the bomber - but the core idea of Mara Jade with very accurate ion cannons is pretty legit. It can straight up prevent the opponent from playing the game.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I've got a feeling that two Defenders using Marksmanship (thus without focus/evade for defense) would not survive long enough to push those crits through.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

R3 is loving terrible and I'm super disappointed in FFG for pulling another "oh, we don't want this card to be too OP" cop-out.

It should be 1 point and should be "when attacking with a primary weapon roll one fewer attack die, then gain an evade token".

For gently caress's sake.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Endman posted:

R3 is loving terrible and I'm super disappointed in FFG for pulling another "oh, we don't want this card to be too OP" cop-out.

It should be 1 point and should be "when attacking with a primary weapon roll one fewer attack die, then gain an evade token".

I would never use this because giving up an entire die is terrible but cancelling a result you're not going to use anyway is not.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Endman posted:

It would still be terrible then

If Scum can get generics like R4 and Unhinged, Rebels can get some useful ones too.

Hell, make Vector a 1 pt title, Rebel small ship only. Call it Heroes of the Rebellion or something. At 2 pts and a mod spot it's dead on arrival for Rebels.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I think R3 is playable, maybe even good, on Wedge (possibly with Juke). Don't see it with anyone else though. It really encourages you to Target Lock rather than Focus, which makes it even more important to have a high PS to make it work. Luke might benefit from it too, but he's probably just plain better as Lone Wolf Regen Luke.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Endman posted:

I understand where you're coming from, but I prefer this to the alternative.

*tumbleweed rolls past Attack Wing regional tournament*

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Using it with Juke is janky as all hell. You've got to bank on rolling a focus and on the opponent not having/not willing to spend a focus on defence.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

Having usable cards isn't the same as appalling power creep.

I'm just super disappointed that there is yet another Rebel astromech that'll sit in the card folder and never, ever come back out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Endman posted:

Using it with Juke is janky as all hell. You've got to bank on rolling a focus and on the opponent not having/not willing to spend a focus on defence.

You can make the same argument about any ship using Juke, except Omega Leader. That's what keeps Juke from being a reusable Crack Shot.

I mean, it is a reusable Crack Shot, but it requires some extra effort.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

Lol if you think the past tournament season wasn't a shitshow. Jumpmasters weren't even playtested at their current cost.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Add me to the chorus of people disappointed at the R3 and this expac in general. I don't really give that much of a poo poo about Yet Another Falcon or PS9 Poe either. Maybe I should just take a break from X-Wing for a while.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

You can make the same argument about any ship using Juke, except Omega Leader. That's what keeps Juke from being a reusable Crack Shot.

I mean, it is a reusable Crack Shot, but it requires some extra effort.

I do make the same argument. I can't think of another ship I'd take Juke on apart from Omega Leader. It's just too situational for a two-point card that uses up the EPT slot. Omega Leader is the only pilot that removes the situational nature of Juke that otherwise cripples the card.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Endman posted:

Janson says hello.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

alg posted:

Lol if you think the past tournament season wasn't a shitshow. Jumpmasters weren't even playtested at their current cost.

Here's an 84 person regional with no 3xJumpmaster lists, and only two Dengaroo lists in top 8. Everything else is a pretty good mix of random poo poo. Sorry you had a bad season, m8 :(

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=1843

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

There's three other T-70 pilots along with the TIE/sf and two Scum ships.

Unless you're a Rebel-only, no T-70 player, I think it's a little early to write off the entire wave. Especially since Heroes of the Resistance isn't part of Wave 9.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Strobe posted:

I would never use this because giving up an entire die is terrible but cancelling a result you're not going to use anyway is not.

Then make it "you may choose to cancel any single attack die". Having to roll a focus specifically makes it crap at two points.

I've been of the opinion for a while that X-Wings would be well and truly competitive as long as they had some guaranteed way of generating an evade token. This is not that way.

Corbeau posted:

Janson says hello.

You'd take a whole extra ship just to guarantee a gimmick?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Some Numbers posted:

There's three other T-70 pilots along with the TIE/sf and two Scum ships.

Unless you're a Rebel-only, no T-70 player, I think it's a little early to write off the entire wave. Especially since Heroes of the Resistance isn't part of Wave 9.

I find it pretty annoying how someone at FFG is apparently allergic to making good generic Rebel astromechs, a thing which could benefit several ships in use of a boost. That guy must have had jury duty the day they made Targeting Astromech.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Endman posted:

No. Triple-X runs Janson anyway, so it's already available.

Some Numbers posted:

Unless you're a Rebel-only, no T-70 player, I think it's a little early to write off the entire wave.

Hi.

Endman
May 18, 2010

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/752661275688181760

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Endman posted:

Wedge and Wes is already one of the meanest offensive (and defensive) combos in all of X-wing. Target lock is better for offense than focus (marginally, but it's still better), and when you remove the absolute need to take focus to use on defense it's a win-win. Adding Juke to the mix and capitalizing on Jansen's token removal is even better. I will absolutely be replacing my normal Predator/R2 Astromech Wedge with Juke/R3 Astromech Wedge. The only thing that's stopping me from doing it to my entire list is pilot skill.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Gerdalti posted:

Aramoro and Canyenero, I'm out of town until this weekend, but I'll hit you both up asap for game time.

Hey guys, I'm back in town. I can do games Wednesday night or most times over the weekend this week (including maybe Friday night). Drop me a PM or hit me up on Steam (same name as here).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

You own a Falcon.

• Locked thread