Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

It's the beginning of the end, fellas.

Times ticking to leave while you still can.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AeroZ
Nov 9, 2016

orange juche posted:

He's a dogshit FC too lol

If he doesn’t apologize for this poo poo and get his roles removed then he should be kicked. Simple as that.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

AeroZ posted:

If he doesn’t apologize for this poo poo and get his roles removed then he should be kicked. Simple as that.

Reading his meltdown in jabber and reddit I don't think he is going to apologise.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rudeboy Detective posted:

It's the beginning of the end, fellas.

Times ticking to leave while you still can.

:69snypa:

This isn't even page 69 what the gently caress is your aim also you edited that in

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

orange juche posted:

This isn't even page 69 what the gently caress is your aim also you edited that in

69 is the coolguy sex number.

(I panicked and added the first sniper I could think of)

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
He would have lost that 1trn or whatever it was FCing next week anyway so what's the issue? :confused:

Man needs to take a break from EVE, every mention of him on comms talks about how burnt out or loving angry he is.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

have u no shame? have u no honour??

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Choose Your Own Eve Adventure

You accidentally unanchor a supercap shipyard.

To say "oops, my bad, sorry guys"- Turn to page 23.

To say "F#$% you, I do what I want" while raging on jabber and reddit- Turn to page 44

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

What a disgusting vulgar Proteus. How could you do that to my boy

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Rutibex posted:

What a disgusting vulgar Proteus. How could you do that to my boy

smartbombing proteus's (proteii??) are amazing and just about the only legitimate use of a proteus besides as a black ops h/k.

fight me.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Edit - never mind, found it and it’s less dramatic than I was expecting! Still lovely, though.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 26, 2020

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Loky11 posted:

smartbombing proteus's (proteii??) are amazing and just about the only legitimate use of a proteus besides as a black ops h/k.

fight me.

Ah yes, "chemo" fits.

I haven't seen one of those in gods forever. I know they were a meme in w-space where there was always one lurking right behind you in the k-space site, ready to decloak and smartbomb you to death.

Now the Proteus is trash :v: (ok it has a couple niche uses, mostly the smartbomb fit and a small amount that take advantage of the scram/point range bonus)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

an edited snype is stolen valour

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ChickenWing posted:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ok so it seems obvious to me that canceling an industry job somehow shouldn't vaporize everything involved with it.

You should get some portion of the initial stuff back based on how long it had been going, and get a bunch of "wreck" for everything else to symbolize the aborted thing.

Maybe those invention things where you put in a blueprint and a couple data doodads you're hosed.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

One of the cool things about EVE is that it apparently has its own news service, and they also post op-eds and stuff:

https://imperium.news/those-who-fail-to-learn-from-history/

Interesting stuff, once the current fighting winds down I assume we destroy TEST once and for all? Or is that not feasible

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SHISHKABOB posted:

Ok so it seems obvious to me that canceling an industry job somehow shouldn't vaporize everything involved with it.

You should get some portion of the initial stuff back based on how long it had been going, and get a bunch of "wreck" for everything else to symbolize the aborted thing.

Maybe those invention things where you put in a blueprint and a couple data doodads you're hosed.

I'd say you'd get the amount of minerals proportionate to how long the job has running, up to 90% of it back. For every 10% of the job run length that's been completed, rounding up, you lose 10% of the minerals, and instead get a certain amount of scrap back, depending on how long the job takes, or something like that. Or it could give you low level salvage materials, like that you'll get for high sec exploration, otherwise you'd probably get people running a job, then cancelling it to get more salvage mats.

Hell, you could make it determine what happens based on what causes the job to end abruptly. Canceling the task or unanchoring? You get mats back. Goes to low power due to lack of fuel or enemy action? You get nothing.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

SHISHKABOB posted:

JABBER LEAKS!!!!!!!!!

(9:32:39 AM) madmaan: did you pay the people back already?
(9:32:43 AM) john_hartley: no
(9:32:53 AM) xenuria: lol
(9:32:54 AM) madmaan: why not?
(9:32:58 AM) myranes: all john had to say was
(9:32:59 AM) john_hartley: citadel policy: USE EXTREME CAUTION leaving valuable clones, industry jobs, or assets in ANY citadel that is not owned by DJs/Goonwaffe or a major active member Corporation. There are many thousands of citadels held under the Alliance alt corps and your items may be at risk if the structure is unanchored or various service modules are turned off. It is your responsibility to only leave your items in places that are likely to remain safe/fueled/online.

So in short, yeah he is a goon fucker. Yeah, probably won't even get a slap on the wrist. Yeah its all hilarious.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

One of the cool things about EVE is that it apparently has its own news service, and they also post op-eds and stuff:

Interesting stuff, once the current fighting winds down I assume we destroy TEST once and for all? Or is that not feasible

Yeah that's the Mittani's multi-dollar media platform.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Phlegmish posted:

That's INN, which writes stuff from the Imperium's perspective, it's not CCP.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

JABBER LEAKS!!!!!!!!!

(9:32:39 AM) madmaan: did you pay the people back already?
(9:32:43 AM) john_hartley: no
(9:32:53 AM) xenuria: lol
(9:32:54 AM) madmaan: why not?
(9:32:58 AM) myranes: all john had to say was
(9:32:59 AM) john_hartley: citadel policy: USE EXTREME CAUTION leaving valuable clones, industry jobs, or assets in ANY citadel that is not owned by DJs/Goonwaffe or a major active member Corporation. There are many thousands of citadels held under the Alliance alt corps and your items may be at risk if the structure is unanchored or various service modules are turned off. It is your responsibility to only leave your items in places that are likely to remain safe/fueled/online.

So in short, yeah he is a goon fucker. Yeah, probably won't even get a slap on the wrist. Yeah its all hilarious.

Yeah let me find a rules lawyer way to save my own rear end after deleting supers being constructed during the most dire war ever faced by my coalition and alliance.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yeah let me find a rules lawyer way to save my own rear end after deleting supers being constructed during the most dire war ever faced by my coalition and alliance.

Eh, I'd say WWBI was a bit more dire than this one :v: (seriously, because Moneybadger had more than enough numbers and will that the usual "yes, come into the woodchipper" defensive strategy of Goons backfired horribly when the woodchipper effectively clogged because so many groups were coming in and fast), but that's splitting hairs.

Rest of it I agree with.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tekopo posted:

That's INN, which writes stuff from the Imperium's perspective, it's not CCP.

Oh. Yeah, that explains the editorial bent.

Still interesting, I don't think there is a 'neutral' equivalent that has quite as much information?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

CCP used to write stuff for The Scope, but I'm not sure if they do anymore.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

God I love that we have all of this stuff. Goonswarm probably has more diplomatic representation around the world than actual real-life microstates.

They think they can beat us? Heh....molon labia !!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

God I love that we have all of this stuff. Goonswarm probably has more diplomatic representation around the world than actual real-life microstates.

They think they can beat us? Heh....molon labia !!

transnistria has some neato coins that we dont get to make but otherwise more people have probably heard of the imperium/goonswarm than transnistria :v:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

also the policy he linked says "Goonwaffe/DJs or a major active Corporation." Shadow State produces a lot of FCs and super pilots and are well know throughout the imperium so it's pretty lol that he's using that as his justification when the reality is hejust oopsied

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Sickening posted:

..major active member Corporation.

SSTAT is a pretty active and probably considered major member corporation though?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I have heard reports that the honorable Wibla has stated that the adults are talking about it. Wibla, can you confirm or deny this?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I’d consider SSTAT on a similar level to Amokdotte and Karmafleet in terms of tier. They’re not big but they produce a lot of FCs and supercaps

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

where the hell did we get adults from

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
You look outside of eve, duh.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I asked my dad and he said it sounded like I was winning

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Solus posted:

I’d consider SSTAT on a similar level to Amokdotte and Karmafleet in terms of tier. They’re not big but they produce a lot of FCs and supercaps

noted not big corporation, Karmafleet

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Trust a goon to be as dense as a brick I guess.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
other directors covering for john_hartley in the gfdotcom thread look loving great too, :laffo:

all someone has to do is say "yeah, we hosed up, let's see what we can do to make it right" but instead it's "you're loving dumb for doing industry in a private citadel for 4+ years, good job dumbs, look at this rule right here, gently caress you"

nerds bad at admitting they're wrong, because technically correct is the best kind of correct, news at 11

edit: he renamed the citadel "rip your stuff heh". Yowza

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 26, 2020

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Jazzzzz posted:

other directors covering for john_hartley in the gfdotcom thread look loving great too, :laffo:

all someone has to do is say "yeah, we hosed up, let's see what we can do to make it right" but instead it's "you're loving dumb for doing industry in a private citadel for 4+ years, good job dumbs, look at this rule right here, gently caress you"

nerds bad at admitting they're wrong, because technically correct is the best kind of correct, news at 11

Link?

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

General_Disturbed posted:

I've been on exactly one John Hartley fleet since returning to eve. And he impressed me as a massive loving primadonna sperglord. I showed up to his fleet in a jaguar and he had a bitch titty fit about it, and when i told him I fly whatever the gently caress I want to fly, guy literally closed fleet, logged off of eve, then followed me to jabber where he started kicking and banning me from random jabber rooms (because FC's just have that power in goonswarm 2020 apparently).

The fact that he inexplicably decided to destroy a critical piece of goon infrastructure that he inexplicably had access to, then tell the goons he just cost trillions to go gently caress themselves, does not surprise me one single bit, considering what I've seen of him.

Mr Vee he is not.

I went one exactly one fleet as well. And he raged when targets were getting split damage. Heavy TIDI and rapid fire target calling leads to this problem. Things are dying faster than they get locked. Back in the day targets were locked and then the command to fire next. Instead of "lock X, Y, Z all dps on X". And then when X dies before others can lock. People tend to split fire because of broadcast history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sometimes my hobgoblins automatically attack belt rats, other times they don't. What determines this?