Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

wear it while punching the hell out of some nazis please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

It's a self-correcting problem

Poster PCOS Bill advocating violence against someone who disagrees with him politically. I'm shocked.

*Actually not shocked at all.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Poster PCOS Bill advocating violence against someone who disagrees with him politically. I'm shocked.

*Actually not shocked at all.

Predicting is not advocating.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PCOS Bill posted:

Predicting is not advocating.

Your advocating lets not be a chickenshit here.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

Your advocating lets not be a chickenshit here.

You're projecting.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PCOS Bill posted:

You're projecting.

Fine, be a coward if you want.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

A timely mug.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Prepare to be the coolest kid in 8th Grade.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

New Persona game looks weird.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

spudsbuckley posted:

Prepare to be the coolest kid in 8th Grade.
Well I wasn't actually cool in 8th grade so now's my chance! :haw:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a cheap (5,99€) radio-controlled alarm clock from Lidl.

Turns out the signal doesn't really reach this country too well and also since it's from Lidl it said "DIE" in big letters when I turned it on.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

also since it's from Lidl it said "DIE" in big letters when I turned it on.

not a bug

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
My mailman is either going to slash my tires or burn down my house--I just ordered 200 pounds of cat litter :negative:

I can't even send a two hundred pound package through the mail for 75$, let alone manufacture, distribute, sell, and ship even a loving kazoo for that price. The modern economy and how it works is just :psyboom:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I ordered 100 lbs of kettle bells next day free Prime once, and a 200lb grill 2-day Prime. The latter had a special delivery service though.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

OSU_Matthew posted:

My mailman is either going to slash my tires or burn down my house--I just ordered 200 pounds of cat litter :negative:

I can't even send a two hundred pound package through the mail for 75$, let alone manufacture, distribute, sell, and ship even a loving kazoo for that price. The modern economy and how it works is just :psyboom:

Yeah that's how I always order litter. Sometimes more if there's a sale on Amazon.

My mail carrier has taken to leaving my heavy packages against my storm door so I have to go around the house to open it.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Subjunctive posted:

I ordered 100 lbs of kettle bells next day free Prime once, and a 200lb grill 2-day Prime. The latter had a special delivery service though.

Trust me, you paid for shipping on those kettle bells. Weights cost $1 a pound on a good day and that's probably 95% to cover transit costs and still make a profit.

I wonder if this has been done before, but it would be a great idea to basically just sell a kit to pour your own concrete into weight molds. You could ship that for cheap and make more weights for very cheap.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Good kettlebells are made of cast iron, not concrete. I don't think any weights would use concrete :psyduck:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bought some kettlebells recently and the interesting thing is that the prices online including shipping is usually about the same as just buying locally.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
Weight isn't typically the issue with ground shipping, it's dimensions.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Glottis posted:

Trust me, you paid for shipping on those kettle bells. Weights cost $1 a pound on a good day and that's probably 95% to cover transit costs and still make a profit.

Yeah, these were about $1.50/lb I think, but the price matched the local place I looked up, so :shrug:

(My point was really that someone had to deliver them.)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I probably spent too much on a kettlebell but hey at least it's probably not crap. Oh for five bucks extra I get the extra special coating/ new design? gently caress yeah sign me up! I was tempted by the monkey/fantasy creature ones but wasn't a fan of the one that was the weight I wanted.

Edit: Went with kettlebell usa metrixx elite.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Aug 30, 2017

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I did a poo poo ton of research before buying kettlebells and ended up with kettlebell kings. The quality is awesome and the company is full of the nicest most helpful people. The prices are competitive and you can almost always find discount codes around. I'm still sitting on mine for when I can move up to 24kg soon. I also got a nice free shirt which is basically an ad but whatever I'm down for supporting them.

I realized halfway through that this is the recent purchases thread not the product recommendation thread. Oh well, buy kettlebells dudes. Do a million swings. Develop the fiercest hip thrust in the cosmos.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Actually this is also the product recommendation thread by the other one is trash garbage.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Bottom Liner posted:

Good kettlebells are made of cast iron, not concrete. I don't think any weights would use concrete :psyduck:

That is actually a thing, or at least was. When I was a kid, my dad bought a cheap weight set and bench, and the weights it came with were concrete filled plastic shells.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Buckets need holes.

Review so far, uhh these are sticky and have grime on them come on China you can do better. I did end up not ordering from amazon and instead got fulfilled by amazon so who knows if they're even the real ones, eh whatever we'll see if they work.

edit: Why yes I noticed China wasn't properly capitalized and so edited this post much later.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 07:23 on Oct 2, 2020

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Duck and Cover posted:

Review so far, uhh these are sticky and have grime on them come on china you can do better. I did end up not ordering from amazon and instead got fulfilled by amazon so who knows if they're even the real ones, eh whatever we'll see if they work.

That's probably just old lubricant because they've been on a shelf in a warehouse for a while.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

That's probably just old lubricant because they've been on a shelf in a warehouse for a while.

Sure it's not the end of the world I rinsed them off and am letting them dry out. I'm going to be drilling plastic I have trouble imagining it not working.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kilometers Davis posted:

I did a poo poo ton of research before buying kettlebells and ended up with kettlebell kings. The quality is awesome and the company is full of the nicest most helpful people.

What makes a kettlebell high quality? In theory it's cast iron, hopefully with some kind of soft coating to grip, and a flat spot on the bottom to set them down.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

H110Hawk posted:

What makes a kettlebell high quality? In theory it's cast iron, hopefully with some kind of soft coating to grip, and a flat spot on the bottom to set them down.

Balanced for throwing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

H110Hawk posted:

Weight consistency, one piece construction with no welded handles, quality of the finish/powder coat, proper sanding/filing to make sure there are minimal areas with roughness or burs. They're extremely simple but there are definitely things that can put one above another. There are quite a few companies pumping out cheaply made kettlebells with awful quality control. I don't mind spending a little extra since these big hunks of iron will realistically last way longer than I will.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Sounds like a good reason to spend less on something not over-built actually :v:

H110Hawk posted:

Not made out of concrete. You wanna be able to drop it on the floor from the top of an overhead press.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The most interesting kettleball I've seen is pretty much a sand-filled medicine ball with a handle.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
Sounds like a good reason to spend less on something not over-built actually :v:

Not made out of concrete. You wanna be able to drop it on the floor from the top of an overhead press.

Uhh the floor is still concrete though.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I have a vhs player that copies VHS to dvds

external dvd-rw for my macbook air, so I can upload super obscure VHS titles and old school comercials to Youtube for posterity

one of the old vhs I found was an old Deftones live gig from 1998, and a Face Of Death wannabe copy

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I ordered a weight bench so I could expand my repertoire of dumbbell exercises.

You kids and your new fangled kettle bells.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I use sandbags and kettlebells because I like to pretend I'm a russian wrestler.

Also sand is free at the beach.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I use sandbags and kettlebells because I like to pretend I'm a russian wrestler.

Also sand is free at the beach.

I don't exercise like a real goon :colbert:

Content: I recently bought Spirit Island and it's awesome

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's pretty goony to just workout at home. Pasty dudes don't go to the gym or public.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
idk about goony, I work out in public because I can't afford a nice in-home gym setup

I'd much rather have work out equipment at home, I recently started working out at the work provided gym and there is something fantastically efficient about having gym facilities where you "reside" most of the day

:shrug:

but also i'm talking about the traditional setup not kettle cooked thingamajigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Related content: I re-upped my gym membership. To me having to pay to work out gives me the motivation to not waste my :20bux: because when I tried having a home gym, I'd make excuses to not work out.

Weird how finances can be a motivator.