Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Kai Tave posted:

Again, the main problem with this card is that its utility seems to boil down to "mmmmaybe it's good on Wedge???" and that's it, meanwhile 90% of the ships that can take this upgrade, including all Y-Wings and anything with lower Pilot Skill, won't want to because it'll be pointless.

And to make it clear so it doesn't seem like I'm getting fixated on this one particular issue, the rest of the expac doesn't look thrilling either tbh. Tail Gunner would be a neat addition to Scum Firesprays if it wasn't competing with the rest of Scum's really good crew choices, Vectored Thrusters have already been run down, and the ARC itself doesn't look that interesting. I don't know what precisely is going to give the Rebel meta a shot in the arm but I'm pretty sure yet another low agility flying brick with what's very likely to be a mediocre dial isn't it.

Yeah, I was really hoping that the ARC would be the special friend-of-Dash (that isn't Corran Horn) that I've been looking for, but unless it has 1-hard turns, I don't think it will be, and I seriously doubt they will give it 1-hard turns at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Finster Dexter posted:

Yeah, I was really hoping that the ARC would be the special friend-of-Dash (that isn't Corran Horn) that I've been looking for, but unless it has 1-hard turns, I don't think it will be, and I seriously doubt they will give it 1-hard turns at all.

Otisburg posted:

I am going to get two ARCs and run both moms in a fully-loaded 2-ship list, regardless of efficacy, just so I can use the list name Chubby MILFS.

I make good life choices.

"Hey son, I want you to meet mom's, uhh, friend. His name is Dash"
"How you doin', sport?"

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

lmfao

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I really want the ARC170 to be good because it's probably the best looking prequel ship.

canyoneer posted:

"How you doin', sport?"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Dash flies the Outrider, and probably drives a Firebird.

https://www.facebook.com/RepaintRoom/photos/pcb.203613959996502/203613829996515/?type=3&theater

Peep this repaint of a K-Wing as a B-17.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

I think "this card stinks now but bow howdy, wait until you see this other card that'll make it stink less" is a lovely approach for a game designer to take, personally.

I disagree, it's better than releasing a very strong card in itself that becomes the default card for that slot forever (Autothrusters), especially if the slot in question is faction specific.

Considering the card on its own merits though, I cannot see why it's not 1 point.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Let's stop bitching about astromechs and talk about the scoring changes in tournament rules.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgam...ext_version.pdf

TL;DR. Draws are gone. Entirely. So are modified wins. You win or you lose. That's it.

The person who has destroyed the most points wins. If it's a tie (either due to mutual destruction or time runs out), then it's a red-dice roll-off based on the printed primary weapon value of the ships in the squad. If ships are still on the table (time ran out), it's those ships that are counted in the roll-off. If all ships are dead due to mutal destruction, it's the total of all ships for each squad.

The person with the most hit/crits wins.

I like this change.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

New tournament rules. Highlights include reverting the rules for discarding upgrade cards so that Tomax works, adding a 2 hour time limit to the final match, and a rolloff of all the red dice your surviving ships produce to resolve draws.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

canyoneer posted:

"How you doin', sport?"

Finally @drill got his own pilot card

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

ConfusedUs posted:

Let's stop bitching about astromechs and talk about the scoring changes in tournament rules.

TL;DR. Draws are gone. Entirely. So are modified wins. You win or you lose. That's it.

The person who has destroyed the most points wins. If it's a tie (either due to mutual destruction or time runs out), then it's a red-dice roll-off based on the printed primary weapon value of the ships in the squad. If ships are still on the table (time ran out), it's those ships that are counted in the roll-off. If all ships are dead due to mutal destruction, it's the total of all ships for each squad.

I like this change.

This owns.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Hate to see it come down to a dice roll, but given how rare it is to see exact ties in score this seems fair. Just don't end up tied with Dash as your surviving ship, 2 red dice in the tiebreaker. :v:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

So, it looks like having a sheet of maneuvers is still ok, because of the clause that states "Official rule documents include all rules documents available on the X-Wing page of our website, those found in an X-Wing product, or any portion thereof." The maneuvers being a "portion" of the little cards included with every pack.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

I like this change.

I like all of these changes. Draws are stupid. Modified wins are stupid.
If anyone's bummed about the overtime final salvo rules, my response is the same as my response to people mad about soccer tournaments ending in penalty kicks or NFL games a single possession in OT: You had the whole rest of the game to win, so if you lose the tie-breaker you deserve it :colbert:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Shame for people writing battle reports though.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Gate posted:

Hate to see it come down to a dice roll, but given how rare it is to see exact ties in score this seems fair. Just don't end up tied with Dash as your surviving ship, 2 red dice in the tiebreaker. :v:

Finally, the HWK nerf we all knew was coming...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Looks good to me, finally rid of mod wins, loving hated those.

Overtime salvo rules are interesting and probably broadly balanced, but I do wonder what the maximum possible number of dice is. I'm guessing it's still the 8-TIE swarm at 16.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

thespaceinvader posted:

Overtime salvo rules are interesting and probably broadly balanced, but I do wonder what the maximum possible number of dice is. I'm guessing it's still the 8-TIE swarm at 16.

*rolls 16 blanks*

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

thespaceinvader posted:

Someone in my local group mentioned that the tiebreaker in 2013 Worlds after MOV was alphabetically by first name :negative:

Lost and Damaged Components
If a player loses a component during a tournament, he or she has an opportunity to find a
replacement, if necessary. Any player that discovers they are missing an essential component at
the beginning of or during a round should notify a leader. The leader will give the player a short
time extension to their game in order to find a replacement. If the player cannot find a
replacement within that time, they must concede the game. If the player is unable to find a
replacement by the start of the next round, they should be removed from the tournament.
If an essential component becomes damaged during the course of a tournament, he or she has an
opportunity to find a replacement. If the player cannot find a replacement, the damaged
component is treated as lost unless it falls within one of the following categories.
• Damaged Card: The player keeps the original card near the rest of his or her squad and
uses a proxy card in its place for the remainder of the tournament. A leader will create the
proxy, including the card name, any information that is no longer legible or available on the
damaged card, the name of the leader who created it, and the date it was created.

Proxies of cards are not allowed unless used under
the rules of “Lost and Damaged Components” on page 8.

Does this mean that I can tear a Palpatine card into 4 pieces to split with my friends and we can each print out proxies for the tournament :v:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

canyoneer posted:

Someone in my local group mentioned that the tiebreaker in 2013 Worlds after MOV was alphabetically by first name :negative:

Lost and Damaged Components
If a player loses a component during a tournament, he or she has an opportunity to find a
replacement, if necessary. Any player that discovers they are missing an essential component at
the beginning of or during a round should notify a leader. The leader will give the player a short
time extension to their game in order to find a replacement. If the player cannot find a
replacement within that time, they must concede the game. If the player is unable to find a
replacement by the start of the next round, they should be removed from the tournament.
If an essential component becomes damaged during the course of a tournament, he or she has an
opportunity to find a replacement. If the player cannot find a replacement, the damaged
component is treated as lost unless it falls within one of the following categories.
• Damaged Card: The player keeps the original card near the rest of his or her squad and
uses a proxy card in its place for the remainder of the tournament. A leader will create the
proxy, including the card name, any information that is no longer legible or available on the
damaged card, the name of the leader who created it, and the date it was created.

Proxies of cards are not allowed unless used under
the rules of “Lost and Damaged Components” on page 8.

Does this mean that I can tear a Palpatine card into 4 pieces to split with my friends and we can each print out proxies for the tournament :v:

I guess so as long as you can convince a TO to make a proxy for you.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

Strictly in the realm of theory, four Alpha Interceptors and a Phantom also hits 16.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeah the tiebreaker dice roll has a few downsides, but overall, it's not bad. In a general sense, it will reward the player with the better ship or ships on the table.

A fat turret that spends the entire last half hour running away may only get 2 or 3 dice; the opponent may have several ships left on the board to tip it in their favor.

AKA the "Suck it, Han" rule.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

So, Strobe, will we be using any of these new tournament rules for the TTS league?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I don't think we're even timing the games, bro. :)

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Modified win and id in one fell swoop.

Well played Organized Play.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

I don't think we're even timing the games, bro. :)

I think the original write-up said games were timed, but I haven't held anyone to it.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Finster Dexter posted:

So, Strobe, will we be using any of these new tournament rules for the TTS league?

If it comes down to simultaneous destruction, yes. Otherwise, I don't really care. :v:

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

4 phantoms is also 16, as is 5 bandits and two attack shuttles. Also just 8 Zs of either scum or rebels

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Strobe posted:

If it comes down to simultaneous destruction, yes. Otherwise, I don't really care. :v:

What about modified wins?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

4 M3-As with HLCs :v:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

4 M3-As with HLCs :v:

Printed primary, bruvs.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Panzeh posted:

Printed primary, bruvs.
drat, true. One can dream

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Finster Dexter posted:

What about modified wins?

They don't exist anymore.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm not sorry to see the backside of either modified wins or intentional draws, that at least is a decent set of changes.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Let me put it this way: the best astromech the rebels couldve gotten for the X-wing would be a 0 point astromech with no text on it.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Panzeh posted:

Let me put it this way: the best astromech the rebels couldve gotten for the X-wing would be a 0 point astromech with no text on it.

I unironically want this, with kicker text along the lines of "You may choose to discard [astromech] at [whenever]. Whenever [astromech] is discarded, gain a focus token."

Something to let it work on its own but also with IA.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
They should put the new tournament rules into a badly laid out flow chart.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

"Let's see who was under the mask of good new FFG" *takes off mask* "It was bad old FFG all along"

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

General Battuta posted:

I unironically want this, with kicker text along the lines of "You may choose to discard [astromech] at [whenever]. Whenever [astromech] is discarded, gain a focus token."

Considering what Glitterstim does at 2 points and a stress that would probably cost a point.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

General Battuta posted:

"Decoy Astromech" or "Red Shirt Astromech"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If only Targeting Astro was one and a half points. Or one point, let Rebels have something criminally undercosted for once.:v:

• Locked thread