Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You can do that at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

spit on my clit posted:

I dunno, people really liked the Killing Joke, which is basically the upcoming movie if instead of "Batman kicks Some Bad Guy into a chemical pit", it's "The man reaches his breaking point without any further push from Batman"

to explain "people really liked the killing joke" better, I mean to say that people generally thought that it revolutionized the Joker from just an insane guy to the ultimate result of what batman's crimestopping has produced.
I'm not a big fan of The Killing Joke. The "good man driven insane by the world" schtick is already there with Two-Face, don't see the need to repeat it for Joker.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fragmented posted:

I just want a good WW2 tank movie. I don't even really like tanks but Fury was not that movie.

A good WW2 submarine movie would be cool too. Das Boot is old as poo poo.

We need a new world war so we can make cool movies about it, imo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The joker is one of the extremely few villains people (real people, not internet grognards) know about. He's been on television forever now and was made even more popular with The Dark Knight. Of course they're gonna squeeze that rock forever

Who else are they gonna highlight? Crocodile-man-guy?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Give us more The Penguin while danny devito is still alive/working.

or just stop making movies about batman since he's the worst superhero ever to become widely popular.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Give us more The Penguin while danny devito is still alive/working.

or just stop making movies about batman since he's the worst superhero ever to become widely popular.

Counterpoint: all the marvel ones that aren't the raccoon or spiderman

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Counterpoint: all the marvel ones that aren't the raccoon or spiderman

At least they actually (generally) have super powers and aren't just some rich vigilante.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

At least they actually (generally) have super powers and aren't just some rich vigilante.

Iron Man is just Batman with way more tech.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sunswipe posted:

I'm not a big fan of The Killing Joke. The "good man driven insane by the world" schtick is already there with Two-Face, don't see the need to repeat it for Joker.

Also after everything Joker just did, him and bats having a good laugh like old chums was--weird.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Also after everything Joker just did, him and bats having a good laugh like old chums was--weird.

Batman is also a psychologically broken individual, also it was a good joke.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

This part of the animated movie made me cringe so hard.

Actually most of the movie did that. Seriously, what happened? I remember liking the comic but it's been several years since I read it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

spit on my clit posted:

Oregon, definitely.
What of Maine?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Grouchio posted:

What of Maine?

I can't speak for spit on my clit, but I will vouch for Maine. It's beautiful and its inhabitants are fine-to-good as far as the "only white people live here" states go.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

artsy fartsy posted:

This part of the animated movie made me cringe so hard.

Actually most of the movie did that. Seriously, what happened? I remember liking the comic but it's been several years since I read it.

The comic is pretty short so the movie adds in a lot of stuff to pad out the runtime. And it's all terrible.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

The musical number made me cringe.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress all of this crap about playing down mass shooters/not acknowledging them in the news. I want to know as much about them as possible so we can all try to avoid them and know what makes them tick. if you want to avoid glorifying them, report on what gigantic losers all of them are, but I want to know what lovely websites they frequented, what meds they were on, and what wal mart sold them a gun over the counter. It's insanely sad that innocent people are dying but "focusing on the victims" is utterly useless and accomplishes nothing. We need to know as much as possible about these broken brained morons.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

gently caress all of this crap about playing down mass shooters/not acknowledging them in the news. I want to know as much about them as possible so we can all try to avoid them and know what makes them tick. if you want to avoid glorifying them, report on what gigantic losers all of them are, but I want to know what lovely websites they frequented, what meds they were on, and what wal mart sold them a gun over the counter. It's insanely sad that innocent people are dying but "focusing on the victims" is utterly useless and accomplishes nothing. We need to know as much as possible about these broken brained morons.

ok mr dutchman we really appreciate your opinion and will definitely reform the walmart gun identification system to help our country out of this crisis

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Legends of Tomorrow is the best current superhero mass media franchise and it's not even a particularly close contest.

e. Though Person of Interest is both my favorite Batman adaptation and my favorite Punisher adaptation.

docbeard has a new favorite as of 10:24 on Sep 2, 2019

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

Nah. Remember how they try to lure Dolarhyde out in Red Dragon/Manhunter by having Will Graham talk about what a sexually inadequate loser he is to a tabloid? That's how mass shooters should be reported. "This small-dicked individual was triggered to murder when his mother refused to suck him off. He has been described by those who know him as 'Smelling of poo,' 'Always staring at cats' anuses,' and 'Someone who was just never going to get laid.'"

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Smørrebrød is not an open-faced sandwich. :denmark:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Blue is the coolest colour for glow in the dark anything (bioluminesence, phosphorescence, whatever), followed by purple.

E: orange is good too. gently caress green, basically.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Whitlam posted:

Blue is the coolest colour for glow in the dark anything (bioluminesence, phosphorescence, whatever), followed by purple.

Green and blue are both overused. Orange and yellow are too close to natural light. Purple, pink and red are the best options currently.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiggum posted:

Green and blue are both overused. Orange and yellow are too close to natural light. Purple, pink and red are the best options currently.

Except for those of us who can't distinguish those options

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grouchio posted:

What of Maine?

Maine is fine as long as it mainly stays on the planes.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Whitlam posted:

There’s a part of me that wants to acknowledge this but green is my favorite color so I’m conflicted

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The paleozoic is more fascinating than the mesozoic/age of dinosaurs

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The Silurian/Devonian age with prototaxite spires everywhere and giant scorpions and stuff was a lot more alien than the dinosaur world and more interesting to imagine.

Giant scorpions would also always win in a fight against dinosaurs every time

Carboniferous Park, a movie where a giant scorpion escapes and cuts people up with its claws and eats them

Shibawanko has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Sep 6, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Cubicles should have doors.

also no legitimate business should have an "open plan" office design.

People are more productive when you don't treat them like they are leeches trying to scam you out of money by slacking off and need to be constantly monitored. I have a supervisor who sidles up and silently watches what i'm doing until I notice his presence. It always freaks me out and makes me feel like I always have to be looking over my shoulder. I know he does it because one time I pretended not to notice him and he stood there for a solid minute before I had enough and asked him what he wanted. Just knock, weirdo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Cubicles should have doors.

also no legitimate business should have an "open plan" office design.

People are more productive when you don't treat them like they are leeches trying to scam you out of money by slacking off and need to be constantly monitored. I have a supervisor who sidles up and silently watches what i'm doing until I notice his presence. It always freaks me out and makes me feel like I always have to be looking over my shoulder. I know he does it because one time I pretended not to notice him and he stood there for a solid minute before I had enough and asked him what he wanted. Just knock, weirdo.

I tend to assume managers who act like this do the minimum amount of work they can get away with and thus assume the worst of everyone else

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Or maybe they're just socially awkward fucks like 90% of the guys on this forum. I assure you if managers like those were more talkative they'd be saying the most headass stuff you could imagine. "heh heh heh i am the knight that says ni. ni! ni! ni! get it? heh heh heh i'm doing the beavis and butthead laugh heh heh heh laugh with me brother"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

unpopular opinion: just because young people say stupid things like "headass" doesn't mean we should too

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i am young

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Venusaur, Raichu, and Slowbro are the only good generation 1 Pokémon.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Venusaur, Raichu, and Slowbro are the only good generation 1 Pokémon.

You're just going to ignore Magnemite and Porygon? You disgust me.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Not everything has to be praxis.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Counterpoint: everything is praxis. Not a question of if or can, just is.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

One era of music I feel absolutely no nostalgia for at all is the late 2000's indie period, like when Arcade Fire was popular and Mum and LCD Soundsystem and poo poo like that. When I listen to that stuff now it just sounds like self-serious garbage, all droopy and boring, leveraging emotions like wistfulness, which you can't really afford to feel if you live in 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the only good music from 2000 to 2010 was Gorillaz and Weird Al.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

the only good music from 2000 to 2010 was Gorillaz and Weird Al.

Good assessment but your dumb rear end forgot Green Day's American Idiot, the best rock opera of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Good assessment but your dumb rear end forgot Green Day's American Idiot, the best rock opera of all time

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh, you're serious? well thats not funny at all, you just have no taste in that case.