Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
How are TL queues since the solo change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Mephisto has been really great for the overall winrate when I play matches with my friend. He's always had an issue with diving too far into the enemy team. But with mephisto's teleport it eventually forces him back out of the enemy team so he's been dying way less

When you put it like that, I should probably grab Mephisto. Has he been nerfed yet?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
A little bit, he's definitely still well above average in power.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I'm crushing with mephisto in QM and some hero league games... The times where I'm not facing a Chromie or a KT. God, what a mess. Chromie in particular is just made for killing Mephisto.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I've been playing only Mephisto since he came out. The best part is I never have to play against Mephisto lol.

Murky is actually Mephistos worst nightmare. Once he gets inside your ring, you actually can't do anything about him unless someone else helps. I'm pretty sure you don't AA for more than he regens.

Random question, are there black people anywhere in Blizzard's universe? Obviously there are purple and orange and green "people" but of all the humanish characters, they are all white.

Oh wait, Lucio. He wasn't in the list I was originally looking at.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 5, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Elysium posted:

I've been playing only Mephisto since he came out. The best part is I never have to play against Mephisto lol.

Murky is actually Mephistos worst nightmare. Once he gets inside your ring, you actually can't do anything about him unless someone else helps. I'm pretty sure you don't AA for more than he regens.

Random question, are there black people anywhere in Blizzard's universe? Obviously there are purple and orange and green "people" but of all the humanish characters, they are all white.

Oh wait, Lucio. He wasn't in the list I was originally looking at.

Nazeebo too. And Tyrael's human form. They're def underrepresented though.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Also lucio and chen is partially black I think

oh wait you already said lucio

Orthodox Rabbit fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 5, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tosh and Warfield in Starcraft are two more, a bit more of a stretch on this one but Diablo 2's paladin was pretty dark-skinned both in their pixely little in-game man state and in their renders.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 5, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Tosh and Warfield in Starcraft are two more, a bit more of a stretch on this one but Diablo 2's paladin was pretty dark-skinned both in their pixely little in-game man state and in their renders.

Khejistan is supposed to be more India/Southeast Asia, but yeah the paladin is fairly dark skinned. Then lol the crusaders are giant white people despite ostensibly being from the same place.

e: at least, half of khejistan is. the other half is clearly middle eastern inspired.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 5, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
New hero, minion wave

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1048256544037642240

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The new hero is the 3 conjoined characters from Trine.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

God please don't be a HOTS original character

Charles Bukowski posted:

The new hero is the 3 conjoined characters from Trine.

God please be this

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Its like chogall except there's three of you and all three get to issue move commands

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Its like chogall except there's three of you and all three get to issue move commands

Twitch Plays Probius

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BrianBoitano posted:

Twitch Plays Probius

I'd watch twitch play hots, sure.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Yardbomb posted:

The Sorcerer from Diablo as well. The Sorceress from D2 is clearly a person of color, but is too pixely to have any, you know, distinguishing features.

Overwatch has Doomfist, who I'm surprised didn't get mentioned, as well as a teen genius NPC named Efi.

HotS is still only second from the bottom though: WoW has, on at least one occasion, suffered a bug that turned black human characters white.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Vikings skin along with Vikings rework

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It's almost assuredly Orphea. Calling it now

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Give us a HoTs original character thats just an awful chimera of every terrible character

ranged assassin

genji dash with charges like tracer
maiev trait
mephisto ult
a bunch of armor for no reason
point and click ranged nuke spell with execute %hp damage

lets hit rock bottom

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Give us a HoTs original character thats just an awful chimera of every terrible character

ranged assassin

genji dash with charges like tracer
maiev trait
mephisto ult
a bunch of armor for no reason
point and click ranged nuke spell with execute %hp damage

lets hit rock bottom

Spawn with 10hp as a blank blob of clay. Level 1 talent is choosing a role which sets your stats, and randomly assigns you talents/traits befitting it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Relentless posted:

Spawn with 10hp as a blank blob of clay. Level 1 talent is choosing a role which sets your stats, and randomly assigns you talents/traits befitting it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

blaze is pretty clearly coded as black given his voice but given he has no armorless skin yet he doesn’t count

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Its like Dumbledore being gay. It doesnt count because it wasnt in the books and its just an easy way to score points with the minority you're pandering too and being a fake piece of poo poo ally. Take off his helmet Blizzard!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Charles Bukowski posted:

Its like Dumbledore being gay. It doesnt count because it wasnt in the books and its just an easy way to score points with the minority you're pandering too and being a fake piece of poo poo ally. Take off his helmet Blizzard!

An armorless blaze with a barebones flamethrower system would be pretty cool.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
give me the 'just a guy' tyrael skin

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
One hero I cannot get my head around is Alarak. I am bad with melee assassins in general but he seems the most garbage hero in the game to me.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Thanks for all the posts recommending team league as a solo player played a bunch and had more fun than QM or HL in a long while.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

kaesarsosei posted:

One hero I cannot get my head around is Alarak. I am bad with melee assassins in general but he seems the most garbage hero in the game to me.

Alarak is pretty high skill level I think. You need to A) get kills and B) stay alive which is tough and gets tougher depending on team comps. Some games though you just have a blinder, get your quests done, grab Rite of Rak’Shir and just become an unstoppable murderer.

Prob biggest thing about him is that he is like Kerrigan in that you need to be able to pull off his combo. Push enemies into whatever his silence attack is called.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

kaesarsosei posted:

He's really more of a mage that can also melee. Hitting your combos is where all of his damage comes from

You also have to not die, dying on alarak is real real bad. A really good game on alarak leaves you feeling incredibly smug though

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Apparently weekend hots rule still applies to TL. I had overall great games during the week but played a few late last night that were clusterfucks from the draft on.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Alarak is the only hero that has gotten me hate whispers post game from opponents. He is good in my book.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

kaesarsosei posted:

The big problem with Alarak is that he’s really hard to play and he basically just punishes enemy mistakes. Even really good Alaraks will have a tough time if the other team plays well.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

garthoneeye posted:

The big problem with Alarak is that he’s really hard to play and he basically just punishes enemy mistakes. Even really good Alaraks will have a tough time if the other team plays well.

and occasionally the entire team lines up between you and their gate within the first minute of the game.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1048618928459722757

Hrm.

Combat-Jack
Jul 16, 2009

Less yap, more ZAP
Queued for a brawl game last night, after about 2 minutes in queue I got the message that bots may be added to make the queue faster. Yet another minute later get dropped in a game with 4 other bots. At least the other team only had 1 AI player. Oh yeah, second round was all Tyrande pick.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Belial with a minion possession mechanic imo

or a Pitlord maybe

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Those roots and accompanying green poo poo make me think Druid. If Malfurion wasn't in the game already, he'd be my first guess.

its imperius

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I'm hoping for Mannaroth. Gimme a main tank Mannaroth.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I feel like it's either gonna be Mannoroth or Mal'Ganis/Varimathras/Less Cool Dreadlord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

it's that time again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXSGbyICUnQ

edit: Tichondrius has the sexiest voice of any Dreadlord, therefore he's cool. :colbert: