Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

half of my stuff was in there but i was in the process of moving and being lazy :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

half of my stuff was in there but i was in the process of moving and being lazy :v:

Looks like he solved your problem then

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
All this FC talk reminds me of the SV fleets where suas, piss drunk, would scream at me for looting off the gate in a frigate. I was a shameless looter back then, to be fair. I've a much lower tolerance for spergy FCs now that I'm older.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

School Nickname posted:

All this FC talk reminds me of the SV fleets where suas, piss drunk, would scream at me for looting off the gate in a frigate. I was a shameless looter back then, to be fair. I've a much lower tolerance for spergy FCs now that I'm older.

especially 18 year old FCs lol

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

School Nickname posted:

meanwhile cauldronb0rn was talking about plexing a couple of his accounts throughlooting at karmafleet gatecamps on one of his fleets last week. it's a new world out there kiddos

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

especially 18 year old FCs lol

I'd bet good money weebname hanzosteel isn't even 18

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

Jazzzzz posted:

meanwhile cauldronb0rn was talking about plexing a couple of his accounts throughlooting at karmafleet gatecamps on one of his fleets last week. it's a new world out there kiddos

Man how the gently caress do I get on on this poo poo (in goons, I know the easiest way is to camps goons themselves :v:)? Doing a Lee Chanka and making 30-50bn/month from gatecamping idiots is the dream for me. Most times I join we're driven off soon after.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

School Nickname posted:

Man how the gently caress do I get on on this poo poo (in goons, I know the easiest way is to camps goons themselves :v:)? Doing a Lee Chanka and making 30-50bn/month from gatecamping idiots is the dream for me. Most times I join we're driven off soon after.

the kf gatecamp is much larger than the ascee gatecamp

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

School Nickname posted:

If you’re competent, consider black ops.

Re john:
I do not understand FCs with no chill. Ultimately we play this game for fun or take enjoyment for ruining someone else’s fun - see my eve namesake. It blows my mind that someone like John Hartley is in charge of anything. I went on one of his fleets (backseat FC’d it actually, probably my second day resubbed and wanted to learn to lead jackdaws) and he was an insufferable prick that didn’t even do a particularly good job. Oh, and ignored all my questions about how the fleet comp was meant to operate.

My only real complaint since coming back to the game is the large swathes of pubbie bureaucracy. I can acknowledge it’s necessary, since someone has to do it, but some of these poo poo sippers have all the charisma of a cockroach.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

smertrioslol posted:

Re john:
I do not understand FCs with no chill. Ultimately we play this game for fun or take enjoyment for ruining someone else’s fun - see my eve namesake. It blows my mind that someone like John Hartley is in charge of anything. I went on one of his fleets (backseat FC’d it actually, probably my second day resubbed and wanted to learn to lead jackdaws) and he was an insufferable prick that didn’t even do a particularly good job. Oh, and ignored all my questions about how the fleet comp was meant to operate.

My only real complaint since coming back to the game is the large swathes or pubbie bureaucracy. I can acknowledge it’s necessary, since someone has to do it, but some of these poo poo sippers have all the charisma of a cockroach.

ime john has been an outlier, and everyone else who is space important has been fine to fantastic

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ime john has been an outlier, and everyone else who is space important has been fine to fantastic

Do I have some fun stories for you (that I will tell you on discord, not going to import drama)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

smertrioslol posted:

also if you're incompetent

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

smertrioslol posted:

One time after we lost Dek, I safed up to take a poo poo and accidentally wing-warped half the fleet off the bridger. :sun: Tiberizzle was pretty pissed, but I just admitted that I hosed up and swore I'd be more careful in the future. Tib would get mad, but he'd make sure you knew how to do it right next time.

Regarding bad bubbles, literally everyone that flies a dictor has dropped lovely bubbles when they were learning. I did. Everyone I know has done it. It's going to happen, and a reasonable person should expect it if you have someone new in a dic/hic

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I feel like I'm really getting the full goon eve experience right now lol

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Stereotype posted:

I feel like I'm really getting the full goon eve experience right now lol

Haven't disbanded the alliance yet, you're not quite there!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Hambulance posted:

One time after we lost Dek, I safed up to take a poo poo and accidentally wing-warped half the fleet off the bridger. :sun: Tiberizzle was pretty pissed, but I just admitted that I hosed up and swore I'd be more careful in the future. Tib would get mad, but he'd make sure you knew how to do it right next time.

Regarding bad bubbles, literally everyone that flies a dictor has dropped lovely bubbles when they were learning. I did. Everyone I know has done it. It's going to happen, and a reasonable person should expect it if you have someone new in a dic/hic

i dropped a bubble in one of the ks fights on the FC's command and after the fight i looked at my kb and i had like 34 blue kills

:smith:

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

LegionAreI posted:

Haven't disbanded the alliance yet, you're not quite there!

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Poopsocks, ISK, Swords and Sorcery > 2L Bottle EVE 2020: GSF disbands at midnight

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I'm tempted to buy John a copy of Extreme Ownership, but I don't think it will help :v:

This is a pretty lovely situation, because it would be so very easy to avoid any negative effects on regular line members.

The MO- Sotiyo was triple rigged, and very popular, so it has probably paid for itself a few times already.
(Rigs also go poof when unanchoring, and those hold the real value in a Sotiyo beyond a good location and a good instaundock refinery).

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Wibla posted:

I'm tempted to buy John a copy of Extreme Ownership, but I don't think it will help :v:

This is a pretty lovely situation, because it would be so very easy to avoid any negative effects on regular line members.

The MO- Sotiyo was triple rigged, and very popular, so it has probably paid for itself a few times already.
(Rigs also go poof when unanchoring, and those hold the real value in a Sotiyo beyond a good location and a good instaundock refinery).

Glad you agree. Regardless of what happened and the intent behind it, the dude has been a complete shithead and is basically daring any of the directorate to do anything about it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Hambulance posted:

My favorite "Bad bubble" moment is trying to catch a roller... only to forget smartbombs exist and suddenly my bubble goes poof (thankfully we had him scrammed and I held off until he was in deep hull)

Though if you learn how to fly a small gang dictor, it is so worth it. You can get your buddies some serious killmails if you know what you're doing. Only problem is you have to manually pilot and keep transversal up.

Also knowing bubble range is good.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i dropped a bubble in one of the ks fights on the FC's command and after the fight i looked at my kb and i had like 34 blue kills

Blue kills are always :yaycloud:

If you want to :cripes: ask Asher about the time we lost 19 carriers in JU-

EDIT: My only good dictor story was the time I stayed behind and bubbled a fleet that was chasing us on the route back to Dek from M-O. I was in a double-bubble Sabre and actually managed to drop both bubbles, cloak, and extract with the enemy fleet looking for me. Every other time I tried ended in fiery death

The Hambulance fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 26, 2020

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Never not shoot blues :v:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

John Hartley should be airlocked.

I'm not sure what goonfleet dotte com thread anyone is talking about where other space important people are defending him; if it's the one in TWR - that's an obvious joke thread.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
This thread needs an official statement for all of us
WE NEED TO KNOW

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The Hambulance posted:

If you want to :cripes: ask Asher about the time we lost 19 carriers in JU-

God that fight was hillarious.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

also if you're incompetent

Sign me up :toot:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

AntherUslessPoster posted:

This thread needs an official statement for all of us
WE NEED TO KNOW

!bping the_mittani

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
The other thread is in Home Ec I believe.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CainFortea posted:

God that fight was hillarious.

Share for the class :allears:

e: also, if John hasn't been booted from the Imperium, loving boot his rear end. If the only positive for him being around is "he's an FC", then there's not much of a reason TO keep him around.

iospace fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 26, 2020

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
As anyone told John Hartley that the only way he's getting his name in books and on websites is to disband the alliance?
Because that would totally get his name up in lights outside reddit/eve.

I must applaud him for killing all those Supercapitals. Death to all Supercapitals.

I mean, why is he still in the alliance? Anyone else would have been podded by now. Surly his only way out of this is to do something even more...dramatic.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 26, 2020

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

To all those of you posting that John Hartley is a "Useless oval office" you are wrong. He is a oval office, our oval office not a useless oval office. YOU are useless cunts. I could give two fucks about your jobs, get reimbursed and shut the gently caress up. You think you fuckers saying he's a useless oval office matter? You don't matter, at least John loving Hartley works for a living instead of just sucky sucking at the tit. The fact that you obviously don't know that makes you A. a loving spy or B. a mooching useless krab. Probably a little bit of A and B. Do you think your contributions to this Alliance are somehow equal to his? Do you think that the no heads up is actually a thing to worry about. If it is goon loving he'll pay those people back. If it isn't he won't, simple.

On to the other thing. Yes he's got a temper, his temper is 95% of the reason I join his loving fleet and guess what it's ALWAYS full you loving nerds. He's a talented guy, and you know why i don't give two fucks if you call me a ball licker is because i called him a gently caress head for not even reading my coord ap. I call him a farm animal loving farmer from middle of who gives a gently caress UK, cuz 99% i'm sure he is. NONE of that changes the simple loving FACT that 1 john hartley is worth more than a hundred useless nerds.

gently caress your poo poo, get reimbursed, stop loving crying, and if you don't have a veil in this funeral then shut your pinches hocicos de putos pendejos culeros de mierda.
I don't care if you don't get what I said, English is weak when it comes to expressing anger. Yeah i'm loving angry at all the shitlers piling on John when we should be piling on fleets, and kicking the gently caress out of the assholes who are enjoying this more than anything. Wake up.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

^^^^ Source your quotes.

iospace posted:

Share for the class :allears:

e: also, if John hasn't been booted from the Imperium, loving boot his rear end. If the only positive for him being around is "he's an FC", then there's not much of a reason TO keep him around.

It was a number of years ago, and my memory is a bit fuzzy, but it was before Asher became the 27th best FC in the Imperium. We had some shitlers loving with ratters, and we drip fed a bunch of carriers into the fight instead of either calling it off or waiting until we had enough at once to really be effective. And we kept throwing sinks at it and it just kind of escalated really quickly.

I *think* it started with 3 Paladins all RR and MJDing around in bastion mode? But that might have been a different fight.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ObamaAkbar. posted:

To all those of you posting that John Hartley is a "Useless oval office" you are wrong. He is a oval office, our oval office not a useless oval office. YOU are useless cunts. I could give two fucks about your jobs, get reimbursed and shut the gently caress up. You think you fuckers saying he's a useless oval office matter? You don't matter, at least John loving Hartley works for a living instead of just sucky sucking at the tit. The fact that you obviously don't know that makes you A. a loving spy or B. a mooching useless krab. Probably a little bit of A and B. Do you think your contributions to this Alliance are somehow equal to his? Do you think that the no heads up is actually a thing to worry about. If it is goon loving he'll pay those people back. If it isn't he won't, simple.

On to the other thing. Yes he's got a temper, his temper is 95% of the reason I join his loving fleet and guess what it's ALWAYS full you loving nerds. He's a talented guy, and you know why i don't give two fucks if you call me a ball licker is because i called him a gently caress head for not even reading my coord ap. I call him a farm animal loving farmer from middle of who gives a gently caress UK, cuz 99% i'm sure he is. NONE of that changes the simple loving FACT that 1 john hartley is worth more than a hundred useless nerds.

gently caress your poo poo, get reimbursed, stop loving crying, and if you don't have a veil in this funeral then shut your pinches hocicos de putos pendejos culeros de mierda.
I don't care if you don't get what I said, English is weak when it comes to expressing anger. Yeah i'm loving angry at all the shitlers piling on John when we should be piling on fleets, and kicking the gently caress out of the assholes who are enjoying this more than anything. Wake up.

Sir, this is Jita 4-4 traffic control.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That reads like purestrain EVEO copypasta

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Though I've forgotten the specifics, some of my other favorite stories from Great Moments in loving Up include accidently offlining a jump bridge and leaving Northern Coalition caps to die:

and whatever battle led to Tolon being nicknamed "The Butcher of ZID-" and getting an avatar of Field Marshal Haig.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Isk Positive

quoting from the reddit main thread:

quote:

john_hartley: ok

john_hartley: are you monkeys done

john_hartley: ill do what the gently caress i want with my strctures

john_hartley: if you want to tell me what to do

john_hartley: ill loving bury you

john_hartley: getting pinged by 200 krabs

john_hartley: bite me

john_hartley: im taking it down

john_hartley: suck it

madmaan: did you pay the people back already?

john_hartley: no

xenuria: lol

madmaan: why not?

john_hartley: citadel policy: USE EXTREME CAUTION leaving valuable clones, industry jobs, or assets in ANY citadel that is not owned by DJs/Goonwaffe or a major active member Corporation. There are many thousands of citadels held under the Alliance alt corps and your items may be at risk if the structure is unanchored or various service modules are turned off. It is your responsibility to only leave your items in places that are likely to remain safe/fueled/online.

bj_glitternaut: John, how come every interaction I've had with you, has been you being a massive oval office? Everytime I have heard your name, it's been negative, or you harassing people in your fllet?

john_hartley: bj_glitternaut: do you play eve ?

john_hartley: ive never seen you in a fleet

bj_glitternaut: That's because I actively avoid you. Among many others. john_hartley: ok

john_hartley: ask me if i care

john_hartley: lol

Comstar fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 26, 2020

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
bruh. what is even going on with this alliance rn

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah that was some insane bootlicker in the home ec thread lmao

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
I was in an Asher (I think) fleet once and some dictor dropped a bad bubble and a fleet member started heckling them and Asher shut the heckler up by saying “it was a bad bubble but good initiative” :shobon:

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

lmao

GREAT SATAN posted:

bruh. what is even going on with this alliance rn

you're too young to remember but this is how things used to be, just constant comedy and drama, it was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Not a single one of those aeons is Madcow's that image is photoshopped!