Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Ulio posted:

Well I ended 6-4 not bad and got plat 4. Really salty about the loss where they remade and I couldn't even connect once. Like they should atleast give 1 free loss in promos or placements when their stupid client shits the bed.

PSA can people stop banning Ivern and letting Khazix/Riven/Yasuo/Vayne or w.e that is op through. I think Ivern is really good but seriously people need to stop banning that poo poo. ITs not gonna 1v5. Plat players are seriously so ignorant they don't ban Riven because its not meta despite it being the highest playrate champ top. Like that is pretty meta too me. That is the soloq meta. I don't know what meta they are basing their opinions because there isn't even competition going on. Riven ban is op in Plat/Diamond. You basically remove one player because the amount of Riven one tricks is insane in this elo.

Also don't ban adcs other than Twitch/Vayne. I played a ton of games against both of them today and the nerfs did absolutely nothing. Vayne feels a bit weaker earlier but still gets easy powerspike with i.e shiv. Twitch still a monster in teamfights.

I played mid most games and still built Rylais. Pretty good imo u get less ap/hp but its very easy to complete despite none of the components being really good. You can get the blasting wand and just sit on it till you get enough for Rylais. I don't know if its good on Viktor because u needed the slow to land both parts of e. On Ori u can still stack the slow with your q w and just chase people. Malz once u land e the voidlings have easier time aa'in the enemy so its still good.

Definitely didn't see as much Rengar bans or picks as pre patch. His dmg should be less but he still has free qss so I think he will still be decent.

http://bestbans.com/tier/platinum

Ivern over riven ban checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You can't spell Ivern without Riven

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

kaschei posted:

:stonklol:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

kaschei posted:

There's no I in team, but there is one in DariusIvern.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Went 4-6 on a new account and had 1 accidental dodge during that. 3 games had people on my team disconnecting and then reconnecting at 5 minutes (probably due to the client bug) and then my final game our Jhin rage quit 4 minutes in after he went 0-2.

Bronze II. Let's go baby.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Teikanmi posted:

Went 4-6 on a new account and had 1 accidental dodge during that. 3 games had people on my team disconnecting and then reconnecting at 5 minutes (probably due to the client bug) and then my final game our Jhin rage quit 4 minutes in after he went 0-2.

Bronze II. Let's go baby.

Bronze II on a Japanese server, isn't that the equivalent to Wood V or something everywhere else?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is a fresh Korean account

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Teikanmi posted:

This is a fresh Korean account

drat, that's like NA Challenger!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
ain't nobody dope as me i'm just so fresh korean

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
at least op.gg believes in me to climb

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

1 placement in on my silver smurf, apparently I inflated the MMR too much in the preseason

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Etrips posted:

Bronze II on a Japanese server, isn't that the equivalent to Wood V or something everywhere else?

I played my first ever ranked game the day before the ladder reset. I was called Cloth V. I cant completely disagree.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I seem to tilt in my placements pretty hard and the start playing bettrrish after. The first 5 placement games had someone afk or declare they wanted to be bronze, so you can imagine how that went.

Ended s6 at g2, got placed today in b1. The dream.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
if anyone wants a boost from low bronze im ur guy

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Worst start ever in my placements. All 4 games so far have had an afk, disconnect, or RQ within the first couple of minutes. 2 games were remakes, so I only have 2 actual losses, but yeah -- just absolutely demoralizing.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Can you boost me down into bronze

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

flyingkiwi posted:

Can you boost me down into bronze

I am confident I can.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Three ranked games so far:

Vayne that ragequit after diving into two people
Yasuo mid that fulfilled nearly every Yasuo 'main' stereotype possible
Toplane that wanted mid, mid told them they're a bad top, top spite picks Orianna into Renekton

Boy howdy. I'd get upset about how I've gotten three Ls in a row for my first three games but I've played so many games of League that I just can't manifest the effort

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Btw if your playing ranked today a bunch of people are having really low lp gains despite having high mmr. Maybe its indeed because its the first day of rank or its a glitch not sure.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Ally Lucian: "Well, I'm not going to win this lane so all I can do is feed. Ban me." after first blood. Then he went 0/14 and afk'd.

So god drat frustrating. I'm 6 games into my placements now.
3 wins
3 4v5 losses.

I just want my placements to be over at this point so I can play without the added stress.

LegalPad fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 9, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LegalPad posted:

Ally Lucian: "Well, I'm not going to win this lane so all I can do is feed. Ban me." after first blood. Then he went 0/14 and afk'd.

So god drat frustrating. I'm 6 games into my placements now.
3 wins
3 4v5 losses.

I just want my placements to be over at this point so I can play without the added stress.

Why not play normals or something until the initial start-of-season rush dies down?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If you play ranked at any point in the next week and expect to not have random bullshit happen ten times more frequently, you are a complete loving idiot. It's the least important part of the season - in fact it's really fun to dumpster your elo a bit by playing only champions you're awful at. Don't treat it like it matters. Just pretend they're all normals, because in essence they are. It's loving impossible to be stuck below where you belong, even a few divisions down you can effortlessly hard carry most of your games.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lmao if you haven't 10/0'd your placements for 3 seasons in a row.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What do u mean 3 seasons? What about the other 4 seasons, drat noobs.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Ulio posted:

What do u mean 3 seasons? What about the other 4 seasons, drat noobs.

Nobody's perfect.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

K8.0 posted:

If you play ranked at any point in the next week and expect to not have random bullshit happen ten times more frequently, you are a complete loving idiot. It's the least important part of the season - in fact it's really fun to dumpster your elo a bit by playing only champions you're awful at. Don't treat it like it matters. Just pretend they're all normals, because in essence they are. It's loving impossible to be stuck below where you belong, even a few divisions down you can effortlessly hard carry most of your games.
Is it really that much worse at the start of a season? If so, then yeah I guess I am loving up.

I keep getting back into league near the end of the current season and trying to race the clock to see where I bottom out at. I figured I would hit the ground running this season and so far it's not panning out.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The end of a season and the start of a season are the worst times to play ranked

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The second worst time to play ranked: any other time

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
when you have nothing to lose you shall be unshackled, get bronze and you will be set free

i feel bliss

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

LegalPad posted:

Is it really that much worse at the start of a season? If so, then yeah I guess I am loving up.

I keep getting back into league near the end of the current season and trying to race the clock to see where I bottom out at. I figured I would hit the ground running this season and so far it's not panning out.

Hitting the ground running is good, but your mentality is wrong. Your Elo is what it is. Your teammates don't hold you back. You being poo poo holds you back. You belong exactly where you are, so if you want your rank to be higher you have to be less lovely. You aren't going to do that by not playing, so go ahead and play - just don't expect to win. Expect to get opportunities to improve, and take them.

Play stupidly greedy and aggressive, and when you die look back and find the point where being greedy and aggressive was bad. Do it over and over and eventually you'll be able to kill people and not die. It's hard to do this when you're staring down an end of season timer. It's easy when it's week 1 and nothing matters.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

K8.0 posted:

Hitting the ground running is good, but your mentality is wrong. Your Elo is what it is. Your teammates don't hold you back. You being poo poo holds you back. You belong exactly where you are, so if you want your rank to be higher you have to be less lovely. You aren't going to do that by not playing, so go ahead and play - just don't expect to win. Expect to get opportunities to improve, and take them.

Yeah I get that. What's frustrating is the raw hours that are required. It takes a high number of games to go from bronze to gold for example, even if you have a really good win rate. I felt like I was winning a lot of games in silver during the pre-season but I was only 57% and 63% for my two main champs. At a couple games per night, that's a lot of weeks of playing to move up a whole medal.

So when I lose several promotion/placement games to an afk'er or whatever, I'm not thinking to myself "I'm so much better than this" I'm thinking "gently caress this is going to set me back all week".

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/loltyler1/EnergeticOstrichDuDudu

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

LegalPad posted:

Yeah I get that. What's frustrating is the raw hours that are required. It takes a high number of games to go from bronze to gold for example, even if you have a really good win rate. I felt like I was winning a lot of games in silver during the pre-season but I was only 57% and 63% for my two main champs. At a couple games per night, that's a lot of weeks of playing to move up a whole medal.

So when I lose several promotion/placement games to an afk'er or whatever, I'm not thinking to myself "I'm so much better than this" I'm thinking "gently caress this is going to set me back all week".

I mean, it's 4-5 games to go from 0LP to a series, and then usually 2 games to win that. If you play one game every day and you win it, you'd go up a division every week. There's like, 46 weeks in a season. You won't win EVERY game but you just gotta focus on the long con instead of one day's results. If you go up 25 LP in one day, that's on pace for any tier you're trying to get to whether it's Gold or Challenger. poo poo, 50 LP gained in one day is pretty drat good.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
queued top/supp
got top
picked a top
game starts with no adc, I'm a champ that can sorta go duo bot lane, I offer to trade with our second jungler (i'm guessing this is where something got mixed, we got 2 smites)
supp immediately abandons me
things obviously don't work out and teamates start bitching about how I played champion x as a bot
I get reported for it
league of legends

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hoooly gently caress.

3-2 in placements so far: http://plays.tv/video/584a638407fbb6b6a6/-oh-poo poo-oh-gently caress

edit: AS LONG AS I DON'T BREAK THESE
PROMISES
AND THEY STILL FEEL ALL SO WASTED ON MYSELF

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 9, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Nasus mid is real

Once you get zz'top you can just put it right under your turret and stop playing midlane and roam anywhere you want. It's great.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm so proud of this play I don't even care that it has the mcelroy brothers in the background because I was listening to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkqblDuM3oE

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lol thresh must be so tilted the flash auto was gonna kill and then u hit six when he goes toward turret. Wp.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
the mcelroys own bones

legit couple of the funniest people to ever exist on this green earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

every yasuo i encounter

also posting to say that sion/nasus support owns bones