Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Montasque posted:

Really looking forward to Hillary 2020.

I've been unironically saying this since the day after the election.

I love that everyone thinks she'll never run in 2020.

I may NOT be an OPTOMOTRIST, BUT hindsight IS 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mugrim posted:

She'll back because it's her turn and also wasting 1.3 billion in just a few months really owns.

I guess on the bad dem side the real winners are the various vendors, DNC consultants and Correct the Record staff who got paid to post astro-turf articles online.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Baloogan posted:

help help im being oppressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJrem2w6oo

lol didn't know there was a 10 hour version of this

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
How would that work
All of her funding was given with the expectation that she'd win, and I don't think anyone funding her is buying her excuses

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

etalian posted:

She'll back because it's her turn and also wasting 1.3 billion in just a few months really owns.

I guess on the bad dem side the real winners are the various vendors, DNC consultants and Correct the Record staff who got paid to post astro-turf articles online.

Don't forget, huge swathes of the professional campaign consultants for the DNC are still crazy happy with Clinton because they get a cut of ad revenue and she raised a record breaking amount. That's also why many kept loving her post 2008 primary despite losing, she poo poo out a boatload of money.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

How would that work
All of her funding was given with the expectation that she'd win, and I don't think anyone funding her is buying her excuses

"Trump is so bad, we've TRIED the lefts way with this muslim fellow but we need reliability and experience."

The answer in part is Bill Clinton. If he's still alive, he's a huge boon to her campaign. He's got the nuclear option of saying "gently caress it" and not campaigning, and people like giving former presidents money.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mugrim posted:

It's not so much that I don't think she'll run again in 2020, it's that I can't see her doing so successfully without destroying any remaining vestige of actual leftism within the party, or at all even then.

So what I'm saying is that it's basically a lock and we're all doomed.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

How many times did Henry Clay run for the Presidency?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Aurubin posted:

How many times did Henry Clay run for the Presidency?

like three times.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Posting on Boston zip code page

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

merry exmarx posted:

Do you guys think Hillary fainting on 9/11 was a bad omen

It was an inside job

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mugrim posted:

lmao she isn't running in 2020, it's patently obvious she doesn't give a gently caress anymore

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

lmao she isn't running in 2020, it's patently obvious she doesn't give a gently caress anymore

She's still holding luncheons with millionaires, but that's just because she doesn't know any other way to live anymore.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

She's still holding luncheons with millionaires, but that's just because she doesn't know any other way to live anymore.

The final going away party was described by one insider as being like a funeral wake.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Hemingway To Go! posted:

How would that work
she lost with a 2:1 spending advantage

has there been a GE campaign that was this incredibly incompetent in the modern era

clinton is a historically terrible candidate who ran one of the historically worst and most incompetent presidential campaigns in american politics

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bump_fn posted:

Posting on Boston zip code page

area code dumbassss, also 2 away from san diego

edit: how the gently caress does that even make sense that a difference of 2 is across the country

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Homeless Friend posted:

area code dumbassss, also 2 away from san diego

Oops still drunk from hockey

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

clinton incompetently lost the 2008 primary to obama in part because one of her top yesmen incorrectly believed that primary state votes were winner take all instead of proportionally allocated

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

well she is a millionaire so uh makes sense?

comedyblissoption posted:

has there been a GE campaign that was this incredibly incompetent in the modern era

clinton is a historically terrible candidate who ran one of the historically worst and most incompetent presidential campaigns in american politics

It should be noted that Trump got less votes than Romney did. It wasn't that she was to evil/unpopular rather than she ran a poo poo campaign

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

clinton incompetently lost the 2008 primary to obama in part because one of her top yesmen incorrectly believed that primary state votes were winner take all instead of proportionally allocated

That was the first time she won the popular vote hehe

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if clinton had somehow won the primary in 2008 despite her campaign's gross incompetence, is anyone kidding themselves that she had any chance to beat mccain/palin?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Venom Snake posted:

I lolled

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

It should be noted that Trump got less votes than Romney did. It wasn't that she was to evil/unpopular rather than she ran a poo poo campaign

She sucks as a politician and once again proves she can't win contested races.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

That's part of why they're trying to sell Russia as the sole issue so hard.

You just described her first primary. She had every advantage humanly possible and lost. The main takeaway was "She didn't have enough foreign policy experience".

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the democratic party is stupid enough to try to back a clinton 2020 run

that's why they are whining so hard about any excuse to justify their absurd loss

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

No

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Hillary Klingon

Is that something?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

that's why they are whining so hard about any excuse to justify their absurd loss

She'll be back and Obama is actively working right now to make sure all progressive leadership gets locked out of the the DNC.

They got burned by fire and haven't learned their lesson.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

They were dumb enough to run her in 2016 and there's zero indication a lesson has been learned

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The Democratic Party is getting embarrassing with this whole faithless elector poo poo. The concept is terrifying.

Venom Snake posted:

I imagine it was controversial at the time that Obama won the 2008 primary despite losing the popular vote?

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

The Democratic Party is getting embarrassing with this whole faithless elector poo poo. The concept is terrifying.

I imagine it was controversial at the time that Obama won the 2008 primary despite losing the popular vote?

Hillaryis44 lost their loving minds and got a full on racism boner about black theft

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

They refuse to accept the results of fair election, even though they lectured Trump and his supporters about it.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mugrim posted:

They were dumb enough to run her in 2016 and there's zero indication a lesson has been learned

Other than Keith Elisson and Obama being completely shut out of the party, yes. "The Democrats" describes dozens of different political camps. One of the problems is that there is no unified identity or leadership

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be. No one, especially in politics wants to come right out and say "hey, we hosed up", and that goes, like, quintuple for anyone named Clinton.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

I am sure there are plenty of people within the party that are that stupid. The party as a whole not so much

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

GlyphGryph posted:

I am sure there are plenty of people within the party that are that stupid. The party as a whole not so much

There is a loud vocal minority that's screaming their head off because they are getting all their power taken away from them. Maybe I'm too optimistic because Iv got no choice.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

There is a loud vocal minority that's screaming their head off because they are getting all their power taken away from them. Maybe I'm too optimistic because Iv got no choice.
the hilarious thing is that it's not like they'd be out of a job if the democratic party dissolves, they can just join the board of directors at a bank or silicon valley megacorp, all with massive atrocities under their belt

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

if clinton had somehow won the primary in 2008 despite her campaign's gross incompetence, is anyone kidding themselves that she had any chance to beat mccain/palin?

McPalin in 2008? Yeah, she'd have beaten that, barely. Mostly on the back of the recession and Dubya's comically low approval. She would have absolutely been clowned in 2012 though.

E: Also, it'd be 2008, there's no 4 years of Benguzzle or EMAILEMAILEMAILEMAIL yet.

Playstation 4 has issued a correction as of 22:40 on Dec 18, 2016

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I think what we all want to know is where Rahm Emanuel sees himself in 4 years. Back in the White House? Who can say! I can: drunk in a ditch.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet Clinton is going to focus on her charity work with the Clinton Foundation. After all, that is a legitimate charity and not just a blatant method for rich people to curry favor with the future President, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Aurubin posted:

I think what we all want to know is where Rahm Emanuel sees himself in 4 years. Back in the White House? Who can say! I can: drunk in a ditch.

He'll still be mayor of Chicago lol

• Locked thread