Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
can i get a putin as zangief suplexing zelenskyy who is chun li (gay)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

I don't even know how that works now that Germany officially supports nazi groups displaying nazi symbology

i'm not an expert on international internet law by any means, but my understanding on this hypothetical is that just because SA exists on the internet doesn't mean that germany can like destroy it for breaking german laws or something. even some of the more serious EU regulations that have rolled out in recent years related to digital platforms like GDPR tend to not apply to just "things that exist on the internet and are accessible to EU citizens," they have to be products specifically marketed to citizens of those countries or whatever, with very specific constraints

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Al! posted:

can i get a putin as zangief suplexing zelenskyy who is chun li (gay)

if dressing up like Chun Li is gay, call me Liberace.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The whole ‘C-Spam is bad and people who post here dont have 15 inch schlongs and f-cup bazongas’ thing has already been Debunked a year ago.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

is jackson hinkle the one who said women only have "two holes"

isn't jackson hinkle that professional cat behaviorist who used to always get interviewed on shows on animal planet and poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mister Bates posted:

isn't jackson hinkle that professional cat behaviorist who used to always get interviewed on shows on animal planet and poo poo

thats jackson galaxy

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Hromadske/status/1624080502721323008

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Mister Bates posted:

Thats Jackson Galaxy and he’s the reason why I’m pretty soon going to get two cats

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

with what news keeps coming out about POW treatment i'm pleasantly surprised they weren't just murdered. I guess they have to survive prison through.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeaaah about pow treatment, don't look up anything from the past couple of days.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Al-Saqr posted:

The whole ‘C-Spam is bad and people who post here dont have 15 inch schlongs and f-cup bazongas’ thing has already been Debunked a year ago.

that’s right

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

speak for yourself im bad to the 2 inch bone

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

Yeaaah about pow treatment, don't look up anything from the past couple of days.

honestly, do not look up most wars in regards to that

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

fanfic insert posted:

speak for yourself im bad to the 2 inch bone

Hedwig and the Angry 2 Inches

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

speng31b posted:

i dont think az hates cspam any more than certain parts of cspam hate other parts of cspam, but im sure that having everyone pissed at him almost from day 1 of his admin reign when the sexpig perma hit didn't help matters

I don't agree with every call he's made but I like Az and I wish he still posted here as much as he used to. Suppose I can't blame him for not, though.

I actually like cbo too (I like most people) but I totally get being frustrated with his...gimmick might be the right word since he's so relentless about it and I kind of feel like the point has long since been made. Majorian, thanks for undoing the threadban for him and AiT. I think the thing that makes CSPAM what it is, for good and for ill, is the freewheeling nature of our conversations, and I think unless people are being outright abusive, a lighter hand is best. But I will never, ever mod again so that sort of thing is easy for me to say!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1624090836140191747?s=20

Spartak--Former Wagner Fighter/Former Convict
"The boss came to our prison, he made an offer and told everything how it was. The war is brutal, this is not the Chechen war. Some decided to go and some didn't."

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

id also like to thank majorian for undoing the threadban. one of the reasons cspam is good is that it doesnt police threads for wrongthink and just lets everyone vomit the worst loving poo poo into their posts.

+1 I think the thread has been mostly fine lately, as someone said earlier it is a tough one being an extremely destructive war

semi related but I accidentally saw one of those grenade drone kill clips last night, absolutely surreal and disturbing

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Majorian posted:

Cool, I don't care what you think.

We didn't have to wait more than a week for another one of these I guess lmao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

We didn't have to wait more than a week for another one of these I guess lmao

I'm sorry I said that, you all know I care deeply what you think.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

theres a reason the russians call him гитлер

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

theres a reason the russians call him гитлер

“Why do all these brownshirts keep sucking mein schwanz?”

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

700 posts since I last looked in this thread a few hours ago. No spoilers but before I go back and read all those posts I want to congratulate Vladimir Putin on finally taking Kiev/Joe Biden on the Russicst state's collapse. Delete as needed.

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

free sexpig

free flymolo

ban mlmp08

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Canadian War Museum is planning a major exhibit on Wargames with CADTC, and some other institutions. On the academic side, I think Tim Cook and some other pretty exciting people will be consulted but curation and visitor experience design will probably be handled by someone who just came over from the Museum of Canadian History . I’ll post more about it in the wargame thread, but I think planning came up here and in the WW3 thread, so it’s something to look forward to in the next few months.

I think some sand tables and paper exercises will be donated, though idk if any of the Ukraine stuff will make it in.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 22:24 on Feb 10, 2023

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
That sounds cool as hell, I'll have to get to the War Museum when it's on display. I've been meaning to for a while anyway.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dreylad posted:

That sounds cool as hell, I'll have to get to the War Museum when it's on display. I've been meaning to for a while anyway.

It’s pretty cool, the Acting Director is apparently a real Tim Cook head, though he went to York if I remember.

Covid’s probably been hard on all of the museums so an exhibit to get excited for is p cool.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/Suriyakmaps/status/1623979657900052485?s=20

Russian forces have physically reached the western highway to Bakhmut.

I wonder if the advance westward toward Stupochky is simply to expand the zone of control over the road or an attempt to widen the encirclement to include Chasiv Yar.

Perhaps they are leaving the north pincer to close the circle around Bakhmut (the northern pincer looks to just have flat fields ahead while the southern would still have to fight through some towns) and are trying to push toward Kostyantynivka before Ukrainian forces can build up defenses?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
hadn't realised how big Bakhmut is

god this is going to be horrible for both sides

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bakhmut is my favorite summon materia

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

there was a video the other day of vehicle driving down the (one remaining) road eastwards into Bakhmut, and yeah I was kind of surprised how big it was. Certainly not the inconsequential village in the middle of nowhere some parties are trying to make it out to be.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I guess it's because Khrushchevka are a bunch of wide rectangles instead of tall high rises, so it doesn't look quiet like a dense urban city landscape you would expect in Americas.

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/AZgeopolitics/status/1624052154284535811

things are going great

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1624090836140191747?s=20

Spartak--Former Wagner Fighter/Former Convict
"The boss came to our prison, he made an offer and told everything how it was. The war is brutal, this is not the Chechen war. Some decided to go and some didn't."

Russians have such a way with words

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

must've all been russian spies or collaborators

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

bakhmut is my favorite summon materia

Sounds like they're gonna need neo-bakhmut after this battle

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

must've all been russian spies or collaborators

lol its gonna turn out zelensky wasnt right wing enough on something 100% guaranteed

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Russians have such a way with words

It probably doesn’t sound as bad/awkward actually in Russian, it is just that machine translation in particular is more garbage than average. There is a reason proper translations of works of literature take years and there often multiple versions.

It is also why listening covers of Russian music in English sound like garbage as well and seem to lack any soul.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1624149510292111362?s=20

The bridge in Zatoka has been hit by an underwater drone in what I assume was an operation by the Russian Navy.

Here is Zatola's location. I'm going to guess supplies from NATO are traveling this way vis Romania.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Majorian posted:

Someone needs to watch The Crown!

(that was a joke, no one needs to watch it)

One of the few good parts is Elizabeth's portrait getting trashed and replaced with a real GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BadOptics posted:

One of the few good parts is Elizabeth's portrait getting trashed and replaced with a real GOAT

Okay that's pretty cool.