Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It will probably take some dude stroking out at a lan or something for anyone in charge to actually care. I remember some major or something where dudes from I think VP looked visibly pilled out of their minds half the time but they could also just be huge weirdos.

Username/discussion topic combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm watching Blitz's stream and apparently a 4.2k Meepo is making GBS threads on EHOME in the open qualifiers.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mineksi is getting dumpstered by some Sand King in SEA open qualifiers right now it is pretty fun to watch

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Puppey kicked Kemal from secret lol

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

idk kemal probably just got bored of losing and has decided to go bankroll refugee bloodsports or something

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

hahah wow he really did http://teamsecret.gg/changes-to-team-secret-management/

wonder if they still get the sugar daddy money

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Also that's the first time I see cyborgmatt listed as a founder lol

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Apparently if you have a radiance on anyone, they can pass it to naga, she makes illusions, the illusions get the radiance, then she passes it back. Some team just did that in the open qualifiers with Alch/Naga, although they were going to win anyways so it didn't make much difference but one of the announcers was going crazy.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

wanted a bigger cut of the other players money

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

wanted a bigger cut of the other players money

A bigger cut of zero is still zero

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

2gd is also now part of secret

https://twitter.com/teamsecret/status/838800920481783809

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Kainser posted:

https://twitter.com/Peterpandam/status/838290825641545731

I wonder if Valve or some other Esports company will implement doping tests at some point.

If that ever happens any players who were abusing Adderall illegally will just get prescriptions. In the US a GP will almost certainly prescribe it if you just mention the symptoms of ADD.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Super Rad posted:

If that ever happens any players who were abusing Adderall illegally will just get prescriptions. In the US a GP will almost certainly prescribe it if you just mention the symptoms of ADD.

what US players would qualify for valve events

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

RIP Ad Finem? Players dropped by the org right after a major invite.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

a witch posted:

That seems dumb on many levels, that does not gently caress with the invite i assume as long as the players stay as a team?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

the players didn't renew their contracts with the organization

https://twitter.com/MNTdota/status/838859427834900480

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

They probably just got a huge offer from a different org then

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

MadHat posted:

That seems dumb on many levels, that does not gently caress with the invite i assume as long as the players stay as a team?
Correct. Major/TI invitations are given to the set of players, not the organization, so they keep the invitation as long as they stay together.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Drunk Canuck posted:

They probably just got a huge offer from a different org then

Good for them if true. Get that money while you can, who knows if this team will ever have another run like that.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Secret starting with "To our partners, sponsors, and most importantly our fans" makes it sound like Kemal was costing them sponsorships. Fans don't care about who is handling promotions and taxes.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ppy speaks

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spmbkg

quote:

Hiya. It’s been quite some time since I've discussed Team Secret with the community. As you may have read Kemal will be parting from our organization and John Yao will be taking on the role of CEO effective today. Despite some differences in opinion between Kemal and myself, we thank him for his time and wish him all the best in the future and hope we can both learn from our time together at Secret to make better decisions in future endeavors.

I would like to use this opportunity to address some of the drama involving previous players and our management. Ultimately, as an owner of Secret I am responsible for all aspects of running the company. I apologize to those players who may have felt team secret did not meet or fulfill their expectations. I also understand that some managerial decisions have affected/impacted players negatively. However, I’m glad to be able to say that we have fulfilled all of our obligations towards previous players for their time at secret. This leaves to address our present and future.

Today, as we experience a transition in management, I would like to thank our current roster for their support and understanding throughout these events. Their continued support to Team Secret has helped me immensely as a teammate, owner and friend. The same can be said about our fans who have stood by us, and though it did pain me to read a very black and white version of the situation over social media regarding previous events, I just want to say thank you to our supporters and I hope we can make you proud to be team secret fans for years to come. I can honestly say we are very proud to have you as our fans.

I know I could have said more, and we will certainly keep you updated on Secret moving forward. But for now, I think it’s best we focus on the future and our actions as Team Secret.

So it’s heads down in preparation for the Kiev Major qualifier next. I’m quite excited for the future of our team and organization. Hopefully we’ll see you at future events.

Thank you for reading,
- Clement
Owner, Captain, hardware QA expert and 1v1 cage fighter.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

a witch posted:

mouzsports is back guys!!!

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm watching Blitz's stream and apparently a 4.2k Meepo is making GBS threads on EHOME in the open qualifiers.

It was Fan's (a tier 2-3 chinese pro, has played for newbee and ehome) stack, the rest of them were smurfs

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm not sure I've ever seen a net worth graph as lopsided as the one in this coL game. The lowest coL player is more than double the net worth of the highest opposing player.

edit: it is 41-7 at 14:30.

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 7, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/838906585141362688

Haha

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
https://twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/838907588976783364

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Best part of major qualifiers is live. Veggie e-sports.

Cap https://www.twitch.tv/dotacapitalist
Merlini https://www.twitch.tv/merlinidota
CCNC https://www.twitch.tv/ccncdota2

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I very much like that the first thing he mentioned was the 'Graphics Nvidia Card'

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The money is one thing but if that fucker is trying to scam me out of my graphics card!!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"I made $350,000 in one year and should have made $600,000 but I'm really pissed about this $500 graphics card."

When the revolution comes EE will be the first pro put against the wall.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If he's missing that much money why hasn't he (along with the other people who are missing payments) contacted a lawyer instead of bitching on twitter?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Andrast posted:

If he's missing that much money why hasn't he (along with the other people who are missing payments) contacted a lawyer instead of bitching on twitter?

There probably wasn't any contracts.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Kild posted:

There probably wasn't any contracts.

Bingo, which is no coincidence.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Craptacular! posted:

"I made $350,000 in one year and should have made $600,000 but I'm really pissed about this $500 graphics card."

He's pissed about all of it you dumbass

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
For whatever reason the SEA qualifiers have been great compared to the other regions I have watched. There is a real back and forth game going on right now on BTS where each team is trading teamfights and buybacks

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Lmfao as if you fuckers wouldn't be pissed if you were promised a high end graphics card and didn't receive one.

Puppey still confirmed for being a trash can.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Craptacular! posted:

EE: *makes a post about how he got ripped off by Puppey*

Goon: Hahahah the order he listed his grievances in doesn't suit my high and refined preferences!

Truly it is EE that is the sperglord here.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This pudge in the EU quarterfinals on BTS is sick as hell

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

This pudge in the EU quarterfinals on BTS is sick as hell

this whole game rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The PRODOTA Dazzle is putting on a clinic on how to win a game in the first 10 minutes

• Locked thread