Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Any goons super active in monster rearing? Looking for someone that's rank 7 and can buy wyvern scales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
How the hell do people dual and tri box in this game? I just started my first 99 mage job (SCH) and I'm having trouble just keeping up with all the poo poo I need to do in a PT. I can't imagine having to juggle that and 2 other jobs at once.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Rape Stink posted:

How the hell do people dual and tri box in this game? I just started my first 99 mage job (SCH) and I'm having trouble just keeping up with all the poo poo I need to do in a PT. I can't imagine having to juggle that and 2 other jobs at once.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I just resubbed to this for reasons unknown, and I never really asked yall before I quit; I never got to Adoulin endgame, what about it makes melee DPS classes so bad? I'm just kinda curious because it's all I ever really play.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Hivac posted:

I just resubbed to this for reasons unknown, and I never really asked yall before I quit; I never got to Adoulin endgame, what about it makes melee DPS classes so bad? I'm just kinda curious because it's all I ever really play.

Due to the HP scaling system of NM (basically every person you bring over 3 each adds X HP... often 100-300k HP.) and the lack of HP for player classes in general. Throwing DD at something is alot less viable than standing at range and magic bursting off scholar skillchains.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Not to mention that in order to combat how sturdy tanks can get now they've had to scale up enemy damage considerably and are still working under the same system of "aoe = challenge" so most regular melee jobs simply fall over dead within seconds of engaging. Then they went and gave a mage job the ability to make skillchains with itself from max range so you can imagine what everyone plays now.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Hivac posted:

From what I've heard and read:

1. Monster and NM evasion gets really high. Melees needs a lot of accuracy. Depending on the endgame monsters and NMs, you would need like 1100-1300 accuracy plus sushi to reliable hit. Getting to 900-1000 isn't too bad, getting higher kinda requires killing the NMs that need more than 1000 accuracy to hit.

2. Dangerous AoEs.

3. Support needs to buff them with things like Haste 2, songs, bubbles, etc and then buff the mages. Geomancers can have one buff and one debuff active at a time. They can increase the melees accuracy and lower the enemy's evasion, but then they can't increase the mages magic damage and lower the enemy's magic defense.

4. Melees feeds the monster TP and are in danger of getting AoE'd.

5. They buffed the poo poo out of magic burst damage. With the right gear, BLMs can MB for 20k+ twice in one SC. SCHs can make SCs with spells and don't need to be in range of AoEs.

So basically, it's simpler, safer, and quicker to just buff the mages, have them nuke, and stay out of AoE range.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Giving SCHs the ability to skillchain basically killed balance forever. Makes no sense.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
If anybody is interested in leveling other jobs for whatever reason, I finally got Reclum to a point where I can start cleaving job points so most evenings you'll probably find me in the Sih Gates (ceizak) basement. I'm not the fastest or the best, but hey it's free XP and who can complain about that.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Male of the Century posted:

If anybody is interested in leveling other jobs for whatever reason, I finally got Reclum to a point where I can start cleaving job points so most evenings you'll probably find me in the Sih Gates (ceizak) basement. I'm not the fastest or the best, but hey it's free XP and who can complain about that.

Let me know if you need a geomancer to help buff/heal/nuke/enfeeb. I want to max out job points on my geo. So I can be a master baiter geomancer.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
How did you get in here?

Kieyen fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 21, 2016

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
Did you know you can only harvest three scales for every one baby dragon?

It took twelve baby Fafnirs to feed Jamie's crafting addiction.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'm hungry for gil loss

Cheezeitz
Jun 16, 2009
Decided to sub last night for absolutely no reason. Was in the GoonLS back in 2013 but it seems ya'll migrated to Asura, which I'm transferring over to now. Anyone I can get in contact with to get me a LS when I pop on? IGN is Maedin.

Cheezeitz fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 23, 2016

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Unless you have a lot of stuff and progress I'd just start a new character.

Cheezeitz
Jun 16, 2009
I do a bit yeah, quite a few hours plastered into the character. Though I'm dragging my family into with me now so I guess I could have lol

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Unless you have a 119 mythic/emperyan or an Idris, your character is easily replaceable.

Cheezeitz
Jun 16, 2009
Well, let's say I'm completely dull and did it before I made my first post. I'll keep it in mind next time if I ever have to transfer, which probably won't happen?

Also, so much has changed with this game my head is kind of spinning, I played about 5-6 months back in 2013 on Quetz and it seems leveling/progressing has changed in a major way. Any who, my IGN is still Maedin if anyone is around/able to toss me a shell so this game doesn't seem entirely lonely as I figured poo poo out.

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
Kaiyen, why the gently caress why do you own a dhalmel named after me hahahaha

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Jamie what did you do.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Zombie Souffle posted:

Kaiyen, why the gently caress why do you own a dhalmel named after me hahahaha

?
I own an elvaan named after you.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kaempfer0080 posted:

Jamie what did you do.
I hit my macros a little too hard.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

LiquidFriend posted:

I hit my macros a little too hard.

Three days?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Technically 4.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Starting april 1st is another alter ego event. Big one to get if you don't have is amchuchu.

Qultada
Adelheid
Amchuchu
Sakura
Ovjang
Mnejing
Rahal
Koru-Moru
Cid

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Qultada's coming back too for like the first time in a year and a half! What makes Amchuchu so good anyways? Is he just a magic damage version of August?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Qultada's coming back too for like the first time in a year and a half! What makes Amchuchu so good anyways? Is he just a magic damage version of August?

Pretty much. He is the only runefencer tank trust.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
Puberty has not been kind on Jamie.

Kieyen fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 29, 2016

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
http://sqex.to/Qs4

Update teaser!

Also, rip console support. Isn't this like the last 'live' thing for ps2?

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
"Storage - Making reading process into a two-step process" good god, this can not come fast enough. Geomancer's also getting some spell tweaks, wonder if that's going to be a nerf to try and get bards back in the game?

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

"Storage - Making reading process into a two-step process" good god, this can not come fast enough. Geomancer's also getting some spell tweaks, wonder if that's going to be a nerf to try and get bards back in the game?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/4cenyd/announcing_the_april_version_update/

According to Reddit, "On BG there's a translated Dev post saying that indi/geo acumen/fend values are higher than what they're supposed to be, so the devs are going to "adjust" them to their intended values."
They say it's worth about 8 mab.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Because peter is a lazy shitstain and se changed things so assaults can pretty much be done nonstop, starting monday i'm going to run thru all 50 assaults for him, this leaves a few party slots for others to come. If you want captain rank, you should come.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

Because peter is a lazy shitstain and se changed things so assaults can pretty much be done nonstop, starting monday i'm going to run thru all 50 assaults for him, this leaves a few party slots for others to come. If you want captain rank, you should come.
You should drag me through them so I don't have to do it tia

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

You should drag me through them so I don't have to do it tia

Not like you're ever gonna get off your rear end to do another loving mythic anyway.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

Not like you're ever gonna get off your rear end to do another loving mythic anyway.
If I make a big item synth, I'd make a Tizona

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

If I make a big item synth, I'd make a Tizona

Tizona is bad rear end. If you have the patience, Idris is probably worth doing as well.

frodnonnag posted:

Mind if I get in on that? What time are you going to do this? Late at night? All day?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Tizona is bad rear end. If you have the patience, Idris is probably worth doing as well.

Mind if I get in on that? What time are you going to do this? Late at night? All day?
GEO is a pretty boring job though.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

There's got to be some sperg out there with two aymurs, one 119iii and one 119ii

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

There's got to be some sperg out there with two aymurs, one 119iii and one 119ii

I would not want to have to do the same mythic quest twice just to be a sperg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
update hit!

notes: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50256

items: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/April_2016_Version_Update_Changes