Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
If it flags someone, you don't get a notification. I've seen a few people get removed from our match after being banned, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's some video explaining the netcode out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZj4c_j9Qs

Quoting this for the new page, the enemy orientation thing is annoying as hell and still surprises me that it hasn't been fixed.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Lately I've gotten killed a lot by my own cluster charge when playing as Fuze. Last time it happened I planted on a door, then hit the detonator when i was at least 4 meters away behind an unbreakable wall. I was spectated by two teamates at the time who also saw the bullshit death.

I guess you could say I keep getting hoisted by my own petard, quite literally.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

It would sure be nice if developers would stop forcing lagcomp designed for bad console hardware and P2P connections onto PC games. :sigh:

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

lohli posted:

Sorry but "best guns" status is held by Fuze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnLX2cwF44k

:dukedog:

gently caress yeah, I've been running him a lot more because of how much I love the AK. Fuze's ability is also rad too. Even if you don't get the kill, if you coordinate, you can do it in an area that forces the opfor to run out and towards your teammates.

IQ just sucks and so does pulse. Good but not great guns do not make up for fairly useless or limited abilities. My friend loves running pulse and likes to bitch when I go smoke and I want to strangle him. Smoke is so stupidly good esp with the acog on his second I would be amazed if a nerf isn't coming soon.

GyverMac posted:

Lately I've gotten killed a lot by my own cluster charge when playing as Fuze. Last time it happened I planted on a door, then hit the detonator when i was at least 4 meters away behind an unbreakable wall. I was spectated by two teamates at the time who also saw the bullshit death.

I guess you could say I keep getting hoisted by my own petard, quite literally.

I find those explosions to be awfully unreliable as far as safe zones. Both using him and going against him, I've been killed more than a few times in the exact same way. Just because the game likes to glitch you out through the wall, I try to avoid hugging them

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Been noticing more and more people macroing ads to fire and running around with shields. A+ would fight these every game.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Do you really need a macro for it? It really is almost instantaneous, you don't need much timing to do it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The macro makes it so you can just rapid fire shoot with ads accuracy and you shield never goes down.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

BadLlama posted:

The macro makes it so you can just rapid fire shoot with ads accuracy and you shield never goes down.

That's hilarious.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

My teammate fuzed the double door from garage on bank. I was to the right of the door against the wall. My kill cam showed one of the hockey pucks go into locker room, bounce off 2 walls, out the door, under the double door which was castled and into my crotch. :(

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Yeah you should pretty much always treat the Fuze charge like bootleg fireworks... light them and then run the hell away.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Jerkface posted:

My teammate fuzed the double door from garage on bank. I was to the right of the door against the wall. My kill cam showed one of the hockey pucks go into locker room, bounce off 2 walls, out the door, under the double door which was castled and into my crotch. :(

Had this going in my head as you described it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyCDLW7n53A&t=12s

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Never nerf fuzepucks :3:

JamesRay
Feb 18, 2004

Out with the Old, in with the Auld

Foehammer posted:

Yeah you should pretty much always treat the Fuze charge like bootleg fireworks... light them and then run the hell away.

Get da watah nigguh! Oh lawd ! Oh jeezus!

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what

really?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Does it not update the position of your shield when you drop through a trap door until your operator hits the ground? I dropped in facing a Kapkan and on the killcam I was apparently facing an entirely different direction in the air.

I like the tactical side of this game, but Jesus Christ are there a lot of things that make no sense compared to what shows on your screen.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Any chance we can flag one of the mumble channels as EU centric?

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Plan Z posted:

Had this going in my head as you described it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyCDLW7n53A&t=12s

Looks like i've found the music for my rainbow six edit.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Zaodai posted:

Does it not update the position of your shield when you drop through a trap door until your operator hits the ground? I dropped in facing a Kapkan and on the killcam I was apparently facing an entirely different direction in the air.

I like the tactical side of this game, but Jesus Christ are there a lot of things that make no sense compared to what shows on your screen.

It may be a glitch with your ragdoll when you get killed, I had a similar thing happen to me where I was shot and it showed me crouchmoving toward the guy then immediately snapping 90 degrees to my side.

Either that or it's actually happening in the game and that is why I got shot, who knows.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

It's like the netcode was developed half-way?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
New operators look extremely silly

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Cardboard Box A posted:

New operators look extremely silly

Yeah but I bet the attack dog is pretty op.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

An operator with an attack dog would legitimately be loving amazing.

I think you could balance it like this:

Speed 4. Completely silent when crawling. Can't kill enemies, but can instantly down them at melee range and keep them down as long as the dog stays on them.

Keshik fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 1, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

An operator who IS an attack dog. He'd basically be DD from MGS 5.

His ability to sense enemies (and then stab them to death with his dog knife), would make him better than IQ even without having a gun.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 1, 2016

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hope they dont fix the kapkan glitch because I am enjoying IQ being useful for once.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

keyframe posted:

Hope they dont fix the kapkan glitch because I am enjoying IQ being useful for once.

What is the Kapkan glitch anyway? I've seen streamers mention it (quite angrily).

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Zaodai posted:

What is the Kapkan glitch anyway? I've seen streamers mention it (quite angrily).

You put down the trap and then you start to pick it back up and tap middle mouse as soon as the animation starts and the laser disappears. The second one you put down after that is even more bugged where neither the laser nor the screw is visible.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

keyframe posted:

You put down the trap and then you start to pick it back up and tap middle mouse as soon as the animation starts and the laser disappears. The second one you put down after that is even more bugged where neither the laser nor the screw is visible.

I can see how that would be a very infuriating way to die. And an effective trap.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
Here's another video I made.
Ubi needs to fix those killcams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGXLTas6e6I

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Any idea when the DLC is suppose to come out? It's less than 24 hours right? Guess their marketing is focusing on The Division right now, been kind of quiet for the game's first major DLC.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Zaodai posted:

I can see how that would be a very infuriating way to die. And an effective trap.

The ones with a hidden screw don't work properly, though. The explosion kinda bugs out and goes into the insides of the wall.

To fix this, just hold mouse3 to deploy your next trap until it gets about 1/2 way through, then let go, and deploy again. You can put down 3 traps this way that will all work normally (with the exception of the sensor being toggled to infrared mode).

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Foehammer posted:

The ones with a hidden screw don't work properly, though. The explosion kinda bugs out and goes into the insides of the wall.

To fix this, just hold mouse3 to deploy your next trap until it gets about 1/2 way through, then let go, and deploy again. You can put down 3 traps this way that will all work normally (with the exception of the sensor being toggled to infrared mode).

This is a very clever way of giving an obvious cheat a veneer of respectability.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The traps should have never had lasers to begin with. They make a sound and you can see them pretty plainly from either side of the door

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Yeah, I died to an invisible laser yesterday and I was wondering if maybe ubisoft had patched the game and I didn't notice, as I had seen several of them like that over the weekend. I'm disappointed it's just a glitch exploit. :(

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

pedro0930 posted:

Any idea when the DLC is suppose to come out? It's less than 24 hours right? Guess their marketing is focusing on The Division right now, been kind of quiet for the game's first major DLC.

Yea still no trailer or anything. Ubisofts marketing department hard at work.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
yeah I bumped into the no laser thing too. You can still see he screw too. That's really how the trap should be.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

keyframe posted:

Yea still no trailer or anything. Ubisofts marketing department hard at work.

Their tweeter has some stuff:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Speaking of Hard at work, sorry about the kapkan trap thing PlanB :v:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am fine with kapkans traps having a laser, but the spike going to the other side should go. The attackers should not know there is a trap there without banging the whole thing down, or using IQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
Kapkan glitch is the only way he's become useful again. Don't ever fix it.

And the idea of starting a "pro league" with the issues currently standing is hilarious.

• Locked thread