Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm basically only going for the Alphy Chain banner after this and then nothing else. MAYBE the FFV banner that gives everyone new USBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Said "screw it" pulled again with the 20 mythril today, got a dupe of Papa's BSB (at least it's a +fire rod) and OK's USB! As an added bonus, the armor's like Lenna's USB dress: instead of high res or def, it's got both at 150. Not major, but that's neat.

And now things get interesting, because my current fire team would be Krile, Papa, OK, Vivi, and healer. Krile has her SSBs, Papa has Ley Lines or can roll into his BSB, and OK has his USB or mUSB, and that's a lot of overlap of magic quickcast 3 and Papa/Krile don't stack mag buffs with each other but OK does. So who goes for support and who for damage and oh this is gonna be fun and it's a shame I don't have Krile's chain to capitalize on all this.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Dissidia banner in JP's listed, and there are Dark times ahead.

quote:

Sephiroth's Genji Blade [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, Darkness Awakening Mode, Break Damage Cap Level 1 & 500 SB Points to user
Darkness Awakening Mode: Unlimited Darkness Hones, Darkness Ability Boost, Dualcast Darkness

Golbez's Meister Rod [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, En-Dark, 99% maxHP recoil, 100% Stoneskin & Shadow Dragon Mode to user
Shadow Dragon Mode: Dualcast Darkness & chases with single-target Dark/NE Overflow magic attack when status is removed, multiplier is dependent on number of Darkness abilities used during it (0/5/9 Darkness abilities); Disappears simultaneously with Stoneskin
Ultimecia's Staff of the Magi [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Wind/Dark magic attacks, Instant Cast, DEF/RES/MND -50%, Quick Cast & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Wind or Dark abilities
Level 0: Single-target Wind/Dark magic attack
Level 1~2: Single-target Wind/Dark Overflow magic attack
Level 3: Single-target Wind/Dark Overflow magic attack, Dispel

Garland's Avenger [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, ATK & DEF +30% and Chaos Impact to user
Chaos Impact: After using Heavy abilities, chases with 5 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, multiplier is dependent on Heavy Charge level
Vayne's Armguard [USB, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/NE hybrid attacks, En-Dark, Instant Cast 1 to party, Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Darkness abilities
Level 0: Single-target Dark hybrid attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Dark Overflow hybrid attack

Golbez's Demon's Rod [CSB, +10 MAG] - Activates Dark Limit Chain (150) & 50% Dark Field, MAG +50% to party

Golbez's Giant's Axe [Glint, +10 MAG] - High Quick Magic & Darkness Ability Boost to user, Instant Cast
Ultimecia's Onyx Dress [Glint, +10 MAG] - Weakness Damage +30% & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Sephiroth's Genji Armor [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Darkness abilities
Golbez's Earthbreaker [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Darkness abilities
Ultimecia's Judicer's Staff [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Garland's Demon Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Vayne's Novus Leathers [LMR, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of the battle
Golbez's Bascinet [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Edit: Banner 2 posted:

Sephiroth's Cetra Blade [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 20 single-target Dark physical attacks & single-target Dark Overflow physical attack

Sephiroth's Executioner [USB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Dark ranged physical attacks, En-Dark, Critical Chance +50% & EX "Legendary SOLDIER" to user
EX "Legendary SOLDIER": Allows Dark physical attacks to break the damage cap, Dark Damage +30% for 1 turn after using 2 Dark abilities
Kefka's Guise [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 random Dark/Bio magic attacks, En-Dark & EX "Forged Magitek" to user
EX "Forged Magitek": MAG +30% & chases Dark abilities with 4~8 single-target Dark/Bio/NE magic attacks, number of hits & multiplier increase with each Chase
Gabranth's Balmung [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark ranged physical attacks, En-Dark, Heavy Charge Booster & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Dark abilities
Level 0: Single-target Dark physical attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Dark Overflow physical attack

Exdeath's Santalum Robe [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 random Dark magic attacks, Imperil Dark, Quick Cast & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Darkness abilities
Level 0: Single-target Dark magic attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Dark Overflow magic attack

Kuja's Achromatic Bolero [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, En-Dark & EX "Angel of Death" to user
EX "Angel of Death": Darkness Ability Boost & chases with 8 AOE attacks when status is removed, damage is equals to 4.375% of BLK damage dealt during it

Kuja's Heretic Rod [BSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, En-Dark & 45s Doom to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, 0.825s CT, Doom Count -3
Defend -> 2~5 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, number of hits is dependent on Doom Timer

Sephiroth's Genji Glove [Glint, +10 ATK] - Quick Cast & 10% Dark Drain to user, Instant Cast

Sephiroth's Darkcoat [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Kefka's Mischief Cap [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Dark abilities
Gabranth's Barbut [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Gabranth's Gauntlet [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Dark abilities
Exdeath's Visage [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Kuja's Chosen of Treno [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

There's also a minor change to the Doom mechanics coming: currently, players can't overwrite their Doom counts, only enemies can. The change makes it so ANY Doom cast will overwrite a current counter IF the new Doom count would be less than it currently is. (e.g. Doom 45 -> Doom 30, but Doom 30 can't overwrite Doom 18)

Hogama fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 28, 2018

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
99% maxHP recoil?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's like Dark Knight Cecil's USB; casting it brings you to critical health (but doesn't kill you).

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
First banner gave me two Rinoa bUSBs and a BSB. Second banner gave me two OK USBs and a BSB. I’m hoping my next banner pull doubles up on a chain.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

how do I get onion knight motes
I got onion knight’s USB and want to make him actually able to use abilities

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Augus posted:

how do I get onion knight motes
I got onion knight’s USB and want to make him actually able to use abilities
check the greens shop

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
finally got another 5* from the daily draw and its Bartz glint, however not only is it a dupe, but also my fourth one :negative:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nihilarian posted:

check the greens shop

Thanks, was worried I’d have to grind

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I feel like they should introduce Arcane sbs sooner to Global or it might dry up their cashflow situation because people are sitting on pulls.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Thundercracker posted:

I feel like they should introduce Arcane sbs sooner to Global or it might dry up their cashflow situation because people are sitting on pulls.

I feel like only a very small percentage are the type who look ahead six months and don't pull because of that. I know I sure don't sit on my mythril for such a long time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Celes AOSB :toot:

I've got her w-cast LMR so she'll be decent for my wind team. Previously I was just using Butz with LMR and OSB so she should probably be an upgrade. For ice, Delita with USB is probably better. And there's no holy spellblade because we can't have nice things, but I do have her old Maria's Song which gives enholy.

Also it's a +ice sword. I won't complain after this awful streak of bad luck I've been having.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Got Celes USB.... which seems crazy good based on the description

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Looking at the rest of the festival, I kinda wish I'd pulled on banner 2 again.

Why don't they ever seem to do that last-day all banners are open thing anymore? I remember them doing it at least once in the past, and it seemed like both a nice thing for players and a smart move to get people to spend money.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Pull 1:

- 2 Celes Glint, Rydia LMR. Uhhhhhh OK...

Pull 2:

- Tidus AOSB
- Serah chain
- dupe Rydia LMR

Much better. I really wish I had gotten more Celes stuff because she's a general not some opera floozy but I'm not going to complain too much about the good stuff I got.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

For a dual-healer clear with no spheres whatsoever on Garland this is a pretty drat good time and a fairly safe clear, at least as safe as Siren can possibly be anyway. I can finally get an Evrae! Just three more of these and then I can be in the optimal position to solidify the other 4* magicites. For not having started these until like only a few months ago I've been making a pretty good bit of progress against these dudes. I feel so proud.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
ok RK here we go 300 mythril for that 1 Rydia USB

100: nothing

Pull 1:
Rikku BSSB uhh the infuse one
Celes LMR

Pull 2:
Celes LMR dupe
Rydia LMR 2

Pull 3
Celes Glint
Serah Chain

Pull 4:
Serah LMR
Celes USB
Celes USB dupe

Pull 5
Rydia LMR 2dupe

Pull 6
Celes Arcane

Well these were certainly good pulls, good for Celes most definately since now she's a loving monster.
Rydia USB 2 eludes me for today, but one day. Least I got her LMR 2.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Why don't they ever seem to do that last-day all banners are open thing anymore? I remember them doing it at least once in the past, and it seemed like both a nice thing for players and a smart move to get people to spend money.

I think they only did that because of some error in the banners, though I don't remember what.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

they only do that when poo poo messes up massively; like when a bunch people miss the pull window because everything crashing

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Wasn't that the same fest where they screwed up the BSB select list and gave everyone a bonus BSB to choose?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Finally cleared it!

And this was the setup I used. Swapped out Meliadoul and power-boosted my Agrias from lv20 to 99, non-legend dive, and crystal water. She only has her SSB but it was what tipped the scaled from "I cannot clear this" to "I whooped this". So so happy to finally have Ironfist Earth!

Oh and uh, for the pull I got Serah LMR and BSB, and Rydia USB. Cools.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I feel like only a very small percentage are the type who look ahead six months and don't pull because of that. I know I sure don't sit on my mythril for such a long time.

tbf that small percentage probably has some decent overlap with the small percentage of players that mobile games rely on for most of their income

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

My game just glitched and showed Shelke having two bars at the start of a fight

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

got 1/11 for the third banner but that one was celes ultra so pretty good to be honest.

is it worth diving her for? i have the motes, but my spellblade wheelhouse is already represented by bartz, squall, and orlandeau and her dive doesn’t seem insanely great

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

got 1/11 for the third banner but that one was celes ultra so pretty good to be honest.

is it worth diving her for? i have the motes, but my spellblade wheelhouse is already represented by bartz, squall, and orlandeau and her dive doesn’t seem insanely great

Her dive is unexpectedly good, it's just not as obviously good as a dualcast dive. She hits 3 elements innately, not counting the fire she can get off Maria's Song, and the extra 50% gauge gets a bit ridiculous when you're making GBS threads out 6 star spellblade hits, by all accounts. She pops out soul breaks like they're nothing, even without entrusting going on.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Gah I chased for Celes and didn't get her USB. I think my first 5 rolls had no discos.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

I've already dived Celes so I figured getting more for her couldn't hurt.

:stare: Well that sure is a pull!

I think she's one of my most decked-out character now. I've got her LMR on top of all that.

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 29, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I’m honestly not expecting to beat a D??? for awhile, but does anyone have advice for surviving the first 10 seconds of these fights? Wrexsoul usually does 7 attacks within the first 10 seconds and I wipe before I can get anything set up. The adds he has doesn’t help matters!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Got 1/11 Celes LMR, probably the best possible outcome for a 1/11 no disco pull. Debating whether to pull again on this banner or the ff8 banner 1....

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Do the Power Up dungeons eventually reset so you can master them again?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Do the Power Up dungeons eventually reset so you can master them again?

Nope.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Armitage posted:

I’m honestly not expecting to beat a D??? for awhile, but does anyone have advice for surviving the first 10 seconds of these fights? Wrexsoul usually does 7 attacks within the first 10 seconds and I wipe before I can get anything set up. The adds he has doesn’t help matters!

This is a really good visual guide for what happens on each turn: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w5dMMlm94X7npBD0P6Oyfc4QhZKsmXOcFmLgFmUGNyA/edit#gid=502481914

You won't take any damage on the first turn, and you should easily be able to get shellga up by the second. The guide also tells you important things about party placement, for example your 1st slot character will only take fire damage from Wrexsoul and your 5th slot character will only take ice damage.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

I think they only did that because of some error in the banners, though I don't remember what.

It's a good idea, tho. I think it would be a win/win for them and for players. *shrug*

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Got 1/11 Celes LMR, probably the best possible outcome for a 1/11 no disco pull. Debating whether to pull again on this banner or the ff8 banner 1....

:same:, even down to the "should I throw another pull here or at FF8-1".

Only 1 dupe (the LMR) on this banner vs 4 on FF8 (no discos), but getting Rinoa's earth USB on banner 1 suddenly makes me want all her other stuff.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fun fact: you can swap out some characters in record dungeons.

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I had no idea until I noticed that Ellara, Vivi, and Garnet didn't have lock icons on them.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Fun fact: you can swap out some characters in record dungeons.

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I had no idea until I noticed that Ellara, Vivi, and Garnet didn't have lock icons on them.

They literally tell you that you can do that in the game. :confused:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Elephant Ambush posted:

They literally tell you that you can do that in the game. :confused:

Yeah, first time it's an option there's a big ol' pop-up.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Honestly, I kinda liked not have to futz around with my party for the record dungeons. It was nice to know that I had everything I needed going in. I guess as long as the really tricky challenge battles don't get this I'm fine. Although you can make some pretty bad, but I don't think unwinnable parties with the standard dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This judge fight is annoying as gently caress. You wipe if the difference between Ghis and Bergan's HP is greater than 100k (good thing the game shows you HP values, right?). This pretty much means you can't bring w-cast materia because the second cast will always hit the target with the lowest %HP, making the gap even wider and potentially causing a wipe.