Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm a dedicated Jets hater and didn't know they have somehow only won the division twice since 1970. That can't possibly be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

i think they blow, but of course you're entitled to your opinion

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
First one, then the other

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

fsif posted:

I'm a dedicated Jets hater and didn't know they have somehow only won the division twice since 1970. That can't possibly be right.

The Jets are bad generally and those rare moments when they're good someone else in the division has a historically great team.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

The Jets are bad generally and those rare moments when they're good someone else in the division has a historically great team.

Exception that proves the rule but there was that one time the Sanchize took out Brady in Foxboro as the 6 seed

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

it's very broke brained to be a dedicated hater of a team that wins as little as the jets do.....

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
are you kidding it rules

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

imagine being a dedicated hater of a team that wins all the time. you'd be so mad, you'd never get payoff for like decades lol. hating the jets is easy mode

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

the reason people say "don't punch down" is you have to remind people it's bad because it feels insanely good. it's the best

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Phobeste posted:

imagine being a dedicated hater of a team that wins all the time. you'd be so mad, you'd never get payoff for like decades lol. hating the jets is easy mode

Most of us lived it for 20 years!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

it's very broke brained to be a dedicated hater of a team that wins as little as the jets do.....

Tell me more about being a Nets hater.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

Phobeste posted:

are you kidding it rules

Just End The Season.

Please do the funny again Rodgers.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Phobeste posted:

are you kidding it rules

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Phobeste posted:

the reason people say "don't punch down" is you have to remind people it's bad because it feels insanely good. it's the best

Lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

Tell me more about being a Nets hater.

yeah well i'm also broke brained.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Docjowles posted:

Exception that proves the rule but there was that one time the Sanchize took out Brady in Foxboro as the 6 seed

CAN'T WAIT

for Rodgers to make it past four snaps this season

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

CAN'T WAIT

for Rodgers to make it past four snaps this season

He only has two achilles, do you think he'll do his acls too this season?

tarbrush fucked around with this message at 10:28 on May 13, 2024

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

tarbrush posted:

He only has two achilles, do you think he'll do his acls too this season?

Just a full on double-leg explosion. First one, then the other shortly after

On 9/11

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1790028819161665652

WE ARE SO loving BACK!!!!!!!!!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hackett has such an amazing gig.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Not the OC but the guy who will run the show? I thought that was Aaron.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Jets tried to replace Hackett… and failed? What an incredible headline lol

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Just a full on double-leg explosion. First one, then the other shortly after

On 9/11

The fact that that happened on 9/11 after he ran out with a gigantic American flag is the ultimate smoking gun proof that football is scripted. It’s too perfect. You couldn’t write a wrestling storyline this good.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Nathaniel Hackett has an even better job than the backup QB that never has to play

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mayo flipping the usual "new coach removes foosball table to show he means business" bit. Hard to crack down when the old boss was already the grumpiest motherfucker on earth.

quote:

Without realizing it, Drake Maye turned a few heads at his introductory news conference by revealing a change within the New England Patriots that would’ve been unthinkable just a few months ago. During his first visit to the team’s locker room at Gillette Stadium, he spotted a basketball hoop. Maye played in high school. It made sense that it caught his eye. But to anyone who has kept up with the Pats, it was a stark change in a transformative era for the team.

A little later, videos surfaced of players riding bikes (linebacker Ja’Whaun Bentley later confirmed they were gifts last year) inside the locker room. Under Bill Belichick, such activities were unimaginable. The facility was a place of work and was not for meaningless games or away-from-football activities.

https://theathletic.com/5483542/2024/05/13/jerod-mayo-patriots-do-your-job/

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Docjowles posted:

The Jets tried to replace Hackett… and failed? What an incredible headline lol

How is that possible lmao

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

How is that possible lmao

That would be an outrageously toxic position, heh. Your true role could never be reflected in the actual title and you'd weirdly have to argue with both Rodgers and Hackett? I can't think of a more nonsensical arrangement.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hackett wasn't even the OC in Green Bay!!! The Jets 100% DID NOT have to bring him in as OC and give him full power and playcalling duties. They CHOSE to do that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Aristojets

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They haven’t even tried co - OCs so I mean this is amateur hour

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They should setup a system where the double ultra secret OC has to relay all the calls through Hackett before they get to Rodgers.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Amy Pole Her posted:

They haven’t even tried co - OCs so I mean this is amateur hour

Hackett and Gase, what could go wrong?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They should setup a system where the double ultra secret OC has to relay all the calls through Hackett before they get to Rodgers.

This would never work, Rodgers is a master at seeing through conspiracies

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I love the idea of Hackett yelling into a Fisher Price headset while some hidden cloaked figure whispers the real plays into a voice modulator

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1790081327196176868?t=-Hop0zmGXuBVVwFQqrcUOQ&s=19

Wonder what Holland's shooting for.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

. . . who would then change it on the line to whatever he thinks it should be

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

They should give Hackett a pretend headset and playcall sheet like my brother-in-law gives his 4-year old an unconnected controller while he’s playing games

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Patrick Paul is loving huge.

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1789782706294841588#m

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tua really gonna get $50+ mil huh? gently caress

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Paul looks like an optical illusion