Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HGH posted:

So you're fishing for 1/9 chance out of all these? For some reason I thought it was class specific.

it is but its knights (artoria, altera, john, orion, mortred, arjuna, karna, tesla, lalter) and cavalry for the 2 banners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

HGH posted:

So you're fishing for 1/9 chance out of all these? For some reason I thought it was class specific.

There are to banners this time: Sabers, Lancers, Archers, and Normal Jeanne on one, and Riders, Casters, Assassins, and Berserkers on the other. 9 servants on the knights banner, 10 on the cavalry banner.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 23, 2018

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

HGH posted:

There'll be a class-specific split next time, but it's only two-way this time. It might be a 1/8 chance instead because it's earlier in the schedule, at least.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My biggest gripe about the whole "needing to keep utility servants in the wings for tricksy content" thing is that Servants are so thirsty for XP. I mean, for 30-40 AP, you get 9 xp cards, you can give a servant up to 20 at a time, and then you factor in Ascensions and leveling skills, and even a 3* servant ends up being a pretty big investment.

I'm fine with the idea of keeping useful servants around for strategy, but goddamn, I can only feed so many.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

outside of mash and hans and probably Cu who do you not have levelled up already

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

the_steve posted:

My biggest gripe about the whole "needing to keep utility servants in the wings for tricksy content" thing is that Servants are so thirsty for XP. I mean, for 30-40 AP, you get 9 xp cards, you can give a servant up to 20 at a time, and then you factor in Ascensions and leveling skills, and even a 3* servant ends up being a pretty big investment.

I'm fine with the idea of keeping useful servants around for strategy, but goddamn, I can only feed so many.

The trick is to level your favorites first and then utility Servants secondary. This trick also only works if you've been playing from the start, I suppose.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

the_steve posted:

What else are you doing with your AP if it isn't hand farming? I've got nearly every 3* and below Lancer or Archer at whatever level cap they can reach without taking rare ascension mats. (David can stay at 60 I'm not giving him hearts.) Many other classes are in a similar boat. I've been playing since Halloween.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I just largely don't bother grinding EXP except when events are running, since you get a lot more XP for your time that way

this may be related to why I consistently fail to succeed at high-level content

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

In general I'd say not everyone actively plays the game when there's not an event or new singularity out.

Half off embers is generally the only thing that can really entice me during those periods.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Well I've been playing for 50 days so I don't think it's surprising that I don't have everything leveled up already, just four of my 5* servants, one of my 4* servants and Mash. Iskander still needs his last ascension and I have a bunch of other servants waiting in line at level 30-60 depending on what ascension mats I have available and how many exp cards I get.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I haven't missed a login yet since day one, but some days I don't have the time or cellphone service to actually play for long.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There's nothing wrong with taking it easy! There is no time limit to most of the content that "matters" and anything you do miss will generally come back around anyway. It does a good job of getting its hooks into you for the general grinding loop unfortunately but having been at this for close to a year I can easily see why plenty of people would not want to go at it like crazy all the time.

I'd think of it this way: there is only so many ways DW can make this sort of game challenging at this point, and not liable to simply be broken by having that one great support servant or one great DPS. It makes sense to me that every now and then they try to design content that really depends on having a lot of different pieces in a lot of different areas to get through it. So long as they don't gate major parts of the game's experience behind it I think that is a well enough way to go about it. In the case of Rashomon there's a reason why players need to have completed America, while the next event (JttW) only requires Fuyuki. Even just clearing the 2BP through the event is still going to net some decent rewards they would not have gotten otherwise.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I wish I could do a meaningful 3bp but I've only managed to do like ~2m damage while cuzilla/lancer cu stalling. It's kind of fun beating out the timer though.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Thanks to Clawtopsy's Marie getting me over the hump, and managing to get some of my own CEs, I'm doing way better and BP2 is super simple now, with Jack taking off 600kish with her NP, 900kish if it's a full quick combo + extra attack, which is easy enough to clean up with Altera without any issue.

Though from what everyone else says, I'm assuming I'm nowhere near ready for BP3 :v:

What does MLBing the Uchi CE do? I'm not sure if I wanna clear the store to do so or just go for materials now.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

There's nothing wrong with taking it easy! There is no time limit to most of the content that "matters" and anything you do miss will generally come back around anyway. It does a good job of getting its hooks into you for the general grinding loop unfortunately but having been at this for close to a year I can easily see why plenty of people would not want to go at it like crazy all the time.

I'd think of it this way: there is only so many ways DW can make this sort of game challenging at this point, and not liable to simply be broken by having that one great support servant or one great DPS. It makes sense to me that every now and then they try to design content that really depends on having a lot of different pieces in a lot of different areas to get through it. So long as they don't gate major parts of the game's experience behind it I think that is a well enough way to go about it. In the case of Rashomon there's a reason why players need to have completed America, while the next event (JttW) only requires Fuyuki. Even just clearing the 2BP through the event is still going to net some decent rewards they would not have gotten otherwise.

I'd legitimately be less sour about this event if half off embers had preceded it because it's just kind of too late for me to invest in a bunch of pieces I've had no reason to touch. I don't necessarily mind the playstyle change so much as no avenue being offered to more easily prep for it in the leadup.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Gloomy Rube posted:

Thanks to Clawtopsy's Marie getting me over the hump, and managing to get some of my own CEs, I'm doing way better and BP2 is super simple now, with Jack taking off 600kish with her NP, 900kish if it's a full quick combo + extra attack, which is easy enough to clean up with Altera without any issue.

Though from what everyone else says, I'm assuming I'm nowhere near ready for BP3 :v:

What does MLBing the Uchi CE do? I'm not sure if I wanna clear the store to do so or just go for materials now.

The Ushiwakamaru CE should be MLB'd asap, it increases the damage modifier from 200% to 300%, which is a heck of a boost.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Main Paineframe posted:

I just largely don't bother grinding EXP except when events are running, since you get a lot more XP for your time that way

:same:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Extremely frustrating to go from being able to reasonably clear assassin day 3bp to not even being able to survive saber 3bp, oh well

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for the advice earlier, thread, I finally managed to clear the 3 BP node with Orion/Tamamo/Waver after having burned all 3 command seals on earlier attempts. Got good RNG so that I was able to control the fight well with NPs. It's a nice feeling of accomplishment!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Killed By Death posted:

Extremely frustrating to go from being able to reasonably clear assassin day 3bp to not even being able to survive saber 3bp, oh well

I imagine that'll be a shared feeling come Rider day.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'd legitimately be less sour about this event if half off embers had preceded it because it's just kind of too late for me to invest in a bunch of pieces I've had no reason to touch. I don't necessarily mind the playstyle change so much as no avenue being offered to more easily prep for it in the leadup.

which 3* stars do you not have levelled?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i mean it'd be easier to ask which are levelled, considering how many 3 stars there are in the game

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Aurora posted:

i mean it'd be easier to ask which are levelled, considering how many 3 stars there are in the game

yea sure that

tho I was asking of the relevelent 'utility' FP servants like Hans, Mash, Cu, Madea, Caesar, Robin

e: And I guess Wolfgang and Arash

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 24, 2018

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hans is 2*

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Kild posted:

which 3* stars do you not have levelled?

Robin's still a few levels shy of maxed out, Hans about 10, George hasn't even hit 4th ascension yet, and neither have Cu or Caesar. Arash and Mozart are level 1.

Mind that this is also the situation after putting every single ember from gourds + the mana prism ember sets to use (though some of those went to Carmilla and Ushi). I had straight up not invested in George at all, for instance. Of course all of those got used up without a single great or super success so the levelling was about as inefficient as it could get.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
George can get away with not being maxed out. If anything you should keep a level 1 spare George around since he gets a little TOO tanky sometimes and you need him to die so your units can cycle in.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

PSA.: The new banner on jp also has the gudaguda nurse ce. Maybe the only exception to the don.'t roll for ces rule.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

genericnick posted:

PSA.: The new banner on jp also has the gudaguda nurse ce. Maybe the only exception to the don.'t roll for ces rule.

what CE is that?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Poster Girl, from the original event, has taunt and +60% atk for 3t.

taser rates fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 24, 2018

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

genericnick posted:

2030 broke that rule already!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Is Ibaraki immune to instant death or is it technically possible, in the grand kaleidoscope of possibilities, to murder her in one turn?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

There are people who have managed to procc Shiki's insta-kill on her, but remember Servants are almost immune to it, so don't bank on it.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

How does the formula work anyways? I feel like skeletons have a 75% chance of instadeath proccing or something.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

serefin99 posted:

There are people who have managed to procc Shiki's insta-kill on her, but remember Servants are almost immune to it, so don't bank on it.

Hm, I wonder if you get the damage points

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Proving once again that the quickest way to solve a problem is to bitch about it on a forum, the next attempt after I made my last post, I fully cleared BP3 again. Feels good to wipe the hands out in one turn.

Billzasilver posted:

How does the formula work anyways? I feel like skeletons have a 75% chance of instadeath proccing or something.
Each unit has it's own "death rate", which is multiplied by the skill's hit rate. For instance, a non-overcharged Assassin Shiki NP has a hit rate of 100%. A Spriggan has a death rate of 5%. So Shiki's default chance to instantly kill Spriggan is 5% (1 * 0.05 = 0.05). This is further multiplied by any death chance up or death chance down effects. To continue our Shiki example, Level 10 Mystic Eyes of Death Perception decreases their death resist by 100% - no, this doesn't remove it entirely, instead it doubles their death rate. So if Shiki uses Mystic Eyes on Spriggan then fires a non-overcharged NP, you have a 10% chance to instantly kill Spriggan (1 * 0.05 * 2 = 0.1). The full formula (stolen from Kyte's blog!) is hitRate * deathRate * (1 - instantDeathResistUp + instantDeathResistDown)

Generic skeleton enemies, as you noticed, normally have a 100% death rate. Most chapter end bosses and challenge quest bosses have a death rate of 0.2%.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Main Paineframe posted:

I do the opposite because mat drop rates are pretty bad outside events and usually I'm not hurting with gems or monuments since I tend to clear the shops. Plus I like that feeling of a servant being leveled up. :v:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kild posted:

flo
xuanzang
tom
waver
vlad
drake
medb
ozy
cu alter
5 rare prisms

In this order please and thank you DW

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Decided to do two more ten rolls for Shuten. First roll gave me NP2 Astolfo which I'm pretty happy about since I plan to grail him at some point. The second roll though, HOLY poo poo

Not gonna lie, I lost my poo poo when the second golden Assassin card came up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think it's pretty badass and not bullshit at all that reviving through Guts doesn't do away with status effects. At the very least, the skill seal and stun didn't go anywhere on my Cu after he came back up. I had one turn left, and no way to pop protection from arrows.

Thanks for teaching me this, game. I'm definitely not salty. Not a bit. Even a tad.

:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Retcon posted:

Decided to do two more ten rolls for Shuten. First roll gave me NP2 Astolfo which I'm pretty happy about since I plan to grail him at some point. The second roll though, HOLY poo poo

Not gonna lie, I lost my poo poo when the second golden Assassin card came up.

Congrats! :haw: