Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

thylacine posted:

I'm on Season 3. The episode where Kess was turned into a crazy warlord was pretty good. It's nice they continued that story about the Ferengi from TNG. All in all it's about 25% good. Did Chakotay actually bang Janeway or did VOY finding the cure block him soon enough?

Janeway wouldn't have let him near her even if they lived out the rest of their lives on that planet. Diktator Janeway must be in control at all times :manning:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

naem posted:

Imagine the reaction from another dimension when you try to explain that where you're from Trump is the president

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

We're in the timeline where Biff Tannen runs Hill Valley.

Can you imagine if they remade Back to the Future?

Doc: Then tell me, future boy, who's President of the United States in 2018?

Marty: Donald Trump

Doc: Just how loving stupid do you think I am?

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 17, 2018

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why would JJ need to watch any Star Trek before making his lame rear end demo reel to get the Star Wars movies?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Didn’t we see the Nemesis dune buggy in the background on the rebel planet? In Disco

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 18, 2018

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, why would it be weird to expect someone in that position to have a depth and breadth of Trek knowledge?

It's not like you look at any other job and go "It's probably crazy and insane to expect a machinist to know a lot about machining. I mean, all those different bits? And so many metals?!?"

I'm going to make the argument though that Trek is such a pop culture thing that you can possibly get away with just the major themes of the concept and using that to tell a story you want to tell because the general franchise is so familiar to people. They know the charactesr, they know the roles they play, they know the setting, they know the ship. If you're wanting that mass audience appeal, and because it's a semi-reboot, anyway, you might care more about hitting those well-known things and telling something new than being weighed down by minutia of past stories.

I guess for example, a lot of stuff in the Burton Batman movies are not really canon with the comics, I think Burton himself was not a comics fan, but those movies I feel are still pretty good and most fans like them. Similarly, I thought in Jodorowsky's Dune, he wanted to make that movie with ZERO knowledge of the source material and the general fandom consensus some 40 or so years later was that it would have been great.

You do get things, on the other hand, I think like JJ Abrams WTF pitch for Superman, though.

But I don't think I look at Burton's Batman, for all its changes from fan-approved continuity of the source material, and feel like it's not a legitmate Batman movie.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I barely remember the wonder years but I did not remember this fellow being in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St8vTYfaYck

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
remember the time a sentient cumstain almost took over the nx-01? lol

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Lamebot posted:

remember the time a sentient cumstain almost took over the nx-01? lol

i know she looked hot in the skin tight unitard with her huge boobs but it's rude to call t'pol that

naem
May 29, 2011

sentient cumstain describes adolescent me watching this show

Jolene call me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wow I can't believe they got away with showing the vagina bones. That never would have gotten past Nintendo of America

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

TPol, report to the decon gel chamber with the hunky southernern, this episode needs something memorable.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I always thought she looked ten times hotter with the vulcan hairdo than with long hair

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Concur.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

naem posted:

sentient cumstain describes adolescent me watching this show

Jolene call me

I imagine bottom right is actually the expression Blalock wore daily as she discovered what her role would actually entail.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What? Belts function differently in the MU. I read that somewhere...

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Please tell me Jellico makes more tv appearances, he's awesome

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Yes he is, but no he doesn't

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I wonder what Q is like in the mirror universe

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's P

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

We already have amoebas.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm sure there's a canon answer, but does the Continuum exist outside the parallel worlds? Like, does Q also gently caress with mirror Picard all the time?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

P is for Picard

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I enjoy "Star Trek."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BSG season 4: Baltar lives in Quark's Vulcan Loveslave holosuite program.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ITS FRIDAY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5N4CsNE-eg

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
BSG Chat: I forgot about Head Baltar appearing to real Baltar and how fantastic that was.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Welp, now we know why Lorca is a meanie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

The Traveler is mirror universe Q

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Tuvok was attacked by shadow people!

:ohdear:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

numberoneposter posted:

Tuvok was attacked by shadow people!

:ohdear:

They were actually cloaked aliens that space Mulder had been chasing his entire career.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Tuvok bakes a mean cake.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Lol eating the Sarus is the best thing in STD so far

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tuvok makes a bean cake

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So, no talk about Crewman Splatt? That's some serious Tarantino cribbing right there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
BSG, season 4: let's see how long we can spin the wheels until something interesting happens.

They've already hosed the Cylon plot up to no end. Dean Stockwell is the only villain Cylon who even gets to do anything anymore. Roslin is going insane, and reports of Starbucks death have been greatly exaggerated, except they do nothing with her resurrection.

Seeing head baltar show up and suggest Gaius bang more people was entertaining though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jose Oquendo posted:

Welp, now we know why Lorca is a meanie.

LOL. Captain Grimdark suddenly makes sense. I wonder if Lorca Prime died with his crew, or if he was murdered by Lorca Dark?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Maybe they'll be able to turn on some more lights now

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So not having seen the episode I presume by this chat that the most heavily telegraphed twist in television did in fact happen?

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

evilmiera posted:

So not having seen the episode I presume by this chat that the most heavily telegraphed twist in television did in fact happen?

Yeah. They faked you out for like 2 minutes right before then did the reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

so they ate one of the main characters?