Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

Reince is the kind of guy who hits a portrait of Reagan with a bottle of whiskey

after a few swigs he pours the whiskey onto the mouth of the painting

open up, happy train's a comin! chooo choooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

exploding mummy posted:

lady in the water - in which people defend an author and a nymph so the world can be saved. shymalan cast himself as said author

Don't forget that the movie critic who negatively reviews the author's stuff gets eaten by the movie monster in the most self-indulgent scene in cinema history. OK, maybe the second-most self-indulgent scene in cinema history after Godzilla 1998 when Godzilla kills Siskel and Ebert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6G3nEU0sX8

Here's the Lady in the Water scene. This is literally embarrassing to watch.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh man so Caitlyn Jenner is going to be speaking at the RNC, I hope they pan the cameras so we can watch the attendees squirm as they deal with the conflicting emotions of a trans person supporting them

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this is why i keep saying the guy who got fired from espn for being virulently transphobic needs to be speaking at the convention! future hall of famer curt schilling, he of the bloody sock

its been said by greater baseball minds than i (i know, right? but there are some) that joe torre was a fuckup jackass (not their words) for not telling his hitters to bunt at the mound and make the crippled jackass (still not their words) field some balls

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

oystertoadfish posted:

i cant wait until we see paul ryans Lawnmower Tweet

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

this is why i keep saying the guy who got fired from espn for being virulently transphobic needs to be speaking at the convention! future hall of famer curt schilling, he of the bloody sock

Oh god yesssss

Put them right next to each other, like they did at CPAC with the Log Cabin Republicans and the DEATH TO GAYS church org

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i like to imagine that we wouldnt just be electing donald wed be electing the whole trump family.

i like that with the bush and clinton clans, they were at least polite / devious enough to be subtle about the fact that they were slowly trying to cement all of the political power in the executive branch of the government behind one of two dynastic clans, which would then just take turns rotating out every eight years on which clan was temporarily in charge. bush was old money from back east, and the clintons were the new money bumpkins; playing the klampets to the bush's dowager countess. it wasn't ideal, but it at least had the facade of legitimacy.

then TRUMP and his brood of ill-begotten misfits come storming into town like the goddamn vandals of yore and actually manage to make people motherfucking nostalgic for the status quo from the W years. how anyone can make japes about the ted cruz looking like a horrible fish monster without realizing that eric TRUMP was summoned from the same spawning pool is beyond my ability to fathom.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Epic High Five posted:

Oh man so Caitlyn Jenner is going to be speaking at the RNC, I hope they pan the cameras so we can watch the attendees squirm as they deal with the conflicting emotions of a trans person supporting them

there is a market for this on predictit back on 6.12.15, still active

https://www.predictit.org/home/SingleOption?marketId=1447

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mannerup posted:

there is a market for this on predictit back on 6.12.15, still active

https://www.predictit.org/home/SingleOption?marketId=1447

Oh yeah, when I mentioned that she brought it up on her terrible new show somebody bought a bunch with plans to short sell. I hope that worked out for them, was it you?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Epic High Five posted:

Oh yeah, when I mentioned that she brought it up on her terrible new show somebody bought a bunch with plans to short sell. I hope that worked out for them, was it you?

not me, i just remember it was an oddly specific market that somehow may come to fruition in the craziest of timelines

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mannerup posted:

not me, i just remember it was an oddly specific market that somehow may come to fruition in the craziest of timelines

life is simply unfair.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Speaking of Predictit, I think Ivanka Trump for VP at only 2 cents is criminally underpriced. You know that's where Trump's heart is, and Manafort has to desperately restrain him at all hours from pulling the trigger on it. Making Ivanka VP is the only trick Donald Trump has left to try to offer her something her absurdly wealthy husband can't and try to win her over to be Trump's 4th wife once President Trump legalizes father-daughter marriage.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

We should ask Joe, I hear he's never wrong

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

its been said by greater baseball minds than i (i know, right? but there are some) that joe torre was a fuckup jackass (not their words) for not telling his hitters to bunt at the mound and make the crippled jackass (still not their words) field some balls

Well that would be a "chickenshit" move. :anime:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

oystertoadfish posted:

i wonder if the pope told boehner all this was gonna happen and thats why boehner's been so happy this whole time

boehner knew full well which way the wind was blowing

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Trump is actually a Papist sleeper agent. That's why he keeps doubling down on the star thing.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

Well that would be a "chickenshit" move. :anime:

youd think the yankees would get that winning is the only thing that matters

i was all for the red sox winning in 04 but in retrospect the yankees making a guy break his ankle and tap dancing on his corpse to win the pennant wouldve been so much better than our timeline

and this is why we cant make the same mistake again with the cubs

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I really think Toddler Grip would allow any celebrity on stage so long as they stroked his egodick the day before.

Like Al Gore could get 15 minutes of prime time talking about polar bears or whatever so long as he talked about how Donald Trump will be the greatest president ever.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
So...Dr. Ben Carson is going to give a speech, right? Right?

Somehow Carson manages to both be the most boring man on the planet and stunningly exciting at the same time.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

exploding mummy posted:

Yeah he had sixth sense, unbreakable, and signs which were great and well received

Then it must fell off a cliff

Night seems like a personally cool dude but he desperately needs people to reign him in. When he got famous he was given a lot of room to work and just careened off a cliff like you said.
My mom says the nurse who delivered me was Night's mom

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Patter Song posted:

So...Dr. Ben Carson is going to give a speech, right? Right?

Somehow Carson manages to both be the most boring man on the planet and stunningly exciting at the same time.

Getting Carson to speak would make sense even if he wasn't involved in the campaign. He's a speaking circuit darling

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Where's the schedule you orange screaming fascist clown

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

MaxNV posted:

If he's going for pure value, less we forget that the McDouble is "the cheapest, most nutritious and bountiful food that has ever existed in human history".

http://nypost.com/2013/07/28/the-greatest-food-in-human-history/
I brought this up in a conversation a few weeks ago but I couldn't find the article about it, thank you for posting it. Surely rice and beans are a healthier and cheaper option? I suppose they do say their source is a comment on a blog and not some actual study

Aliquid posted:

joe mentioned that vic loving berger is going to be on chapo trap house two pages ago and you idiots strolled right on past

monday can't get here fast enough

And they're doing a live show in Philly after the DNC at some batting cages in honour of the Baseball Crank. I think I'm going to go, hopefully the whole city is not on lockdown.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

donald trump is a #BrotherNero who needs to be DELETED in Cleveland! #BROKENPaulRyan

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

oystertoadfish posted:

Curt left the taxpayers of Rhode Island with a multi million dollar loan that his bogus vanity video game company defaulted on then folded

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al! posted:

you dont know ZIZEK

Sergio Cantone: “Donald Trump. The phenomenon of Donald Trump.So the US is facing a kind of revolutionary period?”
Slayoj Zizek: “Of course, Trump is personally disgusting, bad racist jokes, vulgarities and so on. But at the same time did you notice how he said some very correct things about Palestine and Israel? He said we should also see Palestinian interests and approach the situation in a more neutral way. He said we should not just antagonise Russia, find a dialogue there. He was even for higher minimal wages. He hinted that he would not like simply to cancel Obama’s universal health care, Obama care …”
Sergio Cantone: “He is a liberal centrist …”
Slayoj Zizek: “Yes! That’s my provocative thesis! That if you scrap this ridiculous and, I admit it, dangerous surface, he is a much more opportunist candidate and his actual politics perhaps will not be so bad.”

oh nasty

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Al! posted:

Curt left the taxpayers of Rhode Island with a multi million dollar loan that his bogus vanity video game company defaulted on then folded

It was a legit videogame company , he just took out a ton of loans

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
This seem a little weirdly flirty to anyone else

Hillary's goals for first 100 days in office per NYT:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That sounds awful

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Heh, that's cute. But probably because drinking has been so associated with gop leadership here

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

TheTatteredKing posted:

Heh, that's cute. But probably because drinking has been so associated with gop leadership here

hillary_drinks_wine_correspondents_dinner.gif

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Hopefully poisoned drinks

Caros
May 14, 2008

oystertoadfish posted:

it would be really funny if after ryan retires he tweets a picture of himself getting run over by a lawnmower tho i like that thought

Exclusive new footage of Paul Ryan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7hzX7HEQU8

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Ben Carson ran over a childhood friend with a lawnmower.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

SirPablo posted:

Luckily the friend was wearing a Sheriff's badge, which jammed the lawnmower blades

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

She didn't specify what she'd be serving them. I'm surprised the NYT wasn't quick enough to ask. Maybe they were too scared

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i guess this whole thing relaly goes to show how far out of touch thedemocrats and hillarinoes are

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

Like...recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Would Ivanka be the first Jew on a major party ticket?

Oh wait Lieberman.

• Locked thread