Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

More like sthe no thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

More like sthe no thanks

Sthenot even once.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Juliet > Stheno.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
And Rider Ibaraki is downed, despite being easily the hardest yet with the most damage needed in a short time frame, NA did not break a sweat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it's actually loving annoying. I don't want to use this useless rear end kintoki.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
http://fate-go.us/event_sanzang/

Journey to the West comes. May 31st to June 13th, so it starts right after Rashomon ends.

looking forward to not doing this event

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'll write up a summary of what to do, because it's basically requiring you to do 1000 ap before you can even access the third currency.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:shepicide:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Tae posted:

I'll write up a summary of what to do, because it's basically requiring you to do 1000 ap before you can even access the third currency.

hahaha what the gently caress

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
it was still bad on the rerun in jp so good luck y’all

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
have fun grinding so you can start grinding again!!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Ok Sanzang's NP looks loving sick.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

EXTRA Saver just chilling

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
Been saving my SQ for Punch Caster for a long while now. I'm prepared to be dissappointed!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

How is Xuanzang anyway? I'm tempted to throw some tickets and a 10-roll at the banner, but it's somewhat tempered by knowing that if I get her/a 5* there's likely no way I'm getting Squirtoria since I've been on a one 5* per ~100 rolls kind of luck.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

She's in the Cavs paid gacha roulette, and she has a solo rate up next year. Plus, she's a permanent servant so it's always possible for her to spook you.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Ok Sanzang's NP looks loving sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaHjigr63Nk

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Finally day 7 is here. I want my 5 Yggdrasil seeds.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

my FGO vacation continues

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Kild posted:

Shuten can't even reliably kill the hands for me (farming 2BP w. 3 drop cards)

It takes level 10 waver attack buff, level 7 plugsuit, level 10 tamamo arts buff, and 6/6/x shuten self buffs to get her to kill the hands. NP interlude when, DW

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

What? No it isn't. By day three you'll have enough tickets purely from 1AP bonus quests to unlock the Advanced free quest, and until then you have access to the best nodes for farming the bronze and silver currencies so you're not going to be wasting your AP.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Oh Snapple! posted:

How is Xuanzang anyway? I'm tempted to throw some tickets and a 10-roll at the banner, but it's somewhat tempered by knowing that if I get her/a 5* there's likely no way I'm getting Squirtoria since I've been on a one 5* per ~100 rolls kind of luck.

She's arguably the best offensive Caster and is one of the few with a Single Target Noble Phantasm.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Thanks to this event I've gotten off my rear end and started upgrading skills a bit more. Mash is now maxed, Waver is maxed, got a few others up a fair bit. Also now ascending a bunch of low star servants I'd been putting off. Starting to feel the crush for feathers, but since a lot of what I wanted was already done its not a huge deal.

E: Once I kick my Rimworld addiction I'll need to do interludes too.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 26, 2018

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
Gearing up for Go West, I didn't know David was a Bonus Servant. Holy poo poo his Skills are good. No bad 3 Star Archers, indeed.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Guess I can try to bring up Stheno as well for this event.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
...Eeeeh, you want 20 million damage done for the quests? Shuten, aren't you being a little too demanding?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

30 million "today". But there's plenty of time and four free refills.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's my guide for the next few servants! Shuten, Xuanzang, and the Onigashima gang.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

It takes level 10 waver attack buff, level 7 plugsuit, level 10 tamamo arts buff, and 6/6/x shuten self buffs to get her to kill the hands. NP interlude when, DW

What? No it doesn't. I have my own Shuten and she's clearing the hands pretty handily Level 6 Waver, Level 10 Tamamo, Level 6 Plugsuit, and Level 2 on her attack buffs (no, I don't pop Alcoholic Fruit first because I like to try and stunlock Ibaraki).

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

serefin99 posted:

What? No it doesn't. I have my own Shuten and she's clearing the hands pretty handily Level 6 Waver, Level 10 Tamamo, Level 6 Plugsuit, and Level 2 on her attack buffs (no, I don't pop Alcoholic Fruit first because I like to try and stunlock Ibaraki).

Maybe, I know it didn't work without the Tamamo buff, and if I didn't pop the plugsuit buff a low roll on damage would leave a hand alive. Unless I severely hosed up and forgot to press multiple buttons that run.

(forgot, mine was with 2x mlb carp and no ushi ce)

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 26, 2018

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

here's my guide for the next few servants! Shuten, Xuanzang, and the Onigashima gang.

Who are the other ST casters referenced in Xuang's writeup, the late EoR ones?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Motto posted:

Circe and Sheba, yes, are the only other decent offensive Casters. Both of them arrive during Salem, i.e. 19 months from now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

Yeah. Circe's okay though you bring her more for her guaranteed stun on her NP than the damage on it, and Sheba's just a decent damage servant, like Nursery with a single target NP but no star weight buff.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Xuanzang benefits from Merlin's buster up in terms of doing supreme damage. Not that there aren't quick or arts ups, but buster meta gonna buster meta. It's just that the rest of her kit doesn't do a lot for making her supreme god ST caster.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Sheba has strength in critting. I find her tricky to use though since she doesn't feel as straightforward compared to Sanzang.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Xuang's main thing is spamming her NP. She can get about an NP every other turn when all her skills are on cooldown.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sheba can NP > Arts > Arts and get some decent mileage out of that in terms of spamming her NP, especially if she crits on the Arts cards. Though I'd only rate her like 7.5. Realistically the best solution to Assassin bosses is just Mecha-Liz once she exists, though Sheba works pretty well with her.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

(forgot, mine was with 2x mlb carp and no ushi ce)

That would explain it. I've got MLB Ushi on her, it's pretty nice.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Kotarou and Sanzang are kinda underrated here. The former has really amazing utility in that he makes any CC you chuck out a confirmed hit. For example, a Hassan of Serenity/Kotaro/Waver teamcomp has three NP drains, a guaranteed teamwide stun, 20% attack down, and all of Waver's buffs at its disposal, which is just a ridiculous level of stall. Kotaro + Tesla equals a ton of teamwide stuns too, and so on and so forth. He's sneaky-great at keeping enemies locked down with proper support, is what I'm saying - something like Chevalier d'Eon + Kotaro is a pretty stupid defensive core too since suddenly all those no-chance Charms d'Eon tosses out are sure hits. Sanzang, on the other hand, has really broken NP gain, particularly against multihitting enemies. Against something like the Hassans, she'll build a crazy amount of gauge with her taunt while taking no damage, which is pretty awesome. I feel like you could easily bump each one up a notch (two notches in Kotaro's case because on top of that his NP is more or less a 'push butan get 50 stars' effect if you're facing three enemies).

Transient People fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah both of those are fair, i havent messed with them much. its just a my opinions thing, not a word of god simulator, so people should feel free to toss in their own thoughts.