Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WonkyBob posted:

"The FBI still have no leads in the mysterious disappearance of Jack Sweeney"

They're not going to investigate themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

https://twitter.com/AlexnotAlecs/status/297734674967588865

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Baron von Eevl posted:

"Usurper dies in exile" might be a more fitting headline. Phil or nothing.
Agreed.

But at the same time "it didn't see its shadow".

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
There's an episode of Viva La Bam where they go to see Punxatawny Phil and he pisses all over his handler while Bam Margera laughs maniacally.

Phil rules.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1489023697079963653

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

*eye twitching*

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Bam Margera, on the other hand…

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1489028577651830790?t=7nUafKz0X1AreZPdFcjNfg&s=19

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It's not quite as bad as it sounds, it's a newly-built yacht they built at shipyard upstream from the bridge, and they need to disassemble the bridge to get it out to sea.

quote:

Bezos’s gigantic, 430-million-euro ($485m) yacht is too big for the iconic Koningshaven Bridge, which dates from 1878 and was rebuilt after being bombed by the Nazis in 1940 during the second world war.

The shipyard building the three-masted mammoth in Alblasserdam, near Rotterdam, has asked the local council to remove the bridge’s central section so it can pass through.

“It’s the only route to the sea,” a spokesperson for the mayor of Rotterdam told AFP, adding that the Amazon owner would foot the bill for the operation.

The decision has angered some in the Netherlands as the local council promised after a major renovation in 2017 that it would never again dismantle the bridge, known to Rotterdammers as De Hef.

The mayor’s office emphasised the economic benefits and jobs created by the construction of the boat, but promised that the bridge would be rebuilt in its current form.

The middle section of the huge steel-girdered bridge will be removed to give enough clearance for the 40-metre (130-foot) high boat, Dutch media reported.
gently caress the rich for the stupidity of the whole thing of course, but it's not like Bezos just ordered them to move the bridge so he could pleasure-cruise up the Rhine.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Knormal posted:

It's not quite as bad as it sounds, it's a newly-built yacht they built at shipyard upstream from the bridge, and they need to disassemble the bridge to get it out to sea.

gently caress the rich for the stupidity of the whole thing of course, but it's not like Bezos just ordered them to move the bridge so he could pleasure-cruise up the Rhine.

I mean that is as bad as it sounds yeah.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So why did they not measure the exit before building the boat?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zil posted:

So why did they not measure the exit before building the boat?

And risk losing the contract to build a 430-million-euro boat? LOL why would a private company do that?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Because saying “I’m sorry Mr. Bezos, but we can’t build so ostentatious a yacht, there is a bridge in the way.” was just out of the question.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You build the yacht then :shrug: Sorry bro we can't remove a historic bridge, also here's the fees for keeping the yacht in dock until you sort it out have fun. What? We just build yachts we don't remove bridges why are you angry at us you wanted it this big we assumed you knew.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pathetic. When I'm a billionaire I'm going to build my superyachts to have submarine capability so they can go wherever, whenever.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I mean Jesus Christ

But also spoilers for a show that hasn't even started airing yet is pretty lovely for a news organization to just tweet

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Croccers posted:

You build the yacht then :shrug: Sorry bro we can't remove a historic bridge, also here's the fees for keeping the yacht in dock until you sort it out have fun. What? We just build yachts we don't remove bridges why are you angry at us you wanted it this big we assumed you knew.

That's a fun idea but I'm sure they worked this out ahead of time.

He offered money, they accepted, now the billionaire has less money and the bridge will be fine. That part isn't really a problem, unlike the part about the council breaking promises.

If anything take more of his money and rebuild more bridges.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Bloop posted:

I mean Jesus Christ

But also spoilers for a show that hasn't even started airing yet is pretty lovely for a news organization to just tweet

Spoiling dumbass shows with dumbass hosts and dumbass guests watched by dumbasses is praxis.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"IL* Reveals: One of Suspects in Vantaa** Jail Killing Detained for Närpiö*** Tomato Skein"

*) Iltalehti, the name of the tabloid.
**) A town near Leningrad, has a jail
***) A town in Ostrobothnia, known for tomato farming

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/dillonliam/status/1488998508292022272

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Everyone in Woodside is a rich shithead rear end in a top hat.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1489174320953929734

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Massive cougar population you say? :heysexy:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

In case anyone missed the relevant part, Bezos isn't paying for the dismantle. That's on the taxpayers. For the benefit of "job creation" aka Benzos high sees fleet cruiser.

On top of everything they couldn't even make the thing look good like the NS Savannah or something. The state of esthetics among the amoral in the 21st century, I tells ya, it's a crime

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/AP_Oddities/status/1488923960695828483

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Agent Redhat has been compromised?!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Knormal posted:

How much does a surplus PT boat cost?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

In case anyone missed the relevant part, Bezos isn't paying for the dismantle. That's on the taxpayers. For the benefit of "job creation" aka Benzos high sees fleet cruiser.

That's not what the article says:

quote:

“It’s the only route to the sea,” a spokesperson for the mayor of Rotterdam told AFP, adding that the Amazon owner would foot the bill for the operation.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
e: nope. Too dark.

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Feb 3, 2022

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The St. Lawrence spurting out of the tip is the glazing on the cake.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

EasilyConfused posted:

That's not what the article says:

Well it could have been true and I could have been right :downs: At least the boat is still ugly

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Spoiling dumbass shows with dumbass hosts and dumbass guests watched by dumbasses is praxis.

spoiling is axiomatically bad and intentionally doing it to people who don't want it done to them makes you a jerk

not broadcasting a jerk signal indiscriminately is "praxis" (whatever the hell that means today)

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Why don't they just lower the Rhine?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

I'm okay with this but only if they have to release mountain lions into the neighborhood and keep them around to prove it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Related:

https://twitter.com/rmac18/status/1488611221242671105?s=21

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

O.K. but also consider introducing Kodiak bears in lieu of the extinct Californian subspecies of the grizzly.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've read that jaguars attack humans pretty infrequently (ie quite a bit less than the Eurasian big cats, particularly leopards)

Like, Wikipedia has lists of attacks on humans by lions, tigers, leopards, and mountain lions... Nothing for jaguars. I say bring em back, see how it goes.

Thread relevant, there's also an article about attacks by beavers on humans. There's one recorded death in 2013, in Belarus. Imagine being the only man in recorded history to die from a beaver bite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Phy posted:

Imagine being the only man in recorded history to die from a beaver bite.

And here I thought vagina dentata was just a myth