Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Poque posted:

Yeah, someone linked it here and it's so good! I reposted it in a mod post earlier:

It might need StardewHack or SMAPI or both - click through to my post, it has those linked as well.

I already have them installed. I need to look though the mod DB more, I got a mod that shows you the value of everything AND the range of sprinklers which will help placing them so you don't waste space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Dirk the Average posted:

The way they encouraged it in many of the harvest moon games is that after winning the festival, your animal would produce better produce. Because winning multiple festivals with the same animal didn't provide any better produce, you were best off rotating animals through the festivals.

That being said, I have a hard time actually playing beyond 1-3 years in any of the games, so it's not a mechanic that really impacts me.

Oh, cool. And yeah me neither, but that'd be something to make me start thinking of playing a farm longer. Or keeping animals at all, really.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I really like the extra portrait mods - especially that one that was on RPS as an article. Shame you can’t get them on Switch!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Am hoping that mod becomes official/rolled in, it really breathes life into the place.

I'll settle for more bikinis tho

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I installed the seasonal outfits mod but nothing is happening. I wonder if I have to start a new game to get them to work. Or if they appear when the season changes. Same with the mod that shows values for items and ares of effect.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

twistedmentat posted:

So I installed the seasonal outfits mod but nothing is happening. I wonder if I have to start a new game to get them to work. Or if they appear when the season changes. Same with the mod that shows values for items and ares of effect.

Did you install Stardew Hack? At least I think that's what its called. Some mods require more than just SMAPI. Otherwise try updating SMAPI or the mods.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Welp. Just blew all my luck on this run. Was grinding in the regular mines to work on the Kill All Monsters list, got a Prismatic Shard on level 23. Traded that for the Galaxy Sword in the desert, went into the skull cavern, got another one the next day for the museum

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Dr.Smasher posted:

Welp. Just blew all my luck on this run. Was grinding in the regular mines to work on the Kill All Monsters list, got a Prismatic Shard on level 23. Traded that for the Galaxy Sword in the desert, went into the skull cavern, got another one the next day for the museum

But did you get one for the Missing Bundle

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

limp_cheese posted:

Did you install Stardew Hack? At least I think that's what its called. Some mods require more than just SMAPI. Otherwise try updating SMAPI or the mods.

Ah didn't realize it needed an update. And I had hack installed because it told me i needed it. The outfits work, but the other one still isn't.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Alxprit posted:

But did you get one for the Missing Bundle

I still have to finish the community center, i'm only on year 1 and that looks to be a year 2 goal otherwise.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Dr.Smasher posted:

Still doesn't top my early spring 1 ancient seed from mixed seed planting.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Game's now hit 10 million copies sold across all platforms. Still going strong!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'm glad I didn't read this thread before pouring 80 hours into the game. Not finished the community centre, but I married Maru and have a terrible farm full of trees and dinosaurs and ducks at the end of year 2. I just got iridium sprinklers set up for spring year 3 though!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I'm glad you didn't, too! Welcome home, friend.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Feeling crazy lucky right now. I just caught Glacierfish on my first try, first cast on Winter 28. It moved around like crazy at first but I got very lucky and it slowed down. I didn't even remember to replace my go fast pepper popper buffs with a dish o' the sea fishing buff.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'm glad I didn't read this thread before pouring 80 hours into the game. Not finished the community centre, but I married Maru and have a terrible farm full of trees and dinosaurs and ducks at the end of year 2. I just got iridium sprinklers set up for spring year 3 though!

One of us.
One of us.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m on my third playthru now and I was gonna marry Maru this time since I’ve basically never spoken to her on my other two playthrus but she’s just so boring!!! I had to go back to Leah. She is the most mature and also tolerated it when I punched her ex boyfriend

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm with you on Maru. I find literally no reason to interact with her. At least with Penny you're catching up with the kids.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Does anyone else get glitched saves on mobile? I opened the game a couple of times to find the contents of my chests jumbled up, I've walked outside to new rare scarecrows and once someone had dropped 11 furnaces on my cat.

Also there's a spot in my kitchen I can't put stone flooring down in front of the oven, it's bugging me.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

maru is dull but she does accidentally create new sentient life so

leah likes the finer things in life, such as truffles, wine, and sticks you found on the beach, but Emily is clearly the best because a single trip to the mine gets you a month's worth of loved gifts

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I’m on my third playthru now and I was gonna marry Maru this time since I’ve basically never spoken to her on my other two playthrus but she’s just so boring!!! I had to go back to Leah. She is the most mature and also tolerated it when I punched her ex boyfriend

I let her punch that jerk herself #malefeminist

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Sebastians motorcycle is cool. If I was gonna be gay in this game I would probably be gay for him. Or Alex. Definitely not that slob Shane

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Krobus waited for me in front of the refrigerator, said he didn't want to do anything that day, and gave me a big smiley hug and I've never felt so understood in my life

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Most of the bachelors and Bachelorettes have big hopes and dreams outside of the village and you crush them by marrying them

The only ethical candidates are

Shane - just wants to pound cold ones and pet chickens

Penny - her only ambitions are for the trailer to be clean

Abigail - big tiddy goth gf

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

My year 2 spring 4 farm. I only have a copper hoe, so it took me three days just to plant all the strawberries I grew in my greenhouse.

Still lots of work to do. I want to set up a row of fish ponds starting with that lonely little one. I need a lot more sprinklers still and only half of my tapper tree farm by grandpa's shrine has tappers so far. I may want to add truffle barns in the SW corner. Not sure yet.

Still need kegs for the cow barn by the house. Currently using only about a third of the space for kegs and barrels. Thinking about moving my dozen odd barrels into the coop to make room for more barrels in the barn. Do the cows need to be able to reach the hay trough once you have an auto feeder? I'm wondering if I can block that area off with kegs.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Most of the bachelors and Bachelorettes have big hopes and dreams outside of the village and you crush them by marrying them

The only ethical candidates are

Shane - just wants to pound cold ones and pet chickens

Penny - her only ambitions are for the trailer to be clean

Abigail - big tiddy goth gf

Uh............. I'm not even sure where to start with this, but you're missing all of villagers who moved to SV.

Leah - moved to SV to get away from the big city, shows no interest in returning.

Elliot - moved to SV to get away from distractions in the big city. Says he doesn't like his shack and would probably prefer to live on your farm.

Harvey - moved to SV for unspecified reasons. Shows no interest in leaving.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I like that earlier post where someone explains that Haley's friendship bar is unique in that it doesn't show her growing feelings for the player. But rather her growing realization over how rich and powerful the player is and she acts accordingly.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I know people either really like or really hate the fishing. I really like it. I also like the new fish ponds although it would be nice if there was some rhyme or reason to when they produce roe. I put midnight squid in a pond for two weeks and never produced anything

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The only part about fishing I don't like is the legendary fish because catching them has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with getting good RNG on their more rapid movements. Sometimes they zip around so fast and so constantly it is completely impossible to catch them even if you're a fishing god, other times they're about as hard to catch as a Tuna. Just keep casting until you get lucky is boring and tedious.

Otherwise fishing is fine.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I know people either really like or really hate the fishing. I really like it. I also like the new fish ponds although it would be nice if there was some rhyme or reason to when they produce roe. I put midnight squid in a pond for two weeks and never produced anything

The formula for ponds is fully known for every fish. It does a check based on population and most will have a 90% chance of giving something when the pond has 10 fish in it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
leah even literally deals with a significant other that wants her to move back and she resists it violently

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Artists need to suffer. Leah and Elliott will leave Pelican Town once they're done healing so they can continue their craft

Harvey is barely keeping the lights on with his passion and will eventually relocate or starve

I don't make the rules guys I just tell it like it is

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

LLSix posted:

Harvey - moved to SV for unspecified reasons. Shows no interest in leaving.

He makes a random comment that he moved to the Valley because he likes the idea of being a small town doctor and wants to take a natural and holistic approach to medicine.

At least he's shown giving people flu shots so we can safely assume he's not an anti-vaxxer.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
This is also a world where you learn to speak to bears by drinking some dank juice given to you by a wizard, and you can heal the wounds you took from fighting flying serpents and ghosts in the mines by slamming pizzas down your mouth.

For all we know holistic medicine actually works in Stardew.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I married Emily on my second play through and she’s cool but the less I have to interact with Clint the better so I had to go elsewhere for play through 3. Plus she kept eating too many drat bran muffins. Who even likes bran muffins? Raisin Bran Crunch or nothing

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sydin posted:

For all we know holistic medicine actually works in Stardew.
You can make a healing potion out of nothing but mushrooms, it absolutely does work.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I never made any of the healing potions because the game freezes when you eat anyway so I might as well chug 6 blueberries instead or whatever else that stacks better.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I always pick the mushroom cave because once you get fruit trees up and running the fruit bats are kinda superfluous, meanwhile gently caress trying to hunt for the mushroom floor in the mines.

You get common shrooms 90% of the time but usually the cave gives enough variety to make 2-3 life elixirs a month and they're not bad in a pinch.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I feel like I get Help Wanted requests for different mushroom types pretty often, too, so it's nice to be able to fulfill upon those and get some free and easy friendship points.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Sydin posted:

I always pick the mushroom cave because once you get fruit trees up and running the fruit bats are kinda superfluous, meanwhile gently caress trying to hunt for the mushroom floor in the mines.

For me it's less this and more that the fruit bats almost never give you tree fruit, and tree fruit is the only reason to pick the bats. 95% of the fruit you get is just random forageables.

Morels and chanterelles are really hard to reliably come by and also more common in a bat cave than tree fruit is in a fruit cave.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
assuming the probabilities on the wiki are correct, you have a 20% chance of getting a tree fruit at all whereas morels and chanterelles combined is a 15.4% chance.

on the other hand mushrooms are a reliable six harvests every 3000 ingame minutes and fruit is... I have no idea what fruit's drop rate is. And that matters.

they also have different formulas determining output, fruit is very simple and mushrooms are not but I think that's been accounted for by the wiki crew. More details, if you care: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Talk:The_Cave

math aside, I typically take mushrooms. life elixir is useful, and since I know what fruit to prioritize for community center bundles, it's not a big deal. But I'd say both choices, long term, are equally valid and it's all down to personal preference.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

You can turn common mushrooms into fall seeds in seed makers which you can now turn into free tea and tea is life