Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Turns out breeding is a lot faster in Sun and Moon for a good reason. I'm not sure about the past games, but in XY, your bike moved 10 steps per second. The Mach Bike in ORAS moves at 12 steps per second. Tauros moves at 33 steps per second when charging.

Evil Eagle posted:

Timid or Modest for A-Raichu?

If you're making use of Surge Surfer, Modest is preferred unless you're worried about an opponent's Alolan Raichu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

The Goon Beast Ball Project Spreadsheet

Obviously this is rudimentary to say the least, but I figure it should work for its purpose (and if someone wants to touch it up and make it look less poo poo you're welcome to!). Pretty sure I included the earliest form of every breedable Pokémon you can get in a Beast Ball, but please correct me if I missed something. It would be cool if anyone with at least some interest in Beast Balling (tm) would use it, whether you're only looking for a few specific mons or you're one of the incurable hoarders.

Reminder that this is a good list.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

I saw this YouTube video with tips about soft resetting for a shiny starter. Who would ever think that's worthwhile compared to breeding? :psyduck:

One time I went on the SuMo subreddit when it came out and found a large number of people posting their double or triple digit resets for a shiny starter :downs:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Utter goddamn insanity for what amounts to a few seconds in PkHex

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

qnqnx posted:

it's seriously bizarre

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Why would someone trade a Type:Null for a castform? You can breed castform! What the heck people!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kiranamos posted:

One time I went on the SuMo subreddit when it came out and found a large number of people posting their double or triple digit resets for a shiny starter :downs:

Not sure why they're making the effort when you can breed a shiny with workable stats and nature. Like have something long term rather than a short term victory.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FishBulb posted:

Why would someone trade a Type:Null for a castform? You can breed castform! What the heck people!
Dunno, but not complaining. Living dex!

(but, you know, not Beast Ball living dex yet.)

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Maybe they don't know? They probably also didn't remember that type:null evolves since it isn't in any particular island's dex and is instead just in the alola one. For the island dex stuff you can just look at the pretty images and see the ? gaps, but to know you hosed up and forgot about Silvally you need to scan through the full dex.

Also possible that it's their master-stroke plan to trade type:null for your castform, breed it and then get multiple type:null in return.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Blaziken386 posted:

The only IV that absolutely needs to be at 0 for maximum effectiveness is Speed. All 0 Attack does is limit damage to yourself if someone uses either Foul Play or Swagger. Honestly, just don't worry about it.

This one's new to me--I could understand 0 speed IV for a trick room team or something but why would a Fini want 0 speed IV? Also what's the benefit for a Special Attacker to have 0 IV attack?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Waffles Inc. posted:

This one's new to me--I could understand 0 speed IV for a trick room team or something but why would a Fini want 0 speed IV? Also what's the benefit for a Special Attacker to have 0 IV attack?
Attack so you hurt yourself less when confused, I know that.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is the AI really bad this time? Know Pokemon AI isn't exactly fantastic but everyone seems super stat reduction happy.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

Foul Play is also a concern in the cases it actually pops up.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

Foul Play (but it's a fairy type?) and Strength Sap are reasons you'd want a low attack stat

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So, I've finally bred my perfect Metagross (his name is Apex and he is my friend), though I still have to grind up the BP for his mega-evolution.

What should I breed next?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Lord of Hats posted:

So, I've finally bred my perfect Metagross (his name is Apex and he is my friend), though I still have to grind up the BP for his mega-evolution.

What should I breed next?

alola persian, pyukumuku, or bewear

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
There's no way to scum for a rare encounter, right? Honey just works like Sweet Scent used to and gives you something at random, not like when it summoned Swarms?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I put a diglett into GTS with the nickname Diglett Dig for a Dugtrio and set my message to be the one where I ask for a nicknamed pokemon

...Well... that works too I guess...

Also, FishBulb, I thought of you.

:toot:

I'm still trying to get that HA Eevee while deciding between my two mudbrays. Could anyone answer my question about how Anticipation works? :shobon: If it only triggers once when the HA Eevee enters into battle, or if it would trigger if it's already in play and I switch in a pokemon with a fighting type move?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Shortest Path posted:

Oh yeah so speaking of Knock Off and Muk-A, he is incredibly strong. OHKOs all the tapus with no attack investment Gunk Shot, is the only stab Knock Off user that's legal and good, has only a single weakness which you can negate with an air balloon if you feel like it, and is massively bulky because he's Muk.

Muk is a friend. Treat him well.

Something I'm experimenting with is running gluttony with a figy berry. I'm pretty sure it causes it to proc at sub 50% health rather than 25%, making it a lot more reliable as recovery. Poison touch is pretty useful, but it doesn't do much for me since I started running Tapu Fini and often have misty terrain up.

Can't bring myself to use gunk shot though. I already get mad enough with Salazzle whiffs a fire blast.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

E-flat posted:

I'm still trying to get that HA Eevee while deciding between my two mudbrays. Could anyone answer my question about how Anticipation works? :shobon: If it only triggers once when the HA Eevee enters into battle, or if it would trigger if it's already in play and I switch in a pokemon with a fighting type move?

It will only trigger when the HA Eevee enters battle.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Something I'm experimenting with is running gluttony with a figy berry. I'm pretty sure it causes it to proc at sub 50% health rather than 25%, making it a lot more reliable as recovery. Poison touch is pretty useful, but it doesn't do much for me since I started running Tapu Fini and often have misty terrain up.

Can't bring myself to use gunk shot though. I already get mad enough with Salazzle whiffs a fire blast.

Good call. I just adjusted mine's myself--looks like only 116 ATK EVs (+ Adament) needed to OHKO a S.ATK/SPE Lele

No one's running an HP or DEF Lele right?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah, Gluttony forces the "in a pinch" threshold to increase to 50%.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Countblanc posted:

alola persian, pyukumuku, or bewear

Well, I've already got a 5 IV Stufful kicking around... and Fighting IS a typing that I want to have... Project: Bewear is go!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ah! Just remembered! I also got two spare Pheromosas in my PC. Perfectly willing to trade one for moon ball drampa too.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

qnqnx posted:

Let people grasp to their ideals of legitimacy, how else do you expect people to justifiably max out the clock? Festival Plaza?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is it even possible for Abra to have Magic Guard? I've captured like 20 so far and they all have Synchronize or Inner Focus.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cuntellectual posted:

Is it even possible for Abra to have Magic Guard? I've captured like 20 so far and they all have Synchronize or Inner Focus.

Hidden abilities only show up deep into SOS chains. So if you want a magic guard Abra then you have to chain them and good luck with that tedium.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Cuntellectual posted:

It's a hidden ability so no you aren't just gunna catch one in the wild with it.

You might eventually get it if you catch enough of them as SOS calls (if Abra can even show up that way I have no idea)

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Solumin posted:

It will only trigger when the HA Eevee enters battle.

ah man, thank you so much! I really appreciate it

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
posting for posterity, double protect wins games

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-487628649

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Hidden abilities only show up deep into SOS chains. So if you want a magic guard Abra then you have to chain them and good luck with that tedium.

Oh, great. I guess I'll just make do with one of those two then. Is it possible to get one from an egg or do I need one with it in the first place to do that?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Brionne is too cute, if I pick up Moon i'm definitely using Primarina

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Cuntellectual posted:

Oh, great. I guess I'll just make do with one of those two then. Is it possible to get one from an egg or do I need one with it in the first place to do that?

When I got my HA vulpix it was about #15 in the chain? So they can show up that early. If you have to check manually then a pokemon that knows Role Play or any ability swapping move is good if you're deep in a chain.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
GTS trip report: Mostly people want legendaries for their fuckin Beast Ball mons.

Thankfully, people will trade legendaries for Castforms.

Picked up Kangaskhan, Jangmo-o, and Gastly, none of which goons previously had. Can breed more if anyone cares.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

incredible

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
HA Abra is 100% possible. I used a Trapinch with Sandstorm to check for Magic Guard and Bite to get rid of an Abra before it had to Struggle itself to death. My chain was probably something like 12 when it finally showed up. Magic Guard Abra was calling for help way more often than the other Abras though so it took a bit longer to catch it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
double protect wins games, even if it doesn't work

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-487648202

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
whats important about hatching a shiny in a beast ball?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

CherryCat posted:

Get in the loving ball, Nebby.

NooOoOoooo I am afraiiidddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

spit on my clit posted:

whats important about hatching a shiny in a beast ball?

it's rare. the end