Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the presenter pay gap – The Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, says the BBC needs to ‘look very hard at itself’ over the gender pay gap, describing the gulf between men’s and women’s pay as appalling"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Female stars call on BBC 'to sort gender pay gap now'

Times:

The Generation Game to return to the BBC with Bake Off's Mel and Sue

Evening Standard:

Jeremy Corbyn denies promising to wipe graduates' student debts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

This, but unironically.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Scaramouche posted:

Todd Rolls paymasters want to up the pressure on Republicans to distract them from the sanctions issue

Since Rall works for RT, he's basically going to post whatever causes the most chaos/distraction from issue that interest Russia. This includes attacks on both sides as required. However, one thing you will never see Rall post is something critical of Russian actions in ME/Russian connections to Trump admin.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Since Rall works for RT, he's basically going to post whatever causes the most chaos/distraction from issue that interest Russia. This includes attacks on both sides as required. However, one thing you will never see Rall post is something critical of Russian actions in ME/Russian connections to Trump admin.

This is mostly indistinguishable from his previous work, where he was a contrarian with all the political sophistication of a high schooler who thinks being vocally into politics makes him look smart and mature.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So this paper is not trying to get me to vote for Jeremy "Full Communism And No Student Loans Now" Corbyn, correct? They're just idiots?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

So this paper is not trying to get me to vote for Jeremy "Full Communism And No Student Loans Now" Corbyn, correct? They're just idiots?

It's the most inept use of a visual metaphor since [insert last Ramirez here]

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Corbyn backpedalled on this policy - the cartoon is saying that he binned his policy, not the concept of debt. Needs more labels, which is odd for a political cartoon.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Cat Mattress posted:

This, but unironically.

Anyone who promises to tell Sallie Mae/Navient to pound sand has a guaranteed vote from me

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Does anyone have the parody of political cartoons that goes something like "I'm calm and reasonable" "Not me I'm angry and so stupid", I can't find this in the archive

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Enjoy posted:

Does anyone have the parody of political cartoons that goes something like "I'm calm and reasonable" "Not me I'm angry and so stupid", I can't find this in the archive

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

toanoradian posted:

This makes me want to learn of the various kinds of 'successful' or 'substantial' protests, especially in modern times.

From pages ago, but John Lewis's graphic novel March is both about successful protest AND a political cartoon. It's very good.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Oh man, I can't wait to see the hilarious write-ins Carmen and Kevin (that's his name, right?) have planned.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Thanks

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Lurdiak posted:

Message is surprisingly fine for Rall, but I really hope that's not supposed to be Steve Bannon.

My guess would be Don Jr., who always sports a 5-o-clock shadow* and Patrick Bateman hairstyle, but considering it's a Rall, it may just as well be Mike Pence.

* as opposed to Bannon's too-hungover-to-shave face - not that Rall's handiwork would be able to make the distinction..

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Leroy Dennui posted:

Oh man, I can't wait to see the hilarious write-ins Carmen and Kevin (that's his name, right?) have planned.

Winslow.

And somebody edit in dickbutt. :effort:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Shittiness from lack of any kind of stand or discernable message whatsoever, is the 2018 Election werewolf/bear-monster wearing a loincloth or shorts? In one frame it hangs between them and in the next its covering the upper parts of the legs which have now moved apart to give the impression of him wearing a comically oversized shirt and/or having the weirdest body proportions in the world, followed by looking like regular shorts in the last frame.

(The answer is that they're loving hacks, isn't it?)

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 24, 2017

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

OldMemes posted:

Corbyn backpedalled on this policy - the cartoon is saying that he binned his policy, not the concept of debt. Needs more labels, which is odd for a political cartoon.
Presumably, if you are from the UK you would understand the context enough to get it without the extra labels.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Isn't Pence's approval rating at a historic low and about the same as Trump's?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
A sad day for Kirschen:

https://twitter.com/mydekkho/status/889471010810068992

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah there’s no way he’s got a Windows 10 computer.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Edible Hat posted:

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/mike-pence-favorable-rating

Just at the water level or so, sometimes worse.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Edible Hat posted:

Pence actually knows how to be a politician, at least way moreso than Trump, so presumably it'd be a repeat of the Bush 43 years but without being able to bank on homophobes for reelection.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Shangri-Law School posted:

From pages ago, but John Lewis's graphic novel March is both about successful protest AND a political cartoon. It's very good.

Thanks, man! I already bought the boxset and it is pretty great. It's incredible how badly the civil rights warriors (don't know the right word) were treated, especially how outright, near-cartoonishly, racist some of their opponents were. It certainly opened my eyes to the constant debates and power plays inside the movement. One scene that sticks to my mind is a black man who quit the nonviolence training because he couldn't be nonviolent.

edit: civil rights activists is the right word

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 25, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

what the gently caress

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

what the gently caress

You're supposed to switch to Paint 3D, but since that's a Store app rather than a preinstall, the kind of person who uses Paint for anything will never know to do this

Paint.NET has been superior in every way for years anyway

e: wait, maybe it is a preinstall?? I dunno I just now tried opening it for the first time since again Paint.NET is still better

loquacius fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 24, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Johnny Walker posted:

Presumably, if you are from the UK you would understand the context enough to get it without the extra labels.

There's also the fact that the context was literally right beneath the cartoon, where it says "Jeremy Corbyn denies promising to wipe graduates' student debts". Which somehow, everyone who seemed confused about the cartoons message quoted, but managed to not see.

OldMemes posted:

Seemed pretty obvious to me. A paper that has the issue on it is representing the policy regarding that issue, not the issue itself. So by scrunching up a paper with "Student debt" on it and throwing it behind him, Corbyn is ignoring the problem entirely.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

You're supposed to switch to Paint 3D, but since that's a Store app rather than a preinstall, the kind of person who uses Paint for anything will never know to do this

Paint.NET has been superior in every way for years anyway

e: wait, maybe it is a preinstall?? I dunno I just now tried opening it for the first time since again Paint.NET is still better

It's a preinstall starting with the Win10 Creator's Update (released back in April), but from my very brief load up of it, it seems so oriented towards being Very Poor Man's Blender it seems more onerous to try to use for 2D stuff than even Paint Classic was.

I'mma just stick with GIMP for my minor image editing needs, thanks.

EDIT: Also, I can practically guarantee Kirschen is still using a Windows XP machine, so this won't affect him in the slightest.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 24, 2017

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
part of me thinks "wow another queen joke about his name, how cheap" and then i remember political cartoonists

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

duz posted:

You're asking why the media is covering a celebrity more than a retired politician?

:negative:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Retromancer posted:

When he finally went to jail for something, racists treated it like when Osama was killed. "We got him!"

No, they didn't. Remember, Obama was not only the president when bin Laden was killed, but he played a relatively direct role in it. Also, it distracted from the birth certificate dogwhistling Trump was attempting. So a lot of racists were all like, "Well, actually, here's why killing bin Laden was a bad thing (which should have happened when a Republican president could take credit)".

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Avirosb posted:

Steve Bannon never was a dog person.

Of course not, he's more of a cave troll, or a fortified wine, potted meat, and raw spite golem.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Bill Shorten is pushing the idea of fixed four year terms for federal parliament in Australia (currently non-fixed, max three years).

Rowe:

Golding 1:

Golding 2:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

I'm the facebook guy after reading this extremely bland Garrison.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
What.

WHAT

Garrison. Complaining about abusive behavior online.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Discendo Vox posted:

What.

WHAT

Check the date, pretty sure this was back in his '4chan is making me look like a nazi' phase.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Discendo Vox posted:

What.

WHAT

This is an old comic, back when he was up in arms about Zyklon Ben edits.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wow. He really complained about homophobia?

Or just the edits that made his more obvious...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cartoon has too many words but I love this Trump caricature.

• Locked thread