Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Blindeye posted:

Actually, dumb question but can you bank tickets? I have 25 from July and the only thing vaguely tempting is the Excelsior, but I don't have a type 64 or the Skoda.

Almost certainly not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Once again someone posts a chatlog where they get owned by a spanish speaker telling them they can take up to 8 dicks up the bumhole

it's pretty great

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

You should be ashamed of your terrible trash talk and race baiting. Shameful. Please stop bullying ghosts named Martell.

I genuinely LOL'd when he responded in Spanish. For whatever reason I wasn't expecting that.

Control Volume posted:

I loving cock vouchers loving gringo , you mess 8 penises your loving white rear end
Play as given me the loving win, if you do not think just close the snout , son of a thousand whores , surely I pario your mom in the rear end , I poo poo on your dead

Yeah, I got the gist of it, and ran it through Google Translate as well. I suppose that's an insult in the Spanish-speaking world? :shrug:

Control Volume posted:

Once again someone posts a chatlog where they get owned by a spanish speaker telling them they can take up to 8 dicks up the bumhole

But I wasn't arguing about that? And it's not an insult if it's true. :colbert:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uuuuuugh, the A-44 is every bit as insufferable as people said it would be, but at least I realized I was too dumb to buy the top engine.

An extra 100 hp should at least make this shitbox a little more mobile.

No, no it doesn't. Skip that pile of poo poo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Don't have the free-XP for it, and I don't really feel like spending actual money on something like that. Bizarrely, I'm actually doing quite well in the thing, but it's the first tank where doing well just doesn't seem fun for some reason. I played the Sturer Emil for something around 20 games after unlocking the top gun, and at least I wasn't doing well AND not having fun, but this is a weird experience.

I've gotten a shitton of ram-kills though, that got a bunch of chuckles out of me. But the gun handling, oh my dear god, the gun handling.
You've hit a pebble on the otherwise perfectly planar surface, you may now shoot exclusively at clouds.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
The worst part of the A-44 is probably the awful module layout and the low health of those modules. I've had single shots from lower tier mediums take out 3 or 4 internal modules/crew plus my tracks.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Don't have the free-XP for it, and I don't really feel like spending actual money on something like that. Bizarrely, I'm actually doing quite well in the thing, but it's the first tank where doing well just doesn't seem fun for some reason. I played the Sturer Emil for something around 20 games after unlocking the top gun, and at least I wasn't doing well AND not having fun, but this is a weird experience.

I've gotten a shitton of ram-kills though, that got a bunch of chuckles out of me. But the gun handling, oh my dear god, the gun handling.
You've hit a pebble on the otherwise perfectly planar surface, you may now shoot exclusively at clouds.

You've nailed it. You're playing a game, which is supposed to be fun (and essentially nothing else), and you're not having fun. You've run into an optional, unfun part of the game. Skip it. It's not a ton of free XP or cash to pass something that is a waste of your time and sanity. Just do it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are they ever going to nerf the bullshit Czech tanks or should I Just loving grind them out and click dudes 4 times in 4 seconds too?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

JFC Wargaming, how is each of your games 25GB? The game still looks like it's from the last decade.

I'm debating whether I really need these games on my SSD. At this point I consistently load in before the timer has even started. That could be 50GB saved for open world games and poo poo like that.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Are they ever going to nerf the bullshit Czech tanks or should I Just loving grind them out and click dudes 4 times in 4 seconds too?

I assume they're just going to hold off until they do the big rebalance. And by that, I mean when they give up on their big rebalance plans and just randomly change some poo poo and hope it works.

How long did the T57 exist unnerfed, two years?

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
I might be the only person who liked the a44. Look up my stats in it, my handle is _Mac. I feel like I did pretty well with it. That kv5 gun has a great alpha.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Nah A-44 owns, all of these guys are just baddies.

The only true bad tank is the Sturer Emil and possibly the Challenger.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

primelaw posted:

Nah A-44 owns, all of these guys are just baddies.

The only true bad tank is the Sturer Emil and possibly the Challenger.

I will still stand by the Sturer Emil is not that bad if you never have to play it with the 105mm gun. The A-44 is one of the worst tanks in the game, followed by the Challenger. Sure the Emil is probably right behind them, but its still better. Since it has a gun that can hit things unlike the A-44, and actually does damage, unlike the Challenger.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Control Volume posted:

I'm up to 13% fluency according to Duolingo so I usually just tell those guys that the duck drinks water.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, gently caress me, I completely forgot about the concept of turning off accelerated crew training on elited tanks to farm up free-XP in no time. Only time I've done that was when I couldn't stand the Sturer Emil anymore.

Thanks to a 3x weekend, that was a quick 35k free XP...looks like I might just throw away :10bux:, unlock the Object tomorrow, and not waste time on the A-44. Cool beans.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
T-60

Queue:
17-pounder

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3
M3A1NEW

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
HTZ-16

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2

:godwin:
PzI
PzIII Ausf. A
Renault R35 in German service

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Hellsau, what equipment and skills priority would you recommend for IS-7?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

Hellsau, what equipment and skills priority would you recommend for IS-7?

Safe Stowage and Sixth Sense not optional, might as well grab the gunnery skills and Clutch Braking as well. Get Repairs and then BiA, camo kinda junk.

VStab and Rammer, then Optics if you want to be a general tank or Vents if you want to brawl.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/rules-violations-policy-updates/

quote:

Updated Rules and Violations Policy

Yesterday General News Discuss on Forum
We’ve heard your requests for more transparency regarding the handling of violations, and today we're announcing an update to our Rules and Violations policy. Wargaming is committed to providing all players with a positive gaming experience and a key part of that is how we handle our rules and what happens when they are violated. Our goal is to make our games a clean and safe environment where players of all ages can have fun. Below you'll find the outline of our new policy, including a new way we'll be rewarding positive members of our community -- we know rule policies aren't the most exciting reading material, but we think you'll find this valuable.

The new policy goes into effect August 8, 2016. We're revealing it now so that everyone can be aware of these changes in advance. As we're rolling out the updates to our pollicy, we'll be wiping the slate clean for every Wargaming customer with an active account. Any prior in-game sanctions, chat violations, or forum warnings will no longer count against you.

Please Note
Permanent bans are not eligible for a "clean slate" -- accounts previously banned under our current rules and violations policy will remain so.
Rewarding Positive Players
Players who consistently choose to follow the rules will be rewarded! Every three months, every player without any game, chat, or forum violations will receive a small reward and be entered into a drawing for 90 days of Premium time.

We believe these new policies will help improve everyone’s overall experience. We don't want to punish people – we want to set clear expectations and then hold players accountable for their behavior in order to improve everyone’s gaming experience!

Players should learn from their past mistakes and not commit the same violations repeatedly.
Previously, violations would “roll off” and no longer count against you after a certain period. This allowed players to "game the system" by improving behavior only long enough for their violation to roll off.

Under Our New Policy
Players will receive one warning, and each offense afterward will count as a “strike” against the account.
Each strike comes with a restriction and restrictions increase with each strike.
Strikes do not "roll off."
Once you have reached five (5) strikes, your account can be permanently restricted.
If you believe a strike was placed on your account incorrectly, submit a Penalty Appeal as a Support ticket and we will thoroughly review the issue.
Permanent Restrictions
Five (5) strikes in chat violations can result in a permanent chat ban.
Five (5) strikes in the forums can result in a permanent forum ban.
Five (5) strikes in game violations can result in a permanent game ban.

well I'm hosed if I ever start playing again.

e: I've been gone so long

I have literally infinite notifications.

e2: lol first game back, I got MT-12 (fire mission) in my WZ-120 by setting a Grille 15 on fire twice with HE. Yes I know they made that mission easier and I don't care. Probably would have won that game if I didn't miss the first couple minutes due to my game crashing while loading the battle - that's probably a bad omen, given it was the first game on a fresh install on a new drive.

e3: oh poo poo I'm really close to getting the 260, what the poo poo? MT-15 is easy, I need LT-14 (a Platoon mission) and then LT-15 (done it multiple times before!), the HT base cap mission is trivial now (still need 3x my HP bounced), the TD missions just require me to play a bunch of tier 10 TDs, and oh god drat it I still need a Bombardier.

Yo goons, since they're forgiving us for game violations on the 8th, anyone want to blatantly and openly rig the personal missions?

e4: gently caress it how many edits is too many? 1v1 tournaments for Thursday (Tier 9) and Saturday (Tier 3). One of these awards a Type 59 if you are lucky enough to get into the right group and beat MeatheadMilitia. There is literally no downside to signing up even if you can't show up or don't have the right tanks - there's no penalty for no-showing and no cost to enter. Make a team and confirm your team and get lucky. If you get into Meathead's group and can't show up, give me a shout-out and I'll win yet another goon a Type 59.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 2, 2016

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Oh poo poo, haven't been in this page in a minute. But Cracked had an article today that's pretty accurate (even if it is by a dirty Canadian and his dirty Canadian tank). Have a look here

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

quote:

Wargaming is committed to providing all players with a positive gaming experience
Aahahahahahhahaaha

hahhahahahaha

ahahahah

ahehehehehahaha

...yeah

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What constitutes a violation? Like if one rear end in a top hat clicks your name and says report player is that a violation or do you need whatever magical number of reports for the one instance in order for it to be a violation?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

BadLlama posted:

What constitutes a violation? Like if one rear end in a top hat clicks your name and says report player is that a violation or do you need whatever magical number of reports for the one instance in order for it to be a violation?

They say that there is no automatic system based on reports, instead each report will be individually reviewed (yeah right) and it will be decided if it constitutes a 'violation': http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/507752-new-wargaming-rules-violation-policy/page__st__60__pid__10306136#entry10306136

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BadLlama posted:

This would end the game inside 7 days.

/edit

And they had previously completely outsourced their forums moderation, and instead just made violations subject to approval by WG, loving :lol:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 2, 2016

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Are they ever going to go back and make the air component if this franchise not poo poo?

I've been playing Warthunder recently a fair bit, but am again already a bit tired of some of the questionable decisions Gaijin made about its game. I prefer WT Tanks to WoT for sure, but not enough not to ditch the game entirely should WoWP ever be fixed.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

I'm small brain?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Szcwczuk posted:

I'm small brain?

You are playing this game aren't you?

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
So...T-14, Matilda, or Excelsior for my freebie? Current prems I own are Rudy, LeFH, and Church III. Help me make life decisions!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

localloop posted:

So...T-14, Matilda, or Excelsior for my freebie? Current prems I own are Rudy, LeFH, and Church III. Help me make life decisions!

Excelsior is an actual good tank, the T14 is adequate, and the Matilda has 102 gold pen and is therefore pretty bad, though any pref 5 can only be so bad.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah, definitely Excelsior out of those three. It's got some pen problems too, but it's way faster than its appearance lets on and just fantastic at bullying weaker tanks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Excelsior has pretty good front and rear armor but poo poo sides. T14 has all around good trollish armor but the gun is a bit lacking. I'd go with the Excelsior personally.

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
Done and done, thanks.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Good god, some players in this game make me look competent. Top tank in my derpy kv-2 and I quickly notice I'm going to be alone on the flank I headed towards but I decided to just go with it. Only three or four enemy tanks went towards the same flank and a combination of their atrociously poor play and an otherwise worthless pubbie sniping from our base I held and pushed the flank while the rest of my team crushed and swept the other side of the map. You'd think anyone would at least attempt to move out of the way if they saw a big heavy mass of steel like a kv-2 slowly come barrelling down a slope straight at them instead of just calmly sitting there and taking ramming damage to the face. Good job driving that medium tank.

Most of the enemy TDs were hiding in a corner usually reserved for arty. There was no arty. :psyduck:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Poil posted:

There was no arty. :psyduck:

God bless you.

I played a game in my WZ-120 on Cliff. Our team had an IS-7 and J100 for tier 10s, their team had an Obj 907. Our J100 started the match saying, "8k damage and 5 kills, any takers?" Both tier 10s went east, while their 907 went E3/E4.

Our J100 was the second to last tank to die. 3 shots, 1 hit, 0 pens, 0 damage. They lost to a T30, Conq, and T34 in the east. Their artillery did no damage to the tier 10s.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Our J100 was the second to last tank to die. 3 shots, 1 hit, 0 pens, 0 damage. They lost to a T30, Conq, and T34 in the east. Their artillery did no damage to the tier 10s.

How can they not click on the hulls of these tanks, i dont understand. the IS-7 and J100 when just auto-aiming will pen all 3 of these.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

BadLlama posted:

How can they not click on the hulls of these tanks, i dont understand. the IS-7 and J100 when just auto-aiming will pen all 3 of these.

Snapshot meta + bad rng :v:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Hellsau posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/rules-violations-policy-updates/

well I'm hosed if I ever start playing again.

e: I've been gone so long

I have literally infinite notifications.

If Wargaming was Congress, this new rule set would be called "Hellsau's Law."

6 days left to be a total dick, and then the slate is wiped clean and we start an Eternal Shame set of rules. Good show WG!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
You guys know you get the excelsior for the august tickets right?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Szcwczuk posted:

You guys know you get the excelsior for the august tickets right?

Yes, that's what they were discussing. Why did you think they asked for opinions on the T14, Excelsior and Matilda 4?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Someone linked me to a thread on the WoT forums, so I decided to check out Gameplay Discussion. The top threads were: Russian bias, matchmaker is rigged against good players, stats are ruining the game, remove arty.

WoT, WoT never changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

I noticed when I picked my reward that I also got the other tiers I'd reached; it wasn't a matter of "spend 20 tickets and get this one reward," it was more like "spend 20 tickets and get these four rewards." So heads-up on that.