Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

more here: https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2017/02/superb-owl-sunday/515712/

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Radio Paranoia posted:

all trekkies should follow this example

go gently caress yourself

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Radio Paranoia posted:

all trekkies should follow this example

suicide requests are bannable in yospos

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I understand Whomp! but I think no-one should glorify self-destructiveness because every person is worth existing. Even white people.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Radio Paranoia posted:

live briefly and fail
no its live long and prosper

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

I understand Whomp! but I think no-one should glorify self-destructiveness because every person is worth existing. Even white people.

Let's not get all crazy here.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

guy with the serious rig is steve mann, prototypical glasshole

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Additional news items soon appeared thereafter, e.g. "Broken glass: Father of wearable computing allegedly assaulted",[51] and "What may be the world's first cybernetic hate crime...",[52] etc.[53][54] Due to the employee's alleged rough handling of the device, which he claimed was soundly attached to his head, the temporary storage buffer in the computer system could no longer be overwritten by new images, the damage to the system thus causing photos of these persons to remain stored in the glass memory. These were published, with faces concealed, on Mann's weblog.[55][56] He also claims that his iPhone and the control board for the EyeTap were damaged after he was thrown out and his bladder released involuntarily, soaking the contents of his pockets.[57]

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

i always thought that was the guy with the vr glasses sitting in the j.o. chair with the breast pumps, you kno wwhat pic i'm talking about

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

TontoCorazon posted:

Let's not get all crazy here.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

edit: http://archive.boston.com/business/technology/innoeco/2012/07/the_mit_roots_of_google_glass.html

wayfinder fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 6, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

IBM701c. I had one for a while it was an NT/OS2 dual boot. Loved it. Unfortunately it had the early LCD screen so it was dark as hell and hard to see unless you look at it from an angle.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Additional news items soon appeared thereafter, e.g. "Broken glass: Father of wearable computing allegedly assaulted",[51] and "What may be the world's first cybernetic hate crime...",[52] etc.[53][54] Due to the employee's alleged rough handling of the device, which he claimed was soundly attached to his head, the temporary storage buffer in the computer system could no longer be overwritten by new images, the damage to the system thus causing photos of these persons to remain stored in the glass memory. These were published, with faces concealed, on Mann's weblog.[55][56] He also claims that his iPhone and the control board for the EyeTap were damaged after he was thrown out and his bladder released involuntarily, soaking the contents of his pockets.[57]

Lol I can't believe I missed that

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hhahahahahah

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

He also claims that his iPhone and the control board for the EyeTap were damaged after he was thrown out and his bladder released involuntarily, soaking the contents of his pockets.[57]

poor old cyborg

pissed himself and died

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

Jerry Cotton posted:

As an honest, card-carrying, white person, I must disagree with your assessment of our intrinsic worth

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Dillbag posted:

i always thought that was the guy with the vr glasses sitting in the j.o. chair with the breast pumps, you kno wwhat pic i'm talking about

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:kimchi: boop

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

cool until the part where the robot hands try to strangle their human host

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
this cannot be good for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmuoQWmLtbI

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

david thorne owns but i'd definitely kick his rear end if i had to deal with his bullshit

e: http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mo_Steel posted:

cool until the part where the robot hands try to strangle their human host

that only happens if they came from a donor robot that killed some factory workers

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you can make this kind of thing yourself by pouring some edible pearl dust into whatever you're drinking

i haven't tried it so no word yet on whether it gives you glittery poop

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

why the gently caress would you ever even want to do that? to make you feel like the queen of france?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Roosevelt posted:

why the gently caress would you ever even want to do that? to make you feel like the queen of france?

maybe it turns you blue, like colloidal silver

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

:suicide: loving nuke from orbit, salt the earth. Bradbury Exchange is in the game.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
checks out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

istr that chiropractors do occasionally damage their patients' necks, with results ranging from persistent pain to total paralysis

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOP8u9aMifI

I'd just stare at it.

• Locked thread