Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Speaking to my experience in masters/gm games, being able to instantly take a camp and go contest the enemies camp as 5 before an objective is huge value.

Plus lightning rod with range is even safer than Q poke for teamfighting. You don't have to be in range all the time, just every time the lightning zaps. And it's really forgiving. If they are touching your circle at all it will count.

Edit: You don't have to go full w build either. I almost always take hammer gains at 4 for better side laning and sustain. I also sometimes take BOOMerang at 7 if I need faster wave clear

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
I've done W build before it's alright. You want when you're on 3 lane maps where you need to cap mercs before rotating to another lane, You can drop it on heroes like tracer and genji after they use their mobility skills and get some really good damage without having to aim skillshots.

edit: yes always take hammer gains at 4

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

The W build is the best dueling build. It does a suprising amount of single target damage.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

its downside is that it doesn't have the satisfying ping

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

God drat how did it take me so long to play Ana, she's terrific and a great counter to that rat bastard Malganis in every loving match

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Watch a twitch, get a minor cosmetic. Specifically HGC and WCS.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
They remembered the Vikings exist?!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
The spray and avatar were probably made during a lunch break.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HOTS blizzcon announcement is a lost vikings rework

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

LOST VIKINGS..... 2!!!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
OH, I missed this earlier:

quote:

On top of that, Heroic Account Unlock codes—which unlock every Hero up to Mal’Ganis—will be granted to three lucky viewers each broadcast day. To win a Heroic Account Unlock, tune in for at least one hour during eligible broadcast times.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Just sell me one of those blizzard, do the good thing that a lot of other games do by this point, character grinding is always trash even in an otherwise fun game.

It'd also make the game a whole lot easier to sell to people when you can just buy in for a not-exorbitant amount.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yardbomb posted:

Just sell me one of those blizzard, do the good thing that a lot of other games do by this point, character grinding is always trash even in an otherwise fun game.

It'd also make the game a whole lot easier to sell to people when you can just buy in for a not-exorbitant amount.

I also don't understand why they didn't keep the 2.0 launch bundles around. I imagine getting 20 heroes right of the bat was a way to keep new players around (for longer while).

Edit: Don't look at this page if you started playing after May 2017, because you will be frustrated by missing out on this: https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-gb/heroes20/megabundles/

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I'll be honest, I sometimes think I have too many heroes and because I have them, I feel "obliged" to play them. It sounds weird but for example I found myself recently playing Nazeebo to 20 and now that he is there, I will probably focus on Gazlowe and/or Zagara and ignore Nazeebo. I could probably become a far better player if I settled on only 5-6 heroes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yeah that bundle was stupid good and is the only reason I have a chunk of the assassins I do.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I bought the assassins bundle just because it gave me the most heroes (I rarely played assassins). Just 10 more heroes to catch them all! Speaking of which: Deckard is 50% off the gem price this week.

kaesarsosei posted:

I'll be honest, I sometimes think I have too many heroes and because I have them, I feel "obliged" to play them. It sounds weird but for example I found myself recently playing Nazeebo to 20 and now that he is there, I will probably focus on Gazlowe and/or Zagara and ignore Nazeebo. I could probably become a far better player if I settled on only 5-6 heroes.

I recently leveled every hero to 10 (except Mal'Ganis and Cho'Gall) and right now I'm really narrowing down which characters I want to keep playing. Some heroes dropped of my list because they are just not good right now (I love Blaze, but the mana nerfs made him no longer fun to play) or because I'm not going get the max value out of them (any hero that has just too much clicking because I ain't 19 years old).

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I just play Kerrigan now

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Mierenneuker posted:

I bought the assassins bundle just because it gave me the most heroes (I rarely played assassins). Just 10 more heroes to catch them all! Speaking of which: Deckard is 50% off the gem price this week.

I recently leveled every hero to 10 (except Mal'Ganis and Cho'Gall) and right now I'm really narrowing down which characters I want to keep playing. Some heroes dropped of my list because they are just not good right now (I love Blaze, but the mana nerfs made him no longer fun to play) or because I'm not going get the max value out of them (any hero that has just too much clicking because I ain't 19 years old).

FYI word is that Blaze is a not-awful MT now with the HP buff. Apparently MT is what he was supposed to be out of the gate which I guess is why he got such good waveclear and self sustain

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Most MTs don’t have great wave clear though?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He was being sarcastic.

The sustain part, lots of the main tanks have sustain one way or another (especially the best two diablo and muradin) i dont think it's really a fair criticism.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

He was being sarcastic.
Oh right :( I’ve seen people say stuff like that before so didn’t pick up on it.

Anyhow, what’s people’s opinion on MG? Played two games with him today and he’s super fun, just not sure he is MT material?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mal'Ganis is a very offensively-oriented MT that benefits greatly from a team that brings their own CC to follow his setups. He's not a pick-generating machine like Garrosh or Diablo so I'm hesitant to suggest that he'll see much Pro play, but he's an excellent choice for a draft that likes to brawl.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Thanks guys for suggesting Raynor earlier on, the 4th strike mechanic and having to pay attention to positioning is helping a lot in learning how to kill heroes effectively.

Off-topic, but after unlocking a few comedy skins, gotta say that is by far my favorite feature of the game - lovebug Anubarak and lumberjack Uther are great, but man if I ever unlock Azmodunk I am going to do some serious specialization :colbert:

(I also unlocked Scorpion Queen Zagara and looks loving awesome)

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kith posted:

Mal'Ganis is a very offensively-oriented MT that benefits greatly from a team that brings their own CC to follow his setups. He's not a pick-generating machine like Garrosh or Diablo so I'm hesitant to suggest that he'll see much Pro play, but he's an excellent choice for a draft that likes to brawl.

Unless he's nerfed next patch you better bet he will see pro play

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Unless he's nerfed next patch you better bet he will see pro play
The HGC finals start tomorrow and Malganis definitely won't be allowed; I think they will be playing on the Kerrigan rework patch. So it'll be a long time before we see Malganis in pro play.

edit: they are playing on the current patch without Malganis.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 25, 2018

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

The HGC finals start tomorrow and Malganis definitely won't be allowed; I think they will be playing on the Kerrigan rework patch. So it'll be a long time before we see Malganis in pro play.

edit: they are playing on the current patch without Malganis.

Right I just mean he will be played whenever he's available if it's current state

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I imagine he's going to get some decent nerfs because he's a huge nuisance in QM if you don't luck into a team with counters

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I imagine he's going to get some decent nerfs because he's a huge nuisance in QM if you don't luck into a team with counters

This is true of a lot of heroes, though.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

HitTheTargets posted:

Watch a twitch, get a minor cosmetic. Specifically HGC and WCS.

I'm gonna be the kawaiiest Viking main, hot diggity.

Still waiting for that Vikings announcer though. I'm aware I'll be waiting for a long time but damnit that would rule and you know it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Murky confirmed as four prime evil FYI.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Snacksmaniac posted:

Murky confirmed as four prime evil FYI.

What gave you that impression?

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

lol there are no commentators for the 2nd stream games for the HGC championship. That's some lazy/cheap poo poo Blizzard.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HGC this year is a loving trash fire. Multiple streams and not enough commentators to go around? Who thought this was a good idea?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So, there's a bug that allows D.va to spawn extra meka. If you're playing ranked, be sure to ban her.

edit: also report anyone you see abusing the bug

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 25, 2018

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Frustrated posted:

lol there are no commentators for the 2nd stream games for the HGC championship. That's some lazy/cheap poo poo Blizzard.

From what I've heard the casters said they would do both streams and Blizzard said no.

I wonder if they're slowly murdering hgc?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

SirSamVimes posted:

So, there's a bug that allows D.va to spawn extra meka. If you're playing ranked, be sure to ban her.

edit: also report anyone you see abusing the bug

And you're not going to grace us with some awesome sauce or this? We need our videos!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't have any videos, just the experience of it being used against me in ranked.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I guess I don't understand what you mean. Are both mechs controllable under the same single click?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Its funnier considering there were a couple series on the second channel that were far higher profile than the ones selected for the main channel, especially DIG v. Leftovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
When is the part of blizzcon where they tell us some marketing BS and say things are going to be better going forward? What if all they announce for HotS is the new game director?