Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Between this and the Renegade I just don't believe anything he says

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Megabound posted:

A good mail day today.

Ducky Pocket, to go with my laptop. Can't live without a numpad and the calculator is a bonus.

That is real pretty, which type of switches does it have?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Pretty bad

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

prom candy posted:

Between this and the Renegade I just don't believe anything he says

Why?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

That is real pretty, which type of switches does it have?

Cherry Browns, only cause they don't do it in Clears.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I need recommendations on lighting sources to brighten up my goon cave where I sit in front of a computer on my days off. For the most part I live in a perpetual night life cycle working graveyard shifts, so I normally end up staying up for the majority of the night on my nights off.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If it’s dark in the room, spend $30 on an LED bias lighting kit for your monitor.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Subjunctive posted:

If it’s dark in the room, spend $30 on an LED bias lighting kit for your monitor.

Are you referring to those color changing LED strips? I was thinking more along the lines of sunlight bright white lights or something.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Etrips posted:

Are you referring to those color changing LED strips? I was thinking more along the lines of sunlight bright white lights or something.

They don’t have to change colour really, to improve eye strain and image quality in a dark room; the 6500K ones work fine. They aren’t the same as room lighting, though.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Iunno, maybe like a lamp, or something. That's my rec.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Buy one of those nice green and gold banker's lamps.

They're classy and pretty.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Aramek posted:

Buy one of those nice green and gold banker's lamps.

They're classy and pretty.

Sure thing, grandpa, I'll get right on that

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

You don't have to get that specific one, but you should get a lamp that says "look at me, I'm a good and productive member of society who always respects authority and follows all the rules."

So you have some wiggle room.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Etrips posted:

I need recommendations on lighting sources to brighten up my goon cave where I sit in front of a computer on my days off. For the most part I live in a perpetual night life cycle working graveyard shifts, so I normally end up staying up for the majority of the night on my nights off.

Ikea has a large selection of inexpensive, nice looking lamps. I think maybe you have to use their proprietary bulbs (unless that's changed?), but they have decent cheap LED bulbs that have lasted a long time for me.

Or was this a joke post that I just fell for?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

incogneato posted:

Ikea has a large selection of inexpensive, nice looking lamps. I think maybe you have to use their proprietary bulbs (unless that's changed?), but they have decent cheap LED bulbs that have lasted a long time for me.

Or was this a joke post that I just fell for?

Was not a joke, I work 12 hour night shifts and generally try to stay on a somewhat night shift schedule on my days off. But now that the sun is setting earlier, I literally do not see the sun at all and it really starts to affect your mood.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have one of these on my desk, it's really nice https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013QT3CUQ

I got it when it was on sale for $25 though, but you can find a great variety of similar at various price points. I usually have it on the regular reading color setting

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
You can look into seasonal affective disorder lamps, though you aim it at your face so it's not meant to be on all the time.

Otherwise just get some lamps and use daylight coloured bulbs. I think led panels that pretends to be a bright, sunny window is also a thing.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I have a LED desk lamp but it doesn't do anything for the actual room, works well for whatever I'm working on directly in front of me though. But I suppose I was looking more for a lamp + daylight bulb? I know there has been some new tech that has come out that I have absolutely no idea about. Guess I was steering more towards looking for recommendations in that direction.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Etrips posted:

I have a LED desk lamp but it doesn't do anything for the actual room, works well for whatever I'm working on directly in front of me though. But I suppose I was looking more for a lamp + daylight bulb? I know there has been some new tech that has come out that I have absolutely no idea about. Guess I was steering more towards looking for recommendations in that direction.

Regular lamp + https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSMKBG3/ problem solved

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I spend a ton of time in hotels for work without having to actually do anything, and got myself a present for when I’m not exploring or reading:

It’s like camping sim 2k17 and I’m liking it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Can’t wait for a holiday bundle with the new Mario. Definitely getting it and Zelda then.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

I can't believe it... I'm thanking PCOS Bill. Thanks PCOS Bill.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Well I kind of want to get an old guy bankers lamp now.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Don't forget the green visor.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Realizing that Toys R Us is going out of business and their merchandise might be selling for less, I got these puppies for :10bux: :

Not pictured: the morpher that my partner bought, after I told her I was getting these, which hasn't come yet.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Guess who's gonna be a goofy looking gently caress on Halloween?

This guy; for only $60 CDN. :canada:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

umalt posted:

Good luck holding anything

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

umalt posted:

I didn't spend a penny to be a goofy looking gently caress all year round

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Etrips posted:

How about a lamp? HTH!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I got rid of my old, somewhat ugly but reliable car

and exchanged for the same one but much younger and slightly less ugly

e: now with 5 doors to accomodate for the baby coming in March

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 07:56 on Oct 13, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I think you accidentally swapped the pictures or something :confused:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
More concerning; who's that mustachioed man driving my old car and why did he move the driving wheel? :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

More concerning; who's that mustachioed man driving my old car and why did he move the driving wheel? :confused:

It's... you?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

umalt posted:

Be sure to accessorize your costume with a hoverboard and a Latina lesbian.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Speaking of being an old man, while out running errands yesterday, went to a new Goodwill, and snagged a really nice thick brown corduroy blazer.

Unopened pockets. :hellyeah:

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

Realizing that Toys R Us is going out of business and their merchandise might be selling for less, I got these puppies for :10bux: :

Not pictured: the morpher that my partner bought, after I told her I was getting these, which hasn't come yet.

Pogs?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Worse

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Lung cancer?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Rolo posted:

Lung cancer?

Slightly better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Sorry to tell you this but the new one is way way way uglier.