Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I can't believe a soulless Hollywood product is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
part 1 was pretty good.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

part 1 was pretty good.

Serf
May 5, 2011

both parts were pretty good imo. second one was a bit long, could have cut out the sappy letter from stanley at the end or just had less individual scenes with one-note scares

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Serf posted:

both parts were pretty good imo. second one was a bit long, could have cut out the sappy letter from stanley at the end or just had less individual scenes with one-note scares

Bev's teatime visit was good.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The only problem with the Cultural Revolution is that it came too early.

Imagine that moron Jack Ma being dragged before the mob and giving tearful self crit.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

steinrokkan posted:

:goonsay:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, I skimmed it real quick but the gist is that you should assume that your platform is going to be infested with bad actors so try and anticipate how a total shithead would abuse the platform kind of in the same way you'd pay a white hat hacker to break into your system so you can figure out how to defend against it.

Hell of a headline though.

gonna start offering my services to Silicon Valley as a white hat shithead so they can test how their services would respond to real shitheads

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Bev's teatime visit was good.

hence why it made up the bulk of the trailer. ben's was dumb, bill's took way too long, and ritchie's was okay but just so tiresome. eddy had the other totally good one imo

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

steinrokkan posted:

I heard part 2 is 3 hours lmfao is this true?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

tylersayten posted:

I heard part 2 is 3 hours lmfao is this true?

about that time yah.

they decided to bring the kid stuff back even though the movie was obviously meant to be split on the kid adult line.

so it’s a bloated movie

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
more like poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

lmao @ thinking Pennywise was psychically influencing weak minded people into committing evil acts, and not that he was drawn to the town in the first place because of a pre-existing atmosphere of terror.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jenny Agutter posted:

sv CEO, after reading headline but before reading article: Done

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lmao @ thinking Pennywise was psychically influencing weak minded people into committing evil acts, and not that he was drawn to the town in the first place because of a pre-existing atmosphere of terror.

I saw part 1 and it did nothing like the book to imply that Derry’s residents were full of suburban psychopaths, sometimes called republicans. Of course Pennywise was drawn to it

Ffs they murdered a guy for being gay at the beginning of the book

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah the "weak minded people" novel was Needful Things

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This is a normal take that no one is supposed to publish.

CEOs are disproportionately sociopaths and that’s the way boards like it.

Or, you know, clickbait that has little to do with the text of the article.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It implies techlords let shitheads have their way on their platforms out of naivety rather than a combination of :effort:, cost-cutting and ideological connivance.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i had a black landlord when i lived in Bedstuy and i'm glad he's getting hurt by this

https://twitter.com/HarlemPatch/status/1170077243420434435

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LANDLORDS OF COLOR :qq:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1171765474159419393?s=20

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

They're right

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

LANDLORDS OF COLOR :qq:
are turks PoC because i had one of them as a landlord too, and he deserves to be hanged
fahrenheit is better for hotter temperatures (gently caress saying 30 degrees is hot) but celsius makes more sense for colder temps. that's my weird take on it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fahrenheit is based on Kelvin which is technically more accurate. It'd make more sense if the freezing point of water was 0 degrees fahrenheit.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

neither is better for day to day poo poo, any preference is just a reflection of what you grew up with

that said, F is dumb as poo poo & Celsius owns

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Celsius is the more bourgeois system

If you want a physics based one that rules use Planck temperatures

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/contrapopulist/status/1171794872367484929

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

That's only because it would be justified to do so

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'll give this guy credit, it's remarkably simple to convince some leftists that a country is anti-imperialist if they just shout pro-worker slogans while doing nothing else different (China). but you don't need to make a terrible comparison to Chile in order to make that point

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

ah the classic “if thing you like was different then you wouldn’t like it. check mate”

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

is it really necessary to say that most people of any stripe are self deluding

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

celsius is for dorks

fahrenheit is for cool dudes who like to say it's 69 degrees outside

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

celsius is for dorks

fahrenheit is for cool dudes who like to say it's 69 degrees outside

69 degrees is, in fact, nice

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Fahrenheit is based on Kelvin which is technically more accurate. It'd make more sense if the freezing point of water was 0 degrees fahrenheit.

This is not true. Kelvin is just Celsius plus 273 degrees. Kelvin is based on Celsius, and Farenheit is independent of both. There's not a "more accurate" set of units for recording temperature.

Civilized Fishbot has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Sep 11, 2019

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Farenheit's 0 degrees is aligned with the freezing point of a brine of equal parts ice, water, and ammonium chloride)

Oh that makes sense.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Elman posted:

Oh that makes sense.

water is also pretty arbitrary

nothing fundamentally wrong with a temperature system that gives humans a rough 0-100 point scale of real-world temperatures that stretch from "cold as balls" to "hot as balls"

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Compared to entropy and atom count, turns out temperature is useful to humans but not really that transcendental of our use of it so it's just not worth it to hunt for a 'true' system.

Serf
May 5, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'll give this guy credit, it's remarkably simple to convince some leftists that a country is anti-imperialist if they just shout pro-worker slogans while doing nothing else different (China). but you don't need to make a terrible comparison to Chile in order to make that point

i think its more about the usa's imperialism, not chile's (??)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LGD posted:

water is also pretty arbitrary

nothing fundamentally wrong with a temperature system that gives humans a rough 0-100 point scale of real-world temperatures that stretch from "cold as balls" to "hot as balls"

the celsius scale has roughly 100 degrees between the coldest and hottest temperatures on earth, centered on the freezing point of water. it just makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Krankenstyle posted:

the celsius scale has roughly 100 degrees between the coldest and hottest temperatures on earth, centered on the freezing point of water. it just makes sense

I'm really worried about anywhere that gets to 100C before -10C is a major concern