Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

http://youtu.be/58BQdJMpIDg

Well I think I know what movie they should watch for their next "Let's Watch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I've learned a while ago to ignore any defense Liam and Woolie say, because they are one of those people that are insecure about liking things without putting up a fake moral.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tae posted:

I've learned a while ago to ignore any defense Liam and Woolie say, because they are one of those people that are insecure about liking things without putting up a fake moral.

Yes. Liam loves his garbage, but is weak of spirit. Therefore a poor vessel for the Vita Thread. woolie however... woolie's had a hard life.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

So I don't know anything about civil war or the tmnt trailer, but it sounded like Pat was spot on with Woolie's hypocriticalism(sp?? lol). It sounded like they showed most bosses that will be in the game, obviously they didn't show EVERYTHING.. but did Pat have a huge call out on Woolie or is something different about the back stories of both that I don't know about?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
The newest trailer shows that a certain character will be in the Civil War movie. Thing is, they announced that character about a year ago, sooooooooooooooooo who gives a gently caress. Oh, wait, Woolie and Liam do, because they watch every single trailer and are offended that the trailers are telling them things because they wanted to go into the movie not knowing anything about it, even though they discussed that very character being in the movie back on the podcast when he was first announced.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

The newest trailer shows that a certain character will be in the Civil War movie. Thing is, they announced that character about a year ago, sooooooooooooooooo who gives a gently caress. Oh, wait, Woolie and Liam do, because they watch every single trailer and are offended that the trailers are telling them things because they wanted to go into the movie not knowing anything about it, even though they discussed that very character being in the movie back on the podcast when he was first announced.

Watching movie trailers seems like a bad idea if you don't want to know anything about the same movies.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

On one hand, some trailers have gotten dumb and show too much, and i can sympathize with people who want to go into something blind.

On the other, Pat is 100% right, trailers are fair game and not spoilers at all. Despite my previous sympathies, I don't get people who are spoiler-adverse but will continue to browse spoiler-prone websites. I think it was in the leadup to Pokemon X/Y but I saw people on the pokemon subreddit losing their poo poo and calling spoilers over stuff Nintendo was posting on their own website. :psyduck:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mystic Mongol posted:

The last part is what gets me.

I know jokes have been made about how the best friends seem like they get hit with amnesia gas at the end of every recording session but jesus

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They then discussed a different trailer that literally revealed all the characters and info about them

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The worst part was Liam later interrupting letter time to inform Woolie "Hey man did you see the new Zero escape news? They revealed the whole cast!" and both of them being legit happy about it.

I'll admit I don't care about spoilers in anything really since I'm still going to get to experience the story/whatever but this poo poo seems ridiculous even for people who are afraid of spoilers.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I can certainly understand what Woolie and Liam meant about the Civil War and Mutants in Manhattan thing being "different." The MCU is this big sprawling narrative told across multiple series with dozens of cool characters. Mutants in Manhattan is a licensed Platinum one-off game. Spider-Man is a seriously big deal and it would've been really awesome to not have the moment itself kind of ruined, even if his inclusion was already known. Super Shredder is, similarly, a big deal in the Turtles world, and it would've been a nice surprise boss at the end of the game, but like... I don't super expect the plot of a Platinum game to be worth keeping secrets about. I like JRPGs and story-heavy games a lot, but that is NOT something I go to Platinum games for.

But at the end of the day I pretty firmly agree with Pat. They were being total hypocrites. I'm glad Matt was agreeing with him because when Pat is the only reasonable one in the group they tend to write it off as Pat being crazy when he's actually super right.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
That's because Pat usually is crazy but he and Matt generally have enough self-awareness that they don't get pulled into this kind of bullshit

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

God almighty, Minecraft was a mistake.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Hold up, what happened to the TNT guy?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I imagine he had a blast.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

It's cool that Culprit shows up in Civil War :classiclol:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

goldblums eyes posted:

the real mvp most valuable post

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

But... where are the jokes???

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goldblums eyes posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

really bold and fresh non-humor for a new generation

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

those jokes are gonna make the kids on the playground loving ironic and introspective as poo poo

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ruggington posted:

those jokes are gonna make the kids on the playground loving ironic and introspective as poo poo

Great... we have a shortage of that.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Quickly, we should figure out how to sell hundreds of pages of Lorem Ipsum to Minecraft geeks!

Oh, wait, nevermind I guess.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whatever happened to the poster who told others of the sacred preserved mining document?
He was Destroyed!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, the Civil War trailer is of the proud lineage of "trailers that tell 80% of the movie's plot", but they really got fixated on Culprit-Aranha? The guy everyone vaguely following news about the movie knew would be in?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dias posted:

I mean, the Civil War trailer is of the proud lineage of "trailers that tell 80% of the movie's plot", but they really got fixated on Culprit-Aranha? The guy everyone vaguely following news about the movie knew would be in?

Also don't ever worry about being spoiled for the plot of a big AAA summer blockbuster action movie. You've already seen it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

they really danced around saying spiderman's name?

lol

Spider-Man is the Culprit!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh wait someone already made that joke, if I didn't sleep this would've been my day.

gently caress Woolie

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also don't ever worry about being spoiled for the plot of a big AAA summer blockbuster action movie. You've already seen it.

I mean, yeah, but it's a lazy trailer thing companies do, so it's worth the token bitching.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Spoilers: A big rear end super bad thing is going to shoot into the sky and the good guys have to stop it by doing mostly CGI action scenes in not great costumes. Someone will get a character moment but then almost die and the secondary cast will finally get to do exactly enough to get a gold star for participation. Also they'll introduce 1-3 new heroes that get almost no real screen time and don't really add much to the story but are there to further build the MCU universe/brand.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hot takes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey I'll have you know the Ant-Man movie only introduced Paul Rudd and Baskin Robbins as future heroes to be set up for later films

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Meanwhile, there's a legit spoiler leak for BvS.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do you mean the entire ad campaign for it

or do you mean the spoiler leak is it's bad.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Baal posted:

Hey I'll have you know the Ant-Man movie only introduced Paul Rudd and Baskin Robbins as future heroes to be set up for later films

The Ant-Man movie is genuinely great but I wish they didn't do the whole "We have to steal the thing to save the world!! From Super soldiers)" I would have preferred kind had the balls to do what the Deadpool movie did and just have it be about some guys using super powers to do something small but personal. Even if he's stealing something important the movie really didn't need the Yellowjacket angle to it imo.

But whatever, we've gotta have a villain the good guy can punch.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ant-man isn't the worst of the lot, but it's a strong contender

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was a good punching scene, even got Thomas the Tank Engine involved not many can say they've done that.

That movie really had some like conceptually hardcore deaths in it for a PG-13, like god drat.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Baal posted:

It's not a spoiler if it's intrinsic knowledge everyone has as a human being.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Do you mean the entire ad campaign for it

I mean a legit "photos from the movie" leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

spider-man is in batman vs superman

the movie has also been renamed batman vs spider-man