Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Two questions:

What happened to PVP ranks? Did they just bump everyone up in ranks or something? I was a Corporal (rank 3) and now I'm rank 50. :what:

And is there any must-have items on the Cash Shop I should grab, outside of expansion souls?

There's so much new stuff it hurts my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Mayor McCheese posted:

Two questions:

What happened to PVP ranks? Did they just bump everyone up in ranks or something? I was a Corporal (rank 3) and now I'm rank 50. :what:

And is there any must-have items on the Cash Shop I should grab, outside of expansion souls?

There's so much new stuff it hurts my brain.

Don't worry, at least you are still pretty. The 150% mount is a nice cash shop purchase to save yourself 1k plat/200 lucky coins. Bag slots are nice of course, chef hat is aces, and the corgi with the top hat companion is mandatory.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Oraculum Animi posted:

Tomorrow I (Belos) want to do some crafting rifts. I haven't done any since pre-SL so hopefully they're not overhwhelming. If you've got a crafting lure come on, if you don't that's fine since we'll need bodies. I prefer 60s to make it easy because I'm lazy.

Machine Elves here, I'll try to be on to do some too, do we have a time frame?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Eltoasto posted:

and the corgi with the top hat companion is mandatory.

Thanks for the quick reply! I suppose since it's mandatory I am left with little option but to invest in corgis.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Post poste posted:

Machine Elves here, I'll try to be on to do some too, do we have a time frame?

Im not sure. Later, probably. 6-8 pm est.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
are there any plans to do GA tonight?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Oraculum Animi posted:

Tomorrow I (Belos) want to do some crafting rifts. I haven't done any since pre-SL so hopefully they're not overhwhelming. If you've got a crafting lure come on, if you don't that's fine since we'll need bodies. I prefer 60s to make it easy because I'm lazy.

I did a few and I'm pretty sure they're exactly the same as old craft rifts except 10 levels higher.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Mayor McCheese posted:

Thanks for the quick reply! I suppose since it's mandatory I am left with little option but to invest in corgis.

Just so you know, a LOT of things you can buy with money from vendors and such can also be bought with credits. Sure you can pay 20plat for something, but you can also pay 30cr instead. There's also Soul Walks you can purchase (while it's on cooldown) if you're insanely impatient.

Make sure you check the Wardrobe page too, there's a huge selection of armor sets you can get for looks. Especially if you feel like making an alt if you like your look now. (Speaking of, you can stick whatever armor you're wearing in the Wardrobe slots if you want to keep their appearance, not just special dress armor sets.)

Infected Mushroom
Nov 4, 2009
Can I get an invite for Dabinu?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
yeah if I could get an invite on Lubanja, that would be great

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Finally got my duders to Deepwood. Can I get invites on Marhom and Nerdlinger?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

shut up gelly posted:

are there any plans to do GA tonight?

Tomorrow.

edit: invitations done up to here.

necrotic fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 6, 2013

cams
Mar 28, 2003

If anyone has interest watching me do Warfronts all drat day (ranked #1 on the leaderboard for WF wins), I'll be streaming. http://www.twitch.tv/camsteh

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
Requesting invites for Salamander and Meranaldar.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
I'm looking for a Weaponsmith to craft some Empyrean Keen Augments and Hardened Madrosa Striker. If you're available drop me a tell in game @Ghostnote.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've asked this in /guild and have gotten different answers. If i were to buy gems, what would be the best things to purchase? The other f2p mmo's I've played have stuff that is worth it and a handful of items that are total ripoffs, seemingly placed there as a trap for new players.

People have suggested the 150% mount, but from what it looks like, mounts are purchasable using normal in game currency.

I bought rift at launch way back in the day a subscribed for a month so I have the expanded bags already.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kzin602 posted:

People have suggested the 150% mount, but from what it looks like, mounts are purchasable using normal in game currency.

I bought rift at launch way back in the day a subscribed for a month so I have the expanded bags already.

Yeah they are purchasable with currency, got 1000 plat handy? If you are a market baron then buy with plat, otherwise save your plat and buy the mount with credits. You get different responses because the F2P system isn't punishing like some games. After souls, mount, and bags, everything left is vanity stuff or boosts for the most part. The brevanic portal generator is very nice to have.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Even if you had 1000 plat it would be cheaper to spend that on REX and then buy the mount and have ~400 credits left over.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Ninkobei posted:

Even if you had 1000 plat it would be cheaper to spend that on REX and then buy the mount and have ~400 credits left over.

If you are considering dropping plat on the mount, listen to this goon.

edit: there's 2x extra inventory bag slots (purchase is for the current character only, not account-wide) and an extra bank vault if you're a hoarder. Not sure on the bank vault cost, but the extra bag slots are ~1000 credits each and two are available. Doesn't make you a better player, but it's something that's very handy and credits-only.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 6, 2013

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

mr. nobody posted:

Doesn't make you a better player

Oxillion would beg to differ :colbert:

(He's a guy from the EU shard Blightweald who endlessly shits up the 1-29 channel even more than it already is by arguing that Rift is P2W and if you disagree, no matter how eloquently and logically, he continues to spend literal hours spouting poorly constructed arguments about everything being subjective. He is either the true definition of a MMO chat troll, or a madman, though I'm more inclined to believe the latter)

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's up with the Curse client not being able to detect my Rift addons? I have my instillation saved in my documents to avoid permission stuff from Program Files and the Curse client can't find them. If it makes a difference, I dragged and dropped my Interface file since I had to format and I didn't want to lose hours of tinkering with addons because of it.

e:Found my problem. Dropped the interface file in to the Rift install directory rather than the documents folder.

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 7, 2013

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit
Sorry all my adsl died (phone posting) trying to reconnect for crafting rift but no joy

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Can someone shoot an invite to Kaiun? Thanks.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

drk posted:

Can someone shoot an invite to Kaiun? Thanks.

Got 'could not invite character' first try, then 'guild invite pending' second try. Hopefully you got an invite, if not please repost.

MagnifiedX
Jan 31, 2003
Atom Splitting Retard
Can I get an invite please?

Character: Tassitus

Xenia
Apr 5, 2004

I'm a vegetable. Honk!
I finally logged back on to my old mage tonight on Deepwood but then it told me the guild moved to Threesprings. So I transferred it over. After logging on there, it said the guild transferred to Deepwood. Welp...See ya in 7 days! :(

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Xenia posted:

I finally logged back on to my old mage tonight on Deepwood but then it told me the guild moved to Threesprings. So I transferred it over. After logging on there, it said the guild transferred to Deepwood. Welp...See ya in 7 days! :(

You might be able to get customer service to fix this, not sure but probably worth a try.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

roboticbears posted:

You might be able to get customer service to fix this, not sure but probably worth a try.

They'd definitely help with this, assuming it doesn't take them that long to respond. CS has been swamped/slow since the game went free to play.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Wondering if I can get a Invite was in Nazgun. In game name is Mintel.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oh god I haven't played this since Nazgun exploded like three months after launch and what is even happening? :gonk: Can I get a guild invite? I'm running around as Gibbis and trying to remember how to heal things.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

mr. nobody posted:

Hopefully you got an invite, if not please repost.

Didn't see we transferred back to Deepwood. If someone can re-invite Kaiun, I transferred, should work now.

Serai
Dec 28, 2009
Do we have designated weaponsmiths? I know I'm leveling but I'm 35 and the best outside of some tiny upgrades since 20 has been the PvP 2h mace and the 30/40 mace is insanely expensive and probably not worth the time spent grinding.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Serai posted:

Do we have designated weaponsmiths? I know I'm leveling but I'm 35 and the best outside of some tiny upgrades since 20 has been the PvP 2h mace and the 30/40 mace is insanely expensive and probably not worth the time spent grinding.

Machineelves and myself are both level 375 in weaponsmithing. Just drop a line when either of us are on and we'll make you something.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Wow, Nazgun lasted only a month after I left? I just remember checking back a while later and finding out Seastone was a trial-only server and I wasn't able to transfer off because I could only do so while doing so with a guild.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Kreczor posted:

Machineelves and myself are both level 375 in weaponsmithing. Just drop a line when either of us are on and we'll make you something.

Has anyone compiled a crafting spreadsheet? It would be useful to know which recipes we're missing, especially with the influx of GM tokens from last nights crifts.

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
Can I get an invite again on sausagewizard

Shitty Treat fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 7, 2013

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Kreczor posted:

Lyrelai, my Warrior, is also a weaponsmith, but not quite level 30-40 items just yet.

With that said, if I get requests, I can make it happen though my Armorsmithing is able to make up to level 50 gear at the moment should you find yourself needing half decent greens to replace 10-20 level old gear. I can also make blue quality gear, but that requires me to buy recipes I don't have. Not that I mind, it just adds a little time to the turnaround.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
The answer for all things crafting is almost always: Antaris. Lord of the crafts and savior of shittily geared goons.

I still wear gear made by Antaris.

d-liquor
Aug 18, 2009

Now Tayne I can get into!
Need an invite for Danlol. Joining the chat now. Thanks for listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Sugar
Jul 26, 2010

Smokey HOOPS
Invite For Hotdad please? Messaging in chat shortly.

• Locked thread