Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I got an optimistic fortune cookie message so I'm riding on that tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Come on in, guys.

As we near the end of the game, these challenges are going to be bigger and more demanding. Today, we will be holding a relay challenge with three legs.

MMM and AnAnonymousIdiot have opted to participate in a reward challenge, and their reward allows them to bypass this segment of the relay by winning an advantage. The reward challenge results will be posted at a later date.

Chic Trombone, DoggPickle, and imgay will be competing in this leg of the challenge.

An important part of Survivor is the social aspect of this game. The first leg of this challenge will test how much you've learned about your fellow contestants.

All five jurors have filled out the following survey:

quote:

What did you study/are you studying in school?
Do you have brothers or sisters?
Which pre-jury booted player did you most respect and why?
What challenge were you best at?

On a scale of 1-100, with 1 being the least and 100 being the most, how blindsided were you by your exit?
From 1-100, how hard did you play this game?
edit: message sent to plays on Skype - For the brothers/sisters question, guess how many of each.
Fast Luck, Today 8:37 PM

In the next fifteen minutes, participating players will send me one PM consisting of the answers they believe each juror provided. In other words, you will have five sets of answers, one for each juror. If you need reminding, the jurors are: Rurea, AnonymousNarcotics, Strong Mouse, Jato, and garthoneeye. If you don't know an answer, you can guess or leave it blank.

For the first four questions quoted above, you will receive a point for each answer you correctly identify. For the latter two, the person with the guess closest to the respondent's answer will receive a point. If two people are equally close, they will both receive a point. If there is a tie on the final score, and not all of the tied players can advance to the next round, the person who submitted their answers last will be eliminated.

You are not to communicate amongst yourselves during this challenge!

Two of you will be moving on to the next phase of the challenge. This challenge begins now!

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 10, 2015

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey guys what did you put for Do you have brothers or sisters?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
If anyone has every paid attention to anything I've ever said, that's a silly zero-win question =D

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I think I did that right. My formatting looks like a monkey attacked my computer, but in the end I THINK it was near correct :downs:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress, c'mon guys I need these answers now

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I feel bad about how few of those I think I knew :saddowns:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I feel bad about the sexies that I never got to know :( (I'm still hearing myself in Aussie in my head) It's WEIRD.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chic seems not to know the definition of 'pre-jury boot,' and DoggPickle seems to have missed a clarification on the brothers and sisters question. Still tallying the answers here.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no way I don't have the winning answers here

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imgay

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

It feels like I'm in a Church with people hiding behind paper shades with this challenge.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

Chic seems not to know the definition of 'pre-jury boot,' and DoggPickle seems to have missed a clarification on the brothers and sisters question. Still tallying the answers here.

Meh I have none. I either think NONE of a bunch of ankle biters.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

For Rurea... the players answered as follows:

On a scale of 1-100, with 1 being the least and 100 being the most, how blindsided were you by your exit?

Chic Trombone
No idea
No idea
garth
Fashion

DoggPickle
Languages
Yes
CirclMastr
Jumping
N/A

imgay
Computer science
1 brother 1 trans sister
CirclMastr
Weight calculation

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The correct answers, as stated by Rurea, were:
Almost nothing
1 sister
HiipFire
Fashion

Chic Trombone nails the challenge and gets the point on the blindside!
imgay gets the point for how hard Rurea played.

2-0-1 is the score, Chic, Dogg, imgay.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

For AnonymousNarcotics...

Chic
No idea
None
MMM
Quotation Hell

Dogg
Psychology
Yes
CirclMastr
Cocnot Chop
N/A

imgay
Computer science
1 brother 1 trans sister
CirclMastr
Weight calculation

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The correct answers were:

Special education
1 brother
Met
Haggle

Chic Trombone gets the point on the effort and blindside question!

The score is 4-0-1.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

For Strong Mouse

Chic
No idea
No idea
MMM
Weight calculation

Dogg
Networking
Yes
CirclMastr
The first challenge
N/A

imgay
Computer science
1 brother 1 trans sister
CirclMastr
Weight calculation

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The answers were:

Computer science
1 brother
Met
Jumping course + slide puzzle (challenge #1)

imgay gets computer science correct and gets the question about how hard he played exactly right!
DoggPickle guesses the correct best challenge.
Chic guesses closest to how blindsided he was.

5-1-3, Chic, Dogg, imgay.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Let's see how well you know Jato.

Chic
No idea
No idea
MMM
Earth Empires

Dogg
Getting high
Yes
CirclMastr
Earth Empires
N/A

imgay
Computer science
1 brother 1 trans sister
CirclMastr
Weight calculation

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The answers were:

Computer science
1 sister
Met
Earth Empires

imgay hits the computer science and effort in play questions!
Chic gets the blindsided question and the challenge question!
Dogg gets the challenge question!

Updated score:

7-2-5. Chic in the lead and imgay in second.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Our last juror, garthoneeye.

Chic says
No idea
No idea
Chic and Dogg
Awful Feud

Dogg says
Networking
Yes
CirclMastr
Earth Empires
N/A

imgay says
Computer science
1 brother 1 trans sister
CirclMastr
Weight calculation

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Correct answers!

Math
1 sister
Met
Jumping puzzle

Chic gets a point for game effort and blindsided level!
imgay also gets a point for blindsided level!

Final score.....

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chic Trombone knows the jury best, with 9 points.

imgay knows goons in general, getting 6 points.

DoggPickle struggled, picking up only 2 points.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

However.....

imgay has a dinner engagement and will bow out of the challenge.

DoggPickle and Chic Trombone advance for leg two of the relay, so all that was for nothing! Whoa!

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Final SCORE IS DOGGPICKLE just got wrecked because she has N/A for 1/5 answers, because of poor diction and a confusing sentence. Yeah now I'm actually salty.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imgay

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

imgay was eliminated in the first leg of the challenge. For the rest of you, we will now begin phase two of the contest.

This ambitiously designed challenge has five stations. Completing any of these stations will result in you being awarded a bag of puzzle pieces. You need only to acquire three bags of puzzle pieces in order to move on and compete in the final leg of the challenge. The first two finishers will move on to the final puzzle.

Two of these stations will take the form of cryptic clues. You may not be able to decipher them, but if you do, you could end up getting a puzzle bag quickly, which might be the edge you need to win this challenge. Send me the answer to these clues, and you will receive a puzzle bag.

Two of these stations will test your physical ability. These challenges are flash games with benchmarks that you should be able to meet, but they will take a set amount of time to do so. Once you reach these benchmarks, take a screenshot of your accomplishment and send it to me, and I will give you a bag of puzzle pieces.

The final station tests what you've learned in this game, as it is a repeat of a type of puzzle we had earlier this season. Complete the puzzle and send me a link to your completed work, and you will receive a bag of puzzle pieces. Survivors, when you're ready I will post the five stations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm ready!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I go now to the halls of my fathers.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Cryptic clues
Clue #1

To find the first bag, start at the end.

Clue #2

Something your survey says.

If you find the answers to these clues, you'll know it.

Physical challenge: Endurance games
Game #1

http://www.kongregate.com/games/BadFlashGames93/endurance?acomplete=endurance
Goal: Score 300

Game #2

http://www.kongregate.com/games/chitown15/endurance-idle?acomplete=endurance
Goal: Reach 5 minutes

The return of the jumping puzzle:

Puzzle: http://i.imgur.com/Q6Ams6h.png
Goal: Complete the jumping puzzle by starting at any yellow square, and touching each square once. You must jump two spaces if you move horizontally or vertically, or one square if you jump diagonally. For an example, see the previous post containing this challenge here.

FIRST two players to finish will advance to the final round. Bring me your answers when you find them, as the thread will be updated with your progress. And feel free to jump from station to station to find what works best for you. Good luck!

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I just give up. I'm too mad about round 1, and I couldn't give a lesser crap about these flash games where my touchpad makes it nearly impossible. Have fun guys. I will be last, and I don't care anymore.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chic Trombone, coming in with some bags!

CHIC TROMBONE, ONLY ONE BAG AWAY FROM ADVANCING!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM comes in with his first bag!

CHIC TROMBONE COMES BACK ALSO WITH THAT BAG!

Chic Trombone is through to the final round! Who will she face???

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
The yellow and white jumping thing won't let me click ANYWHERE. The maze thing, either I hit up or down and it does nothing, or sends the "guy" rocketing a million miles into space or into hell. F this. G Luck everyone else.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DoggPickle posted:

The yellow and white jumping thing won't let me click ANYWHERE.
It is an image. You need to write on it in with an image editor or print it out and write on it or transcribe it into a google doc or something.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I have the nagging feeling that I'm behind and that wouldn't matter much. But thanks for the 10 minutes late description of how that one works.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM has his jumping puzzle.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'm legitimately putting in zero effort at this point, and from now on. This THING has taken most of my life for a month. If I can't get a fair shake on a challenge where I actually deserve one, I don't give a flying FOOK what happens next. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnAnonymousIdiot has submitted his jumping puzzle...

But there's an error!

Chic Trombone still waiting...

• Locked thread