Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Rules say Offense: Blocked punt or FG return for TD: 6 points. Defense: Blocked Kicks – 6 points.
We don't have a rule for points for a blocked punt, nor for blocked punts/kicks returned for TDs on defense. Probably we should rationalize those:

Some amount of points for blocked punts alone (e.g., not returned for a TD) and some amount of points for blocked kicks (how can you block a kickoff? I think this is supposed to be blocked FGs/PATs), and then some amount of points for blocked FG/PATs returned for a score (TD in the case of FGs, 1pt in the case of blocked PAT returned to the opposite end zone). And for that matter, there's also the rarest score in football, the 1-pt safety.

I'd say that blocked PAT/FG/punt is probably worth 4 points (the equivalent of a FF)? Returned for a TD should be worth a TD -- 6 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Should there not be consideration of the relative impact of the play? Blocking a FG prevents your opponent from scoring 3 points and is a turnover (but you were getting the ball anyway) plus possibly better field position or possibly worse, depending on where the kickoff return would have wound up; blocking a punt almost definitely gets you superior field position (but is not really a turnover since you were getting the ball on that play with no score for your opponent anyway), and blocking a PAT prevents your opponent from scoring 1 point but is not a turnover.

Or do we instead just argue all three represent similar difficulty, and we should score players' actions based on difficulty rather than importance to the game outcome?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Should there not be consideration of the relative impact of the play? Blocking a FG prevents your opponent from scoring 3 points and is a turnover (but you were getting the ball anyway) plus possibly better field position or possibly worse, depending on where the kickoff return would have wound up; blocking a punt almost definitely gets you superior field position (but is not really a turnover since you were getting the ball on that play with no score for your opponent anyway), and blocking a PAT prevents your opponent from scoring 1 point but is not a turnover.

Or do we instead just argue all three represent similar difficulty, and we should score players' actions based on difficulty rather than importance to the game outcome?

I'd be okay with there being some kind of scaling consideration, but I'd also be okay with just saying they represent similar difficulty. Blocking a PAT has the least value but is probably the hardest.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

you're assuming FGM percentage on unblocked kicks is 100%

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

you're assuming FGM percentage on unblocked kicks is 100%

I'm sure the kicker is too, lol

but yeah I'm sure taking that into account means we should score blocked FG attempts at say 3.9 points instead of 4.0 points?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Fuckin nerds ITT. Just make them the same or 1pt difference and call it a day. They happen twice a year and have zero impact on our games.

I was just saying I gotta add it to scoring.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
they should be the same

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

poo poo. Had a lovely week, last night just spent the evening with my wife, totally forgot to do waivers, and now I need an IDP guy because Morgan Burnett and Sean Lee are both Out.

Actually I could promote Taco and play him, but I'd still need to drop someone. So, I'm looking to trade away a guy. Either trade a player for a startable IDP player, or trade a player for a taxi-squad-eligible player, or do a two-for-one, or just trade one player for picks to free up that roster slot for Taco Charlton. Need to do it before tomorrow morning obviously. Hit me up, dudes.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

poo poo. Had a lovely week, last night just spent the evening with my wife, totally forgot to do waivers, and now I need an IDP guy because Morgan Burnett and Sean Lee are both Out.

Actually I could promote Taco and play him, but I'd still need to drop someone. So, I'm looking to trade away a guy. Either trade a player for a startable IDP player, or trade a player for a taxi-squad-eligible player, or do a two-for-one, or just trade one player for picks to free up that roster slot for Taco Charlton. Need to do it before tomorrow morning obviously. Hit me up, dudes.

And Lee is supposed to miss 3 weeks.

Looks like Chefs might have an extra IDP and woodhead has to come off IR.

I don't need Bennett, but don't see much of a fit for a trade.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I got 2 guys on bye if that helps you Leper.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
just cut eli lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Worked out a trade with Zauper. I'm pretty happy to get Micah Hyde, and the more I thought about Gio the less I liked his situation so that's OK too.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Worked out a trade with Zauper. I'm pretty happy to get Micah Hyde, and the more I thought about Gio the less I liked his situation so that's OK too.

Wasn't with me! But yes, you should be fine now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah it was The Zack. You guys both have Zs in your name so I got you switched in my head.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
It was actually me. Maybe I'm underestimating IDPs, but I've been picking up good ones off the waiver wire. I think Gio still has a future, too.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

The Zack posted:

It was actually me. Maybe I'm underestimating IDPs, but I've been picking up good ones off the waiver wire. I think Gio still has a future, too.

Waiver wire has some viable IDP for sure.

Hyde is DB6, better than you're going to find on WW (more likely to find someone in your other two's tier). I don't think gio will have a useful role until next year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He might, but as has been poitned out to me in another thread, his contract with the Bengals isn't over this year and Mixon is clearly the lead there, so I think next year he's stuck as a backup again/still. Unless the Bengals trade him, but why would they? So my problem with him will be unless Mixon is hurt, when do I start the guy in the next two years? Also the Bengals are kind of sucking now, too.

So I don't mind letting him go. I got him in a trade earlier this season and almost immediately started regretting it so I'm happy to just not have to worry about him any more.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Zauper posted:

And Lee is supposed to miss 3 weeks.

Looks like Chefs might have an extra IDP and woodhead has to come off IR.

I don't need Bennett, but don't see much of a fit for a trade.

Yeah I saw that and took care of it. Even freed up a roster spot while doing it!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Zauper posted:

Waiver wire has some viable IDP for sure.

Hyde is DB6, better than you're going to find on WW (more likely to find someone in your other two's tier). I don't think gio will have a useful role until next year.

I found Hyde on the waiver wire.:)

And I agree, Gio won't be useful til next year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
man if y'all need IDPs i got plenty

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Unless Tevin Coleman scores 40, all of division 2 will be 6-5.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I like the point adjustments better when they benefit ME, not the other way around!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

The Zack posted:

Unless Tevin Coleman scores 40, all of division 2 will be 6-5.

Hey man, Jimmy Graham could fumble like 5 times and do nothing else and the Whalers could pull off a win!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So the day I finally put up enough points to actually beat half the teams I get stomped.

Unsubscribe.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
came down to the wire this week!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1017 Brick Squad has set the third-highest score in our league since we moved to MFL; and if he'd started Keenan Allen over any of his WR or his Flex, he'd have busted the top score and set a new #1. Of course, he currently holds the #1 on that list anyway.

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=79286&O=156

Point being, 1017 is totally dominating this year (1729.52 Points For on the season) and I feel better about making bad starting decisions when no decision I've made would have changed the outcome.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
drat. and that's with losing the #1 QB too.

I really didn't expect my RBs to be carrying me or even be good at all this season but Mark Ingram and Shady have been incredible and consistent

I'm sure they'll die by the playoffs

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
If anyone here invents time travel please remind me that Case loving Keenum is a viable starter for most of the year.

What the gently caress

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Spermy Smurf posted:

If anyone here invents time travel please remind me that Case loving Keenum is a viable starter for most of the year.

What the gently caress

Also can said time traveler tell me that yes it would have been a good idea to try to trade for a new QB instead of relying on Dak.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Epi Lepi posted:

Also can said time traveler tell me that yes it would have been a good idea to try to trade for a new QB instead of relying on Dak.

gently caress Dak Prescott.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Want keenum?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I guess I should be starting Kizer,ffs

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Holy :lol: at your QBs. Smith is doing Smith things, Eli and Tribs combined for less than 5...

And you had 12 of them at one point.

Edit: why aren't the chiefs giving the ball to Hunt? 11 touches? What the gently caress. Give it to Hunt, open up field for Tyreek.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

keuchly :swoon:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oh god dammit crabtree. yes talib is a dick, but you have to be the mature one you fuckstick. ugggh. I was so close to starting Ginn over him, too.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I was just coming here to post "Crabtree heartsmiley" too.

C'mon, let me shitpost, it's all I've got left.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
barely scoring half what I did last week

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Thanks for deciding to show up this week, Julio.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ricky seals-jones is a real actual football player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Big Ben to AB84 saving my rear end in two leagues.