Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

p sure he got blacklisted

for ~ruining the gameplay~ of random dickheads in archeage lmbo

was p funny stuff, tl;dr poo poo on DBRB and Gicer in ArcheAge and they got super mad.

They took revenge by blacklisting me from goons in EVE. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Puskarich posted:

I was going to make a point to post here more regularly to let dudes know that Groon is alive and recruiting, but I'll let it die again if it means I never have to come back to this thread.

Join Groon.

Make a Groon thread!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

was p funny stuff, tl;dr poo poo on DBRB and Gicer in ArcheAge and they got super mad.

so actual question

is dbrb retarded and terrilble or actually good for goonfleet despite being a goony gently caress

i hear wildly mixed reviews depending on who's talking about him

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

fuckin goons man

thats such a stupid reason to boot someone

it did happen

when deadtear says 'ruining the gameplay' what he means is that 'dbrb & etc' wanted to ally with literally everyone in the ocean with a fishing pole out, and not everyone agreed with that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

so actual question

is dbrb retarded and terrilble or actually good for goonfleet despite being a goony gently caress

from what I have heard about him, yes and yes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
$230 spent on my avatar since April 30th btw

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
thats fair he can definitely be both

eonwe you are truly the wisest spinning pink elephant

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank you I appreciate it!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Eonwe posted:

$230 spent on my avatar since April 30th btw

Why has lowtax not sent you a thank you letter yet

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Magres posted:

so actual question

probably yes to all the things.

Terrible in the sense that he calls people a J4G despite actually just being some guy from the penny arcade forums, good for goonfleet in the sense that long after all other FCs burn out, he will still be out losing interceptor fleets to TEST.

also special shoutout to Eonwe, helping keep SA in business, you do good work friend.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Kimsemus posted:

W-w-w-wait a second. Sion was clear in those leaked logs that blacklists were not for personal grudges, especially at the coalition level. Coalition level blacklists were for those that did the coalition as a whole harm and promised to do more.

How serious was your fishing treaty gaffe? :stonk:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Siets posted:

How do you avoid getting ganked or hotdropped? I wouldn't trust myself to do it unless I knew that.

Also the last time I researched constellations for this, basically Hysera was the only lowsec system that had all highsec neighbor systems and would allow for a 1-carrier setup. There was also a gallente system that had 3 lowsec with the rest highsec in its constellation. Everything else was like 5+ lowsec systems, which means you'd want a carrier in each of those 5+ systems so that you don't have to cyno or go gate-to-gate. What other constellations/factions are out there, or is that it?

There's more to it, like constellation geography and other things. Out of like ~200 missions I've run, only a dozen times has anyone tried to probe me down, and this is on a neutral alt with no affiliations to anyone. All you do is warp in, MWD align out, and do the mission and if you see probes cut your losses and dock up for an hour or something.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dr. Pangloss posted:

W-w-w-wait a second. Sion was clear in those leaked logs that blacklists were not for personal grudges, especially at the coalition level. Coalition level blacklists were for those that did the coalition as a whole harm and promised to do more.

it was in another game entirely so it shouldn't matter if he shattered the whole goon guild

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

I think you could get unblacklisted if you wanted.

come home to goons

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I haven't played eve for years, someone please confirm it is still a bad game. Also why are you called Imperium now, is it because it sounds better for that book guy?

My boat story is that I kept falling for his 'form up for a fleet that definitely isn't actually a pos bash' pings.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

There's more to it, like constellation geography and other things.

I'd be curious to hear about this, since the mechanics are not very well documented (at least that I could find when I went about Googling the topic a year ago.)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Pangloss posted:

so basically, what happened was we were playing Archeage

we had a special person by the name of BobFromMarketing

You know who this is I'm sure. Well, some of the leaders wanted to shield him and make excuses for him (and even try to sneak him back in to the guild). That caused the AA guild leader to step down from all the drama. He put one of his friends in power, who almost immediately stopped playing due to family issues. At this point, we had no guild leader since the person who was the actual guild leader stopped playing. This left the officers, of which Kimsemus, Gicer, DBRB, and multiple other people were a part of. Some officers (like DBRB) wanted to ally everyone in the ocean that was fishing in a 'fishing pact.' Other officers wanted to pirate people, since the ocean is an open PvP zone.

Since there was no guild leader to make a decision, it was just a bunch of people screaming at each other about what we were actually doing. Kimsemus continued pirating people on the ocean, pissing off the fishing pact folks, who then got him blacklisted.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Which is still retarded since its an entirely separate game and also its boat

pissing off boat should get you promoted imo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats an actual thing that happened

some goons tried to shield a pedophile, some goons tried to ally literally everyone in an open PvP zone, some goons ran dungeons and made everyone give them the armor (to outfit people fairly) and then ran off with the armor, some goons ran off with castle materials

kimsemus pirated people in an open PvP zone, and was called the goonfucker

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Kim ran pvp fleets to kill fishers and take their stuff because that's what goons wanted to do, DBRB and Gicer had set up these vast fishing alliances to guarantee safe fishing for goons and then cried because these goons were out killing people. They said it was for the betterment of all goons in AA, and it was right up to the point when they had a fit and left and took a bunch of the resources that would have been used to build a goon castle.

basically DBRB complained that pvp happened in a pvp game and then kicked kimsemus out of evegoons for it

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Tim Jong-un posted:

Make a Groon thread!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2717245&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1]

If Groon joins the MBC then we will finally have use for this.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

thats an actual thing that happened

some goons tried to shield a pedophile, some goons tried to ally literally everyone in an open PvP zone, some goons ran dungeons and made everyone give them the armor (to outfit people fairly) and then ran off with the armor, some goons ran off with castle materials

kimsemus pirated people in an open PvP zone, and was called the goonfucker

It's been a long time coming, Eonwe. Free Kimsemus might become a reality.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dr. Pangloss posted:

It wasn't. Gicer was trying to erect DBRB as a sock puppet officer in a guild of 2000 people who didn't ever play EVE because they wanted to run AA like an alliance in EVE. They made pacts with pretty much everyone on the ocean fishing that they wouldn't be attacked so goon boats wouldn't be attacked. The problem is that this is the main PVP activity in the main PVP area in the game and they did so without a thought for the hundreds of people that were PVPing nightly before they got there. They had some rule about not pirating where goons were fishing which we respected, but when we began pirating people they blamed all goons, which you know, is normal, because open world PVP in an open world PVP game.

Anyway, Gicer and DBRB got super, super loving mad and sperged.

When they realized that most goons didn't give a poo poo who was a director in EVE or not, they quit, we kept pirating, and I was blacklisted in EVE and kicked from goonwaffe to settle a personal vendetta.

Eonwe posted:

You know who this is I'm sure. Well, some of the leaders wanted to shield him and make excuses for him (and even try to sneak him back in to the guild). That caused the AA guild leader to step down from all the drama. He put one of his friends in power, who almost immediately stopped playing due to family issues. At this point, we had no guild leader since the person who was the actual guild leader stopped playing. This left the officers, of which Kimsemus, Gicer, DBRB, and multiple other people were a part of. Some officers (like DBRB) wanted to ally everyone in the ocean that was fishing in a 'fishing pact.' Other officers wanted to pirate people, since the ocean is an open PvP zone.

Since there was no guild leader to make a decision, it was just a bunch of people screaming at each other about what we were actually doing. Kimsemus continued pirating people on the ocean, pissing off the fishing pact folks, who then got him blacklisted.

Yeah, there was also the BFM drama as well. But since he got permabanned as a result, I am glad of it.

Drythe posted:

I think you could get unblacklisted if you wanted.

come home to goons

I would love to get un-blacklisted. I enjoy living in lowsec though, and Shadow Cartel are good people. But I sort of miss the goon culture in EVE when a lot of stuff wasn't taken so seriously.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 4, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"you seem to forget I was an EVE director"

i forgot about that, lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Kimsemus AA PVP stuff was actually fun. As were the Rust raids, and from what I hear the AO PVP stuff he ran were decent as well. What I'm saying is, despite some of his failings, Kimsemus is more fun to play internet games with than DBRB ever will be.

Vote Kimsemus 2016.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Eonwe posted:

So in an EVE context, Kim got the boot because he'd rather slay nerds than rat/fish in peace.

This pretty much meets my expectation of the Imperium.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I forgot about the "Boat is a goon hero" thing, lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my coworkers all hate goons and they have been especially smug, so I would like to see you guys kick their poo poo in

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008

Tim Jong-un posted:

Make a Groon thread!

Yeah we used to have one, and then they made us share threads. I just got Endie to update our little section of the old thread like last week, and then this new thread happened.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Eonwe posted:

my coworkers all hate goons and they have been especially smug, so I would like to see you guys kick their poo poo in

I think Mittani said his plan was essentially to bore them to death and make them hate fighting this war.

Or something, I zoned out during the sotg

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Unfunny Poster posted:

The Kimsemus AA PVP stuff was actually fun. As were the Rust raids. What I'm saying is, despite some of his failings, Kimsemus is more fun to play internet games with than DBRB ever will be.

Vote Kimsemus 2016.

I certainly have made mistakes, but really all I want to do is PVP mans in games with my friends and fellow goons. EVE included.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

how many of them are citizens of the 'hearse

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

i adore that first paragraph because i took myself too seriously 9 years ago, but never to that fuckin degree

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can you guys explain why the other factions couldn't hold your territory

I keep seeing that in this thread, but I'm wondering what that actually means

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

Please don't wish for me to be hurt in this war friend.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 4, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
We're waiting for citadel, so that PL totally won't drop swordfleets with their new instalocking ultradps supers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

how many of them are citizens of the 'hearse

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Please don't wish for me to be hurt in this war friend.

join goons!!!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

can you guys explain why the other factions couldn't hold your territory

I keep seeing that in this thread, but I'm wondering what that actually means

The group I'm in, Pandemic Legion, aren't really big into holding space. For around a year or two we ran one of the most lucrative rental empires (pubbies paid us in-game money to use systems and be protected by us) but prior to that we were a roaming group that took mercenary contracts and just looked for people to dunk on. The two groups affiliated with PL are Pandemic Horde (new player focused group) who have systems in Nullsec but on the other side of the map from the fighting and Waffles, who also don't take sov because they too dislike it and prefer to roam around and shoot nerds indiscriminately.

The others are pretty much a rag tag crew of former or current sov holders who, while having space of their own to some degree or the other, are fairly weaker than the CFC is. Especially if they're not all teaming up against the CFC. It's also a lot of systems that are being fought over, I think there's at least over 100, and so not everyone is going to be able to hold onto all of them etc. At least that's the theory.

Eonwe posted:

join goons!!!

I, like Kimsemus, am blacklisted from Goons. At least I think I still am.

Mittani gave me an amnesty offer a while back but I politely declined it. That and I sort of help run Pandemic Horde and would feel bad bailing on them since I put a lot of ~effort~ into some of the stuff that has gone on over the past year.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 4, 2016

• Locked thread