Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imagine if the DLC too you to demon souls and unlocked the land of the Giants :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's gay that there's spells and stuff locked behind NG+ and you have to beat the game three times at least to get all the boss weapons and spells but I was going to play at least NG+ anyway.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

HolePisser1982 posted:

finishing off the host with the damage from the armor of thorns roll has me soaring

lmao i was doing that for awhile. i would get them to chug all their estus and then just whittle them down with it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

I think it's gay that there's spells and stuff locked behind NG+ and you have to beat the game three times at least to get all the boss weapons and spells but I was going to play at least NG+ anyway.

Why is that Larry?

Edit: autocorrect changed Gay to Larry. My bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Why is that Larry?

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

no one's forcing you to do ng+3. if you wanna try new stuff you can roll new characters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found the uh undeground lake with a ballista and giant gently caress off lightning worm so hotta here lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Why is that Larry?

Please don't let Larry Parish drag down the Larry name

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Invaders actually risk a lot since now you lose your souls and have to retrieve them if you die.
My biggest problem with covenants right now is how weapon tier transitions seem to break the watchdogs covenant (+3->+4) and bluebros later on (+6->+7)

Yea I dont invade with more than 1k souls on hand though. Invaders get to dictate exactly how much they risk but a host can be totally hosed over by your presence

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

You're "Cut my human being Head Off" Smelly Larry and he's 30 year old 7-11 employee Edgelord Larry... Yours sounds worse but its not, dont worry.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think we're both dragging it down

Bobnumerotres posted:

no one's forcing you to do ng+3. if you wanna try new stuff you can roll new characters

Thats why I think it's sorta dumb but it doesn't bother me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

You're "Cut my human being Head Off" Smelly Larry and he's 30 year old 7-11 employee Edgelord Larry... Yours sounds worse but its not, dont worry.

I am no longer smelly.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i think it's cool and good to have diffzrznt enemies and enemy placement that's harder in ng+, for my rippling strength man to conquer, but locking items besides +1 poo poo behind ng+ is pretty fail

like another one of the dragons comin to live on the walls, that's good ng+ changes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kinda annoying that old demon king has like a geometry box on his weapon and I keep sliding all over the place. It's hard to stay oriented in that fight

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I am no longer smelly.

:rolleyes:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

i wanna coop for it just to see how ridiculous it is.

i know this goes for p. much every boss but coop REALLY makes that fight a cinch. like the whole point is that it's a huge mob vs one rear end in a top hat who waltzes in

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it wouldve been incredible if there were bonus mobs for every phantom you brought in but that would probably make the ps4 melt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the first time that I feel like I'm fighting the camera. Never a fun feeling. Im gonna try getting summoned for it to see if I can get a better grasp on the moves or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Usually when you roll through an attack you just move like you normally would but this time I get like stuck in the weapon model and move around the boss arena like an air hockey puck. It looks very strange lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It's kinda annoying that old demon king has like a geometry box on his weapon and I keep sliding all over the place. It's hard to stay oriented in that fight

Yeah same. I almost killed him and then kept getting stuck between his club and feet.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Usually when you roll through an attack you just move like you normally would but this time I get like stuck in the weapon model and move around the boss arena like an air hockey puck. It looks very strange lol

its bad. similar stuff happened w/ the big dudes in bloodborne. i actually kind of dont like that fight but theres zero reason to do it unless you want the new dragon god fireball

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I love when you reach an area where you can tell the game is done playing around with you.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I love when you reach an area where you can tell the game is done playing around with you.

thats what every area feels like so far lol. especially irithyll though im getting pounded here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Punked Wolnir once I figured out his weak point

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The crabs respawn 😩

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
As a psycho path who poured several cycles and countless hours into chalice dungeons perfecting my gems I'm not going to come in here and pretend that locking superior rings behind ng plus cycles doesn't actually get me very horny

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

thats what every area feels like so far lol. especially irithyll though im getting pounded here

Lol that's the exact area I'm talking about.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i havent died this much since i played dark souls 1 for the first time.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't tell you how many runs through undead parish I did up past the boar before I saw the ladder shortcut under the bridge.

I'm somewhat disappointed that the high wall didn't gently caress me for hours like central yharman though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Irithyll is beautiful...

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
does anything happen if you curl up in pump a rums nest.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It deleted your character

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Irithyll is beautiful...

I had to just put my controller down and look at it when I first got there. From really outdid themselves

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

does anything happen if you curl up in pump a rums nest.

The bird sucks your dick off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres an npc invader in the swamp, but i never saw him and he died offscreen, and i got his gear. tragic

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
lmao ive been sunbroing for awhile on the champion gundyr and it took me forever to realize that "Sword Master" was an npc i thought some dude was just cosplaying as the master and we kept getting matched up

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

As a psycho path who poured several cycles and countless hours into chalice dungeons perfecting my gems I'm not going to come in here and pretend that locking superior rings behind ng plus cycles doesn't actually get me very horny

i used to be sad that dark souls ng+ was harder than ng because i liked ng+ in castlevania games where you just roll over every enemy and its real short and fun. but since bloodborne ive discovered that ng+ is so you can play the game again. and again. and again. and again. and its always fresh

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Irithyll is beautiful...

its definitely the most beautiful thing ive ever seen in a game

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Haven't played this game in almost 48 hours and I'm starting to get the shakes. So close. 2 more hours of work then I'm gonna balls deep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have to stop though because everything is kicking my rear end.

• Locked thread