Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Stolen from the Blessed Pictures thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

What happens to bad rainbows?

They get sent to prism. They usually get a light sentence which gives them time to reflect.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

This joke is notable mainly because it's the only joke from a joke book that I've never read or heard anywhere else.

Ed goes into a bar and sees a large shape under a sheet. He lifts it up and a beautifully groomed Lorikeet starts singing 'Love for Sale'. "Good, isn't it?" says the guy in the next seat. "Name a standard and he'll sing it." Ed thinks about and says: "OK, do 'Mack the Knife'". The bird pelts out the song, in a passable imitation of Louis Armstrong's voice. Next they get him to do some Sinatra, Billie Holiday, some scat singing. The bird displays astonishing versatility.

"Wow" Says Ed. "This bird is amazing. I know a club owner, I'd like to book him for some shows, people would love it."
"You can have him for $200 and a double of whiskey" says the guy. "I'm sick of trying to make it in showbiz."
"It's a deal" says Ed. I'll go out to the machine and get some cash right now".
Ed comes back and there's now two cages on the bar. The bird in the second one looks awful, with dull, bleary eyes, missing feathers and the dogend of a cigarette in it's beak. From the look of the bottom of the cage, it's got a two pack a day habit. Ed says "You can leave him. he looks like he'll keel over before I get home."
"Sorry" says the guy "but you gotta take both. This one's the singer, and this one's the arranger."

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Yesterday I was so happy I jumped for joy…… and fell straight into an open manhole!

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Yesterday I was so happy I jumped for Joy.

I don't know why she constantly asks me to but I was already happy so I thought I'd be nice this time

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
You: "what's the difference between me and a piece of furniture?"

Them: "I don't know"

You (looking awkward): "oh poo poo, I'd better work on my conversational skills eh?"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Passed onto me just now:

There are 10 kinds of people - 1 kind who can count in hexadecimal, and F the rest of them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What's the worst kind of table?

It's debatable.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

A guy walks into a bar. The bartender stops his cleaning and says to the man, “Interesting choice of pet there. What’s his name?”

The man takes a seat and, with beer in hand he replies, “Tiny.”

The bartender pauses. “Why Tiny?”

The man takes another sip before responding. “Because he’s my newt.”

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jedit posted:

Passed onto me just now:

There are 10 kinds of people - 1 kind who can count in hexadecimal, and F the rest of them.

Took me a bit to not read that as "-1 kind" and expect an integer underflow joke.

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017
Q: why does fish-eating mammal cross road? A: because it otter

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017
How many Surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb? Giraffe

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017
Allo allo allo, my cat's got no ears. How does it smell? Through its bum.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
As the programmer was heading out, their spouse called out to them. "Dear, while you're at the store, buy some eggs."
The programmer never came home.

These two jokes are intended to be told together:

Why did the chicken cross the road? To go to the fool's house

Knock knock.
(Who's there?)
The chicken

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Where do you take someone who has been injured in a peekaboo accident?
The ICU

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Nebrilos posted:

As the programmer was heading out, their spouse called out to them. "Dear, while you're at the store, buy some eggs."
The programmer never came home.

The programmer's spouse asks them to pick up some bread, and if they have any eggs get six.

As the programmer returns home with six loaves of bread their spouse breaks down in tears. "I can't live like this any more, I'm leaving you."

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Elendil004 posted:

Where do you take someone who has been injured in a peekaboo accident?
The ICU

Did you hear about the new sport called Quiet Tennis?

It's like tennis, but without all the racket

Deer Blind Dad Jokes ftw

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
My kid told me a run of jokes that I really liked and never heard.

How do you put an elephant in the fridge?
Open the fridge door, put the elephant in, close the fridge.

How do you put a giraffe in the fridge?
Take the elephant out and put the giraffe in.

The lion is having a birthday party, who is missing?
The giraffe because he was left in the fridge.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

How do you fit four elephants in a Mini Cooper?

Two in the front, two in the back.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

for fucks sake posted:

And 7 in the ashtray.

joke from a time many years ago when cars had ashtrays and we made terrible jokes about the 7 astronauts that died in the Challenger explosion

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Also rehashed after the Waco / Branch Davidian incident.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pretty sure it was about Jews long before then.

Come to think of it It was about fitting n into a VW Beetle

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

for fucks sake posted:

How many giraffes can you fit in a Mini Cooper?

None, it's full of elephants.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

FFT posted:

Come to think of it It was about fitting n into a VW Beetle

Yeah “in a Volkswagen bug” is how I learned it.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Yeah the versions I learned was "how many Jews can you fit in a Volkswagen?"
"6 million and 4, 4 in the seats and 6 millon in the ashtrays"

How about a funny Holocaust joke instead?

Decades after escaping Aushwitz, Shmuel passes away. In the afterlife, he reunites with his friends who perished there. They start reminiscing and soon they are laughing and joking about the terrible conditions in the camp and the sadism of the guards. God overhears this and interrupts them, saying "hey! That's not funny!" "Oh," says Shmuel, "I guess you had to be there"

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
The famous clown Pagliacci goes to see a Proctologist...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

How about a funny Holocaust joke instead?

Decades after escaping Aushwitz, Shmuel passes away. In the afterlife, he reunites with his friends who perished there. They start reminiscing and soon they are laughing and joking about the terrible conditions in the camp and the sadism of the guards. God overhears this and interrupts them, saying "hey! That's not funny!" "Oh," says Shmuel, "I guess you had to be there"

Now this is a good one.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

ulmont posted:

And 7 in the ashtray.

joke from a time many years ago when cars had ashtrays and we made terrible jokes about the 7 astronauts that died in the Challenger explosion

That joke predates that incident for sure. The oldest version I heard was "how many comedians can you fit in a VW Beetle?", to which the answer is "two in the back, two in the front and Richard Pryor in the ashtray". It was a riff on an incident where Pryor badly burned himself while freebasing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

jodai posted:

My kid told me a run of jokes that I really liked and never heard.

I guess you weren't a child in Soviet Finland.

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017
A young person took up the arms and armour of a recently-deceased parent. 'With these weapons and with this will, I shall forever be a champion of justice!' they vowed. Happily, their parents' faithful horse stood nearby and only a nod and a wink was required to the tacking staff in order for our protagonist to be about their ways. On their first essay from their birthplace our protagonist was challenged thus by a local village: 'Help, help! A beast with a dozen heads assails us, and all hope is lost!' Fearing only the retrospective outrage of the locals in regard of their entitlement, and previous failure to maintain feudal terms by exterminating such beasts, our guy set about it. Meeting the creature on its own terms on a seaside beach, a brutal dance saw the monster's heads besliced by a single swing of our hero's weapon.

This triumph reached the Queen of the land and she issued the following proclamation: 'For each head brought before me (of the monsters obviously) I shall grant a proportionate share of my demesne. Other parts considered, for example hair of the very dog.'

Our hero was pleased to receive this news, engaged as they were in a pitched battle with a beast of two dozen heads, in the next village along. Righteousness and violence saw the beast slain, and our hero present at court touting, at this point, three dozen monster heads.

Nevertheless, the Queen got right to the point: 'What have you done for us lately, adventurer? Even now a beast with three dozen heads plagues my people in the south, and the stench from its shaggy coat drives all mortals insane! Return to me when you have bested this beast!'

So our guy, without promising anything, took a wander down around where the beast was and was startled to come upon it nonetheless.

Three dozen heads, and all angry! A tremendous battle followed, and the ground was stained with blood and sweat. Exhausted, our hero chose to withdraw. However, a last snap from one of the beast's many heads provided opportunity and one of the monster's ears was severed and tucked into a backpack.

Kneeling before the Queen, it was demanded of our hero how many heads were brought.

'None, my liege. I have only this piece of the beast.'

'Give it 'ere.'

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
OK, I'll bite.
I've read it a few times, I can't find any puns, and it's not an acrostic. The words "shaggy" and "dog" are in there, but I can't fathom why.

I don't get it.

Dave Syndrome has a new favorite as of 12:57 on Jan 18, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dave Syndrome posted:

OK, I'll bite. I don't get it.

It's a really bad broken pun. "''Ere" and "ear" sound the same, which doesn't matter as the context only allows for one interpretation.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's a really bad broken pun. "''Ere" and "ear" sound the same, which doesn't matter as the context only allows for one interpretation.

That's as far as I got, but I thought surely that couldn't be the joke, since "Give it ear" doesn't even make sense grammatically.

If that was indeed intended to be the punchline, it's truly terrible.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nothing new there, then.

Anyway: did you hear about the YouTuber who got bitten by a werewolf? He became a lycansubscribe.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
The version I heard had the princess saying "What's this ear?" which feels like it works a bit better

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

Jedit posted:

Anyway: did you hear about the YouTuber who got bitten by a werewolf? He became a lycansubscribe.

sensiblechuckle.gif

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I was at the hospital earlier when a man came into the ER. He told the doctors that he had stuck a plastic pony figure into his rectum. They examined him and found that he had actually stuck at least six of the figures up there. The good news is, he's stable.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jedit posted:

Nothing new there, then.

Oh, very good 😁

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Whybird posted:

The version I heard had the princess saying "What's this ear?" which feels like it works a bit better

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I WRITE JOKES IN CAPITALS.

THIS ONE WAS WRITTEN IN AMSTERDAM.