Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

You can still bring w-cast passives, but you do have to use them with care. In particular they're really good with AoEs, since any differences based on DEF or RES are going to be small and easily corrected. (Seeing Cloud triplecasting his BSB2 command 2 with USB1 active is lovely. ::stonklol:) My biggest issue was in the transition from three judges to one, but that can be solved by throwing enough burst damage right after Gabranth becomes vulnerable. Apocalypse Sentence triggers on turn 2 of his solo phase and turn 1 of his "weak" (75% HP) phase, so as long as you've got some juice to spare you can throw around an AOSB and/or w-cast abilities to shut him up. You'll still eat one dispel, but if you're at this level of play that's around the time to reset your buffs anyway.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Decided on another pull on banner 3 and got Tidus AOSB and Rydia LMR. Huh, the one 6* on the banner I was least interested in. Frustrated, I pulled again on ff8-1 and managed this

loving stellar pull, but still no gen2 ice chain argh. :(

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I finally got a level 99 Evrae and I'm working on getting a second. How did you guys assemble your magicite decks to take most advantage of Surging Power, specifically so that you can use it in both magic and physical focused teams?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Don't make a second Evrae. It's not practical to fit in another after you consider other empower and dampen elements in the mix. This is especially true for fights when you need multiple dampens for different elements and even Unicorn to fill your deck.

Save some time for yourself and work on good inherit fodder instead. Health Boon is great for Evrae, by the way.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

ETB posted:

Don't make a second Evrae. It's not practical to fit in another after you consider other empower and dampen elements in the mix. This is especially true for fights when you need multiple dampens for different elements and even Unicorn to fill your deck.

Save some time for yourself and work on good inherit fodder instead. Health Boon is great for Evrae, by the way.

Well the second one was going to be for inheritance, or does Surging Power not qualify for inheritance? Also, I'll look into adding health boon to my current Evrae. Thanks!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

saltylopez posted:

Well the second one was going to be for inheritance, or does Surging Power not qualify for inheritance? Also, I'll look into adding health boon to my current Evrae. Thanks!

You can’t inherit Surging Power. If you want to make 2 Evrae, do health boon on one and fast act on the other. Health boon because it’s a good catch-all defensive that also helps boost Surging Power. Fast act because it’s the best offensive inheritable that both physical and magical DPS can benefit from.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I’m still after Quistis gear!

Nuts! Nothing from Quistis in four pulls! But, I did want that LMR, so it was worth getting dupes for everything else.

That AOSB is now 6*++, so Rinoa is now a monster.

Now I’m hearing ol’ Sealion talking poo poo about everyone.

First ever sub10 on a magicite! :toot:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Are roaming warriors once per day or something? It seems like the more I play the deeper I have to dig to find a godwall (pretty much the only RW I actually use).

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

Are roaming warriors once per day or something? It seems like the more I play the deeper I have to dig to find a godwall (pretty much the only RW I actually use).

Yep, that's why you need to friend a bunch of people with the same RW so you have enough to use each day. My list is like 15+ godwalls and 15+ shadow bsb's and not much else

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/EdFhZeP
legitimately do not know how to feel about this draw

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/EdFhZeP
legitimately do not know how to feel about this draw
if you have or ever get things for those characters its good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have a reasonably equipped ramza but more than that it’s a 3/11 draw, which is good. but it’s all 5*’s, which is bad. but it’s all non dupes, which is good. but it’s all for characters i don’t have much for, which is bad. it’s a conundrum

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Anyone know off the top of their head who other than Rem has a BSB with damage+heal for Yiazmat? SoulBreak Search doesn't look at the commands for filtering, so my current option is looking through everyone I've got. I know Aphamau has one but it would keep turning Activated on/off to do damage and I'm not sure if time is an issue in the setup.

Or is there something else about Rem's BSB that trivializes the guy? Nothging jumps out at me but I've missed the obvious before.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don’t know what yiazmat or the ramifications thereof is but i know rapha of all characters has a burst command which does a couple of lightning attacks and heals one ally

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Who the gently caress thought a half hour fight with yiazmat was a good idea for a goddamn mobile game

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

stab posted:

Who the gently caress thought a half hour fight with yiazmat was a good idea for a goddamn mobile game

Probably the same guy who decided that when the game crashes 25 minutes into the fight, you start over.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sort of now comprehending that yiazmat is an agonizingly long fight that requires burst commands to survive, i think vanille’s bursts generally have both attack and heal components

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
gently caress yooouuuuuuu

Lol the ??? Yiazmat has 50mil+ hp after i spent an hour taking down the 220

Get the gently caress out of here Dena

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

220 Yiazmat down with Bartz/Edgar/Vaan/Squall/Y'shtola (brought her for proshellga, then forgot to equip it. Oops!) Edgar getting the buff just before quad-casting a snipe for 2.4mil damage was pretty fun. Had to use one Mog RW for a pickmeup but LS didn't trigger on anyone after that, but it sure got boring by the end. Since D??? has 4 times as much HP, I think I'll pass.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Finally got a godpull :woop:

Still need a holy chain though :negative:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Finally got a godpull :woop:

Still need a holy chain though :negative:

I got one too!

No dupes!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Anyone know off the top of their head who other than Rem has a BSB with damage+heal for Yiazmat? SoulBreak Search doesn't look at the commands for filtering, so my current option is looking through everyone I've got. I know Aphamau has one but it would keep turning Activated on/off to do damage and I'm not sure if time is an issue in the setup.

Or is there something else about Rem's BSB that trivializes the guy? Nothging jumps out at me but I've missed the obvious before.
A big part of the draw of Rem BSB is that the attack component to her CMD1 depends on MND anyway, so the self-heal will inevitably restore her to full. Otherwise I know you can use Ashe BSB (for which Garnet's BSB1 dagger is ideal for both +lightning and +MND), Rapha BSB (she can equip a +MND staff but gets no enelement), or Orlandeau BSB (which grants a %heal rather than a MND-based heal on its CMD2, but which is only 2 hits at a time), Vayne BSB (granting %heal on either command). There also were some oddball clears with Yda/Machina/Raines, but I take it they involve a lot of juggling of breaks and commands to avoid getting pasted. In particular Yda and Machina both have to juggle USB vs. BSB to grab blinks and damage negation, but I don't know what Cid Raines had.

Other attack+heal BSB commands I could find were Pecil's BSB1 CMD1 (only 1 hit which is too slow for the last phase), Ceodore's CMD1 (but it's fixed at 25% maximum HP), both of Galuf's BSB1 commands (same thing), Garnet's BSB2 CMD1 (which heals a fixed percent and has the same summon trigger issues as Aphmau BSB), Quina's BSB2 CMD1 (only in JP), Yuna's BSB2 CMD2 (another command based on a summon trigger), Kimahri's CMD1 (fixed percent), Gabranth's CMD2 (only 1 hit), Reks' CMD2 (fixed percent), Gaffgarion's CMD2 (only 1 hit), or Reynn's CMD2 (fixed percent). Thus the selection from the first paragraph will probably work best for folks who aren't whales, since everything else either has some significant drawback or requires a lot of fancy maneuvering between multiple breaks.

While I have Rem BSB, I'll probably try using Ashe first because I have her USB as well. I remember seeing a clear video before, and the biggest thing limiting you was in how many hits you could get in per cast. (I also have Orlandeau BSB and Yda BSB/USB but those would be more complicated to set up.)

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 1, 2018

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
2/11 - Sephiroth BSB, Ramza LMR

Bleh

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

NGDBSS posted:

A big part of the draw of Rem BSB is that the attack component to her CMD1 depends on MND anyway, so the self-heal will inevitably restore her to full. Otherwise I know you can use Ashe BSB (for which Garnet's BSB1 dagger is ideal for both +lightning and +MND), Rapha BSB (she can equip a +MND staff but gets no enelement), or Orlandeau BSB (which grants a %heal rather than a MND-based heal on its CMD2, but which is only 2 hits at a time), Vayne BSB (granting %heal on either command). There also were some oddball clears with Yda/Machina/Raines, but I take it they involve a lot of juggling of breaks and commands to avoid getting pasted. In particular Yda and Machina both have to juggle USB vs. BSB to grab blinks and damage negation, but I don't know what Cid Raines had.

Other attack+heal BSB commands I could find were Pecil's BSB1 CMD1 (only 1 hit which is too slow for the last phase), Ceodore's CMD1 (but it's fixed at 25% maximum HP), both of Galuf's BSB1 commands (same thing), Garnet's BSB2 CMD1 (which heals a fixed percent and has the same summon trigger issues as Aphmau BSB), Quina's BSB2 CMD1 (only in JP), Yuna's BSB2 CMD2 (another command based on a summon trigger), Kimahri's CMD1 (fixed percent), Gabranth's CMD2 (only 1 hit), Reks' CMD2 (fixed percent), Gaffgarion's CMD2 (only 1 hit), or Reynn's CMD2 (fixed percent). Thus the selection from the first paragraph will probably work best for folks who aren't whales, since everything else either has some significant drawback or requires a lot of fancy maneuvering between multiple breaks.

While I have Rem BSB, I'll probably try using Ashe first because I have her USB as well. I remember seeing a clear video before, and the biggest thing limiting you was in how many hits you could get in per cast. (I also have Orlandeau BSB and Yda BSB/USB but those would be more complicated to set up.)

I've also seen people do solo clears with Bartz using Drain Strike of all things for their healing needs.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
People are speculating that the banner rates on the Japanese server may have been changed from 'good' G5 (1 guaranteed 5*+ and 10 random rolls) to 'bad' G5 (11 random rolls, replace one with a 5*+ if all 11 miss - the RoP method), which increases the odds of going 1/11 substantially.

Here's the original post on Gamefaqs, some discussion on Reddit, and a graph:

I don't know the source for the original data so perhaps this has been blown out of proportion, but if you were planning to save all your mythril until next March, it might be something to factor in to your plans.

Edit: The graph might be somewhat misleading, the normal odds of going 1/11 is about 27-28% based on previous analysis. Personally I'm not sure how seriously to take this.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 2, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Considering how much stronger 4th aniv stuff is that would still make it worth saving for if you were already so inclined. Also outrage might just make them reverse it same as the offbanner thing, who knows if they’ll even stick with that for global.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Ripley posted:

People are speculating that the banner rates on the Japanese server may have been changed from 'good' G5 (1 guaranteed 5*+ and 10 random rolls) to 'bad' G5 (11 random rolls, replace one with a 5*+ if all 11 miss - the RoP method), which increases the odds of going 1/11 substantially.

Here's the original post on Gamefaqs, some discussion on Reddit, and a graph:

I don't know the source for the original data so perhaps this has been blown out of proportion, but if you were planning to save all your mythril until next March, it might be something to factor in to your plans.

Edit: The graph might be somewhat misleading, the normal odds of going 1/11 is about 27-28% based on previous analysis. Personally I'm not sure how seriously to take this.

Anecdotally, I haven't noticed any difference but I will also admit that I'm biased against this conspiracy mongering stuff. "Just play the game and enjoy the pulls you get, ya goobers," essentially. :shrug:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Welp, there's the incredibly easy and incredibly boring way to deal with Yiazmat :effort:

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Avalerion posted:

Considering how much stronger 4th aniv stuff is that would still make it worth saving for if you were already so inclined.

Yeah, AASBs look ridiculous. Even I'm going to try and save up a bit, and I'm terrible at saving in this game.

LornMarkus posted:

Anecdotally, I haven't noticed any difference but I will also admit that I'm biased against this conspiracy mongering stuff. "Just play the game and enjoy the pulls you get, ya goobers," essentially. :shrug:

Good attitude to have. I can't help finding the conspiracy theories interesting, if only because gachas are in such a weird space, but as we don't have access to real data it usually just seems to end up with people bickering over anecdotes and confirmation bias.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

Welp, there's the incredibly easy and incredibly boring way to deal with Yiazmat :effort:

Is that 220 or ???

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

For the record, elemental Awakening SBs (so far, just Terra) seem to follow the same rules as Chains do with regards to what counts as being the appropriate element. In other words, as long as you're using an attack which includes the element in question, you get the double cast from the Awakening Mode. This means Terra can effectively use her ASB to target fire (the base element), ice and thunder (via Valigarmanda), and wind and earth (via Meltdown).

Also, if you're only going to target one ASB, target Bartz's. He can hit every element except for Holy and Dark (and Bio only gets one hit, but it's not really a thing anymore anyway) with a four+ hit 5 or 6 star attack, and he gets elemental boost in the four crystal elements. He's by far the most versatile of the current ASBs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Is that 220 or ???

220. ??? requires a little more effort, but it's still doable (and also a whole lot more boring).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

I was all set to make this the first Boudnless boss that I would actually make an attempt at finishing, but the slog of 220 just killed that interest for me. I'm glad they just give money and bragging rights.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

220. ??? requires a little more effort, but it's still doable (and also a whole lot more boring).

I just did the 220 with Ashe and lmao just lmao. The best part was auto battling between BSB entries. :laugh:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Fister Roboto posted:

I tried 220 with Ashe once but got petrified so I haven't tried it again. AI thread is up now https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/9ksyel/autumn_feast_cruelest_heretic_enemy_stats_and_ai/

Apocalypse Stone Breath (NAT: AoE/LR - 202% Phys Dmg, Ignores Def & Blinks, Uses ATK^0.5, 33% chance of Petrify - Only targets Slots 2+3+4)

I had Ashe in slot 3 like you so congrats on not getting petrified! At least now I know to put her in 1 or 5 when I try again.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah I had to move her to slot 1 for Transcendent. It does put her at risk of stop and IKO, but Yiazmat only has 180 mind and the IKO doesn't come out until turn 20 of that particular phase.

As a side note, I really appreciate that there's a visual indication for phase changes in this fight.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh boi almost time to get absolutely nothing that will help with Kraken!

e; loving nevermind! Bitch and thou shalt receive apparently!

4/11: Ignis BSB, Shantotto Glint, Shantotto USB, Garnet CSB!

If I combined that Ignis BSB with Bartz USB1 or dived Yuffie with Glint, or both, would that power me through Maliris too?

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 3, 2018

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

dunno if I'll ever use it. I think it's a stronger spear than Kain's BSB at least.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

dunno if I'll ever use it. I think it's a stronger spear than Kain's BSB at least.

It's instant cast 10 lightning hits with pentabreak. It's great for breaking and outstanding for lightning chains. Definitely worth having her take a small break from entrust botting.

I got Shantotto AOSB and Ignis BSB. First time I've been excited about the 5* over the 6* in quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

From BSB only to MEGA SHANTOTTO in 2 pulls. Wish I got the MAG chain instead but it's still a great end to the fest! Did pretty well for only having 3 pulls total.