Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I said it in discord, but I wanted to say thanks again for pronoun roles in discord. Yall are awesome, and I wouldnt want to play poopships with another group of people. HONK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

The flip side of that is you can be good at 5 things or great at one.

Most of pvp is just choosing the right engagements, and being “great” skilled doesn’t matter for that angle. If you’re in a “fair fight”, having 10% more armor or whatever can matter.

Basically don’t worry about specialization for a while. Train whatever looks cool and fun. Your ability to compete with other players is 50% you, 40% how much isk you’re risking (what ship / rigs / mods), and 10% skill points.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

While on the topic, I just want to say the Goosefleet wiki has been massively helpful. Many thanks to all the contributors!

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Wrap it up failures, we got gotted.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
HONK. HONK!!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Eox posted:

HONK. HONK!!

le honque

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Getting them to HONK at us is a cultural victory.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

So I've submitted Top Honk as our corp video for the contest. Here is a breakdown of the rules:

We can have more than one video. So if you're creative, or just really bad at adobe premiere like me, make a video.

:byodood: "Mash that like button, and don't forget to comment!"

DRWN
Aug 29, 2020

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So I've submitted Top Honk as our corp video for the contest. Here is a breakdown of the rules:

We can have more than one video. So if you're creative, or just really bad at adobe premiere like me, make a video.

:byodood: "Mash that like button, and don't forget to comment!"

Very nice.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Just started this because I am stuck in quarantine with nothing else to do. Is there any reason not to spend my free points?

Also is there any reason not to join a Corp? Doubt I’ll play for long but who knows.

Soon, you will be able to turn skills back to SP in exchange for plex.
5000 SP / Plex.

Ishvara
Dec 10, 2009

When I die, I hope to go to Heaven, whatever the Hell that is.

Kaysette posted:

Getting them to HONK at us is a cultural victory.

Honk is spreading much faster than I initially assumed would happen.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Ishvara posted:

Honk is spreading much faster than I initially assumed would happen.

We're cultural innovators, just as we always have been.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
The Prophecy: Or, How Cubical Got Away With “Reselling” a Corp Ship

You may know me from my frequent posts about how we in the Featheration don’t pay for ships. Or, you may know me from my frequent posts about creative contracts I’ve used in this sandbox known as Eve Echoes. Well either way, you’re in for a treat, because this tale combines both of those and, if all goes well, doesn’t even result in me getting kicked out of the corp. So strap in, leverage your “attention to detail” skills, and we’ll get started.

It begins with a simple request for a boat. I had eggs to burn and a dual-Omega character gearing up for T7. A match made in heaven.

But what’s this I see as I’m gallivanting amongst the systems?

That same boat being sold for 300 million! I’m no mathemagician, but 300 > 239, this looks like an opportunity to profit. But there are three issues here.

1) Market pricing. Is 300M even a good deal? Easy yes, lowest sell prices were 325M+, so this is definitely viable, if I can find the right buyer.

I check out “Frank Lai” because you can’t be too careful about who you trust in-game.

“Untitled Technologies” and “Untitled Alliance.” Sounds like someone got the Jack7 Situ treatment when setting up their governance structure.

2) Contract fees. 8% goes back down the drain, so need to some additional math. 240M + 8% = 259M, so this is the bare minimum I can sell for without losing isk.

3) Covertness. Need to sell quickly, and sell away from home base, otherwise Alliance Leadership might sniff me out trying to resell a corp-bought ship. Already aware of what my low-end price is, I decide not to get greedy here.

All right, the contract is set. Now time to get out to the where my message won’t be seen by my feathery brethren.

I fly and I fly, 60 folks in local in this system, 35 folks in local in that system, 83 folks in local in the next system. Spreading my offer. But then I get to a slightly more crowded system.

What’s this? A few folks in system are trying to drive away customers! Well, I wonder why this might be…

Happy Bees III...sounds familiar…

XBUX, BBUX, Arawn...I remember Arawn...The pieces are starting to fall into place now…

All right, all right, I see what’s going on. Some former friends-but-now-notfriends are brigading my contracts, trying to drive away my business. And I can’t even report it as a Diplo incident since I’m doing this sale off-the-books.

And now check what happens, I find myself in a price-war, where I’ve got the lower price, but thanks to the brigading I’m not getting any bites. I don’t know how the isk-doublers in Jita have so much stamina, but I just eventually had to throw in the towel.

“But Cubical,” you ask, “after breaking the one ‘don’t resell this stuff please’ rule, why aren’t you going to get kicked?” Well, there may have been one small contract detail I left out.

Fin.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

CubicalSucrose posted:

The Prophecy: Or, How Cubical Got Away With “Reselling” a Corp Ship

:golfclap:

Arawn
Jul 5, 2020
lmao

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

you son of a bitch, I'm in

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

So to clarify a few things, everyone is confused about the new auth system for the wiki.

We caught a bunch of unknown IP's and high data usage all at once, and we shut off the wiki. In my experience this always means compromised. We then set up our auth system so that its through our discord, so if you're not in our discord you won't be getting access.

Sorry for all the confusion, wiki is now safe, auth is now up, it won't happen again.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

DNK posted:

The flip side of that is you can be good at 5 things or great at one.

Most of pvp is just choosing the right engagements, and being “great” skilled doesn’t matter for that angle. If you’re in a “fair fight”, having 10% more armor or whatever can matter.

Basically don’t worry about specialization for a while. Train whatever looks cool and fun. Your ability to compete with other players is 50% you, 40% how much isk you’re risking (what ship / rigs / mods), and 10% skill points.

Yeah, I'm bad at pvp largely cause I'm bad at choosing engagements. Lost to a Condor II in my battleventure earlier, and SP played a very small factor in that loss. It came down to him getting the killing blow volley one tick sooner than I did. If I had a different fit (more expensive weapons), I may have won. Not sure. But I don't think me having one more level in missiles or one more level in shields or etc would have changed the outcome. Not more than spending more on weapons, that's for sure. And I had plenty of time to bug out but thought I could kill him before he recycled, so I definitely put that on me not me lacking SP.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Khris Kruel posted:

So to clarify a few things, everyone is confused about the new auth system for the wiki.

We caught a bunch of unknown IP's and high data usage all at once, and we shut off the wiki. In my experience this always means compromised. We then set up our auth system so that its through our discord, so if you're not in our discord you won't be getting access.

Sorry for all the confusion, wiki is now safe, auth is now up, it won't happen again.

Oh no not the new player guide I'm absolutely devastated we're through just through I tell you

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Damnit now they have my instructions for what to do if you’ve installed eve online by mistake.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

w00tmonger posted:

See ya later SA Goons! Get well Clousey

i thought Clousey would have been nailed to a cross by now! oh god, i'm so confused

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

corgski posted:

Damnit now they have my instructions for what to do if you’ve installed eve online by mistake.

Is it uninstall?

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

We did it! Awaken another line member that they are under a racist alliance.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
We await your report BIG DRYWALL MAN.

Make us proud.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

This post is for all the supercasual Toilet EVE players like me that almost never have time to even get on comms, let alone join a fleet, and want to help burn Deklein.

Burning lower level bases and harassing miners takes almost no time (~7 minutes to clear a level 2 base, ~15 to clear a lvl 3), nets you a nominal bounty; and, you can do it in almost any ship.

What's that? You're waiting for your free ship order or have some other excuse? Get in a Tristan!* They cost almost nothing (60k), look cool, align instantly, warp fast, have higher defense than all other basic frigates and some II-type interceptors, and you can clear low level base rats with them with your weapon of choice & drones almost as fast as you can switch targets. Additionally, I have had CaNIs run away from me in a trash frigate because they think I have a 10m isk warp scrambler mounted to a 60k frigate.

Before you know it, you'll have burned a dozen bases before your new ship is even out of the oven! Just be sure to honk after each base pops.

*I'm using missiles due to my skills; but, use whatever you're good at since the ship bonus is miniscule.

rocketrobot fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 5, 2020

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Ever wonder what it's like to completely poo poo your pants and be unable to say you aren't racist?

And the finisher:

Ursula Le Goon
Jan 3, 2013

rocketrobot posted:

This post is for all the supercasual Toilet EVE players like me that almost never have time to even get on comms, let alone join a fleet, and want to help burn Deklein.

Burning lower level bases and harassing miners takes almost no time (~7 minutes to clear a level 2 base, ~15 to clear a lvl 3), nets you a nominal bounty; and, you can do it in almost any ship.

What's that? You're waiting for your free ship order or have some other excuse? Get in a Tristan!* They cost almost nothing (60k), look cool, align instantly, warp fast, have higher defense than all other basic frigates and some II-type interceptors, and you can clear low level base rats with them with your weapon of choice & drones almost as fast as you can switch targets. Additionally, I have had CaNIs run away from me in a trash frigate because they think I have a 10m isk warp scrambler mounted to a 60k frigate.

Before you know it, you'll have burned a dozen bases before your new ship is even out of the oven! Just be sure to honk after each base pops.

*I'm using missiles due to my skills; but, use whatever you're good at since the ship bonus is miniscule.

Finally a good use for my horde of Tristans that I ran encounters with pre-Goosefleet :toot:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

oh my god

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
You're doing good work, little goose.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Ever wonder what it's like to completely poo poo your pants and be unable to say you aren't racist?

And the finisher:

:wow:

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

some big brain dipshit in RAID last night pinged one of our diplos directly in the official echoes discord eve talk channel and proceeded to get bodied before explicitly stating theyre not mad, they're glad we're killing their miners and carebears

esto es malo fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 5, 2020

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

People in toilet game really love the taste of victory wine.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kaysette posted:

People in toilet game really love the taste of victory wine.

you mean their own blood with broken teeth in it?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

That guy is having a normal day.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

And the finisher:

That's pretty amazing right there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Just someone coming to terms with maybe they are racist. (spoiler: they are)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

last night in discord i had the realization that if we can find some french corps to ally with, we could be the HHH Alliance: Hon Hon Honk

PaToNe
Sep 26, 2013
Rekium left the racist bees, we are now with ours chinese brothers fighting the racist bees in delve.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Thanks for this post, I was trying to find ways to help the war effort outside of ganking randos.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

PaToNe posted:

Rekium left the racist bees, we are now with ours chinese brothers fighting the racist bees in delve.

arent you the racist wannabee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

PaToNe posted:

So are they less racist now that you left?