Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
it's sleeveless being sleeveless. just be glad he's not effortposting about Tommy Pickles's baby dick again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

That's awesome, Das Boo has always been amazing with animation and deserves the best :kimchi:

Too bad she's getting to do Rugrats instead.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Schlong Connery posted:

Thought you meant all grown up rugrats; which was bad.

Was thinking of Ed, Edd, and Eddy and I feel like the show kind of went past where it should have when they had them go back to school. It's like the empty world they occupied became too surreal when they were put into a context that should have had a lot more people around. I didn't watch the show much after that, but it was also around the age where I felt like I was outgrowing most nick and cn shows, so i'm not sure how severe the quality dip actually was.

Also were they supposed to be in middle school or high school or what?

Didnt the last episode/movie thing reveal that the whole series was three old men reminiscing about their childhood?

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues

...of SCIENCE! posted:

If you think a person who posts on the same website as you working on a thing is noteworthy just wait until you discover Tumblr and Twitter.

your posting is as bad as everybody says

and yes this old community forum with 4000 active users on a saturday evening is clearly comparable to platforms like tumblr and twitter :rolleye:

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I always assumed they reproduced the Power Rangers suits since the Americans were different sizes and shapes than the original actors. What I didn't realize as a kid was that even for what little coverage they did film with the costumes in the US they still used stunt men. I just saw one compete in an old episode of American Gladiators.

That's what I always figured, you could see in some segments that the costumes looked pristine. (Power Rangers came out when I was in middle school, and I drew a comic making fun of it, so I watched the show for ideas.) Also, the Japanese Yellow Ranger was clearly a man (didn't wear a skirt like the Pink Ranger), but in the new segments you could see that a woman was wearing the costume.

The actress who played Trini died in 2001, RIP.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Didnt the last episode/movie thing reveal that the whole series was three old men reminiscing about their childhood?

One of the seasons ended on that but not the series

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Roobanguy posted:

One of the seasons ended on that but not the series

Yeah, season 4 ended on that IIRC, in part cause they thought they weren't getting another pick up (52 half hours used to be something of a hard cap at Cartoon Network,) then they got two more seasons & a TV movie as CN realized it makes more sense to keep things rolling than not if a show is working well, and Ed, Edd n Eddy was at points back then getting better ratings in reruns than everything else on the network including debut content.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Remember the episode that outright shows the Kankers living in a trailer and the heavy implication they all have different dads?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Sentient Data posted:

That's awesome, Das Boo has always been amazing with animation and deserves the best :kimchi:

:kimchi:

super sweet best pal posted:

Too bad she's getting to do Rugrats instead.

Mercifully, it's just freelance! My actual job's on Pantheon for Titmouse, which I'm sincerely pretty excited about. It'll probably be the only adult drama of my career because this country cannot possibly give a poo poo about animation.

If you want to do high-concept animation, aim for the preteen demo. Once you hit adult, it's almost entirely lowbrow comedy with stiff art. :argh:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Remember the episode that outright shows the Kankers living in a trailer and the heavy implication they all have different dads?

No but that seems entirely on point for that show. Everyone is hosed up in some way in that cul-de-sac. I think the only well-adjusted character is Nazz. Or maybe Plank.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rolf seemed to have his poo poo together.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
He is the son of a shepherd.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Extra Large Marge posted:

Rolf seemed to have his poo poo together.

He is the son of a shepherd.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

...of SCIENCE! posted:

If you think a person who posts on the same website as you working on a thing is noteworthy just wait until you discover Tumblr and Twitter.

Shut the gently caress up, Sleeveless.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
*laughs in Ed*

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This will always be my fav Ed Edd n Eddy joke

https://youtu.be/7R4RKLtwGHg

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

verbal enema posted:

This will always be my fav Ed Edd n Eddy joke

https://youtu.be/7R4RKLtwGHg

The dumbest jokes are always the best.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It is my sad duty to announce to this thread that Doug Funnie passed into the Kingdom of Heaven today at 4:20 PM. He was 25 years old. He died alone and afraid in an iron lung, his last words and feelings unknown and unrecorded. May his name be forgotten, his seed wiped from this Earth, and may he disappear from the memory of every living thing that ever was. Rest in piss, bitch! :haw:

Donkeylips lovers rejoice! This is now the official, honest-to-god-copper Salute Your Shorts thread, whatever the gently caress that is. All discussion about this thing on SomethingAwful, present and future, is to be contained within this thread. There you have it! Have at it and happy posting! :tipshat:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Oops, guess there was no interest whatsoever in that. Thread closed! :newlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTdwq-4ii2c

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 9, 2021

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
woah its open

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Rejoice!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Don't loving talk about Salute Your Shorts, we don't need another stupid drama bomb

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
When I was a kid whenever Salute My Shorts or Hey Dude came on it was time to go outside.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Thread has been revived like my Doug loathing.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Doug Unfunnie

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is Christine Taylor the most successful of the live action Nick teens? Yeah there's Melissa Joan Hart but after Sabrina she never really got anywhere that any actually paid attention to.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Kenan Thompson I would say

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I always forget about Good Burger/Kenan & Kel because it was after my time.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
You remorseless bastards. Doug is DEAD, and you do this?!?! :mad:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

You remorseless bastards. Doug is DEAD, and you do this?!?! :mad:

So we can posthumously talk about how much he sucks.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Doug spent his last years working at a Sbarro.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Finally, Doug did something right.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Do do do do do do do do do do

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Yes! Seems like we have mod approval now as well, assuming no one brings up the drama from the bad old TVIV days.

What's everybody's favorite SYS episodes? I think the capture the flag episode was great, it made me want to have elaborate neighborhood night games.

And speaking of live Nick, did anyone ever wonder what getting one of those pies in the face on Double Dare would have been like? Were they just whipped cream or did they have some kind of crust and filling? I know the sliding into the big one where you had to search around for a flag or something must have just been whipped cream but that giant fake cherry in there little kid me thought could possibly be real and I really wanted to eat a cherry that large.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

muscles like this! posted:

I always forget about Good Burger/Kenan & Kel because it was after my time.

Keenan has also been on SNL since 2003 and premiered his own show this year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you want to talk about Double Dare here's an hour and a half video about the history of the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGw1ycQkg4o

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

muscles like this! posted:

If you want to talk about Double Dare here's an hour and a half video about the history of the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGw1ycQkg4o

Does it cover Marc Summer's OCD?

E: Okay, why the gently caress was Olympic Gold Medalist Summer Sanders hosting a loving quiz show on Nickelodeon? Lmao

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 9, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

Does it cover Marc Summer's OCD?

Its been a while since I've watched it but IIRC it does but mostly talks about how at the time he had it under control.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

A Strange Aeon posted:

Yes! Seems like we have mod approval now as well, assuming no one brings up the drama from the bad old TVIV days.

What's everybody's favorite SYS episodes? I think the capture the flag episode was great, it made me want to have elaborate neighborhood night games.

And speaking of live Nick, did anyone ever wonder what getting one of those pies in the face on Double Dare would have been like? Were they just whipped cream or did they have some kind of crust and filling? I know the sliding into the big one where you had to search around for a flag or something must have just been whipped cream but that giant fake cherry in there little kid me thought could possibly be real and I really wanted to eat a cherry that large.

I've never seen the show, so you must educate me. The drama from before is explicitly okay to talk about but only in the pure interest of education (like Nazi flags in modern Germany sort of thing). Is it as stupid as the name suggests? I didn't know the NYC Guido Voice guy was a child actor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A Strange Aeon posted:

Wait is there real drama about a thirty year old nick show????