Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Docjowles posted:

Mayo flipping the usual "new coach removes foosball table to show he means business" bit. Hard to crack down when the old boss was already the grumpiest motherfucker on earth.

https://theathletic.com/5483542/2024/05/13/jerod-mayo-patriots-do-your-job/

Belichick was the best coach of all time and used to be able to construct good rosters as not-GM. But Christ was he pointlessly assholish, and way too many people (including most of his coaching tree) thought just being an rear end in a top hat was his superpower, instead of a defect he was able to get away with a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

PTSD
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1790357469241167985

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's okay everyone, this time it's on 9/9 instead of 9/11

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
If at first you don’t succeed, try try again

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't hate having the hardest game on the schedule W1, but this is certainly baiting fate.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lol

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1790360555129352399

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
He's a proven winner

lol

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jesus loving Christ please not again

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Lmao

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1790364449687113853?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Just get him to the playoffs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hate primetime games

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Championship! :lol:

Guess they found the lovely veteran they needed to vulture snaps away from younger, better receivers at least.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This offseason, the Bills have traded away Stefon Diggs and signed Chase Claypool and Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Those are just the facts.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Jets had signed MVS, this thread would, correctly, be making GBS threads all over them.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This fuckin rocks

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

If the Jets had signed MVS, this thread would, correctly, be making GBS threads all over them.

Everyone that's commented on the signing here has responded with some variation of "lol" but it is true that Jets inherently apply multiplier effects for bad move merriment.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I actually applaud this move by the Bills.

They should also try to sign N'Keal Harry.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Please let the funniest thing ever happen with the Jets opening on MNF. I would laugh so much, all the pain up to this point would be worth it

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

we beseech thee, almighty God

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I actually applaud this move by the Bills.

They should also try to sign N'Keal Harry.
Sure, why not? They need all the help they can get to replace the production of such names as Gabe Davis, Deonte Harty, and Trent Sherfield.
Plus, you know, McD needs an excuse to keep Keon Coleman and Khalil Shakir on snap counts. Gotta rotate the receivers, keep them fresh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Please let the funniest thing ever happen with the Jets opening on MNF. I would laugh so much, all the pain up to this point would be worth it

Purdy ACL?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Replacing Gabe Davis with MVS is spectacular spider man pointing meme energy

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

syzpid posted:

An Allen Lazard game winning touchdown catch???

Nov 6, 2002

Docjowles posted:

It's actually a hilarious downgrade.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1790396176665084118

The kickoff time is a win as they can't cook the Bills on the sideline.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Docjowles posted:

Has MVS ever gotten a game ball for his blocking???

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Sunday Morning posted:

Honestly, it should not have surprised people that McD used the 9/11 hijackers as a positive example.
He’s at least as dumb as Josh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1790396176665084118

The kickoff time is a win as they can't cook the Bills on the sideline.

Someone's gotta lose!!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

mcmagic posted:

Someone's gotta lose!!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly after the last Miami September game, it'll be a win if the Bills can leave without everybody being murdered.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The year is 2035, the Dolphins haven’t beaten Buffalo a single time in the last 30+ games.

Bills fans: remember that game where it was real hot during a Miami summer? :downswords:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Miami is going to install a giant magnifying glass over the roof specifically to stop Josh Allen

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

t a s t e posted:

Miami is going to install a giant magnifying glass over the roof specifically to stop Josh Allen

Thank God!

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

Sunday Morning posted:

PFF (lol) had him top 20 wr blocker last year, he is a good blocker. And a top 10 drop rate.

I think we're gonna see a lot of player rotation on offense this year, Scantling opens up the 5 downfield stuff Brady used at LSU.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

t a s t e posted:

It’s that or milfs. We’ve got no other attacks.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Maye already looking like a bust at rookie camp

You love to see it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

BillsPhoenix posted:

PFF (lol) had him top 20 wr blocker last year, he is a good blocker. And a top 10 drop rate.

I think we're gonna see a lot of player rotation on offense this year, Scantling opens up the 5 downfield stuff Brady used at LSU.

He's a good blocker but IIRC he literally received a game ball once after a 0 reception performance.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I guess at least they aren't paying Gabe Davis through 2029 like the Jags

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Ugh, I'm fine with the signing in concept, especially if somehow he continues to exceed expectations in the playoffs. But seems like too much money. I guess it all depends on what the "up to" part of up to $4.5 million is, haven't seen details. If incentives are forming a large part of it, that's a lot better.

I still think the Bills would be better served not going for one-year contracts right now. Save that cap space and roll it over once you figure out how this team is going to function. If everything is clicking halfway through the season, you need a bit of cap space for the trade deadline (or even some kind of late season FA signing).

Nov 6, 2002

Jerod Mayo got fat.

Not sure how this bodes' for his tenure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Gully Foyle posted:

Ugh, I'm fine with the signing in concept, especially if somehow he continues to exceed expectations in the playoffs. But seems like too much money. I guess it all depends on what the "up to" part of up to $4.5 million is, haven't seen details. If incentives are forming a large part of it, that's a lot better.

I still think the Bills would be better served not going for one-year contracts right now. Save that cap space and roll it over once you figure out how this team is going to function. If everything is clicking halfway through the season, you need a bit of cap space for the trade deadline (or even some kind of late season FA signing).
Yeah, but we had to replace Gabe Davis' production. He created so many opportunities for our defense to get on the field!